Hunter Leveling Guide - Still Under Construction

elucin8er

Now I've seen over 100 posts of people giving up on hunter because "it's too slow, it's boring etc etc." 99% of these people start up with "the bird takes too long to ...." You can stop right there, there is your flaw. How did all these people get over lvl 40 in the first few hours of beginning the skill? Here's a short leveling guide on HOW.

1. Levels 1-9 - Snow tracking location:

Head north east from Relleka and track until lvl 9, or until you get bored. If you complain about this, just remember how you had to train at the first agility course until lvl 35 agility. Hunter comes in at the perfect moment to begin a new location. If you like, you can track here until lvl 15, but it may take a little while.

2. Levels 9 - 15 - Jungle tracking:

Furthest south of fieldtip hills, where the screen turns black. Same tracking principle, just with vines bushes and holes. Do this until lvl 15, or maybe a little over if you're enjoying it.

3. Levels 15 - 23 - Butterfly catching:

Already, at lvl 15, the skill changes. Compare this to cooking, fishing, agility etc, where you merely change locations to do the same thing. Hunter avoids this, and immidiently switches to something new. Catch butterflies north west of the gnome stronghold. They won't appear on your mini map, so you'll have to keep your eyes peeled and your reflexes sharp to catch these little red critters. Decent xp, and enough to keep you going until level 23.

4. Levels 23 - 29 - Kebbit Trapping + Butterfly Catching:

Now, we move onto the waiting traps, while still catching butterflies in the same location. Bring a hatchet with you to cut the nearby trees to use to prop up the boulders while you continue catching butterflies. This is decent xp, and should get you to 31 with no troubles. You have a choice to switch to net trapping at lvl 29 to catch lizards southeast of canafis, although I'd advise against it as it's merely 2 more levels to switch onto ...

5. Levels 29 - 43 - Lizards:

huntinglocationlizardsis2.png

Set up two traps in mortania, and continue checking, releasing and repeating until lvl 43. At level 40 you can set up 3 traps, making xp go even faster! If you're in need of the jungle camo set head over to the jungle andand setup some pitfall traps at lvl 31. I'd suggest sticking to lizards if it's xp you're after.

6. Levels 43 - 46 - Falcon Use:

huntinglocationfalconuc1.png

Head back to the woodlands now for a change of pace and scenery. This is a good break from constant trap placement, and it's quite decent xp. Buy your falcon for 500gp, hang out with some friends and catch some spoted kibits. If this isn't your style, just stick to Lizards until lvl 47 :P

1. Levels 47 - 59 - Orange Salamanders:

huntinglocationorangesafh8.png

Now we move onto the next stage, and you'll be here for a while. If you haven't already guessed, it's net trapping orange salamanders. Head out to the desert, east across the bridge, and a few paces due east will bring you to your destination. Use three traps for greatest xp, and hunt your life away with waterskins, knives, nets and ropes. It may take a while for lvl 59, but you'll get there eventually. :D

1. Levels 59 - 99 - Red Salamanders:

huntinglocationredsalamcy4.png

This is believed to be the fastest xp in the game, and most say they will remain here until level 99.

---------------------

Well there you have it people, a quick begginners guide. So before you critisize the skill again or claim it to be slow, make sure you have tested the skill leveling methods I've listed above.

Happy Hunting!

P.S. After reading input from many other people I've decided to work on my guide further and place some other leveling strategies around the place. Thanks for the feedback all!

jd4mfinalsmal0jp.gif

Proper Daily blogging including Starcraft 2!

Includes goal for 80+ all stats

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

agreed. i just got 30 hunting and it only took me 3 hours from lvl 1-30 since atfer lvl 20 u can set 2 traps at once anyway lol

Quit runescape on Jan 6th of 2008, at level of 115 with around 150M worth of item in bank...however stats still remains

Baoding.png

World 59, the world i loved~

59.png

Now 95% dedicated to playing Microsoft flight simulator

image_mini

http://www.youtube.com/user/im1knight

my youtube channel with many FSX videos i made. please leave a comment if you will

I agree, i love hunting. I just got the ability to put up 3 traps!

and i just got the rank of 2,620th best Hunter in runescape!

it is not a slow skill. it is not as repetive as other runescape skills, Woodcutting,Mining,and Agility to name a few.

I used Birds to lvl 7 then used the feldip weasels to 15 and butterflys to 25 and i have been catching Cerulian Twitchs and Butterflys upto now (lvl 40)

Just 10 more levels till ALL my skills are lvl 50+

zezimafreest0fpl0x7qx.png

jdd+555.png

Thanks for your feedback, I'm doing some trial and error and making some changes. I'm also planning on adding some pictures and whatnot to add to the guide as well as some alternative routes. There's just so many different things to do, I'm loving it :3>

jd4mfinalsmal0jp.gif

Not bad guide

But maybe post in Player made guide forum :wink:

I wont be starting to i get members

Which looks on the horizon to me :|

I was thinking that, but it seems after the release of hunter it seems everyone is hanging around here, and I want some feedback from the minds of general p2p :P

If all goes well hopefully I can put together a decent guide and place it in the correct forum :P

jd4mfinalsmal0jp.gif

Hmm, completely different from what I did...

1-7 at Red Birds

7-13 at Weasels

13-20 at Desert Tracking Guys

20-43 at level 19 birds.

43+ at the falconry place.

sigbad0xt.jpg

Jack of all trades, master of thieving. 259th to 99 thieving. All stats 75+

just get 15 swamp tar and 1 guam and ur set. They give more xp then birds! i just tried em.

Yeah they're awesome, especially with 3 traps at the location I have a picture of. I'm off to try falcony xp rates, hopefully it'll be even better than lizards.

jd4mfinalsmal0jp.gif

just get 15 swamp tar and 1 guam and ur set. They give more xp then birds! i just tried em.

Yeah they're awesome, especially with 3 traps at the location I have a picture of. I'm off to try falcony xp rates, hopefully it'll be even better than lizards.

My friend said falcons are crazy-fast XP

77yLQy8.png