Green Dragon Killing *Now with BETTER pictures!*

thrash-boy

Green Dragon Killing

The complete guide to making $$$ with Green Dragons

Version: 1.2

This Guide is designed for:

-Around level 90 Combat (Thats what I am, and I made it)

-The Green Dragons at level 13 Wilderness

-Melee Combat

Updates / Comments:

The Original , un-updated PDF version of this guide can be downloaded from HERE (795kb) - Updated version on its way!

Comments & Ideas are appreciated! You will get credit for your ideas!

Thanks to Zandalf, Im working on some new stuff to go into the guide!

-Updates-

-All Update Times/dates are AEDST (Australian eastern daylight savings time)

Update 1.20(Sat, Dec 9): Added new Equipment picture & new Route to Dragons map

Update 1.10(Fri, Dec 8): Added Pictures & more Info from Gin_and_Tonic. Thanks Gin!

Update 1.01(Thurs, Dec 7): Added PDF Link, Fixed Tip.It Bestiary's Link

-----

Table of Contents

- 1 Introduction

- 2 Levels, Requirements & Equipment

- 3 Getting to the Dragons

- 4 Killing the dragons

- 5 Player killers ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ Avoiding them

- 6 Selling your Hides & Bones

- 7 Full Drop List

- 9 Credits

-----

-----

Introduction

Have you ever been stuck for money, needing that 2 million bad to buy a new whip, or just looking to buy something new and cant find a good way to make money? HereÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s your answer ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ Green Dragons!!!

Green dragons can make you 150-200k an hour easy, even up to 400k an hour without being very repetitive like stringing bows or fishing! The only set-back is that you require a decent melee or range level to be able to kill them easily, quickly and efficiently and they are situated in the wilderness.

If you are of decent level, willing to go into the wilderness and are looking to make some good money while still having some fun read on!

-----

-----

Levels, Requirements & Equipment

Requirements & Levels:

First of all, you need to make sure of the following thing:

ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãââ You are willing to enter the wilderness

If you are not, then go fletch or fish, because you canÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t kill green dragons!

You also need a decent combat level (60+) with a strength level of 50+ and 60 attack (60 Attack for Dragon Weapons). With those stats you could kill an almost full load if you bring extra food.

I recommend you have at least 50 defence. Prayer is not required, so donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t bring prayer pots (waste of money anyway) and magic wont hit very hard.

Bringing a Super Set (Super Attack, Strengh & Defence Potions) will make your trip about 30% faster, but is not required.

You could use range if you want, but IÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢m not covering that.

Higher levels should use a glory for fast teleport to Edgville, And should wear Black D Hide to protect from Magic Pkers.

Green dragons are level 79, and can hit 45+ without an anti-dragon shield. That means you will definitely, absolutely need an anti-dragon shield no matter weather you want to use your new obby shield or not! You can get a free one from the Duke of Lumbridge if you have started Dragon Slayer and if you donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t have one in your bank or on you already, or you can just buy one of someone for about 500-1000gp.

Green dragons will also hit a bit if you donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t wear amour of some kind. I personally use rune plate and legs (no helm, I use the addy ones the dragons sometimes drop) but your best bet would probably be to use Black Dragon Hide if you have the range level to do so. If you have some other good type of amour you could also use that.

Your weapon is very important. It should be a dragon or better one defiantly! Some good ones to use are Dragon Scimitars and WhipÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s.

You probably use a ring of life if your low level, incase you lag or away from the game when you die. Rings of wealth wont do much, so donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t worry about it. ItÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s just more to lose if you get killed.

DonÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t worry about losing your good amour or weapon, because you should only bring 3 good items. I bring rune plate and legs and my whip, and wear an addy helm that the dragons drop. I sometimes put a cape on, but generally make sure that if I die, I lose no more than 5k.

Equipment:

In your inventory you will need something to teleport (I use a falador teleport tablet) that preferably doesnÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t take up more than 1 inventory space. A teleport tablet or ectophial will work.

