~In-Game Clans~ *pics*

chewchewbarz

On the clan thing,where it says that their dots are purple,would this carry over to when you right-clicked on them?

If not that would make a good update for the rangers and mages out there,it would be much harder to accidently attack your clan-mate

I dont quite understand the question but I'll take a shot at it

In the wild, attacking a clan-mate would no longer be a "left-click" option. You would still be able to attack the people in your clan, it would just be harder to do it

And if you mean, the options in the "right-click" menu are purple if they in your clan, it is not currently like that, but, I like this idea and I will try to integrate it into my main post

Thanks!

~Chew

newbankofrsyq0.gif

isupportclansfm7.png

fixfriendsol7.gif

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay well you said you would lower the thing to 5 people.... I still hate the idea of my clan being deleted if I leave for a while. Could you perhaps make it one month? That gives me a bit more time, and also make it so that while only the Leader can completely disband the clan, anyone from the clan who cares about it can go pay a portion or all of the fine you owe. What about one-month to get players, then after that each week you owe 10k, and after two months its deleted?

This would help a lot. Maybe also make it so that when the leader comes and looks at Fines Paid, he can view who paid what amount, and then pay that player back?

Another note: You contradict yourself. You say that you may only be in one clan at a time, but you may own infinite clans. Wouldn't you have to be in a clan in order to own it?

Yet another question: Would you be able to, say, buy a clan as a present for someone? I mean to say, buy the name, then make that person your Co-Leader, then choose 'Pass clan to Co-Leader' ?

And yet again another question: If the leader of a clan simply hasn't logged on in a month, what if it is automatically passed on to the co-leader, and then have a First Officer and Second Officer ranks, and then the First Officer moves up to Co-Leader, Second Officer moves up to First Officer, and there wouldn't be a Second Officer until the Co-Leader(now Leader) made one again. This would help some more, in the case that the leader forgets his/her pass, gets hacked, gets banned, etc.

One more: Could we have an option for the Members and Officers and the Co Leader, saying: Start Mutiny or Join Mutiny. If 3/4 of the clan (not counting the Leader) joins the mutiny, then the Leader is booted. This will help if they think that the leader is just out to get 'donations' or something like that.

Final Question: (I promise!!!) What if we were to have a Clan Guild? *seems like a dumb idea to me but oh well* *i actually forgot my Final Question but this seemed like a good one to substitute for it* We could make it so that the Leader, Co-Leader, or *depending on your decision* First/Second officers of a clan with more than 50 people in it can enter, and buy certain items at discount prices. *Example, various 'team' capes, certain weapons/armor, etc.*

I know i promised..... but oh well. A clan-based quest? In which you have 5 members of a clan *only allowed for a clan with 5 members in it, exactly 5 members of any rank* gather different items, perhaps for a witch, or a mad scientist, or something like that. This would encourage more clans to join, especially ones containing people that are huge on questing. This would *possibly* create an effect similar to that of Construction, which is why they made the skill in the first place.... Money drainage. Too much gold coming in, not enough going out. If they bought a clan to do the quest, then that would get 50k out PER CLAN. Think about it, thats 50 houses to every one clan made. 10 houses per member of a clan that helps in the quest. That would help get money out fast.

*more on the quest* Assume there are 1 billion runescape accounts. *Rough estimate* Assume of these there are 400 million currently active. *another estimate* Assume of these there are 350 million members. Assume of these there are 200 million that would be able to do this quest. Assume there are 100 million that enjoy questing enough to start a clan and do this quest. Now, divide this by 5. *number required in the clan* Assume the leader will pay the fee.*the purpose for dividing by 5* You have 20 million players left. 20 million leaders. Multiply by 50k. Thats one billion coins drained for one simple quest. Not counting the amounts that will be drained for late fees, or purchasing quest items. One billion coins, some say this is pocket change, but thats a pretty decent bite out of the Runescape economy. All this is rough estimates, I'm highly willing to bet that a lot more than 100 million players will want to do this quest.

More views for you, what do you think?

~Jarko~

isupportclansfm7.png

hiddennoob.jpg

1)Okay well you said you would lower the thing to 5 people.... I still hate the idea of my clan being deleted if I leave for a while. Could you perhaps make it one month? That gives me a bit more time, and also make it so that while only the Leader can completely disband the clan, anyone from the clan who cares about it can go pay a portion or all of the fine you owe. What about one-month to get players, then after that each week you owe 10k, and after two months its deleted?

2)This would help a lot. Maybe also make it so that when the leader comes and looks at Fines Paid, he can view who paid what amount, and then pay that player back?

3)Another note: You contradict yourself. You say that you may only be in one clan at a time, but you may own infinite clans. Wouldn't you have to be in a clan in order to own it?

