making more things f2p friendly ok people i said some things

graverobber666

dont u agree we should have more things for f2p people so they can have fun. like add some mini games for them and make some more skills for them and wepons and armour the reason alot of f2p people r f2p is beacuse they dont have the 5 dollers a month i mean i dont and all my friends dont just think about it jagex plzzzzzz thnx rsn:djdylan77

i said some things not all listen u people god i swear

maxsig28nv.gif

Well.. If Jagex decided to add minigames, skills, and weekly updates, nobody would have any reason to become member. Remember, RuneScape is around to make money for them, not just a free way to use your time. You are lucky to even have a F2P, because many MMORPGs have a limited trial, when Runescape's is unlimited.

x9whitey9x.jpg

The code in my sig should say 1032 not 0132.

Well.. If Jagex decided to add minigames, skills, and weekly updates, nobody would have any reason to become member. Remember, RuneScape is around to make money for them, not just a free way to use your time. You are lucky to even have a F2P, because many MMORPGs have a limited trial, when Runescape's is unlimited.

Even though I'm F2p, I agree. I think the only thing F2p needs is a new quest and maybe another row of bank space. And a lot less "noobs". And please, your spelling, creator this thread, hurts my eyes. Honestly.....5 bucks is nothing. I spend almost that on lunch when I have to buy school lunch. Pizza-$2.75 Soda-$1. My school overcharges.

Off topic: The only reason I'm not a member is I can't get the 5 bucks to Jagex. Or the 60 bucks. Or whatever.

single_skill1165514760.png

Thank the world for spell checkers.

if you can afford a computer and internet you can afford 5 dollars a month, if you don tthink you can then your lazy, even if your not old enough for a job mowing someone lawn once a month or cleaning someones yard will earn you 5 dollars..... -.-

clansig7.gif

You should keep in mind that F2P is the "demo" version to get players into Runescape so they buy members. I think it should be left as it is, with the occasional but rare update.

Expecting a good life because you're a good person is like expecting a bull not to charge because you're a vegetarian.

Even though I'm F2p, I agree. I think the only thing F2p needs is a new quest. And a lot less "noobs". And please, your spelling, creator this thread, hurts my eyes. Honestly.....5 bucks is nothing. I spend almost that on lunch when I have to buy school lunch.

Off topic: The only reason I'm not a member is I can't get the 5 bucks to Jagex. Or the 60 bucks. Or whatever.

ya my lunch is 1.85...if you cant pay 5 bucks..come on....

and yes this game isabout the only big one that has a unlimited free trial basicly...i agree itcould use a good quest for maybe lv. 70+ and maybe a weak minigame but not a bunch of junk...(i wish there werent noobs in f2p...anywhere you go there is)

Dr_Brinner.png

Even though I'm F2p, I agree. I think the only thing F2p needs is a new quest. And a lot less "noobs". And please, your spelling, creator this thread, hurts my eyes. Honestly.....5 bucks is nothing. I spend almost that on lunch when I have to buy school lunch.

$5 is nothing to you... Some families cannot afford to waste $5 on a game. The main reason I am not a member is because I have to choose between meals and the "expansion set" of runescape. (By the way, I'm in Canada so it is about $8 or more, depending on how I would have to pay.)

The relationship between Members and Free Players is not Full Version and Trial/Demo Version; there is too much content in F2P for that, not to mention no time trials. Also, keep in mind F2P was there long before Members, so F2P is not a "Demo". The relationship between Members and Free Players is more like Premium Version and Normal Version; as the comparative amount of gameplay is not a factor as to whether a version is a trial of another or not.

As for bankspace? No, F2P does not need more bankspace. If you do, either you aren't a very good organiser or you are keeping a lot of junk/holiday items. Remember, holiday items can be destroyed and claimed at Diango's when you want to wear them. As for more content for F2P, I doubt very much JAGeX would do that, as they have no reason to. The current F2P version is enticing enough to attract thousands of new players every day.

Why do you resist? My experiments are only helping humanity push the boundaries of the Art of Toxicology... you should be proud to be one of my victims.

~Toxicologist~

if you can afford a computer and internet you can afford 5 dollars a month, if you don tthink you can then your lazy, even if your not old enough for a job mowing someone lawn once a month or cleaning someones yard will earn you 5 dollars..... -.-

Hmm... lets see. My parents got me my computer and they pay for the internet. I can pay $5 a month but I have no credit card, my parents check everything I try to mail, and my parents would kill me if I paid using my cell phone cuz it would run the bill up.

And Toxicologist f2p isn't the normal version with members being premium because f2p get what, like 2% of the world. What game gives you the other 98% for premium? F2p is a demo.

Hmm... lets see. My parents got me my computer and they pay for the internet. I can pay $5 a month but I have no credit card, my parents check everything I try to mail, and my parents would kill me if I paid using my cell phone cuz it would run the bill up.

And Toxicologist f2p isn't the normal version with members being premium because f2p get what, like 2% of the world. What game gives you the other 98% for premium? F2p is a demo.

if your parents wont let you then thats not jagex's fault, why should they give you free things?if i walked into walmart and asked if i could have something for free are they going to give it to me simply because i say i deserve it?

clansig7.gif

I am not a member because i don't have the guts to ask my parents for a membership, they think the computer is the devil itself.

Personally I don't think any new idea for F2P will work, that's the reason I suggest things only for members.

