Tip.It Times Presents: Quests: the FIVE Different Types?

Kiara_Kat

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's just...... disappointing :roll:

I was expecting more: listing the real quest types:

Monster Fighting

Puzzling

A combination of those two

And a quest that's devided in several mini-quests, like RFD

It wasn't a good article, srry #-o

I hate to say it, but I'm going "thumbs down" on this one. About all this "Tip.It Times" did was 'scratch the surface' as well as leave too much for misinterpretation. I was looking forward to a lengthy and super-explanative article, and this just wasn't it. :?

Sorry to have to douse you with my opinion like someone dousing a person with a bucket of water, Caisadi, but this is simply how I feel on the matter. I will still look forward to a 'more meaty' article in the future from you, though, so DON'T give up. Learn from this article, and try again later, even if only to dive into the same subject matter with a better spin on things. Use more depth of detail when you're talking about a given piece of the article you're writing, even if you have to get a little stuck in one section for a few paragraphs. :wink:

~Mr. D. V. Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

I read this article as I usually do each week since the start of the Tip.It times, even though it was my own. I also thought it was a huge let-down... I mean, I did abysmally writing it ten weeks ago, I agree, and I missed several types of quest. Indeed, it's short, too short, it looked a lot bigger in MS Word, I must say. Yes, it stinks, yes, it's pointless, but I was bored at the time and, with all due respects, I didn't think Kiara_Kat would really publish it.

And i'm also slightly annoyed at the Tip.It Times team because of another reason; 61 combat?! Rubbish! I'm 73 combat with 1025 total! I thought they might at least update it with my current statistics... Ugh, if Kiara Kat wanted to make me happy, she should have published it nearer the 12th September when I wrote it! I mean, ten weeks is too much... I'd be happier if you replaced it rather than posting it now for goodness sake...

Ugh... I'm ashamed with myself, i'm ashamed with Kiara Kat, i'm ashamed with The Editor, i'm ashamed with Tip.It, and I think i'm pretty much done with this community. Might as well not read it, it's not at all a good article. Thanks, Kiara...

=;

tipitsignatureuq0.gif

I read this article as I usually do each week since the start of the Tip.It times, even though it was my own. I also thought it was a huge let-down... I mean, I did abysmally writing it ten weeks ago, I agree, and I missed several types of quest. Indeed, it's short, too short, it looked a lot bigger in MS Word, I must say. Yes, it stinks, yes, it's pointless, but I was bored at the time and, with all due respects, I didn't think Kiara_Kat would really publish it.

And i'm also slightly annoyed at the Tip.It Times team because of another reason; 61 combat?! Rubbish! I'm 73 combat with 1025 total! I thought they might at least update it with my current statistics... Ugh, if Kiara Kat wanted to make me happy, she should have published it nearer the 12th September when I wrote it! I mean, ten weeks is too much... I'd be happier if you replaced it rather than posting it now for goodness sake...

Ugh... I'm ashamed with myself, i'm ashamed with Kiara Kat, i'm ashamed with The Editor, i'm ashamed with Tip.It, and I think i'm pretty much done with this community. Might as well not read it, it's not at all a good article. Thanks, Kiara...

=;

I'm sorry, but you should have contacted me sooner if you wanted to withdraw your article. I'm sure you understand, decisions on guest articles need to be made quickly, and we don't have the time to get "permission" to publish an article that's already been submitted for publication. Once you submit an article, permission is to publish implied. It has to be - for what other reason would someone submit an article, if not for publication?

We also reserve the right to publish a submitted guest article when we see fit. The only time we try to get one out sooner is when the topic is truly time-sensitive, or we've asked a writer to write one for us, that kind of thing. You can't expect us to drop everything and change all our plans and publish a user's article right after they submit it, can you? We receive dozens of articles each month, and we can't publish all of them, nor would we want to.

Bottom line is, if you didn't want your article published, you should have PM'd me as soon as you changed your mind. Waiting until we publish your article and then complaining about it when some users say they don't like it and then blaming ME is kind of a cop-out, IMO. And BTW, it's not our responsibility to check to make sure your stats haven't changed. Couldn't you have simply let us know that your stats had been changed?

We're sorry you changed your mind about having your piece appear in the Times, but it's too late now. I will not remove the article because you're having second thoughts after reading users' comments. No. And one last thing - I don't think your article stinks. If I did, I wouldn't have published it.

Remember, the SEARCH button is your friend. Use it!

Oh, piss off everyone, you all stink. Kiara, if you hadn't been such an idiot and waited ten weeks, damage wouldn't have been done. Yes, I am blaming you, yes I do think you're a lousy Admin. I thought you'd forgotten about my article, so I didn't bother telling you I didn't want it published. And what chance did I have to ask you to change my stats? You'd already published it!

Now, two orders (NOT requests, ORDERS - if you can't do what I say quite reasonably here, then i'll get copyright involved):

1 - I want you to put the text in both the news post, the archives and the article as "Anonymous", NOT "Caisadi", just put it as "Anonymous".

2 - I want you to ban my account from these forums. Make the ban permanent. I don't want anything to do with this stupid community.

tipitsignatureuq0.gif

Jeeze you are some what stupid

Tip.it submissions rules etc cover everything and unless u had the article under your own copyright and HAD NOT submitted it urself to tip.it there is nothing wrong with copyright things here.