4) Yet another question: Would you be able to, say, buy a clan as a present for someone? I mean to say, buy the name, then make that person your Co-Leader, then choose 'Pass clan to Co-Leader' ?

5) And yet again another question: If the leader of a clan simply hasn't logged on in a month, what if it is automatically passed on to the co-leader, and then have a First Officer and Second Officer ranks, and then the First Officer moves up to Co-Leader, Second Officer moves up to First Officer, and there wouldn't be a Second Officer until the Co-Leader(now Leader) made one again. This would help some more, in the case that the leader forgets his/her pass, gets hacked, gets banned, etc.

6) One more: Could we have an option for the Members and Officers and the Co Leader, saying: Start Mutiny or Join Mutiny. If 3/4 of the clan (not counting the Leader) joins the mutiny, then the Leader is booted. This will help if they think that the leader is just out to get 'donations' or something like that.

7) Final Question: (I promise!!!) What if we were to have a Clan Guild? *seems like a dumb idea to me but oh well* *i actually forgot my Final Question but this seemed like a good one to substitute for it* We could make it so that the Leader, Co-Leader, or *depending on your decision* First/Second officers of a clan with more than 50 people in it can enter, and buy certain items at discount prices. *Example, various 'team' capes, certain weapons/armor, etc.*

8) I know i promised..... but oh well. A clan-based quest? In which you have 5 members of a clan *only allowed for a clan with 5 members in it, exactly 5 members of any rank* gather different items, perhaps for a witch, or a mad scientist, or something like that. This would encourage more clans to join, especially ones containing people that are huge on questing. This would *possibly* create an effect similar to that of Construction, which is why they made the skill in the first place.... Money drainage. Too much gold coming in, not enough going out. If they bought a clan to do the quest, then that would get 50k out PER CLAN. Think about it, thats 50 houses to every one clan made. 10 houses per member of a clan that helps in the quest. That would help get money out fast.

*more on the quest* Assume there are 1 billion runescape accounts. *Rough estimate* Assume of these there are 400 million currently active. *another estimate* Assume of these there are 350 million members. Assume of these there are 200 million that would be able to do this quest. Assume there are 100 million that enjoy questing enough to start a clan and do this quest. Now, divide this by 5. *number required in the clan* Assume the leader will pay the fee.*the purpose for dividing by 5* You have 20 million players left. 20 million leaders. Multiply by 50k. Thats one billion coins drained for one simple quest. Not counting the amounts that will be drained for late fees, or purchasing quest items. One billion coins, some say this is pocket change, but thats a pretty decent bite out of the Runescape economy. All this is rough estimates, I'm highly willing to bet that a lot more than 100 million players will want to do this quest.

More views for you, what do you think?

~Jarko~

1) It has been lowered to 5 people, and your clan will only be deleted if your member count drops below 5... So that means, if you have one of each rank, includinging yourself, your clan will not disband. And if you are that worried about it, then you should pick a good Co-Leader and leave them in complete control while you are gone

2) I dont understand what you are saying here about "Fines" Please explain more....

3) I do not believe that I have contridicted myself, I just think you misunderstood. You can only be in ONE clan at a time, in order to join another you must QUIT your current one. Only while you are not in a clan can you start/join a new one. There is no limit to the number of clans you can start, join, quit, ect.

4) I guess that would be possible, but you keep wanting more options than it seems we have room for. C'mon, think Jarko, be realistic. One of the greatest parts of Runescape is its simplicity. If you want to make a thousand clan options and hid them all in 50 seperate tabs, be my guest. If you want to suggest something, please think about it before you decide to slam it in my face. *whew* I feel better... Now, since you seem to think we need more options, where would we put them? I am not disagree-ing with you, some of these options would be nice, we just dont have room for so many things

5) You're talking about adding more ranks here. How would you be able to tell the difference between a First Officer and Second? Once again, you're making this too complex

6) A merge option? Im a little unsure of what you're asking here... but if you're talking about an option to have 3/4s of a clan automatically quit the clan then automatically join a new one, thats... once again ANOTHER option... Where would we put this and how would it work?

7) The point of this is? Buying new armour and team capes? Most people dont need armour seeing as they buy/make their own and clans dont need team capes because they already have the mini-map coloring and fixed attack options. Would there be new weapons/armour? If so, what would they be? Would they be very powerful? Where would this guild be located? I need more information....

8) A clan based quest? Im no good at making quests, the only thing that I can think of is something like a Blast Furnace where it takes a certain number of people with a certain skill levels to fix/work a machine.

I am really picky about what is added to the main post, and it would be easier to think about your suggestions if you didnt post them in one big post. I would be able to spend more time thinking individually about each one and coming up for ideas about them instead of getting frustrated and then dismissing each one. Please, add more detail to the ideas/upgrades that you post. I get really frustrated having to read through all that.