I'm back.

ok listen. F2p has recently gotten more updates then ever before. You've gotten the STronghold of Security, home teleport, skill tutors and the bank in lumby. Please, just stop asking for all this stuff because it just won't happen. become a member, it's worth it and 5 bucks is easy enough to get. It's actually lower than the minimum wage per hour. There will be no new skills, no new miningames or anything, just pay the money.

ok listen. F2p has recently gotten more updates then ever before. You've gotten the STronghold of Security, home teleport, skill tutors and the bank in lumby. Please, just stop asking for all this stuff because it just won't happen. become a member, it's worth it and 5 bucks is easy enough to get. It's actually lower than the minimum wage per hour. There will be no new skills, no new miningames or anything, just pay the money.

perfectly said, jagex spolied them with all the new updates, now they think they "deserve" an update every couple months. Those updates were a 1 time thing stop asking for things you dont deserve.

clansig7.gif

perfectly said, jagex spolied them with all the new updates, now they think they "deserve" an update every couple months. Those updates were a 1 time thing stop asking for things you dont deserve.

I agree there will be no new skills and no mini-games for F2P. Why? Because we do not NEED them. However, I also believe that F2P does need some of the other things suggested. Bank space, being the major one.

I agree there will be no new skills and no mini-games for F2P. Why? Because we do not NEED them. However, I also believe that F2P does need some of the other things suggested. Bank space, being the major one.

bank space is the one thing f2p needs i think, my pure can barely fit his armor, food, pking loot and such, i don tthink it would be that big of a deal too add 5 spaces or more

clansig7.gif

bank space is the one thing f2p needs i think, my pure can barely fit his armor, food, pking loot and such, i don tthink it would be that big of a deal too add 5 spaces or more

I have a pure that's like level 15 or something, and already has a half fun bank. That's why I'm a supporter of more bank space.

And oh yeah, has anyone noticed that it's mainly the NEW players that are asking for updates? The F2Pers from before 2005 are used to no updates, and tend to not act for them. But just look at the past 5 pages in this board, find all the F2P suggestions, and see when the suggestor joined, or his stats.

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.

maybe his parent wont let him to pay 5$ like mine.only way is pay by paypal(cash) wich is 8 $,or phone(wich not work very often)

if his parents wont let him its not jagex fault, f2p is lucky they get this game for free anyway

clansig7.gif

maybe his parent wont let him to pay 5$ like mine.only way is pay by paypal(cash) wich is 8 $,or phone(wich not work very often)

if his parents wont let him its not jagex fault, f2p is lucky they get this game for free anyway

So let me guess... You are a member? Typical view for a member.

Without F2P, runescape loses its population without new members joining. It dies. Jagex goes bankrupt. End-o-story. With F2P people get a chance to try it out, see if they like it, if not they quit, Jagex barely notices. If they like it, they continue, most eventually buying a membership. Those that don't contribute to the income through ads. Either way, Jagex gets money, even if it is a little less than members provide.

Without F2P, runescape loses its population without new members joining. It dies. Jagex goes bankrupt. End-o-story. With F2P people get a chance to try it out, see if they like it, if not they quit, Jagex barely notices. If they like it, they continue, most eventually buying a membership. Those that don't contribute to the income through ads. Either way, Jagex gets money, even if it is a little less than members provide.

What did he say wrong? Are you saying that the statement "If parents won't let them pay, it isn't JAGeX's fault" is false? So... does JAGeX have to BEG parents to let their kids pay for membership?

As for F2P is lucky to get a free version, yes; F2P is lucky. No one is denying that F2P holds quite an importance in Runescape, but neither can you deny that it is lucky that Runescape has an F2P version. Remember, most other MMORPGs of any sufficient quality are not free at all.

However, even if we agree F2P holds quite some importance, explain to me why this justifies F2P getting updates. Do you really think F2P getting more stuff will attract more people? I doubt it. People don't just play F2P and immediately see all that it has to offer: it is a gradual process. And those who are able to pay for membership would generally be convinced to get it before they have finished through all the contents of F2P. Giving more stuff to F2P will not increase in influx of members by much, although some bitter members may leave. There is nothing in it for JAGeX except for kindness, so it is highly unlikely they would update F2P to any great degree.

Why do you resist? My experiments are only helping humanity push the boundaries of the Art of Toxicology... you should be proud to be one of my victims.

~Toxicologist~

i support, however im f2p to.

i dont have a credit to pay with, or a phone to call for (holland dont have that option)

dibujillole3.png

^click to visit my blog! And if u got some spare hammers for my collection, i will always take them just pm me :)

5743th with cooking 99!--8 november 2006--

16361st with str 99! --15 april 2007--

35000th with Attack 99! --20 June 2008--

29524th with Hitpoints 99! --3 August 2008--

What did he say wrong? Are you saying that the statement "If parents won't let them pay, it isn't JAGeX's fault" is false? So... does JAGeX have to BEG parents to let their kids pay for membership?

As for F2P is lucky to get a free version, yes; F2P is lucky. No one is denying that F2P holds quite an importance in Runescape, but neither can you deny that it is lucky that Runescape has an F2P version. Remember, most other MMORPGs of any sufficient quality are not free at all.

However, even if we agree F2P holds quite some importance, explain to me why this justifies F2P getting updates. Do you really think F2P getting more stuff will attract more people? I doubt it. People don't just play F2P and immediately see all that it has to offer: it is a gradual process. And those who are able to pay for membership would generally be convinced to get it before they have finished through all the contents of F2P. Giving more stuff to F2P will not increase in influx of members by much, although some bitter members may leave. There is nothing in it for JAGeX except for kindness, so it is highly unlikely they would update F2P to any great degree.

If you read my post, I mention nothing about parental permission. I was simply showing why we are not LUCKY we get to play for free.