~Rich Or Skilled?~Devoted12's Statements 4 P2P 2!~UPDATED~

the_black_knight12

This Works For P2P Also!

If you had the choice between being the richest in the game or the most skilled in the game.. What Would You Choose? Take this into consideration. Say to become the best skiller ever in RuneScape history, it will take you 4 years. Now to merchant all the money you need to buy all the rares to become the richest person in RuneScape history it would also take 4 years. So this does not just come instantly. You can only choose one path, which would it be. To be rich or to be the "best"?

At the moment, I am undecided. One of the reason I created this thread was to see what path I should take. I am stuck between becoming a merchanter and being rich, and becoming a skiller. I need guidance in a way, and I would like all your guys's imput.

Thanks,

Devoted12

Keep this thread going please! Make it a top f2p thread we can get a lot of good convos out of this, and you can meet people along the way! You guys are doing great keep it up! I updated to quotes from the cons of both which is below this... Keep it up!

Quoted from below from me:

Take this into consideration then. Because you waited, there was less and less rares left. 4 years from now, there will be very few of each rare left, therefore it will be double most likeyl if not a LOT more than double the price they are now. If you wanted to be the richest, you'd need a lot of money especially if rares rise, and your stuck sitting there skilling up. Yea you finally hit the best skiller, then what? p hats are then like 1 bill each and it will take you triple the time to get there than it would if you started now...

Maybe something to think about!

Also added:

Because you merchanted, you are the richest. So what? what does that show? You can only show one phat off at a time. Your skills would not be good at ALL. You have the money but you went no where. Within the four years it took you to become the richest, someone like zezima kept on skilling and it makes it almost impossible to train to that level because you are soo far behind. :wall: theres really no good answer! ahah

Feel Free to PM me im Devoted12 in game.. give me a hyt or a good post?

My Chat Is Always ON. For Now Please Give Me A HYT!

Come See My Blog

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Take this into consideration then. Because you waited, there was less and less rares left. 4 years from now, there will be very few of each rare left, therefore it will be double most likeyl if not a LOT more than double the price they are now. If you wanted to be the richest, you'd need a lot of money especially if rares rise, and your stuck sitting there skilling up. Yea you finally hit the best skiller, then what? p hats are then like 1 bill each and it will take you triple the time to get there than it would if you started now...

Come See My Blog

skilliest and then get money with skills, duh?

Must skill sdo not make you any money, in fact most you lose money. merchanting is better by far then skills when it comes to gp per hour. I would chose the money. rares countinue to go up in price and that only will make a ton of money a day. I could use some of the money to train skills up fast too.

id choose skiller IF i could keep my current bank, i have the amount of money in rares for a lot of 99s but i just cba to do it

485th person to ever play RuneScape

Blue107- perm banned 10/12/2007. $300 USD reward if you can get me in contact with someone who will take 5 seconds to look at evidence and get my original character unbanned. 

This Works For P2P Also!

If you had the choice between being the richest in the game or the most skilled in the game.. What Would You Choose? Take this into consideration. Say to become the best skiller ever in RuneScape history, it will take you 4 years. Now to merchant all the money you need to buy all the rares to become the richest person in RuneScape history it would also take 4 years. So this does not just come instantly. You can only choose one path, which would it be. To be rich or to be the "best"?

At the moment, I am undecided. One of the reason I created this thread was to see what path I should take. I am stuck between becoming a merchanter and being rich, and becoming a skiller. I need guidance in a way, and I would like all your guys's imput.

Thanks,

Devoted12

Keep this thread going please! Make it a top f2p thread we can get a lot of good convos out of this, and you can meet people along the way! You guys are doing great keep it up! I updated to quotes from the cons of both which is below this... Keep it up! \'

Also added:

Because you merchanted, you are the richest. So what? what does that show? You can only show one phat off at a time. Your skills would not be good at ALL. You have the money but you went no where. Within the four years it took you to become the richest, someone like zezima kept on skilling and it makes it almost impossible to train to that level because you are soo far behind. :wall: theres really no good answer! ahah

Come See My Blog

Then what ? uh I'll quit the game, or jagex introduces a new skill to tackle ;) Or finally I can catch up on all the quests I couldn't do because of the time the madskilling took ;) I skilled my way to a p-hat 1.5 years ago: now its almost impossible to do so if you start from scratch.