Finally, I like the options you've posted the most, but there isnt much of a place to put them. So, please, next time you post, where would we put these options?

newbankofrsyq0.gif

isupportclansfm7.png

fixfriendsol7.gif

*apologizes first of all for putting it all into one post*

Comments:

2) Have it be set so that instead of an auto-delete of the clan, the clan would have 1 month after losing a member to find a new one. In that time, they would have to pay 10k for every week that it took. For example, they have 35 days after a member quits to find a replacement. That's 5 weeks. The first week they don't owe anything, but after that they owe 10k per week, and anyone from the guild can pay it.

For example

I have a clan with me plus 4 members in it. We have the minimum. One of the members quits. We now have 1 week to find a new player to join. We don't get one. *by your rules we are deleted now; i see this as slightly unfair* Under my system, we would then have another week, and once we find a member, we owe 10k to any person that you pay to start a clan. We have one month to pay this before the clan is deleted.

If we go over by 2 weeks, then we owe 20k. We still have 1 month

If we go over by 3 weeks, then we owe 30k. We still have 1 month

Etc.

After the first free week and 4 weeks of not finding a new member under fines, the clan is automatically deleted, since that would make them owe 50k, so they might as well disband and recuperate before fines add up too much.

This allows much more time to find new members.

4) It wouldn't be a new option, I'm just saying someone could. You're saying that we have co-leaders that the leader can pass the clan on to, so that would be how they do it. Just wondering if this would be allowed, or against the rules, and if so then how would Jagex prevent it? Just curious.

5) Have one rank be First Officer, and another rank be Second Officer. They are allowed to promote up to officer. First Officer can promote a Second Officer, if one does not already exist. (Only one of each rank allowed)

6) No, not a merge of anything. If the members don't like the leader, and they want a new one without leaving the clan, they may choose a Mutiny option and if 75% of the total members of the clan, excluding the leader from the 100%, chooses to remove him, then the leader leaves and the Co-Leader moves up, etc. with first/second officers, assuming you add those ranks.

7) I had no idea what I was talking about, really, but I could work the guild idea out some more. :thumbsup:

8) Once again, while I did know what I was talking about here, I can still work out the idea of the quests, perhaps write a quest line for it. :thumbsup:

Sorry again for grouping, but I felt that this time since its all the same subjects, you may get confused even further if I were to seperate my posts. In the future I will try to post ideas seperately. I'll work with you and help out all I can. Perhaps we can talk in the game, if so I'm Jarkobubbles. (Like you mentioned about yourself, my schedule for being on is rather sporadic, but I will attempt to be on as much as possible, in order to help as much as possible.)

Unfortunately, I will be no help at all for any picture editing for the main post, as I have Paint and nothing more, and not a lick of artistic talent in me. :wall:

isupportclansfm7.png

hiddennoob.jpg

Bufoman wrote:

I support on the following conditions.

1: that it is both members and f2p

2: that the clan tab be removed and people from the clan simply appear as a diffrent coler. this is becouse I dont want anyone to miss what is said.

3: the leader can do a universial clan chat to all who are online.

and 4: there are 9 clan ranks and there names as well as capabilitys are decided by the leader.

1: It would be p2p and f2p, but the clan arena would be p2p only as another incentive (that'll make sense to JaGex) for people to go p2p

2/3: I had a universal 'message all' in my last version, but it didnt go over too well. I put in the clan tab so you could have a special place just for you're clan chatting. If someone not in your clan but within your chat 'hearing' range, then the message will still bubble over their head and if you have split-chat on your PMs would still be veiwable from there

4: NINE ranks? C'mon this isnt World of Warcraft and it wont ever be like that. Nine completely customizable ranks for every clan in Runescape would take so much coding and so much memory storage space for JaGex it wouldnt be funny. Do you know the probably reason that the bank tabs were changed from text to pictures? For the exact same reason... It would take too much space on their servers for everyone to have something different. Same concept applies here...

Sorry if you thought I was flaming you, I wasnt, but you make me realize that certain thing are a little undetailed in my main post. I will go back and attempt to correct those.

Thank you for reading all the way thru to give me your honest oppion. These are the types of posts that mean the most to me

Thank you!

To lazy to quote sorry.

looks good However you should allow 3 leaders becuase many clans do not have a single leader and are run by 2 or 3 or even more.

Message to all from the leaders sounds like a good idea to me too.

Well anyway I will support because runescape badly needs some clan support. Your plan is the most thought out one I have seen regarding this isue.

I think this is the best ides ever thought out and the pics were amazing i think every1 who is a f2p who supported this idea should get the benefits but if you didnt then u get nothing ut if u member then sure u can have this great benefit....

support = me 8-)

Member and lovin it

fitty_5.png

isupportclansfm7.png

looks good However you should allow 3 leaders becuase many clans do not have a single leader and are run by 2 or 3 or even more.

