~In-Game Clans~ *pics*

chewchewbarz

Clans

This is my clan topic, redone for the third time. I have done two others in the past, both of which had serious problems. I knew I could do better, and with some advice from other players I remade my clan topic into what you see here.

First off, we have the clan tab. It will be located to the left of the friends list and will work in a similar manner. As a member of the clan, you will be able to send messages through this tab, among other things that are talked about later. It will also give you the basic details about your clan such as the clan name, the leader, and the member count. If you were to right-click on the member count there would be a mini-pop-up displaying how many of each rank there are (example: 1 leader, 1 co-leader, 6 officers, 16 members, 4 peons). There would also be a limit to the number of people you could have in a clan, but Im not going to guess on specific numbers because the final count would be up to JaGex.

Before I continue, here is the picture of the clan tab:

clan31oz5.png

As you can see, there are more things to do in this tab other than inviting people and quitting. Everyone has the option to leave the clan, but only certain people have the ability to invite others. And if you were to right-click in the member display there are even more options. You could message the player, boot them, and check or change their rank. If you click on the ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¹ÃâRankÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ option you would get a pop-up window asking what rank you wanted to change them to. If you donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t have the authority do change someone elseÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s rank, then you will just get a message saying you cant do that.

Since weÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ve talked about the ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¹Ãâchange rankÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ option, I figured it would be a good idea to talk about the different roles in a clan before continuing.

Leader

First off we have the leader, there can be only ONE of these per clan. The leader is in complete control and can do everything clan related. They can talk in clan chat (talked about more later), rename the clan, boot people, invite them back, promote others, and demote them when they realize it was a mistake.

Co-Leader

The Co-Leader will be the right hand man of the leader and there can only be one Co-Leader per clan. They will be able to talk in clan chat, boot people, send invites, promote, and demote.

Officers

Officers are second in command. They can speak in clan chat, invite people, boot people, promote others, and demote them. Officers only have control over members and peons so they cant demote a fellow officer.

Members

Members are the average person in the clan. They would be allowed to talk in clan chat.

Peons

Peons are the lowest of the low. This rank would probably be used for a punishment or an initiate ranking. Peons can only view the clan chat, they cannot talk in it.

If you are not currently in a clan and attempt to bring up the Clan Tab, you would see a message telling you information on how to start a clan. Such as, where to go, who to talk to and how much its going to cost.

To start a clan you would need to go see a Clan Master. There will be one Master located in SeersÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ Village, Varrock, Falador, and East Ardougne. When you find one and attempt to start a clan, they will tell you a few rules, such as; no racist or sexual references. To help control this, there would have to be a new report feature: Inappropriate Clan Name. After they tell you all of the rules they will warn you about the fee of starting a clan. It would be in place to help stop others from starting a quitting a clan over and over. The fee is a flat charge of 50k Also, there would be a member requirement. When you start a clan you will have seven days (1 week) to find 4 more members. Any and all clans must have at least 5 members at any given time or the clan will be automatically disbanded and the clanÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s name will go back up for grabs. If for some reason your member count dropped below 5, the one week timer would start back up again and you would have seven days to find enough people. And as a side note, there are no refunds for starting a clan. So if you do, do so wisely.

If after you started a clan and decided you didnt like your clan name you can go to a clan master and get it changed. He will have to charge you, though. It would cost 25k for each name change and it can be done an unlimited amount of times. Only the leader will have the power to go to the Clan Master and change the name.

After youÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ve started a clan, you can invite people in two ways. The first one weÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ve already talked about a little bit. When the ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¹ÃâInviteÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ button is clicked, the one located in the clan tab, it would give you a pop-up. The pop-up would simply ask for the name of the person that you want to invite, and an accept option or cancel option. The other one is a right-click feature. To put it simply, you right-click them, click ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¹ÃâInvite,ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ and they will get a message (like a trade or duel challenge) asking them if they would like to join your clan. HereÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s a picture of the right-click option:

inviteimthemanbh1.png

So, weÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ve gone through how to start a clan, the different roles in a clan, the clan interface, rules, how to invite people (booting is pretty obvious) and briefly mentioned a clan chat which I will go into detail now.

