Strength vs. Defense. FINAL SHOWDOWN

Guitarted7

If anyone wants to say Def pures own str pures I'm just gonna have to ask about the logic on that one :-s

If anyones heard or seen, Hiei The Pk who is a pure, killed a 126 in full Dharoks at mage bank. 99 Str and 99 Attack with 20 Defence, Vs a 99,99,99 with Dharoks.

Wheres your god now!

This just shows how flawed the combat system is. On rare occasion, this will happen, but it really shouldn't.

Pking isn't all stats; it's also about skill.

If anyone wants to say Def pures own str pures I'm just gonna have to ask about the logic on that one :-s

If anyones heard or seen, Hiei The Pk who is a pure, killed a 126 in full Dharoks at mage bank. 99 Str and 99 Attack with 20 Defence, Vs a 99,99,99 with Dharoks.

Wheres your god now!

This just shows how flawed the combat system is. On rare occasion, this will happen, but it really shouldn't.

Pking isn't all stats; it's also about skill.

or luck

RSN: drgnslyer15

Drgnslyer15.png

15 skills 90+ - 10 skills 99 - 200m+ total exp

Wheres your god now!

Correct

maynard2002.png

considering im a barrower i love high def. no praying on a couple bros with low def is ringing deaths doorbell and not many people choose to whip the melee bros to death...

lost rights to my dark red text >:(

afflictionbanner2jf6.png

12/20/06 - QUEST CAPE OF ACHIEVEMENT

Barrows sets: guthan, verac, dharok, maybe ahrim eventually <- lost to a hacker whole stole everything of worth from my bank

Defence is best because it's useful for all three combat modes - melee mage and range :)

In a little hilltop village they gambled for my clothes

I bargained for salvation and they gave me a lethal dose

I offered up my innocence, I got repaid with scorn

"Come in'', she said, "I'll give you shelter from the storm"

I used to have a 40 Def, 73 Range, 62 HP, 60 combat Range Tank. That thing Downright OWNED!! Pures were my favorite to fight, because they would just keep eating as I was pounding them. I even got Full Rune people to run (and die) to my arrows. Normally when A fight would finish I would be about HALF invo of food left. Sadly, that account got lost somehow :(

Knowledge Talks| | Wisdom Listens

~~Heroes Get Remembered, But Legends Never Die~~

Vitafides.jpeg

Xbox Live & Playstation Network Name: Trojann2

It's wierd, my friend X Arikado X always loses in a complete fight against a rune pure. However, since neither he nor his opponent eat when they're over 30 HP, he actually killed the rune pure once or twice.

It seems that if you're high strength, you have a better chance of actually killing. However, defence helps you outlast your opponent.

Strength pures have been over rated for over a year now..

I created 2 Tanks and enjoyed 3 to 1 KO ratio to str pures... That is one vs one..

Also noticed a shift to Defense...

Used to be 1 defense was the rage... then Iniate Pures... now Rune Pures..

Sooo where does this leave us???

Back to tanks!!

My vote.... Defense

ok.... i went pking with my level 16 mage tank, i challenged a dude in varrock bank(lvl 32) i killed him(he was with his brother that wanted to watch so i killed him two*), now i dont think he was a pure, i think he was a balanced melee fighter, then i found a guy back in varrock centre(he happened to be a strength pure), we went to the wilderness and, I OWNED him he then sent me abuse until i set chat to friends.

Therefore defence owns strength!!!

Add me to the defence list :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

It's wierd, my friend X Arikado X always loses in a complete fight against a rune pure. However, since neither he nor his opponent eat when they're over 30 HP, he actually killed the rune pure once or twice.

It seems that if you're high strength, you have a better chance of actually killing. However, defence helps you outlast your opponent.

Stop double spacing your sentences... I'm going to do this if you don't stop...

$data = sql_safe($_POST['data']);

$data = str_replace("  ", " ", $data);

Mwahaha.

On topic... controlled/balanced is the best method in my (and your) opinion. Did I ever tell you training controlled became a fad because of me? Funny...

• Never trust anyone. You are always alone, and betrayal is inevitable.
  • Nothing is safe from the jaws of the decompiler.

you can't compare it this way.. they serve different things.

while not training your def you will have a higher hit/combat lvl..

however you get hit much more by melee and ranging against magic defens doesn't give any "defens" so if you fight a magician your high defens lvl is just useless....

so if you fight many meleeers (at duel arena or something so they can't run) def pure would own a str pure.. but a str pure would stand better against a magician..

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.