New items destroy economy.

loser36772

The main people who will worry about this are the ones who dont know how to make money without buying/selling "rare" or "valuable" items. Go cut a few yew logs, make some longs, make a few nats, alch, gg cash. People who actually use a skill or multiple to make their money, wont be affected, people who think merchanting is a get rich quick scheme, will get screwed if they suck at it, go train some skills and make some money.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

who cares?

1 item can ruin the economy for everyone, for example if the phats were to suddenly become untradeable, all skilling items will be big on demand because they dont have to get that 'uber 1337 paper' then prices of materials will go up, prices of pots, armour ect will go down... and everything will crash..

Another example -

After construction a lot of the prices of things went down because it was such a money drain so everyone wanted to seel stuff for money for it.. which caused most rares to drop, armour + whips to drop and logs + planks to skyrocket...

you realize this was actually because of a shortage of money in the game, it was all leaving due to con because it was a drainer.

The main people who will worry about this are the ones who dont know how to make money without buying/selling "rare" or "valuable" items. Go cut a few yew logs, make some longs, make a few nats, alch, gg cash. People who actually use a skill or multiple to make their money, wont be affected, people who think merchanting is a get rich quick scheme, will get screwed if they suck at it, go train some skills and make some money.

Couldn't agree more.

Slap_My_Feet.png

alright i know theres a sticky right above this for stuff relating the the new updates, but i hope people realise what the new armours do to the economy...

lvl 65 God armour...There goes anybody who has dragon...your probly going to lose almost 10 mill, if You have full dragon...

let me know if u think im wrong...

feal free to flame

You know, i'm getting real sick of ppl like you. Everytime jagex brings us a new update ppl like you have to flame it and make the same topic about how its ruining the economy. Can't you just be happy that they are actually bringing us updates?

My Main

bronzemzammyvest,nikoli40.gif

nikoli40.gif

The economy is run by 13 year olds. Inflation hits when their girlfriends dump them.

Besides, in any normal economy an influx of new items is a good shot in the arm.

since when did they have girlfriends at that age!?!?! :shock:

since when did 13-15 year old girls have big ol [bleep]s? the times are changing... I think this post might get edited but times are changing..

BTW i can careless about the f'ed up rs economy when new items come out they are usually rediculously overpriced anyway everyone knows that..

RSN: drgnslyer15

Drgnslyer15.png

15 skills 90+ - 10 skills 99 - 200m+ total exp

well at least ill be able to buy more ahrims robes.... but on a compleetely super uber smart note-this is a lesson to all those who try to store money in items. lesson to all noobie merchanters !Stay liquid! lots of real businesses die because they have old inventory and no capital. the only markets where you have a somewhat guarenteed price advantage is in bs. it is easy to go to a less crowded world and but a couple k at 150 ea then go to world 2 and sell it by the spinning wheel for 180. wow it took me 5 mins to make 200k aint i great mommie???

When in faldore do as the dwares do.Mine =).

Proud Owner of the Coal Cart Co.:High prices for the miner:Low prices for the buyer.(Temperarelly closed/Pls dont pm me untill i reopen.)

What do you suggest? Ban all new items?! No way!

Actually... One sure-fire way to prevent inflation would be to make all new items untradeable.

perfect grammar is one thing, typing like a drugged monkey and enjoying it is another

AMEN!

What do you suggest? Ban all new items?! No way!

Actually... One sure-fire way to prevent inflation would be to make all new items untradeable.

Sure-fire way for Jagex to lose the majority of their players too.

jfacsig01ti4.jpg

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I-

I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

ya this is just something that is common knowledge that will happen

prices always are crazy at first and settle down after a while we all know thats always the case never hasnt been and always never wont be (double negagtives:XD:)

CLICK - 770th to 99 SLAYER 2/4/08 - 204th to 99 Summoning 7/1/08 CLICK

tifovsigev3.jpg

Druminator17.png

[Hide=List of Drops That I haven't updated in Years but want to keep in my Sig anyways...]VISAGE DROP - 12/06/07

3 Duo Sara Hilts, 3 Duo Arma Hilts, 2 Trio Arma Hilts.

Dark Bows: (11) Dragon Boots: (50!)

Whip Drops: (42!!!) Dragon Drops: (90+!!!!!) 2 D CHAINS!, 3 D Axe, 8 D meds, 7 left halfs, 7 D legs, 6 skirts, 8 Spears[/hide]

The economy is run by 13 year olds. Inflation hits when their girlfriends dump them.

goin in my sig. <3:

Knitting. At level 1, you can make fuzzy mittens. At level 50, fuzzy rainbow sweaters. At level 99? Fuzzy pink toe socks.

Oh yeah.

'Scaper since 2002

How could that possibly affect the economy?

are you serious? perhaps not the entire economy but ive totally went to world 2 before and messed with merchants and got them to sell me stuff for rediculously low prices, verac was like 6.5-68 at this time and i was just like, ill say im buying for 6.1 and 2 people sold me sets for 6.2m after a lil while and people were going crazy and getting scared the price might drop... higher combat lvl and a determination and a lil help from people who actually believed me got me to lower the prices and i was just bored. its not that i was price manipulating i was just saying im buying for this and i never told any1 it was that price i just always said buying, and somehow people got convinced.

people, take it from some1 who convinces people of things like this constantly, i think i convinced a person the super bowl is the minor league equivalent of the world series once. if u doubt it, just dont do or say anything.. wait til u can get trustable factual help

If they became untradable. like they should be. the game would have more fun factor to it. not if you ownd a phat or not but what your stat lvls were not what goods you got or found. phats are just a fluke when jagex stopped allowing those items to be traded. if they still allowed all drops to be traded, phats would have very little value. Its rather unfair personally to everyone who joined rs after the fact. After the phats were giving out, remember phats were once as common as the boaters are today. only thing is jagex discontinued the phat.. what if they discontinued the boater?

what affect would this have on the economy, and what would you personally think that now, you cant just go do a lvl 2 clue to get a boater, you have to pay 50 mil for it.

I don't care. I'm not a merchant, and rune really gives good enough defense bonuses for about any purpose. If more defense bonus was needed, I'd pull out my Torag's. I'd rather put however many million into leveling a skill or getting a cape than an extra 20% defense bonus, which only makes a difference when you are fighting a high level monster and you have low defence.

My two cent's worth.

The economy is run by 13 year olds. Inflation hits when their friends dump them.

Besides, in any normal economy an influx of new items is a good shot in the arm.

Dumbest thing I have heard, the economy rests on the greedy and the rich. dont take a shot at the 13 year-old's when they have nothing to do with the economy. <.<