Bbq's Guide To Merchanting (All my secrets)

bbq_sauce

Over my months playing on the w99 RuneScape server with my fellow tip.iters, i have been asked how i made my money. Merchanting. This was a simple answer, but everyone wanted to know what i merchanted, the prices i payed, and how i did it at such a low combat level.(Like that had anything to do with it.)

Merchanting is the single simplest way to make money, besides finding a 12m deathpile at the Barrows or somewhere else. To merchant, you need a skill. Any skill will do, woodcutting, fishing, mining, runecrafting. Anything profitable, because you will need starting money.

I started my merchanting ways with a simple quest and a bit of mining. Rune ess was easy to get and easier to sell. I began selling it after i mined it as any simple person would, but then.. I wanted a skill, so i collected my ess. I wasnt all money oriented anymore. My Rune ess accumulated.

After i had around, oh say.. 5k rune ess, i started making Air runes. Yes, air runes are the secret to all my money in runescape. I made around 15k air runes and sold them all to a member, as i was f2p, for an amazing 20 coins each. My first 300k, and i was only level 3!! I began browsing the members forums in search of something to buy, I saw a post; The World 16 Air Company. This intrigued me. I stopped by with all my money in hand and saw runners and crafters. A smooth running buisness. With all this chaos of people running around, high levels yelling "Open", i had no idea what was going on, cuz i didnt read the post. But i started yelling, "Buying all airs, 15 coins each!!" I got many many trades, and spent all my money on airs. 20k air runes!! I decided to sell to the same person i had before and for the same price. 400k in less than 15 minutes, when i had only had 300k minutes before.

This all continued untill i had my first 1 million coins, just as simple as it had been when i was just starting out. AS i got larger amounts of airs, the numbers became harder and harder to sell. So i dropped my prices around 2 coins and they went like mad. I was still gaining money but not as much as i could have. At most i had between 475k-500k air runes in my posession. It was amazing, I had over 6.5 million coins, this was the most money i had everseen, besides the guy wearing a Party Hat crafting runes.

As I moved on to other things, i merchanted different items, all unique in their own way due to prices. I gained money, lost money, but profited all the same.

Merchanting is risky, and it takes time. But if you have learned to do it, i wish you the best in your money making lifetime.

Bbq--sauce

(hyt-noob)

502qmav.jpg

thats right, zoidnerd stole MY sig.

it just a pity that airs is incredibly hard to sell now, even for 15ea.

I think this is mostly because of the ease of crafting multiple airs... What a pity!

Lillefix0.png

Currently selling: 15k air runes for 225k (15ea)

6k steel bars for 3.6m (600ea)

if you craft them yourself, and let people run for you,

you will only make profit if you get 5 airs per essence.

ess: 28*25=700

runner: 2k

airs:28*5=140 airs

140*20=2.8k

2.8-2.7=100gp profit each run

100/28=3.571 profit each essence

1000*3.571=3571 gp

so you won't make much profit with this if you've got 5 each air.

6 each air instead of that will give you more profit, 660, 23571 gp each k ess

7 each ess will make 1220, 43571 gp

8 each ess will make 1780, 63571 gp

see the pattern?

20k more each multiplication.

hope this helps,

But the great profit is that you get runecrafting xp!!!

www.utus[LikelyScam] cool game !

As far as I know, it used to be like that...

Currently Air runes are 15 ea.

Not 20... So I'm afraid this won't work anymore (just like Eyes of Newt are 60 gp now instead of 250 gp :( )

summersignature.png angel2w.gif

"A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do"

[Currently playing: K1ll L1f3]

the newts sell for 250 each but they buy at 200 each...

runeminermb1.gif

^^ click my sig for my lesser ranging guide ^^

jwrm22: 4816th > 99 cooking 100% f2p !1172 total! + 140mil in items.

i dont play anymore... i think rs is ruined

this isn't really a guide, more of a story.

Signature3.gif

With so many trees in the city you could see the spring coming each day until a night of warm wind would bring it suddenly in one morning. Sometimes the heavy cold rains would beat it back so that it would seem that it would never come and that you were losing a season out of your life. But you knew that there would always be the spring as you knew the river would flow again after it was frozen. When the cold rains kept on and killed the spring, it was as though a young person had died for no reason. In those days though the spring always came finally but it was frightening that it had nearly failed.