~Rich Or Skilled?~Devoted12's Statements 4 P2P 2!~UPDATED~

the_black_knight12

Basically skills, but after your rich and all you could always go to working on buyable skills. If that's not a option, I would go for skills, I get jealous every now and then of the merchanters, but when I look at their skills, I see nothing. You cannot publically display your cash, you can lose it anytime as well, but skills remain forever and anyone can view them from the highscore list.

this is totally true.

People get hacked all the time and they lose everything... But their SKILLS!

good reply!

My Chat Is Always ON. For Now Please Give Me A HYT!

Come See My Blog

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i say skills, if you keep buying stuff, whats the fun then? and personally, the only rare i like is red phat as i had *hence the had* one in 2002 till i got hacked. so i rather do skills get a skill cape and say: yes, i am 99 in sumthing. atm, goin for 99 firemaking.

Popoto.~<3

i say skills, if you keep buying stuff, whats the fun then? and personally, the only rare i like is red phat as i had *hence the had* one in 2002 till i got hacked. so i rather do skills get a skill cape and say: yes, i am 99 in sumthing. atm, goin for 99 firemaking.

goodluck on 99 fm and yea I personally only like the red also which I HAD also til I was hacked and my account was stolen... :shame: so anyways I want that back and a santa then I'd be happy, but I'd be fine with a santa maybe een nothing!

Come See My Blog

How can you skill and not merchant at the same time?

If you work on your mining and smithing, your bank will fill up with metal items and you will be forced to sell them if you want space for other skilling items.

You become the richest, you buy all you need to become the best skiller. Now you're no longer the richest, until you sell everything back. Both waste time and money.

<~[ FLAME_ON!! ]~>

on/off RSplayer since 2000

Do You Guys Like This Post? haha

plus who would you have more respectt for a lvl 126 walking around or a person with a phat walking around. I for one would respect a lvl 126 more but thats me!

A level 126 walking around in leather boots and gloves, bronze plateleggs, iron shield, iron helm and bronze platebody with a black dagger and with sapphire necklace

OR

A lvl 3 with a blue partyhat with onyx amulet with white boots and mime gloves with lava staff or something..

I'd pick the lvl 3.

ooh eeh ooh ahah, ting tang wallawallabingbang m8

Do You Guys Like This Post? haha

plus who would you have more respectt for a lvl 126 walking around or a person with a phat walking around. I for one would respect a lvl 126 more but thats me!

A level 126 walking around in leather boots and gloves, bronze plateleggs, iron shield, iron helm and bronze platebody with a black dagger and with sapphire necklace

OR

A lvl 3 with a blue partyhat with onyx amulet with white boots and mime gloves with lava staff or something..

I'd pick the lvl 3.

That's a little skewed. Why would the level 126 walk around in that? I'm sure he'd walk around in something that not just anybody could wear. And I wouldn't be surprised if he also had the stuff that the level 3 was wearing. Your argument doesn't really have any bearing on this discussion.

grammar2gr8dx.png

Chemchord.png

~Member of Legends' Guild~

Riches and Skills are directly linked

It is impossible to merchant riches until you have a few base mils

It is impossible to get a few base mils without doing skills

Besides training nearly every skill can be done in way that makes substantial profit, I mean I am being a skiller now and I am getting fairly rich as I do it.

I mean there is 1 way to train crafting from 1 - 99 tht can make u in excess of 84mil

training fishing gives huge proftis as does wc, fletching, mining and such like

Not ture. You can merchat with as little as 80k. You just keep putting the money back into merchating. You can get 80k with skill less then 30. So you really don't need even mid lvl skills to make enough cash to merchant.

Ok guys you can't buy your way through every skill. Firemaking and Cooking is the only ones you can TRULY by yourself to and that Still takes time. Smithing You can buy ores I guess and smelt then sell but that takes a REALLY REALLY long time. Mining is by yourself, All combat money can help but you dont need it to do it. Runecrafting you can buy essence, but you still have to walk back and forth day after day for quite a long time. You really can't buy your way to everything In RuneScape that is a FALSE assumption.

P.S.

Money can buy your way to SOME skills, but then you wouldnt be the richest anymore if you bought your way through skills. I was askingif you HAD to chose ONE, what would it be? You can't be rich then buy your way to something because you lose the money. Its rare skillers make soo much money as much as a merchanter atleast because with the leftover money you buy your way to 99 cooking and Firemaking. Just take that into consideration!

Come See My Blog

I would'nt want any of them, i'd rather Stay at a certain lvl than be the best, because you will get all the lvl 3s chasing you with there Lethal Bronze Daggers!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: =;

If you aiming at nothing, your be sure to hit it.