And it is in no way Kiara's fault, sure I've had run ins with her in the past where I thought she was being stupid etc, but shes a great admin and fully deserves the roll and now with heinsight I can see half the stuff I thought she was stupid for was me having bad wording of what I said and such like.

You submitted the article, just because don;t like it doesn't make it Kiara's fault

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Oh, piss off everyone, you all stink. Kiara, if you hadn't been such an idiot and waited ten weeks, damage wouldn't have been done. Yes, I am blaming you, yes I do think you're a lousy Admin. I thought you'd forgotten about my article, so I didn't bother telling you I didn't want it published. And what chance did I have to ask you to change my stats? You'd already published it!

Now, two orders (NOT requests, ORDERS - if you can't do what I say quite reasonably here, then i'll get copyright involved):

1 - I want you to put the text in both the news post, the archives and the article as "Anonymous", NOT "Caisadi", just put it as "Anonymous".

2 - I want you to ban my account from these forums. Make the ban permanent. I don't want anything to do with this stupid community.

All i can say is good luck. The last time Kiara-Kat changed anything in the tip.it times was When Andrew Gower threaten to file lawsuits aginist tip.it for the biased banning article. BTW in my opinion ur acting like a child. U aren't even taking responsibility for ur own actions.

U Submitted the article its UR falt it got published

P.S. i actually liked the article.

jiahui12180.png

That's enough. Stop flaming the author, he's just upset that I didn't publish his article the second I received it. Having said this, though, Caisadi, your last diatribe is NOT acceptable, it was totally uncalled for, and there will be consequences. I do not take orders from you. And I've already addressed removing your article - I will do no such thing.

If this dicussion moves any further off topic, or if the flaming continues, the topic will be locked. Constructive criticism is acceptable, pointless flaming and insults are NOT.

And about your copyright threat - good luck with that. You might want to read this disclaimer on our About page:

As stated in the footer of every page on our website, Rune Tips reserves all rights and reproducing or copying any of our material is strictly not allowed. Please do not contact us asking to use our content on your site and giving credit to Tip.It, our content is for our site only and we will enforce our copyright policy to the word. We also operate a Privacy policy to protect our users. View it here.

Information submitted for publication on this website, either via the site or our forums, becomes the property of Rune Tips, and will be used as seen fit. When any contribution is submitted for publication on this website, whether it be text, graphics, or illustrations, you consent to the transfer and assignation of copyright of the submission to Rune Tips.

Remember, the SEARCH button is your friend. Use it!

jee how old are yoU???? anyway i think the article was to short and did not really explain much about types of quest. like puzzles and monsters. i usually look forward to the tipit times. this topic should be locked but has that ever even happend before? a tipit times thing being locked...

StarViv.png

Kiara_Kat I can understand your disinclination to remove the article but it would probably actually be for the best. Usually by this point this thread would be a 14 page long thread full of kudos and the like. This time, however, it's only 2 pages long and half of it is of a 'thumbs down' sentiment.

Not that I'm trying to push my opinipn onto you, but if I were you I'd admit that I had published a bad article and replace it with a better one.

tifsbti6oi.gif

Wow... you seriously need to chill out.

Judging from your attitude, I doubt you have any idea what kind of responsibilities Kiara has. She is the Tip.It crew leader, which means it is her job to post all updates after the crew submits drafts to her, which trust me, there are many. Every new update, every change in a guide, goes through her. With almost weekly updates, and the short-staffed crew, this is pretty time consuming.

On top of all that, she is responsible for posting the weekly Tip.It Times, and serves as liaison to The Editor. She gets tons of Tip.It Times article submissions and surely has to read through hundreds of crap articles in order to weed out a worthwhile one, which she obviously thought yours was.

You should be thankful that she took the time to consider your article, and squeezed it in now opposed to never putting it up at all. If you don't want people to criticize you, then don't post information about yourself. If anything, show them you're wrong, but don't go posting in here like a rampant fool.

~~~

Kiara, you're doing a great job, don't let this nonsense get to you.

tipitcrewex8.jpg

Proud to have gotten 1800 skill total before access to fishing guild

Why make a house when you can rob one?

=;

the only thing that "stinks" is ur topic and writing techniques, don't start moaning about an amazing team like tip.it just because ur article was dreadfully boring, and saying the should have updated ur stats is a pointless excuse, u wrote it at the time of ur poor stats, (which i believe i speak on behalf of a lot of people) therefore changing ur stats would mean re-writing ur gibberish... and too be honest i would rather not read through another thing u have produced

Quit insulting and blaming the legendary tip.it team for ur shameful piece!! Bring back The Editor and Duke Freedom

i love ur work Duke =D>

I found this article pretty poor, there was a grammatical error when he says that when you are in cw, you're really on a quests... and it was too short and not exciting...I'm sorry but it was just a players expanded meaning of the word quest...that's it... oh yeah, and nice job making a HUGE fool out of yourself...hahahahaha

Byaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

newbankofrsyq0.gif

=;

I found ur article good, not the best but good, u shudnt make me change my mind with attitude and paranoia. Not everyone doesn't like your article, their is always a mix of opinion.

img.cfm?img=41871

Yeah...Some people just go out of their way to ruin other peoples fun.
Sounds like Jagex to me...

Seems like everyone is jumping on the bandwagon to flame the author. To anyone else you wishes to drive the author out of town tarred and feathered, just stop. The point of tip.it is to build a friendly, helpful community, and making someone's self esteem lower is just...."not cool"... If you must comment negatively, do so with constructive criticism. :D

Kiss my axe.