Hunter Leveling Guide - Still Under Construction

elucin8er

aweosme guide man i hate ppl that say hunter sucks they just dont know how 2 do it i got 44 hunter within 2 days of it coming out

Since you can level fast, that makes it a good skill? :-k

But anyway, I'm planning on using this guide to 66, hope it doesn't go too slow! :)

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A good guide to levelling Hunter fast, although it doesn't let you see some of the other features in it. None the less, a good start to show people a fast way to level

Off topic: 100th post, yey.

Follow me on Twitter!

FORGET NOT THE CHICKEN.

gravy.png

I have no intrest in helping "keyers" farm xp.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Josh21657

Very Nice Guide!

I wish I would have found this before I got 66 hunter... :wall:

I personally did Tropical Wagtails until level 43 hunter, then kebbits all the way to 65, then I discovered red salamanders a bit too late. The birds were fairly good xp in my opinion. Great Guide Again!

Im doing the swamp lizards right now, decided to start at 29 and I've gotten 6 levels in nearly 15minutes. Which to me isnt bad. ALthought I've gotten old man randoms 7 times todat while doing hunter ... ;Q

I think this guide needs a bit of an update, adding in some of the posted facts about the speed of falconry, and the side benefits of Chinchompas.

Chinchompas get you XP and can make you lots of dough or aid your range training.

After spending several million on Red Chinchompas, I realized that those things will be getting me to 99 Range.

I then realized, I need to start catching me own Chinchompas. Save a fortune that way.

Yeah, I've seen people using Red Chinchompas in PC and they definately are the other reason for me wanting to raise Hunter, since my ranged sucks :(

Always Rollin' in RSC

Do you love Harry Potter ?

sdik 3 evah yeht ,ynnig seirram yrrah

isnt as fast as chichompas... not a good guide too despite nice pictures!

also, lizards are only good to the level where you have 4 traps, then it is chinchompas all the way!

pre2asoldierofthekingce8.png

I'll show you how terrifying a true Christian can be!

It's Xewleer: ZEW le ar, got it memorized?

Hermit of the Varrock Library and its proud guard.

im 43 hunter and have been using this guide since lvl 1, maybe update it and add pictures for each thing, and tell us what stuff to bring

RSN: 1 day late | Private chat: On

| 60 ATTACK | 81 STRENGTH | 72 HITPOINTS |

| 80 MAGIC | 13 PRAYER | 1 DEFENSE | 65 COMBAT |

isnt as fast as chichompas... not a good guide too despite nice pictures!

also, lizards are only good to the level where you have 4 traps, then it is chinchompas all the way!

Here's my take on red chinchompas:

80 hunter: 60k/hr

81 hunter: 65k/hr

86 hunter: 72k/hr

And red salamanders:

75 hunter: 74k/hr

86 hunter: 76k/hr

After a while, hunting red salamanders wasn't any faster for me.

I got 72 hunter in the first three days of it being released, lol. I pretty much tried all the different ways of training, but I found dashing kebbits to be the fastest exp, mainly because they give a good amount of exp, and are fast and easy to catch (just left click them). I don't know about now, but when I trained hunter, I was usually the only one there catching them. I trained red lizards for awhile, up until I could catch red chinchompas. For those who want to train hunter while making money at the same time, should try catching red chinchompas. From what I know, they are currently selling for 300gp each? That is 300gp a catch, and they are also good exp themselves, but not as good as falconry.

Nice guide.

When i started hunting on my own i tried ferrets and rabbits, but they were actually miserable xp.

Then i followed your (easy, comprehensible) Guide, and went to lizards. And i must admit, they are grat!

At lvl 40 i'm getting about 36k an hour, if i stay focused of course. I guess thats not bad. I will stay here till lvl 47. No falconry for me, it seems this is better anyway.

• 3 weeks later...

instead of going to the feldip hills at lvl 9, they should just stay at the snow region until 15, and at lvl 11 put up a bird trap, and tack at the same time. thats what i did, a little annoying when ur on the other side ofthe map. but people usually have enough courtesy not to take it if it falls and you don't know in time.

At even 68 hunter, red chinchompas are just as fast of experience as red salamanders, AND they are stackable, and useful for range. This means no dropping miscellaneous items, or spending a while running from net trap to net trap. My friend (who recently got 99 hunter) said that red chinchompas are THE fastest experience starting at around 75-80.

9/10

barrowsmdharok,marche220.gif

marche220.gif

A good guide in general, but my friend has been bugging me, saying Chinchompas' are THE fastest. I certainly agreed with her, because... well she's 100+ CB. Why, on bigmouthhero, I don't exactly have the level needed for Chinchompa's, but through my time with her, I figured that Chinchompa's are the way to go. Like anantipure said, Chinchompa's are stackable, while Red Salamanders', or any salamander, are not.

8/10.

Signature.jpg

Pizza.jpg<---Clicky clicky for pizza guide!

• 3 weeks later...

Don't ever smoke your traps, it's totally useless and a total waste of time since the differentio between smoked and non-smoked traps is marginal.

Remove the red sal from your guide, it's a terrible idea, it'll mean you'll eventually get 99 hunter with empty hands as there is nothing at all worthwhile you'll be able to do with those worthless critters (and I'm pretty much guessing you keep releasing them anyway).

Red chins, the jury is out, they are the very best hunting option, slow to trap (but still worth catching) under level 80, one has to go with them till 99 hunting and either get a heap of money selling them or a heap of range experience using them (and no, I'm not even talking about using PC with them, there is an even better area to use them with).

So the best tip I could give you is to rewrite your guide.

P.S

It doesn't mean that, because someone got their 99 it is the way to go. I'm quite sure that, many people who took part in the initial race which "darkforest67" won in 10 days, are bitting their nails now because they didn't opt for the red chins and probably wish they would have waited more before starting their own race till 99.