Hunter Leveling Guide - Still Under Construction

elucin8er

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good guide, I'd suggest always carrying a few extra traps of whatever you are using. I've been getting lots of mimes (4 since hunter released) and evil bob balloon prisons (about 6). Each time I've lost traps despite doing the random as quickly as possible.

I prefer normal Chinchompas due to the fact they're stackable (I hate having to release the lizards), and no one seems to be at those spots. I used to smoke the traps until I extinguished the torch, but xp seems to be similar without it.

And about random events, 2 mazes in one day !

So unfair...

I now carry 12/16 traps with me (4 at a time rocks !).

Currently playing on War of Legends (Royal Gardens)

i got to lvl 48 in the first three days! managed that by doing red birds til lvl 3, then the next bird i think, nd so on until lvl 15. i did the kebit tracking in woods at one point, but then left. to get to butterflys b4 lvl 15, the sno birds took forever while my frend was catching birds like rain drops in a storm. then i went to buterflys nd lvld like crazy cuz i got good agil to recharg energy fast. at 20 i rushd to jungle birds nd started catching thos like crazy til lvl 37. finaly i got bored of them nd went to green salas til lvl 45, wer i decided i was bored agin(also hated stealing trap spots nd geting em stolent from me), cuz they wer too slo, then i left that for falconing /orange salas til lvl 50. switching bak nd forth, now i duno wat to do cuz orange salas dont come to me much without bait unles its the southernmost trap. maybe ill go nd get me some bait now that i realized u actualy get 15 bait per herb. at first i thot it was only 1 bait for every 15 tars u use on a herb lol o wel i first wana c if i can get som cash from baros first, cuz i hav som xmas prezys to get to.

EDIT: btw, i did much of this in ther erly days, i noticed that falconing is also kinda crowded now, so u mite hav to do other stuf such as tracking to get lvls now since everywers so crowded.(or somthing that doesnt depend on how fast u take a trap or somthing)

Yah, but don't you need guam tar for each lizard you catch?

Nope

Why does it keep saying that my traps aren't baited when I re-set them after catching a lizard? Makes sense that the lizard would eat the guam tar or something...Alls I know is that I only brought 30 and I'm running out :-k

Well, I'm 53 going for 59 according to your guide (I tried chinchompas like some people said but after about 15mins I realised that orange salamanders were faster) over all your guide looks the best, good work. :thumbsup:

dragonforce-1.jpg

Good guide took me from lvl 1 to my current lvl of 60, saved me alot of time thanks a bunch.

98% Of teenagers surround their minds with rap music, if you're part of the 2% that stayed with rock, put this in your signature, ROCK IS BETTER

Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Smashing Pumpkins, Audio Slave and Soundgarden ftw

• 2 weeks later...

Good guide. 8/10

When you get to 80 Carnivorous Chinchompas are a good thing to alternate to so hunting doesn't get extremely boring. They give about the same xp per hour though.

So yeah, you get what i'm saying :)

The_Followe1.jpg

Aspiring 99 Hunter

Thanks for the guide. It got me started and I can now saftly say that I am at lvl 4! Anyway ive just started and finally (thanks to this guide) worked out where to start...Wow I really am dumb!

.sigs these of many too read have you backwards this read you If

CapeAnimation.gif

Finding cool stuff = advertising.

would it be possible for you to explain..

why red sallys are the best\fastest hunter XP.

sorry , i just dont understand how they could be fast

dont you need a bunch of swamp tar and stuff..

if its to much to ask , just ignore this post ::'

bucksig2lt0.png

1103'rd to 99 crafting

830th to 99 herblore

~!~ Master Merchant ~!~

You don't need swamp tar or anything to catch them. You don't actually need the bait to catch anything.

Also I'd like to add chinchompas have been the best for me right off the bat. Currently 86 hunting and have used chinchompas basically since 53 (switching to red ones at 69). Also sell for 200+ea, which adds up after you catch 1000s of them.

Deniedaxcess.png

I think this guide needs a bit of an update, adding in some of the posted facts about the speed of falconry, and the side benefits of Chinchompas.

Chinchompas get you XP and can make you lots of dough or aid your range training.

After spending several million on Red Chinchompas, I realized that those things will be getting me to 99 Range.

I then realized, I need to start catching me own Chinchompas. Save a fortune that way.