Tip.It Times Presents: Quests: the FIVE Different Types?

Kiara_Kat

Seems like everyone is jumping on the bandwagon to flame the author. To anyone else you wishes to drive the author out of town tarred and feathered, just stop. The point of tip.it is to build a friendly, helpful community, and making someone's self esteem lower is just...."not cool"... If you must comment negatively, do so with constructive criticism. :D

I thought mine was very constructive pointed out the lack of arguments etc behind his work and how it had potential to be more.

And pretty much everyone else who commented negatively has said simialr things in their first posts

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems like everyone is jumping on the bandwagon to flame the author. To anyone else you wishes to drive the author out of town tarred and feathered, just stop. The point of tip.it is to build a friendly, helpful community, and making someone's self esteem lower is just...."not cool"... If you must comment negatively, do so with constructive criticism. :D

In all fairness, there's no constructive criticism to be made really. The topic itself was bad so there's no way of improving it.

There was some constructive criticism to be made, actually. Have a look at my post, located at http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?p=3870200#3870200 ... I'm going to quote it below, for those who didn't notice. I'm only quoting the critical part here, but have a look anyway:

I will still look forward to a 'more meaty' article in the future from you, though, so DON'T give up. Learn from this article, and try again later, even if only to dive into the same subject matter with a better spin on things. Use more depth of detail when you're talking about a given piece of the article you're writing, even if you have to get a little stuck in one section for a few paragraphs. :wink:

'Nuff said.

~Mr. D. V. Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

You can please some of the people all of the time, and you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can't please all of the people all of the time.

I think this sums up the user reactions as well.

If anyone is going to blame Kiara for selecting this article, you can blame me as well. I read it, and thought it was a good one. Here's what I said at the time: "Love Caisadi's article: a fresh idea with some good concepts."

People who have never taken the risk of putting their ideas on paper and submitting them for publication really shouldn't be so quick to flame. It's just not nice. There is a real human being here who has shared his ideas and doesn't deserve the flamb̮̩̉̉ treatment.

In the meantime, users should ask themselves why the Tip.It Times Editor remains anonymous. Could it be because he/she doesn't want their inbox filled with petty remarks such as the ones posted here? Think about it.

Caisadi, I'm sorry some people were unable to appreciate your article. I enjoyed your point of view and the way you presented it. You are creative and I'd like to see more of your work.

gallery_28257_123_2330.jpggallery_28257_123_196.gif

it's a lot easier to get over yourself when you look at intelligence the same way you look at beauty, or height, or eye color: being smart is easy, but being good is hard ... being smart is handed to you, being good is handed to *nobody*.

Nice of you to try but all you said was essentially 'use more depth of detail next time' and nothing specific to this particular article.

Did you not realize that my advice could be applied to this article??? :|

You should be doing this emote #-o now.

@Pokemama: I wonder if Caisadi took notice of my intent of NOT being offensive? I'd personally like to see more from him even if this wasn't his best/worst/whatever, and I left some hints. Your thoughts? :-s

~Mr. Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

You can please some of the people all of the time, and you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can't please all of the people all of the time.

I think this sums up the user reactions as well.

If anyone is going to blame Kiara for selecting this article, you can blame me as well. I read it, and thought it was a good one. Here's what I said at the time: "Love Caisadi's article: a fresh idea with some good concepts."

People who have never taken the risk of putting their ideas on paper and submitting them for publication really shouldn't be so quick to flame. It's just not nice. There is a real human being here who has shared his ideas and doesn't deserve the flamb̮̩̉̉ treatment.

In the meantime, users should ask themselves why the Tip.It Times Editor remains anonymous. Could it be because he/she doesn't want their inbox filled with petty remarks such as the ones posted here? Think about it.

Caisadi, I'm sorry some people were unable to appreciate your article. I enjoyed your point of view and the way you presented it. You are creative and I'd like to see more of your work.

I'd like to see some more of his writing, he does seem to have unique ideas. Just think he needed to take it further, make more reasons for what he said rather than just stating give the article a bit more substance.

One of these days I am so gonna have to submit an article to tip.it times, just proves hard to find time to write extra things between my books and essays and other homeworks etc =/

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Youre right about your topic,my aim is now for all my skills to put them over 60.And making some profit on fletching.i am also quest addicted and i need to slay just the beasts in recipe for disaster only the mother and the culimancor i need to kill.and then i got it done.Vulvator

please next topic put in if the demon owned him me even at lvl 79-80 in 1k xp had some trouble well not damage trouble i mean in the guide u said mage douesent work but i maged it killed it took a while. when i fought it with wepons it hit well over 35 it one shot me hit 64. 65in 1k xp

but otherwize great again =D>

tipitsigydr3.pngfrogber.gif Helm = Looks like a rabbit type animal is humping the back of your head

A little thin, But I get where it's coming from.

For those who find it hard to see the point of Runescape, the challenge is whatever you care to make it.

Go PK if you like, or merchant your way to a PHAT (now that's a tougher quest than any Jagex set).

I was rather hoping for a "love puzzles / hate puzzles" examination, though - Ernest the chicken reminds me of the awful light switch puzzle in Crystal maze - pure trial and error.

I have to say, i find quests great fun - I quested since I was a low level, at level 39 I had done all f2p quests, so I became a member, by level 69 I had done reg and had round 140 qp. Currently im level 88 and have 210 qp, and am going to get it higher as soon as i can be bothered to do low level quests. I also agree with what you say about unofficial quests, I certainly take protecting the void knight as a quest.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzz.........

Wake me up in fally...

Caisadi, don't leave the Tip.It community over this.

The article wasn't the greatest read we've had, but a lot of people felt the same way about the one before that. So what. People read it, like it or not and move on. I understand you're disappointed, but can you not set those feelings aside and stick with Tip.It? I don't think I'm the only one who feels you'd be missed.

Kiara, your point hit home. I can see why you wouldn't want to reveal the names of the editors.

Kiara, your point hit home. I can see why you wouldn't want to reveal the names of the editors.

This latest article was not written by the Editor. Is was written by Caisadi.

Remember, the SEARCH button is your friend. Use it!

The discussion made me realize something. I'm the kind of person who get's embarassed really easily. So i could really feel into Caisadis reaction, still I didn't think the article wasn't embarrassing at all. True i have read articles i enjoyed more (for example the one from last week), but i appreciated the article nevertheless as a form of self expression. Main flaw from Caisadis point of view probably was, that he would have expressed himself differently now, then he did 10 weeks ago. Anyway my point is, that it is VERY likely that when you feel you embarresed yourself, others won't neccessarily feel the same way. Important lesson learned out of the whole issue.

This latest article was not written by the Editor. Is was written by Caisadi.

Yes, yes, I understood that. I do have a few brain cells.

What I meant was that the whole unsavoury discussion here makes me realise why it's better to have anonymous writers.

Wait a tick!, He/She's level 76! He/She said they were level 60! :-s

yes it's because Kiara waited awhile to post the article after it was written and sent in, read the other comments and you'll see what I'm talking about...

Byaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

newbankofrsyq0.gif