To help clans out, and fix a problem with my older clan systems, IÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ve come up with my idea of a tabbed chat system that looks similar to this:

clanchatgw7.png

You will be able to switch between tabs just by clicking the tab you wish to enter. The default tab will be the main chat. If you open up the clan tab while you are not in a clan, you will get the same message that you would get if you opened up the clan tab. But while you are in a clan, the clan tab would display all chat messages from any member, officer, co-leader or leader in the clan, no matter where they are in the runescape world. When you are near a person in your clan and they say something in the clan chat, the message will not hover above their head. Clan chat will only be viewable through the Clan tab. Please note that if you have 'Split-Chat' set to 'on' your messages from your friends will still be viewable and if someone says something in proximity chat, the message will still be viewable in the hover-bubble above their heads.

Another clan benefit is seen through the mini-map. All clan members will appear as purple dots. The idea behind this is to help those clans that are made for the hardcore PKÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ers. Here is the example picture:

clanminimaplt6.png

If you were to right-click on a clan-mate anywhere with the "Attack ~player~" option, the players name would be in the same purple color if they are in the same clan as you. There would also be an option in the options tab to turn this feature off.

I also decided that while you are PKÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ing, attacking fellow clan members will no longer be a left-click option, no matter what their level is. So you will still be able to attack your fellow clan-mates, it just wont be the default option. This feature would be voided in areas like Castle Wars or the TzHaar Fight Pits.

And finally, the last thing about clans and the thing that has given me the most problems: CLAN WARS! The arena would be located just east of Femmy, here:

clanarenaok4.png

The main arena would have a bank and a portal. When ready, you would enter the portal to wait beside your fellow clan members. After there were at least 5 members in the waiting room, you would become eligible for a match-up. If there is another clan in the waiting room with at least 5 people, you would be matched against each other. If they had a total of 8 members in the waiting room, while you only had 5, then the 5 people out of the opposing team that would be chosen are the 5 that have the closest combat levels to the people on your team. You would be taken to a clan arena where basically anything is allowed. Food, pots, prayer, anything. It would be a simple, last-clan-standing wins type of game. If your clan wins, then you will receive some gold. The amount would be dependant on your character's level. The formula for figuring out the amount is

(combat lvl/2)10 

After the fight is over, all members on the winning team will receive their gold reward and their health and prayer will be restored. The loosing team will not receive anything, but their health and prayer will be restored. A clan match can have anywhere from 10 to 40 people, thatÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s 5 to 20 people per clan. There will also be a new teleport option on the duel ring, one that goes straight to the clan arena.

Staking!

Right before you enter a clan match there will a pop-up screen for staking. Staking would be for gold amounts ONLY, no items accepted. All players will have a chance to put money on your team (you cant bet on the other team), and the game wont start until everyone has accepted or there has been a 1 minute wait. If your team won, then you will receive a portion of what the other team staked and the money you staked would be returned to you. So if the game was a 5v5, the winning team would have to split the staked gold 5 ways. If it were a 20v20, it would have to be split 20 ways, but in a 20v20, there would probably be more people staking so tiny staking rewards shouldnt be a problem. The amount you receive from staking will be in addition to the amount you get for winning the game.

ThatÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s about all of my ideas on Clans, but just as a final thought, the tabbed clan chat could also open up into a broader idea including a tabbed trade chat, and more! All the fakes here were made by me and cannot be used without my permissionÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâæ blah-blah-blahÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâæ If you have any questions/comments/concerns feel free to post or PM me. My in-game name is Chewchewbarz, but I sometimes have my private chat to friends so no guarantees there. Thanks for reading and I would really appreciate your feed-back!!

.:SUPPORT SIGNATURES:.

I support In-Game-Clans, you can too!! Click here!

[url=http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=575902] I support In-Game-Clans, you can too!! Click here![/url]

isupportclansfm7.png

[url=http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=575902][img=http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/8191/isupportclansfm7.png][/url]

newscape450x35fa3.gif

[url=http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=531553][img=http://img369.imageshack.us/img369/3114/newscape450x35fa3.gif][/url]

I am always looking for more! All will be welcome and credit will be given!

Thanks again,

Chew

Last Updated: December 13, 2006

newbankofrsyq0.gif

isupportclansfm7.png

fixfriendsol7.gif

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Support, but I think the tab is slightly unnecessary. Why not just add another option in the Chat (on/clan/friends/hide/off)? It'll be easier to add. And a clan option to the PM and the trade/compete tabs might be useful, too.

single_skill1165514760.png

Thank the world for spell checkers.