You will also need lobsters or better for food, but lobsters will do. I personally bring 10, and IÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢m level 90 with 73 defence. The amount you bring will depend on your level, the type of food and how many you want to kill.

If you wish also bring 1 secondary weapon, but do not bring more than 1 extra weapon.

To sum it all up, here is a picture of the items I bring. You should change things like the amount of food, or type of weapon/amour to suite you.

equipmentvc8.png

-----

-----

Getting to the Dragons

routetodragonsyo2.png

Getting to the dragons is a very simple process. You can see on the map the the route to take.

Falador Route:

First of start at Falador west bank, and make sure you have a Anti-Dragon Shield, and what ever other stuff you need to take.

Walk east to the center of Falador, then north out the gate, and follow the road north until you get to the fork in the road. Turn right (east) and follow it a short distance before going up the small stairs up the mountain a bit. Turn left and go past the People there, and keep going north past the Black Bears. Pass the mind Altar and you will be at the Wilderness entrance.

If youÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢re ready head directly north, through the Dark Wizards and a little further north.

You will now be at the Green Dragons!

Edgeville Route:

This method is quicker than the Falador route.

Start at Edgeville bank and walk north up to where the wilderness is. Turn Northwest and walk that direction. You should come apon a mine with lots of coal. If you do then your heading the right direction. If you don't then look at the map to see where you are.

using this method requires you to walk back to bank, so you cant teleport if your getting pked. You could bring a charged Glory Amulet, but you risk losing it if you do get pked.

Turn on your special attack, Run and get ready to fight the 3 level 79 green dragons!

-----

-----

Killing The Dragons

killingadragonik9.png

Killing the Green Dragons is the part that takes time, but itÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s also the part that actually makes the money.

Basically itÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s the whole point of killing the Green Dragons.

If you have a DDS switch to it and put special on. Attack a dragon or wait or one to attack you (If you attack, make sure you attack a dragon, not a player!) Do your special on the dragon and switch to your main weapon.

Fight in your style until its dead. If you get down to half health, eat a lobster (or your food).

When its dead pick up the bones, Dragon hide and if there is another good drop, get it to! If they drop an addy helmet and you donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t have a helmet on, you could use it! When your done, teleport back to Falador and start from step 3 again!

teleportingja2.png

-----

-----

Player Killers - Avoiding Them

Sooner or later, your going to have a Player-Killer (Pker) after you. If you do have one start attacking you there are several things you should do to get away.

1. If necessary, Teleport

2. Eat food to last longer while you try run

3. Use protect prayers if you have prayer

4. Try and get a dragon to attack you, so the Pker canÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t.

5. If youÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢re Tele-blocked, try make a Dragon attack you. Take of your weapon so you donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t hit much and just fight the Dragon slowly, hitting low with no weapon until the Tele-block wears off or run to a safe spot, log out and log back in again. That gets rid of a Teleblock.

6. Only engage Pkers in combat if they are low level, and you think they will be easy to kill.

There are also several signs to show a Pker before they start attacking:

1. If there standing there waiting for you to finish a fight

2. If they donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t have a anti-dragon shield, and/or have other abnormal dragon fighting equipment

3. If they have a skull

4. Some Pkers use Ancient Magic, With a friend to TeleBlock

-----

-----

Selling Your Hides & Bones

boneshidesku0.png

So, you have killed 50, 100 or more dragons, and youÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ve had enough and want your pay? HereÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s the rewarding part, itÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s time to sell your Bones & Hides!

The best place to sell your bones and hides is just west of the Falador east bank on world 2. You should also advertise on the forums!

Once youÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ve sold them, look forward to buying all those new, expensive items youÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ve wanted so bad!

-----

-----

Full Drops List

Here is a list of ever item Green Dragons drop. It was taken from HERE, the Tip.it bestiary.

Gold: 1-450.

100%: Dragon bones, Green dragonhide.

