Hunter Leveling Guide - Still Under Construction

elucin8er

awesome guide

from 15-31 i seriously reccomend setting snares for caopper longtails and then cathing butterflies while u w8 good xp

wendigo66.jpeg

click my sig for my blog!!!

Thanks everyone for the sigs they pwn!

No. Why should i give presents for someone in rs?

Most selfish thing I've ever heard

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found that it was much easier, but more boring to catch the best birds you can until lv 15, then butterflies to 19, then birds to 29. Tracking takes way to long for a little exp.

I have found that at lv 51, deadfalling polar kebbits and useing 2 bird snares at the same time is decent exp. but salamanders are still THE fastest exp out there.

Borschwicz.png

|Barrows Drops-7|Dragon Drops-5|

Thanks for your comments everyone, I've now finally added the next section:

1. Levels 47 - 59 - Orange Salamanders:

Now we move onto the next stage, and you'll be here for a while. If you haven't already guessed, it's net trapping orange salamanders. Head out to the desert, east across the bridge, and a few paces due east will bring you to your destination. Use three traps for greatest xp, and hunt your life away with waterskins, knives, nets and ropes. It may take a while for lvl 59, but you'll get there eventually. :D

huntinglocationorangesafh8.png

jd4mfinalsmal0jp.gif

Proper Daily blogging including Starcraft 2!

Includes goal for 80+ all stats

Great guide helped me a lot :) But here is some tips to maximize your exp.

When butterfly catching from 15-23, plant your bird-trap and then go catch butterflies and come back and collect, etc. So you're doing 2 at once.

untitled2.jpg

NOT GIVING AWAY NEW ACCOUNT NAME.

3. Levels 15 - 23 - Butterfly catching:

Already, at lvl 15, the skill changes. Compare this to cooking, fishing, agility etc, where you merely change locations to do the same thing. Hunter avoids this, and immidiently switches to something new. Catch butterflies north west of the gnome stronghold. They won't appear on your mini map, so you'll have to keep your eyes peeled and your reflexes sharp to catch these little red critters. Decent xp, and enough to keep you going until level 23.

I found that this is very slow. But a fast way is going to track in the desert. Use the carpet to Ulazr(sp), then walk west, then track till 23. I only took about 5 water skins, a knife because there is 1 catuace that u can cut for water, then desert robes/ desert camo.

I got 23 with the ruby harvest method. Now I'm trying to deadfall and use ruby harvests at the same time, as the guide said. But in 30 minutes, not one deadfall has gotten anything. How much do other factors effect it, like clothing and distance from trap? I stay as far back as I can, but I have jungle clothes. I'm tracking to get woodland hides, how much do you think that will help?

pissant22.png

7 months ago, shoulen m0nk lured me for everything. If you know anything about him, pm me.

lol that was a good story but his eyesight must be poor... it's a well known fact that mods only drop garages on players. :lol:

I got 23 with the ruby harvest method. Now I'm trying to deadfall and use ruby harvests at the same time, as the guide said. But in 30 minutes, not one deadfall has gotten anything. How much do other factors effect it, like clothing and distance from trap? I stay as far back as I can, but I have jungle clothes. I'm tracking to get woodland hides, how much do you think that will help?

I suceeded 1 in 3 for every deadfall trap I laied down, and I wasn't wearing any special clothing. You may just be on the receiving end of some bad luck :(

jd4mfinalsmal0jp.gif

great, finnaly a guide! \' I am complete rubbish at skills if i can't constintly refer to a guide :roll: thanks elly (im gunna call you elly btw :XD:)

~~~~~~~~~~~99 fletching~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~99 cooking~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~92+ fishing~~~~~~~~~~~

Huge fan of the TET crew, Good work guys

~"By the end of this ya'll be wearing gold-plated diapers!" "What does that even mean?"~

I actually think that birds are really good to do...in conjunction with butterflies. At the snow place, just set up two traps surrounding the bird spawn and then go east a LITTLE bit and theres the butterfly spawn. If you set your bird traps in the right spot, youll catch them almost immediately after they spawn. If you don't catch them, then butterflies are right next to the spot.

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

i was very wrong about this skill...

at first it seemed boring and repetative, but now i realise just how wrong i was.

i am currently level 29, i would follow your guide and go to lizards, but i haven't done nature spirit :oops: so i'm going to set up 2 traps at the tropical birds and see where that takes me...

sigbanksupportqd1.gif

how about 63+ red chinchompas? and 1-9 crimson swifts

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

how about 63+ red chinchompas? and 1-9 crimson swifts

And the regular 53+ chompies are great too. Much better than lizards because of the availability issue. And they are great to keep too.

Gotta include chompies in this.

A circus in Runescape?? Oh my.

Leesters.png

Leesters.png

REMEMBER RUNESCAPE KARMA! Be a nice player, and nice things will come back to you.

I'm back, add me if you deleted me. :)

I'll add a voice for the chinchompas too. I'm at lvl 62 doing red chinchompas on pots without a hassle in the world. Slightly slower xp than running four nets at red salamanders, but that gets very crowded. Chinchompas you don't need to rely on vacant trees, all you need is a square, plus they're stackable so you have no need to keep releasing them.

siganizq4.gif

After reading around it seems I'm going to have to add a lot of other locations to accomodate for crowdedness, repetetiveness and item benefits. I'll try to work on some xp tables gathering approx xp per hour at each location to find the best path to 99, as well as include other methods so as you don't die from boredom or spot fighting.

Input from higher experienced hunters would be appreicated, as well as some leveling suggestions for levels under 60.

jd4mfinalsmal0jp.gif

man please pm me or tell me here but preferable pm me telling me if need bait to catch them? or not? and if i can catch withor without bait, is it worth it using bait? guam tar, marrentil tar, tarromin tar, harralander tar... ?

Man or please add me for a while

sigbanksupportqd1.gif

theres no dbout about red chinchompas being the best training place- 100% of top 21 and 90% of top 200 train there, so theres no dbout aboutwhere to train up to 99, at 80+ its 70-75k xp h, compared to 50k at dashings and red salamanders

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.