Would people on the clan list be a different color on the minimap?

LOVE the tabbed chat idea... I wish they'd put something like that in for PMs, I hate having to click the name over and over.

I think the rank names should be editable, the clan may have a theme and want special ranks to reflect that.

untitled6kv7.gif

wilderness cape + friend list = problem sloved

runeminermb1.gif

^^ click my sig for my lesser ranging guide ^^

jwrm22: 4816th > 99 cooking 100% f2p !1172 total! + 140mil in items.

i dont play anymore... i think rs is ruined

Support, but I think the tab is slightly unnecessary. Why not just add another option in the Chat (on/clan/friends/hide/off)? It'll be easier to add. And a clan option to the PM and the trade/compete tabs might be useful, too.

Because it would make training solo alot more fun. You'd be able to chat with more than one person at a time. And its also for PK'ing clans. You would want something that broadcasted to every member of the clan, without letting the other person(s) letting you know what you were doing, wouldnt you?

Would people on the clan list be a different color on the minimap?

LOVE the tabbed chat idea... I wish they'd put something like that in for PMs, I hate having to click the name over and over.

I think the rank names should be editable, the clan may have a theme and want special ranks to reflect that.

Im pretty sure I said that people in your clan would be purple on your mini-map. Not the dark purple, but the purple that you would see if you typed something in chat (EXAMPLE-- purple: Hello everyone)

And the editable ranks would be another thing JaGex has to watch over, not to mention how much coding it would take. Also, it would be too confusing coming into a new clan and not knowing the ranks.

And I had the feeling the tabbed chat would either be a love/hate thing... oh well :D

newbankofrsyq0.gif

isupportclansfm7.png

fixfriendsol7.gif

surly one of the best ideas, ranks up there with the new banking system :thumbsup:

-support-

Edit:mabyee you could have clan "classes" like when you decide to make a clan you can choose from:

pking

mini-games

skilling

etc...

mage,mysticphonix.gif

I LOVE SMILIES =P

I think that would be too complicated.. and what would be the point anyways? Would one of the clan classes get a certain benifit over the other? Because that wouldnt be fair... Maybe you could explain a little more?

And thank you, Ive put a lot of time and effort into making all of this... I just want to get a little bit more support! (and free bumps would be nice)

:D

newbankofrsyq0.gif

isupportclansfm7.png

fixfriendsol7.gif

I support on the following conditions.

1: that it is both members and f2p

2: that the clan tab be removed and people from the clan simply appear as a diffrent coler. this is becouse I dont want anyone to miss what is said.

3: the leader can do a universial clan chat to all who are online.

and 4: there are 9 clan ranks and there names as well as capabilitys are decided by the leader.

Clan Moderator from December 15th 2006- August 20th 2007

Founder of: Terran Gamers, formerly known as Militos Deci

I support on the following conditions.

1: that it is both members and f2p

2: that the clan tab be removed and people from the clan simply appear as a diffrent coler. this is becouse I dont want anyone to miss what is said.

3: the leader can do a universial clan chat to all who are online.

and 4: there are 9 clan ranks and there names as well as capabilitys are decided by the leader.

1: It would be p2p and f2p, but the clan arena would be p2p only as another incentive (that'll make sense to JaGex) for people to go p2p

2/3: I had a universal 'message all' in my last version, but it didnt go over too well. I put in the clan tab so you could have a special place just for you're clan chatting. If someone not in your clan but within your chat 'hearing' range, then the message will still bubble over their head and if you have split-chat on your PMs would still be veiwable from there

4: NINE ranks? C'mon this isnt World of Warcraft and it wont ever be like that. Nine completely customizable ranks for every clan in Runescape would take so much coding and so much memory storage space for JaGex it wouldnt be funny. Do you know the probably reason that the bank tabs were changed from text to pictures? For the exact same reason... It would take too much space on their servers for everyone to have something different. Same concept applies here...

Sorry if you thought I was flaming you, I wasnt, but you make me realize that certain thing are a little undetailed in my main post. I will go back and attempt to correct those.

Thank you for reading all the way thru to give me your honest oppion. These are the types of posts that mean the most to me

Thank you! :)

newbankofrsyq0.gif

isupportclansfm7.png

fixfriendsol7.gif

This is deffiniatly one of the best and well thought out clan one so far! :lol:

I especially love how you split up clan chat and normal chat like that.. Really clever..