-----------------------------------------------------

http://rsdo.net/sigs/users/S/Silver_90909.png

-= Currently Being a noob =-

Money, because that's already the path I'm on, and I could just buy my way to 99 eventually ;).

I also think it's a misconception that merchanting means standing in world 2 typing the same thing over and over again. I rarely go to world 2 for merchanting, and do most of mine over the forums. That way I can still "skill" while merchanting as well.

And in this way, merchanting is not that repetitive. You get to look all over the forums for good deals, and race others to get them. In skilling... it IS the same thing over and over again. There is little variance in training skills, even the most exciting skill will become dull if you're going for #1. In the end, both are equally boring but I'd like to be rich.

icecube7.jpeg

Skills definatly. No one really knows who the richest person on rs is but I'm sure most people have heard of zezima. Skills own and are much more fun that just getting money. You can't really do much with billions of gp but it would be great to have all 99 skills.

plod2.png Click for blog!

plod2.png

Watch great videos!

http://uk.youtube.com/profile?user=plod64

There's two things I never thought of before which you just pointed out to me. Level 99's are shown through the High-Score table whereas money is not. Plus li ke you stated Zezima is very wildy known, yet no one really knows who the richest in the game is...

Come See My Blog

There's two things I never thought of before which you just pointed out to me. Level 99's are shown through the High-Score table whereas money is not. Plus li ke you stated Zezima is very wildy known, yet no one really knows who the richest in the game is...

That's true but there are very rich people (merchants) that were widely known before, at least from the among other merchants, like Duke Freedom.

But I personally wouldn't want to be widely known... because of the all spam I'd get in public chat and private if I did not leave it off or on friends.

icecube7.jpeg

I'd say go for the money, for the following reasons:

1)Skills keep getting easier and easier to lvl, so the longer you wait before touching skills the easier it will become.

2)Though it is easier to make money, things like party hats are constantly becomming harder to get.

3)The best way to make money in the game is to merchant.

The best way to lvl is to powerlvl.

Most powerlvling requires large amounts of money,while giving very little in return.

Therefore the fastest way to improve both is to focus on money first.

4)Though it may be true that zezima is more famous then any merchant, it's worth noting that merchants hold MUCH more sway over the game.

A merchant with enough money could easily sway the prices of any item on the market (assuming it's not something that can easily be bought in infinite amounts from an npc). If I put 100billion gp into buying all the d chains in the game (the available ones anyway) and then selling them at ridiculous prices, I'd easily be able to dictate what the price of that item would be. (if I sell for 1 billion each, who's going to sell for much less when they could be selling for a bil?, and if I sell for 100k, who's going to pay much more?)

Quit runescape, now playing EVE-Online(Mail Cambarus and say hi :mrgreen: )

I would chose to be the most skilled. Then I can use those skills to get money if I want it. Not really into having giant piles of cash. Would rather get stuff that I need.

Meridithila.png

Meridithila.png

The Internet: where men are men, women are men, and children are the FBI.

First Dragon Drop 5/6/2006 -Dragon Med from Bronze Dragon :D

First Barrows Item From Chest 2/20/2007 - Verac's Brassard :D

That's true but there are very rich people (merchants) that were widely known before, at least from the among other merchants, like Duke Freedom.

But I personally wouldn't want to be widely known... because of the all spam I'd get in public chat and private if I did not leave it off or on friends.

It would be fun for the first 10 days i bet thing it would get annoying I agree

AND...

I'd say go for the money, for the following reasons:

1)Skills keep getting easier and easier to lvl, so the longer you wait before touching skills the easier it will become.

2)Though it is easier to make money, things like party hats are constantly becomming harder to get.

3)The best way to make money in the game is to merchant.

The best way to lvl is to powerlvl.

Most powerlvling requires large amounts of money,while giving very little in return.

Therefore the fastest way to improve both is to focus on money first.

4)Though it may be true that zezima is more famous then any merchant, it's worth noting that merchants hold MUCH more sway over the game.

A merchant with enough money could easily sway the prices of any item on the market (assuming it's not something that can easily be bought in infinite amounts from an npc). If I put 100billion gp into buying all the d chains in the game (the available ones anyway) and then selling them at ridiculous prices, I'd easily be able to dictate what the price of that item would be. (if I sell for 1 billion each, who's going to sell for much less when they could be selling for a bil?, and if I sell for 100k, who's going to pay much more?)

Best way to level is to powerlevel all this is true that you said but to me it sounds like that just took the fun out of the whole game if you played like that. I want to play this game because its fun. That just sounds boring. It is in fact a game, so I'm not gonna devote my life to this game and do it the boring way. I will play for fun when I have time and do fun things. merchanting is fun but powerlvling is not. Sucks the fun out of the game in my oppion

Come See My Blog