Ugafan's Mid Level(85-100) Barrows Guide!

ugafan_2009

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a great suggestion, adding a table of how much each barrow items go for, seems easier then nick picking through the price guide. I just think it would be a great addition, just got a Guthan Helm yesterday and not sure how much it goes for. Just a thought, its your guide and just curious if you liked my proposal.

EDIT* Here are a few things, Guthan Helm goes for 1,900,000 to 2,100,000. Its just a thought..

The prices really change more than I would update it, it would be effort on my part and then some unhappy campers if I misled them on the price.

Quit RS, combat 104, total 1651

ugafan2009.png

• 2 weeks later...

I thought Recipe for disaster gloves were better? otherwise, very well written guide. :D
I'm sure they are...I just haven't done that quest yet. :P

Black RFD Gloves Have +3 magic attack/defense and +5 to everything else except prayer, and only cost 1.3K a piece.

Other gloves would be even better as they have higher bonuses.

Riqualyn.png

When getting Kharil in a tunnel is it worth it to just skip him? (ie. make a run for the chest, open+searching then leaving?).

Without Protect from range he does do a lot of damage, so you end up either using prayer pots + food (which could possibly mean no more runs that trip). By skipping him you still do 5/6 brothers, and leave yourself with plenty of prayer pot doses and food for another full run. I was planning on doing this and it actually sortof worked out nicely, got Torag's Helm and Verac's Plateskirt so since luck usually has it out for me I just teleported out so didn't get to actually do a second run, but had only used about 1/3 of my food at that point.

Riqualyn.png

How much food do you eat during this? I now can go through without any prayer pots but I use up food like none other.
I would say maybe 6-8 monks. I've gone through eating two but have also tele'd out(usually Karil tunnel) a few times.

Also I recommend fighting Karil, IF POSSIBLE. If you have over 8 monks, I suggest trying it. Really up to you. Another strategy I have heard is to take a dds, spec 4 times, and hide behind chest and let poison kill him off. Yes, it would take longer, but seems more efficient. Don't get discouraged though, I seem to get better drops on Karils tunnels. :thumbsup:

ugafan2009.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Hey, nice guide - look at my sig, I've been thinking about barrows for a while, I'm getting slayer to 55 and defence to 70.

jenkees2.gif

jenkees2.gif

You'll do fine, just make sure you get those levels.

I have now received full ahrims from the chest. Got a staff today. \'

ugafan2009.png

Nice guide, I might actually use it when I get around to making minds and buying deaths. For Dharok, the safespot corner that gets him stuck is also a possibility. When I was level 79 and went barrowsing I used that for Dharok and Verac.

R.I.P The Old Nite. Heroes get remembered. But Legends never die. You were truly a Runescape Legend

newbankofrsyq0.gif

Hey, I have one question about barrows. When your in the crypts/tunnels, how does your prayer drain? It drains as it normally would for doing protect from melee/magic/range, but when the face appears, by how much does it drain your prayer?

Also, will I still hit against the melee brithers well with slayer dart, at 57 mage and in rune plate and legs?

Thanks very much! :thumbsup:

sig-3.jpg

jenkees2.png

jenkees2.png

Hey, nice guide - look at my sig, I've been thinking about barrows for a while, I'm getting slayer to 55 and defence to 70.

jenkees2.gif

jenkees2.gif

you could do it but i wouldnt recommend it. First deffinately get 70 def, 60+ mage and range, and prefferably 55+ prayer. At this point you should manage fine with fire blast or bolt and make a good profit

on a side note good job at keepin the guide up uga, my little barrows compadre, VERACING FTW!!!

lost rights to my dark red text >:(

afflictionbanner2jf6.png

12/20/06 - QUEST CAPE OF ACHIEVEMENT

Barrows sets: guthan, verac, dharok, maybe ahrim eventually <- lost to a hacker whole stole everything of worth from my bank

Hey, I got fed up of training and just decided to go for it. I've done 3 trips, using 3 - 4 ppots each. Here are my screenies!!

Verac Plateskirt on my first go!:

barrows%20trip%201.jpg

Second Trip:

barows%20trip%202.jpg

Third Trip:

barrows%20trip%203.jpg

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Thank You!!

sig-3.jpg

jenkees2.png

jenkees2.png

Prayer Pots. You want to be in and out the crypts as quick as possible, especially for dh, as you have to use prayer. It may be easy to kill him with your mage attack in the minuses, but the bigger the mage bonus, the quicker the kill.

Also: You don't need to worry about the extra defence from d'hide. With prayer I guarrante he will never hit.

Hope that helps \'

sig-3.jpg

jenkees2.png

jenkees2.png