Weapon: Steel battleaxe, Mithril axe, Mithril spear, Rune dagger, Rune javelin(5), Dragon spear

Armour: Steel platelegs, Steel platebody, Steel full helm, Mithril

kiteshield, Mithril sq shield, Adamant full helm, Rune full helm

Runes/Arrows: Water(75), Fire(37), Nature(15), Laws(3)

Misc: Herbs, Bass, Adamant ore, Uncut gems, Half key, Shield left

half(dragon), Nature talisman, Clue(lvl 3)

-----

-----

Credits

Original Guide: Thrash Boy

Thanks to:

ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãââ Tip.it for Full Drops List & Other Information

ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãââ Gin_and_Tonic (RSN: Timmy eng) for information on Required Levels, Equipment & Other General Info

ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãââ JoeDaStudd for Equipment suggestions. Thanks Joe

ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãââ Zandalf for Edgeville bank suggestion.

Dont bump this thread after 15minutes :roll:

Im 55 Strength, 60 defence, 60 attack (i use D long), and i can get a full invent - Take a super set, and its about 30% faster.

Also, its better to take a glory if you're a high level for easy teleport to edge - Wear Black d hide as you'll get mage pked -.-... (nub pkers) An anti fire pot helps also, if you dont want to get hit as often.

If you get teleblocked, run to a safe place, and LOG OUT - That gets rid of a TB.

I've found most pkers at green infact use ancients, with a TB mate.

Tbh, you best bet is to wear Black d hide full, with either Addy help or Zerker... Dont take a DDs and that will provoke the Pker... Take a ring of life for safety - Teletabs are key if you want more space.

Most nub pkers wear Ghost robes anyway, so if you spec is full, dont be afraid to try your luck at killing one - I've got a good few kills with melee, and im not pure, and i dont like melee...

Add the pictures to your guide also, they're not working.

thanks for the tips guys. im going to add the pics now, and add some of those tips you gave me. Thanks

EDIT: Ive added pictures, as well as make a few small changes. Keep the comments, ideas and suggestions coming!

Nice guide :)

A few suggestions-

• [*:20bu2wp5]Either suggest that people use edge bank/tele, or explain why you would have people walk farther...[*:20bu2wp5]Explain how to 3-item effectively - i.e. what protects over whips, dds, d scimmys, etc. [*:20bu2wp5]Point out the other green dragon locations. The one you discuss is the biggest PKing hotspot in the whole game.[*:20bu2wp5] Don't bump your thread. On this forum, it's considered rude. O:)

There are 10 types of people in the world:

* Those who understand binary

* Those who don't

- - -

Greatest J Mod Quote Ever / My bug collection / Raise your agility! / What exactly is "Anti-scam"?

A little more explaination would be good.

Also you could include low cost items in your inventory, eg. climbing boots only 14gp (i think) and gives +2 strength, low lvl metal gloves only cost about 3k for mith/andy and give a nice bonus.

Anyway not a bad guide, keep up the good work.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

wow! thanks for the guide!

i tried it a couple mins ago!

and i got pked!

thanks again for the guide!

Im happy you inspired me to dragon hunt!

total profit:

I love green dragon slaying.

One thing ppl do when theyre gonna pk u is they see you on their minimap and wait for the yellow dot to go away, then they rush you really fast and dds spec u. I really hate when they do that. Stupid pures <.< anyways i might try this l8er, im training atm.

i r tink tht a11 ppl shud use g00d gr@m3r since g00d gr@m3r is ftw.

Very nice guide, I like killing dragons, easier than fighting people for blue dragons. I use monks instead, hm never thought about using a glory. I know what you mean when you say "click the dragon, not the player" happened to me and happened to be a pure hit a 15, 16 dd special on me. Lost everything but this pays well enough to cost the death penalty easily. I like to right click and make sure I don't click on the wrong thing. Saves you from a thrashing later on in the long mile ahead this dreary road. BWT awsome guide.

Some tips:

Run to skeletons east to avoid getting killed, from there tele.

Buy climbing boots and some gloves. I think bronze-rune gloves are profitable. Same with climbing.

If anyone remembers me... PM ME. having nostaligia issues D: