Ugafan's Mid Level(85-100) Barrows Guide!

ugafan_2009

Introduction: Hello and welcome to my barrows guide! This is meant for medium level barrowers(level 85-100.) IÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢m really making this for one huge reasonÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâæalmost every time I go to barrows, I see people higher than me praying on every brother. This is just a waste of prayer potions. Barrows can be a very good money maker. Without further ado, I present my guide!

Note: This is not for the first time barrower. I will not be including how to get there, what it is, the rewards, etc. Please look at tip itÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s guide for this.

Section One: Requirements

Required:

50 mage

50 range

55 slayer

65 defense

43 prayer

50 construction with an alter and Kahryll portal

Reccomended:

60+ range

70+ defense

50+ prayer

Completion of In Aid of the Myreque quest

Section Two: Inventory

I did horribly on my first few barrow runs. I died but luckily a soon to be friend gave me my stuff back. He gave me the best barrows advice anyone has given me. He told me I canÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t do barrows without good stuff. Turns out, he was right. I wouldnÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t suggest trying with anything worse than I posted.

What to wield:

wieldoa2.png

Farseer helmet

God Cape

Glory Ammy

Rune Arrows

Slayer Staff

Mystic top

Zammy book

Mystic bottom

Mystic gloves

Mystic boots

Ring of Life

*Note: May substitute mystic robes for Ahrim robes, if would like to spend more money, but have a much better mage bonus.

Inventory:

invenwq6.png

Death and Mind Runes-Required for slayer dart

Torags Top and Bottom-Good melee defense

Red DÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢hide Top and Bottom-Good mage defense and range attack

Magic shortbow- Your range weapon

Whip-Good for getting kill count up

House teletab- One click tele just in case, also can be used to pray and kahyll tele

Spade- YouÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢re not gonna get very far without it

Prayer potion(4)-You will usually use 1-2 doses a run. Always good to carry a dose or two extra. ItÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s very possible not to use one.

Monkfish- Cheap, and heals a good amount. They work perfect for me.

*Notes:

Torags can be substituted with rune, if you canÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t afford or wield.

Red dÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢hide can be substituted with blue hide, black hide, or Karils

Whip can be subbed with a dragon scimmy or long

Monkfish can be substituted with lobs, swords, or sharks.

Section 3: The routine

Ok, so youÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ve arrived at barrows, hopefully by the shortcut. My personal favorite order is dharok, karil, ahirm, verac, torag, and finally guthan.

Dharok- Ahh, the first brother on your list. One word of advice, DONÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢T RUN OUT OF PRAYER!!!!!! This guy can hit 58ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s on you. ThatÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s not good. Many people lose millions to this guy. DonÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t let it be you. Since heÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s first, you should have full prayer. Turn protect from melee on, put autocast to slayer dart, and simply mage till dead. Piece of cake. ;) (If tunnel, go to Karil.)

Karil- Another toughie, without prayer of course. Dig on his mould, then turn on protect from range and mage with slayer dart. If your prayer gets to under 15, and heÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s not almost dead, drink a dose of prayer potion. He will hit constant 15+s on you and really drain your monkfish. (If tunnel, simply go to Ahrim.)

Ahrim- The third brother on your hit list. He can hit high with his fire wave. Put on your ranging gear and equip your bow. Turn attack style to rapid. If you have any prayer left over, put magic protect on and attack. DonÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t drink another dose if Karil got your prayer to 0. Range him until he is dead and pick up your arrows. (If tunnel, move to Verac)

Verac- He is the most irritating brother you will fight. He hits high and fairly constant. He can be taken out without prayer though. Put on your Torags armor and your slayer staff. DonÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t worry, you will still own with slayer dart wearing armor. Mage until till he is dead. Make sure you keep your HP fairly high. YouÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢re not gonna be called a noob for safing here.(If tunnel, move to Torag.)

If he is giving you trouble run after run, I recommend saving him for the tunnels and using a safespot.

Torag- Ok, last two are easy. Leave your Torags on and mage him till he is dead. Eat when needed. I often go without him hitting me. (If tunnel, move on to Guthan.)

Guthan- In my opinion the easiest brother. His healing can be annoying at times, but he will hardly ever hit you. Leave on your armor and mage until he is dead.

Section 4: Tunnels

This is the end of every barrow run. You will fight the sixth brother, then collect your reward and tele. Here are tunnel strategies for every brother.

Dharok: Unless you want to waste a prayer pot, you MUST find a safespot. This guy is dangerous, remember? Recommended safespots are the rocks in the side tunnels, the rocks in the northeast tunnel room, and the ladder spots in the other corners.(Note: Even if there isnÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t a ladder, the spot where it should be will still act as a safespot.) Keep opening doors until you can get him in a possible safespot.

Pic from tip.it :D

barrows_safespots.PNG

Karil: The worst tunnel you can get. :( It is always bad news to have this guy. You really have two options. One is to just suck it up and waste some valuable pray pot doses. Another is to try to handle without. Simply use your torgag armor and mage him. You will eat a lot of food doing this, so choose number one unless you have a lot of food left. Obviously, no safespot will work for him.

Ahrim: Fight exactly like you would normally. Put on range armor and range till death. He can do a lot of damage, so watch out. No safespot will work.

Verac: I recommend use of a safespot. This will save you food. If you have a decent amount of food left, go ahead and and fight without a safespot.

Torag and Guthan: IÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢m putting these together because I donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t feel like writing the same thing twice. Simply use armor and mage. You can use a safespot if youÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢re really low on food, but going without one works fine.