So... can I add you to the supporters list?

And was that sarcasm?

Anyway... thanks!

newbankofrsyq0.gif

isupportclansfm7.png

fixfriendsol7.gif

Clans

This is my clan topic, redone for the third time. I have done two others in the past, both of which had serious problems. I knew I could do better, and with some advice from other players I remade my clan topic into what you see here.

First off, we have the clan tab. It will be located to the left of the friends list and will work in a similar manner. As a member of the clan, you will be able to send messages through this tab, among other things that are talked about later. It will also give you the basic details about your clan such as the clan name, the leader, and the member count. If you were to right-click on the member count there would be a mini-pop-up displaying how many of each rank there are (example: 1 leader, 6 officers, 16 members, 4 peons). There would also be a limit to the number of people you could have in a clan, but Im not going to guess on specific numbers because the final count would be up to JaGex.

Before I continue, here is the picture of the clan tab:

clan31oz5.png

As you can see, there are more things to do in this tab other than inviting people and quitting. Everyone has the option to leave the clan, but only certain people have the ability to invite others. And if you were to right-click in the member display there are even more options. You could message the player, boot them, and check or change their rank. If you click on the ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¹ÃâRank:ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ option you would get a pop-up window asking what rank you wanted to change them to. If you donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t have the authority do change someone elseÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s rank, then you will just get a message saying you cant do that.

Since weÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ve talked about the ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¹Ãâchange rankÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ option, I figured it would be a good idea to talk about the different roles in a clan before continuing.

Leader

First off we have the leader, there can be only ONE of these per clan. The leader is in complete control and can do everything clan related. They can talk in clan chat (talked about more later), boot people, invite them back, promote others, and demote them when they realize it was a mistake.

Officers

Officers are second in command. They can speak in clan chat, invite people, boot people, promote others, and demote them. Officers cant change fellow officers ranks though, so officers only have control over members and peons.

Members

Members are the average person in the clan. They would be allowed to talk in clan chat.

Peons

Peons are the lowest of the low. This rank would probably be used for a punishment or an initiate ranking. Peons can only view the clan chat, they cannot talk in it.

If you are not currently in a clan and attempt to bring up the Clan Tab, you would see a message telling you information on how to start a clan. Such as, where to go, who to talk to and how much its going to cost.

To start a clan you would need to go see a Clan Master. There will be one Master located in SeersÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ Village, Varrock, Falador, and East Ardougne. When you find one and attempt to start a clan, they will tell you a few rules, such as; no racist or sexual references. To help control this, there would have to be a new report feature: Inappropriate Clan Name. After they tell you all of the rules they will warn you about the fee of starting a clan. It would be in place to help stop others from starting a quitting a clan over and over. The fee is fairly small at first, only 1,000gp, but after you first clan it will go up to 5,000gp. Following 5k is 10k, 25k and finally 50k. After you make a clan that costs 50k, the price will stop rising. If you ever wanted to make another clan, it would cost 50k again. Also, there would be a member requirement. When you start a clan you will have seven days (1 week) to find 9 more members. Any and all clans must have at least 10 members at any given time or the clan will be automatically disbanded and the clanÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s name will go back up for grabs. If for some reason your member count dropped below 10, the one week timer would start back up again and you would have seven days to find enough people. And as a side note, there are no refunds for starting a clan. So if you do, do so wisely.

After youÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ve started a clan, you can invite people in two ways. The first one weÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ve already talked about a little bit. When the ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¹ÃâInviteÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ button is clicked, the one located in the clan tab, it would give you a pop-up. The pop-up would simply ask for the name of the person that you want to invite, and an accept option or cancel option. The other one is a right-click feature. To put it simply, you right-click them, click ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¹ÃâInvite,ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ and they will get a message (like a trade or duel challenge) asking them if they would like to join your clan. HereÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s a picture of the right-click option:

inviteimthemanbh1.png

So, weÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ve gone through how to start a clan, the different roles in a clan, the clan interface, rules, how to invite people (booting is pretty obvious) and briefly mentioned a clan chat which I will go into detail now.

