Wow I think I'm going to throw up

sanday79

I just went on world 1 and tried to sell some lobs in west varrock. There's so many people there it doesn't even make sense! You can't tell what anyone wants for more than a split-second and there don't seem to be many deals being made, surely there's a better way to do this than stand in the same place as 1000 other people and shout? Anyone have recommendations for how to filter out the crap to get to the messages that apply to me?

sanday79.png

newsig.png

newbankofrsyq0.gif

Something tells me sanday79 has tried this already, but to no avail.

sanday79, I'm afraid you're stuck due to lack of functions in RuneScape. Sorry. :(

Best I can suggest is to jump to another world with a population of 1600 or less. :wink:

~Mr. Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

Also other advise, get yourself some permanent or regular interested buyers, so you always have some contacts to sell your gear to, comes in handy. Runescape is all about compromises and small trade businesses (don't know why I'm saying this stuff, but heck). Or as they would say in my language:

Grote ventjes, kleine percentjes

Legion.gif

Achieved quest (07/08/2009), woodcutting (28/06/2010), attack (21/07/2010), strength + constitution (07/08/2010), defence (26/09/2010), summoning (13/01/2011), herblore (03/03/2011), cook (31/08/2012), firemaking (01/09/2012), magic (08/09/2012), prayer (16/09/2012) and ranged (29/10/2012) capes.

If you are selling things. Say your name after your sentence.

Like...

"Selling cooked lobs 250 ea! -*name here*"

This has worked HUNDREDS of times for me and people find me instantly.

If you are buying something, then look for their name after the sentence. Most merchanters and people that sell items in bulk use this method. Heres what you do if they dont have their name. Stand on the space that you see the words pop-up, and then right click that space. *Note, try to get the highest angle on the camera view for most accurate right click*. Then if there is only one person on that space, trade him, if there is two, try the first guy, if it is the wrong guy, try the second guy.

Hope this helps,

Honeo

Training my pure!

dddog6.png

i like to use forums. your title is...intresting. it made me kinda sick. :-X i don't like thinking about vomit.

Lol, well, that was the truth when I made this post. All the text and stuff was making me kinda dizzy and nauseous haha. I guess I should've put something more related to the content, but it seemed to attract attention this way haha.

sanday79.png

newsig.png

newbankofrsyq0.gif

I just went on world 1 and tried to sell some lobs in west varrock.

There's so many people there it doesn't even make sense!...

surely there's a better way to do this

Other MMORGs have solved this problem by having a formal selling zone

with searchable "For sale" items and listed prices.

So, Jagex would have to revamp the game to

make is easier for players to buy and sell.

...Anyone have recommendations for how to filter out the crap to get to the messages that apply to me?

Hide, add sellers as friends and private message them.

Or, just use the Tip It market forums to find buyers and sellers.

Fundamentally, this is a Jagex game design issue.

The best solution is for them to do something on their end.

All we players can do is to try and find work-arounds.

Hope this helps

lol just put ur chat onto hide and watch for people buying or selling what you want.

That pretty much explains it. Keeping your chat on 'Hide' makes everything a bit easier, and add a seller/buyer while trading and set public chat to 'Friends'. Once the chatbox slows to a stop with hide, everything goes a bit smoother. Trust me.

mzvest,Shadorik.gif

Shadorik.gif

A trick I did in classic is,

Tell all your friends that your buying X/Selling X and if they see somebody buying X or selling X, give that person your name.. I usually got everything within an hour. But I can't do that anymore because I only have two people on my friends list, and only one of them is on anymore with me lol. But I suggest you do that, it worked a lot for me

_00000000000000000000000000.gif