Kill count: This does help your reward from chest. I recommend getting 15 or more. DonÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t go overboard and get like 30 or more, but get at least 10. It will help out your chances for an item, as well as number of runes and bolt racks.

Chest: Find the door, solve the puzzle, and claim your reward! Hopefully you got something good. If not, thereÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s always next time! I recommend teleing with your glory and banking, and then getting tele house runes. Or you could simply use a house tele tab. Pray, use a Kahyll portal, and then go back for another run.

You should always make a profit doing this. Whether itÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s 30k in runes and bolt racks, or a 5 million Guthan Spear is totally luck. Hope you enjoyed this guide and good luck barrowing.

Note: I will post more pictures later.

Please leave honest feedback, whether it is good or bad. Thanks for reading!

My Barrow Drops

Ahrim Top(4)

Ahrim Hood

Ahrim Skirt(3)

Ahrim Staff

Karil Skirt(2)

Karil Coif

Karil X-bow

Guthan Skirt(3)

Guthan Spear(2)

Guthan Plate(2)

Guthan Helmet(3)

Dharok Helmet

Dharok Plate

Dharok Legs

Verac Skirt

Verac Helmet(2)

Torag Helmet(2)

D med(2)

Now had 2 different brothers sets, and 17/24 of the barrow pieces.

I guess a small goal is to get them all, but that will probably never happen.

Quit RS, combat 104, total 1651

ugafan2009.png

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome guide Ugafan!!!!

I remember us chatting about seeing high lvls wasting p pots..

even though this is not rate this, 25\10 \'

~Saruman44

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

I'm gonna return the compliment here - Great guide!

Now I don't need 3 P pots a trip :P

Also you may want to check your spelling of Veracs and Torags at 2 points, but apart from that maybe add in the option to use Guthans for kill count?

Proud owner of a...

If you have Potato Seeds PM me!

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=538054&start=0

^^ Check out my Farming guide levels 1-60! ^^

nice, but its Verac, not versac lol, also, you could just ware armour for all of them any pray when needed to save space.

Owned_Nex.png

Dungeoneering isn't a skill.

I'm faster than bots at Sorceress Garden.

PM me if you want to chat. My PM is always off.

My keyboard is on fire. Want some?

You list maging, but you left out my method of veracing. It may be a little slower but i like that all of the runes are profit. It works fairly well for me. Another problem is that you say full mystic but using only one prayer pot. How often do you accurately hit with torags on?

slayer9434.png

Barrows: guthan warspear, ahrim hood, torag platebody, karil's crossbow x3, Dharoks greataxe, Dharoks Helm.

Max Quest points

"Never let your morals prevent you from doing what is right" Asimov

You list maging, but you left out my method of veracing. It may be a little slower but i like that all of the runes are profit. It works fairly well for me. Another problem is that you say full mystic but using only one prayer pot. How often do you accurately hit with torags on?
You actually hit fairly often. Try it sometime ::'

Meh, I'll fix spelling later.

ugafan2009.png

with 70+ mage u can hit all the bros in full rune or barrows as often as in mage robes

great guide btw from a fellow barrower :thumbsup:

lost rights to my dark red text >:(

afflictionbanner2jf6.png

12/20/06 - QUEST CAPE OF ACHIEVEMENT

Barrows sets: guthan, verac, dharok, maybe ahrim eventually <- lost to a hacker whole stole everything of worth from my bank

good guide but with my 65 mage i never use over 80 fire blasts wearing a guthix book ghostly and barrows gloves and god cape and glory.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

Inventory:

invenwq6.png

Red DÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢hide Top and Bottom-Good mage defense and mage attack

I hate posting but just had to say...don't you mean "Range attack?" :shame:

my first pk i got a addy mace... and i still posted it, why? Because I was proud..

Inventory:

invenwq6.png

Red DÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢hide Top and Bottom-Good mage defense and mage attack

I hate posting but just had to say...don't you mean "Range attack?" :shame:

Hehe.....thanks. #-o

ugafan2009.png

Wow....I got an 11m death pile today. Didn't see the person die or come to canifis saying "OMG I died!!!!", so I kept. I now have a green h'ween mask.

Loot:

Guthan spear 0

Guthan helmet 0

Bezerker ring

Abby Whip

Rune Boots

1k bloods

10k airs

Lava staff

:shock: :shock: :shock:

I just saw a red dot, right clicked and saw abbysal whip....kept goin through and saw everything else.

ugafan2009.png

With the following stats, how many doses should I use? I ordinarily use 5 (4) dose pots per trip, and make very little money. Any tips?

EDIT: why post my stats when I have a stat sig... Stupid me...

pissant22.png

7 months ago, shoulen m0nk lured me for everything. If you know anything about him, pm me.

lol that was a good story but his eyesight must be poor... it's a well known fact that mods only drop garages on players. :lol:

With the following stats, how many doses should I use? I ordinarily use 5 (4) dose pots per trip, and make very little money. Any tips?

EDIT: why post my stats when I have a stat sig... Stupid me...

You're stats are better than mine...and I rarely use more than 1 dose a run. I would say 0-1, 2 at the most.

ugafan2009.png

Is this ok?

full ahrims with staff \' \' \'

rune pl8 and legs

whip

4 p pots

spade

rest is all swordies

Yes...as long as the staff is a slayer one. And I would only take 2 pots(you should use less than one, but it's always nice to have extra.

ugafan2009.png