To help clans out, and fix a problem with my older clan systems, IÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ve come up with my idea of a tabbed chat system that looks similar to this:

clanchatgw7.png

You will be able to switch between tabs just by clicking the tab you wish to enter. The default tab will be the main chat. If you open up the clan tab while you are not in a clan, you will get the same message that you would get if you opened up the clan tab. But while you are in a clan, the clan tab would display all chat messages from any member, officer or leader in the clan, no matter where they are in the runescape world. When you are near a person in your clan and they say something in the clan chat, the message will not hover above their head. Clan chat will only be viewable through the Clan tab. Please note that if you have 'Split-Chat' set to 'on' your messages from your friends will still be viewable and if someone says something in proximity chat, the message will still be viewable in the hover-bubble above their heads.

Another clan benefit is seen through the mini-map. All clan members will appear as purple dots. The idea behind this is to help those clans that are made for the hardcore PKÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ers. Here is the example picture:

clanminimaplt6.png

I also decided that while you are PKÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ing, attacking fellow clan members will no longer be a left-click option, no matter what their level is. So you will still be able to attack your fellow clan-mates, it just wont be the default option. This feature would be voided in areas like Castle Wars or the TzHaar Fight Pits.

And finally, the last thing about clans and the thing that has given me the most problems: CLAN WARS! The arena would be located just east of Femmy, here:

clanarenaok4.png

The main arena would have a bank and a portal. When ready, you would enter the portal to wait beside your fellow clan members. After there were at least 5 members in the waiting room, you would become eligible for a match-up. If there is another clan in the waiting room with at least 5 people, you would be matched against each other. If they had a total of 8 members in the waiting room, while you only had 5, then the 5 people out of the opposing team that would be chosen are the 5 that have the closest combat levels to the people on your team. You would be taken to a clan arena where basically anything is allowed. Food, pots, prayer, anything. It would be a simple, last-clan-standing wins type of game. If your clan wins, then you will receive some gold. The amount would be dependant on your character's level. The formula for figuring out the amount is

(combat lvl/2)10 

After the fight is over, all members on the winning team will receive their gold reward and their health and prayer will be restored. The loosing team will not receive anything, but their health and prayer will be restored. A clan match can have anywhere from 10 to 40 people, thatÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s 5 to 20 people per clan. There will also be a new teleport option on the duel ring, one that goes straight to the clan arena.

Staking!

Right before you enter a clan match there will a pop-up screen for staking. Staking would be for gold amounts ONLY, no items accepted. All players will have a chance to put money on your team (you cant bet on the other team), and the game wont start until everyone has accepted or there has been a 1 minute wait. If your team won, then you will receive a portion of what the other team staked and the money you staked would be returned to you. So if the game was a 5v5, the winning team would have to split the staked gold 5 ways. If it were a 20v20, it would have to be split 20 ways, but in a 20v20, there would probably be more people staking so tiny staking rewards shouldnt be a problem. The amount you receive from staking will be in addition to the amount you get for winning the game.

ThatÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s about all of my ideas on Clans, but just as a final thought, the tabbed clan chat could also open up into a broader idea including a tabbed trade chat, and more! All the fakes here were made by me and cannot be used without my permissionÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâæ blah-blah-blahÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâæ If you have any questions/comments/concerns feel free to post or PM me. My in-game name is Chewchewbarz, but I sometimes have my private chat to friends so no guarantees there. Thanks for reading and I would really appreciate your feed-back!!

.:SUPPORT SIGNATURES:.

I support In-Game-Clans, you can too!! Click here!

[url=http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=575902] I support In-Game-Clans, you can too!! Click here![/url]

I am looking for more, especially pictures. All will be welcome and credit will be given!

Thanks again,

Chew

~Supporters~

JCeasar

Starstellar

Kill_Thomas9

Ml417

Mysticphonix

Noobish111

Last Updated: December 4, 2006

pretty cool :D

sig2-3.jpg

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.

Wow this was worth you calling my attention to, my initial reaction is it looks good. I have yet to read it fully and I've got a lot of crewbie work to do tonight.

I'll give it a full review tomorrow.

Thanks, this topic doesnt seem to be getting read a lot, and Im trying to bump up its popularity. I saw your signature bars, and I thought that would be a great way to start it off... Thanks for checking it out

And Kinggabe why'd you quote the entire thing? lol... anyways... do I have your support?

newbankofrsyq0.gif

isupportclansfm7.png

fixfriendsol7.gif