DutchDreams.png

Then what ? uh I'll quit the game, or jagex introduces a new skill to tackle ;) Or finally I can catch up on all the quests I couldn't do because of the time the madskilling took ;) I skilled my way to a p-hat 1.5 years ago: now its almost impossible to do so if you start from scratch.

not true at all today I decided to take a merchanting route. Started with 300k merchanted a little and made 900k totalling in 1200k or 1.2m. Now this was without buying rares, in which case you can make 14 m in one day becuase it has been done by vapour :3> Plus, get to 99 smith smith 100 rune bars a day sell each bar 20k 2 mill a day....100 days til one phat definetely not impossible. Anything is possible! :XD:

Come See My Blog

This Works For P2P Also!

more like expotenialy like 6.022^23

ok not that much but still

Riches and Skills are directly linked

It is impossible to merchant riches until you have a few base mils

It is impossible to get a few base mils without doing skills

Besides training nearly every skill can be done in way that makes substantial profit, I mean I am being a skiller now and I am getting fairly rich as I do it.

I mean there is 1 way to train crafting from 1 - 99 tht can make u in excess of 84mil

training fishing gives huge proftis as does wc, fletching, mining and such like

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

skilliest and then get money with skills, duh?

Must skill sdo not make you any money, in fact most you lose money. merchanting is better by far then skills when it comes to gp per hour. I would chose the money. rares countinue to go up in price and that only will make a ton of money a day. I could use some of the money to train skills up fast too.

pure ess... coal... but youll loos at fm etc...

runeminermb1.gif

^^ click my sig for my lesser ranging guide ^^

jwrm22: 4816th > 99 cooking 100% f2p !1172 total! + 140mil in items.

i dont play anymore... i think rs is ruined

No doubt: mercher. Standing 4 years in a mine, clicking over some rocks over and over again, or in seers picking flax, or cutting yews/magics, or at a dock waiting for a load of fish coming in, clicking over logs over and over again to fire them/cut them, going from the bank to the furnace/range/fire a thousand times to smelt/cook, isn't my idea of fun.

diosesgif11vg.gif

Pkmario

Porygon 64

Black Charlizard

I would probalby chose to become the richest in Rs, because you can always buy alot of good training items later. Than you can train up very fast by buying all raw materials, big bones and bars and so on...

I love money :twisted: .

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

I cant decide

I'm a real skiller so i wanna pick skilling

But i need money to get better stats + money is fun..

If u have money, ur like, look, a phat *Bought*

If ur poor, it takes hours to make money out your skills..

I must say money.. :)

ooh eeh ooh ahah, ting tang wallawallabingbang m8

In my opinion, the question is kinda skewed, since from my experience it's significantly faster to get money by merchanting and then spend the money on fast skilling than it is to just skill for no gain / loss and never merchant. I personally would choose the path of the merchant, though I'm not sure if I would end up keeping everything or spending it on skills.

My point is the best way IMO to progress down either path is by merchanting.

Blooblyblobl.gif

Legends quest completed at lvl 47 on X Legendre X

#3056 to 99 firemaking, achieved on July 4th, 2007.

Tied for #1854 to 99 farming, achieved on September 3rd, 2008.

Basically skills, but after your rich and all you could always go to working on buyable skills. If that's not a option, I would go for skills, I get jealous every now and then of the merchanters, but when I look at their skills, I see nothing. You cannot publically display your cash, you can lose it anytime as well, but skills remain forever and anyone can view them from the highscore list.

99 Fletch~~99 WC~~79/81 Fishing

87/94 Magic~~84 Range

Etha! Saradomin Forever~CW

CB: 107 Total: 1788+

ON BREAK