Merchanting 101 - Nuclear_man2's guide to Merchanting V5.0GE

Nuclear_man2

tissueear - yup ty

madjamie13 - superheat rune, use the al kharid furance to smelt, also hire army of smelters to smelt bars for me (for a fee).

Sxcybob123 - i only use the methods above really, but u can merchant just about anything because nothing really has a stand price (like not everyone buys rune kites at 55k ea (some might buy 50ea). I find the fletching way gets annoying (if u smith the tips and then make arrows) however if u just bought and sold arrows it might work well (expectally for rune arrows (buy like 300-350 sell 400ea)).

The_orange_cabbage - i beilve theres sentance that says it a long guide at the top of the guide (says its like 13 or 14 pages on microsoft word).

I'm working on starting a web design buisness and a book

Goals-90M/100M-Top 2.0k In Smith-26m as F2P(+lvl 79 Smith)

United SmeltersÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ Association-Founder

Nuclear Co. MSC-Owner

My Merchanting Guide

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10/10 Great guide. I made these calculations fom 30 smithing and 44k to 99 smithing and 119M. Must take a long time...

(100[iron ore]*80[buy price])+(200[coal ore]*180[buy price]) =

44000[gp spent]

100[steel bars]*600[sell price] =

60000[gp earned]

60000[gp earned]-44000[gp spent] =

16000[extra cash]

100[steel bars]*17.5[exp each] =

1750[exp total]

13021068[30 smithing]/1750[exp total] =

7440.610286[times til 99]

7441[times til 99]*16000[extra cash each 100 bars] =

119056000[ending money][119M]

fsmbanner1.jpg

wizjany - hmmm i might use that calculatio in my guide

and yea it would take a long time

im at 86 smith and 40m, and im only about 30% maybe to lvl 99 smith.

so ill probably have at least 100m by the time i get to 99 smith. which isnt bad considering it cost about 100m to get to 99 smith if u do it the fastest way (buy bars -> smith the best pl8 bodies u can make then alch them (exepct for iron pl8s just sell them)).

Nuclear Co. MSC-Owner

My Merchanting Guide

wizjany - hmmm i might use that calculatio in my guide

and yea it would take a long time

im at 86 smith and 40m, and im only about 30% maybe to lvl 99 smith.

so ill probably have at least 100m by the time i get to 99 smith. which isnt bad considering it cost about 100m to get to 99 smith if u do it the fastest way (buy bars -> smith the best pl8 bodies u can make then alch them (exepct for iron pl8s just sell them)).

I would make claculations with actual smithing not smelting ony, but if I did smelt and smith i have to add the exp and that would take to long unless there is a standard to smith because of the number of bars each object takes.

fsmbanner1.jpg

I totally based whether or not and how to form my company based on yours. I still look up to you as a merchanter and consider you as far better of a store than I am. I'm still not sure whether I will buy/sell mith, addy, and rune ores. I may, I'm just not sure if people would buy :?

Excellent guide,

MF

And good luck in the future w/ your company.

MarketplaceFad - weather to base it on mine or not is up to you. As for buying and selling for mith, addy and rune ore, its not so much weather people will buy or sell... its weather there willing to buy or sell at the prices u are after.

Nuclear Co. MSC-Owner

My Merchanting Guide

hi, its me agian lol. ive already made mil wid guide, and that was only on weekend! ive nearly finished 2k load of steel bars and was just wonderin, how do u trust the people u hire to smelt 4 u? like ur givin them ores and cash, cudnt they just nick it? ty anyway, coz of u, im finally gonna get full dragon :D

hi, its me agian lol. ive already made mil wid guide, and that was only on weekend! ive nearly finished 2k load of steel bars and was just wonderin, how do u trust the people u hire to smelt 4 u? like ur givin them ores and cash, cudnt they just nick it? ty anyway, coz of u, im finally gonna get full dragon :D

simple really* u dont...

they get some bars for you (i have them get at least 250) then trade those bars for ores+cash.

ya i dont quite make as much as i could... my company is big but not really effient. and i dont invest a ton of time into it maybe a few hours aday... and i could probably get ores+bars for cheaper from fally east bank but i really dont like yelling "buying this" and "selling that" all day. Id rather smith and have them come to me.

*Corrected typo.

Nuclear Co. MSC-Owner

My Merchanting Guide

Awsome guide. I used to merchant, but i felt it was kinda immoral. I suggest adding a section about merchanting furies, which was what I did. About 700k each time. Basically, buy 33.333k chaos runes. Sell to tzharr rune shop, get 300k tukkul, buy onyx, sway onyx and 25k for fury. You spend about 4.2 some for a fury :P

Owned_Nex.png

Dungeoneering isn't a skill.

I'm faster than bots at Sorceress Garden.

PM me if you want to chat. My PM is always off.

My keyboard is on fire. Want some?

Good guide!

But to much focus on smithing and mining...Try to make more merchanting ways open for new merchanters, by telling about, for example, willow logs merchanting.

Overall: 7/10!

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

8/10, good guide but like swedishboy sayd, try other methods to, i got one, add Xanotex if you want \'

ooh eeh ooh ahah, ting tang wallawallabingbang m8

Xanotex + Xanotex - its focused on Mining+smithing because its what i do... but it also says that basicly anything can be merchanted. And because i mechant those... its more focused on them... however the methods can be applied to just about anything.

your free to subbit any merchanting method you feel like (also never really saw much profit in merchanting willows so enlighten me).

Nuclear Co. MSC-Owner

My Merchanting Guide

good guide, but i tried your methods and it turned out that every1 is sellin coal/irons at 200/100+, i cant seem to get a good offer... can any1 help me with that?

goto to worlds like... 1,3,4,5,7,8 and other almost full worlds (1,900+ people, i find f2p worlds work best (as there are better ways for members to make money). and try fally east bank... remember to world hope if u dont see any sellers in like 2 minutes or so.

ill have to include this comment in tips section, or make a FAQ section.

Nuclear Co. MSC-Owner

My Merchanting Guide