That would be a point of a co-leader and (as i suggested) First/Second officers. Have the person who pays the bulk of the cash, or the one who plans most activities, who coordinates things, be the one with the Leader ranking. Etc. on down the line.

isupportclansfm7.png

hiddennoob.jpg

Thought I'd post in here again *cracks knuckles*

All right, first of all the idea that you pay 10k per week is appealing, and eliminates some of the annoyance that will occur for anyone that goes on vacation. Few people are without an internet connection for a month these days.

I agree with the mutiny idea, as this is easier than have all these players start a new guild. If they like the name but not the leader, they should be able to mutiny and kick the leader out of the guild. The leader would lose ownership and would not get any money back that was invested in the guild.

While I'm attracted to the Clan Guild Hall idea, it's far too complex, and what would be available in it?

Edit: Maybe this could work like houses with Construction, and you would be able to buy things like shops, stalls and monsters within the Guild Hall. Just a thought.

A clan based quest is a very good idea, but how would it work? It shouldn't be like Shield of Arrav and Heros Quest. And it should be more interesting then buying items. Maybe working at things like the Blast Furnace?

Also, the guild ranks should be simple, and the current ranks (Leader, Co-leader, Officer, Member, Peon) aren't all that complex, as compared to adding officer ranks. RuneScape isn't the military.

pouserbarkp4.png

Project Onyx Staff Writer. Stories, articles, and opinions, oh my!

About the mutiny option,some people may think its a good idea,however,if you didnt get the clan name you wanted, you could join that clan,and over time gain the trust of the leader,then add all your friends to the clan and just commit mutiny so you could get the clan name you wanted,

BTW add my to supporters plz

Scipo1.gif

About the mutiny option,some people may think its a good idea,however,if you didnt get the clan name you wanted, you could join that clan,and over time gain the trust of the leader,then add all your friends to the clan and just commit mutiny so you could get the clan name you wanted,

BTW add my to supporters plz

That's a good point, but the fact is, if you have a leader with a good clan name, but the leader is very bad (takes items, demands taxes, etc.) and you don't want to leave with sizable portion of the clan and make a new one, a mutiny option is perfect.

pouserbarkp4.png

2: that the clan tab be removed and people from the clan simply appear as a diffrent coler. this is becouse I dont want anyone to miss what is said.

and 4: there are 9 clan ranks and there names as well as capabilitys are decided by the leader.

i support on the above conditons and one of my own

that the clan co ledear would be able to mass chat to the entire clan

[hide=]

Wow... I just scanned it with my new high tech program called "common sense" and it detected a scam.

Some people just shouldn't be allowed to breed.

Gee, for someone with "billions and billions on multiple accounts", you sure whine a lot.
[/hide]

i support on the above conditons and one of my own

that the clan co ledear would be able to mass chat to the entire clan

Chewchewbarz has already replied to these conditions. Read a little bit back, see his comments on it. He has shot down a few of them already.

isupportclansfm7.png

hiddennoob.jpg

In future updates(real RS2 forum)there game mod wright what will they update next year,and somethere was wright :clan support,in explenicion

like players owend house,clans will owen houses(this is not been relited topic that we talk,it is in proggres and maybe it will not be relised 2007 but 2008 it will probably be relised.

I didnt made quote beacuse i dont remember what exacly he wright or what was mod name,it was like 3-4 days ago,and i cant find that topic in future updates(maybe it is alrady deleted)

orao8.png

Always buying something.

In future updates(real RS2 forum)there game mod wright what will they update next year,and somethere was wright :clan support,in explenicion

like players owend house,clans will owen houses(this is not been relited topic that we talk,it is in proggres and maybe it will not be relised 2007 but 2008 it will probably be relised.

I didnt made quote beacuse i dont remember what exacly he wright or what was mod name,it was like 3-4 days ago,and i cant find that topic in future updates(maybe it is alrady deleted)

Please, please use a spell-checker!

pouserbarkp4.png

Excellent idea, I support you 100%. I have a few mild suggestions though. I was thinking that when you want to invite somebody by right clicking their name, if they are already in a clan that option would not appear at all. And secondly, I don't think the gambling part of the Clan Wars arena should be aloud, that is looked down upon in some communities and most parents try to keep that away from the younger children in their family. Sorry if somebody else already suggested my suggestions, tired and did not have time to read them. Well once again I would like to say incredible post and keep up the excellent work.

~The Doomster~

Feel free to message me on Aim or Msn, or add me ingame.

Thanks for the signature Mathias

princeofpersia2ew2.jpg

Very good. I suggest, however; that the clan leader be able to change the names of the ranks, Eg.

King

Adviser

Elder

Citizen

Slave

To give people more room for customisation.

Why do you resist? My experiments are only helping humanity push the boundaries of the Art of Toxicology... you should be proud to be one of my victims.

~Toxicologist~