How to be a shark fisher...

archer11

id appreciate if someone got a screeny of some common fishing random events. please make a decent size.

OK, my rs name is tkd 11 14 02 (look me up and youll see im a VERY experinced fisher). Well, heres a guide to fishing sharks, which can be very boring at times, but is very rewarding. this guide will show you how to fish them (easy part) and how to sell them (hard part)

index:

1.0 fishing

1.1 random events

1.2 not catching fishing insanity

2.0 selling

2.1 cooking (or exchanging)

2.2 actully selling

2.3 scammers

conclusion

(very easy)

1.0 Fishing is as simple as killing goblins. but there are some things to make sure of when you are fishing, just simply click on the spot and fish. i recommend the fishing guild above all else, but if you prefer another spot be my guest. i like the fishing guild because

1. no people with constant questions about fishing, you have to be 68 fishing to get in which means you need alot of fishing experince.

2. the bank is closer then in catherby, the town where you probably leveled up to 68, or possibly up to 76.

3. there are tons of spots, infact usally theres 2 of the same fishing spots at one dock which comes in use when the whirlpool threatens.

4. there are usally more mods, meaning people dont spam and dont act bad (sad but true, almost everyone acts good around mods)

now for the equipment...

you of course you need harpoons for fishing sharks, and heres what i prefer

barbtailedharpoongt6.png

barb-tailed harpoons are weildable, and pretty easy to get, just go out to the feldip hills and find where the barb tailed kebbits are, people are usally dropping them. Or you can get one yourself by using your hunter skill, and the last option i would suggest is buying one.

now heres the old fashion harpoon.

regularharpoonxw6.png

these are easily obtainable through the first house you enter in the fishing guild (below is show where to get them)

harpoonrespawnwq7.png

ok, after the all important pointy harpoon, we have your other gear. i recommend some light armoring, as the trolls (explained next section) can kill very easily. i also recommend something nice to wear, as something i know as fishing insanity will build up over time and the nice gear will delay it.

some things you have to watch out for...(please supply images for these events)

trollspd0.png

1. trolls, enemy number one. these guys have tons strength as they try to steal your fish. but if you have a high defense or protect melee, there easy to kill. make sure your watching on your screen at all times while fishing.

2. mr. hyde, he's delayed by asking you to give him some guam herb (why would a fisher ever have that?) but he changes into a horrible beast after awhile. answer him at all costs.

dwarfgo1.png

3. drunken dwarf, on of the most annoying. hes a bit to drunk and gives you some of da good stuffs, (a kebab and beer), just answer him otherwise he starts throwing rocks

4. rick turpentine, very bad guy even though hes trying to redeem himself. just answer him or he'll shoot a crossbow at you.

5. bug swarm, just run away.

sandwichladyiu8.png

6.sandwich lady, answer her or your going to end up being hit by one of the best weapons in the game, the legendary baguette.

frogprincessno8.png

7. the frog princess, the dreaded vile frog princess. kiss her, and she turns into a human and only gives you a token as thx.

evilplantal8.png

8.EVIL PLANT, he sneaks up on a group of people, no one knows whos it is so everyones testing it but the person that owns it

1.2 fishing insanity

to avoid this:

fishinginsanityqy7.png

you must choose one of these options

1. talk! if you talk, and get into an interesting discussion, it makes the time pass oh so quickly.

2. look on other sites, if you have a good enough internet you should be able to look at two sites at once

3. find a physical activity you can do while watching your character. i practice my juggling, so the hours past oh so quickly...

4. make a guide, which is what im doing currently. this should only be done when you have alot of time from fishing...

2.0 selling

ok, this is the time of profit. To bring all your work to the climax, but this is one of the hardest parts. your goal should be to sell as quick as you can, and for a good price. below is a good example of doing this goal.

2.1 cooking or exchanging

if you dont want to cook, skip this part, but keep in mind your losing money by not cooking them. and dont use the forums, its possible to wait two hours to have a person buying only one hundred of your 1k sharks.

for those who want to make more money, follow this...

the best way to cook or exchange is the rogues den. to cook, click on emereld benidict and use one of the fires.this is a much quicker place, even Zezima uses it, this is the hotspot for cookers.

to exchange, which is much quicker, get your sharks noted and say the following "exchanging (# of sharks) raw sharks for (same amount)". you should get a person interested very fast. otherwise just switch worlds and try again.

2.2 actully selling

ok, this is a big part to follow all instructions. first off, go to the right place.

the fishing guild is not a good selling spot. the right spot is edgeville.

now you need the right world. go to the official pking world (world 18). it may take some work to get in, but if you have internet explorer (dont know about other stuff) just press the back button, then the forward button untill you see it open.

now once your in, turn your public chat to friends. its easier just to ignore everybody while selling because theres so many offers goin on at once.

now start wildly repeating "selling cooked sharks 1k ea!". 1k may be higher then everyone elses, but its worth waiting the miniute longer for a little higher price. keep repeating that, the pkers will know the drill when they put up money without saying anything. 1k ea makes it easy to calculate also, 100k will get 100, 76k will get them 76 sharks, and so on(they will buy in increments, so be patient till your down to about 100). when your down to 100, say "selling 100 sharks 1k ea, must buy all!".

2.3 scammers

pkers are one of the most heartless type of people ever. they have to be to kill other people and not care. remember to ALWAYS follow these rules while selling.

1. watch the first screen before you watch the second screen, watch to see if theres movement, if there is, this gives you extra time to report the person.

2. watch the second screen, make sure you caught everything. if you didnt, dont press accept, just dont press anything and copy down the scammers name, then decline and report him.

3. make sure everything is how you want it. if your selling 1k ea, your going to get 1k ea, not 999 ea.

4. never trade sharks for items.

5. NEVER LEAVE THE BANK AREA WHILE SELLING PERIOD, YOU CAN BE LURED INTO THE WILD EASILY SINCE YOUR IN EDGEVILLE, AND YOU KNOW THAT THE BANK IS SAFE!

6. watch names that are confusing, 1 3 3 5 is a hard name to report, and some people use these names to scam.

conclusion!:

follow this and you are following the exact procces that i do when shark fishing. you can alter it a little, but its made me moderatly rich.

(just a few of my things)

inventoryss0.png

Beware of the Sara Trio

saratriosignaturerl8.png

oh but it has! im 90 fishing, my highest skill. i make a million easily, its just that i find it a luxury to have the money, but feel like "naa, i dont like that" to a santa. i could easily go for a rare item anytime i wanted :) currently fishing to 99, lob fishing, i have 7k raw lobs in bank.

Beware of the Sara Trio

saratriosignaturerl8.png

sharks is not even close to being quickest xp, but there's lots to profit from shark fishing and I'm trying to get a shark head!

Quickest method to lvling is the same old feather fly fishing method. Anywhere between 30k and upwards xp/hour.

rs name is da same

Skill Total: 2053+

Combat Lvl: 125

runescape2us0.jpg

Barb-tail harpoons are useful because you can wield them, meaning a full 28 sharks per load instead of 27. Might want to add that you can wield them....

Also, fix the gammer issues please...

decedenthope.png

Killed Hobgoblin Champion: 1/28/07

The economy is run by 13 year olds. Inflation hits when their girlfriends dump them. Besides, in any normal economy an influx of new items is a good shot in the arm.

does barb harpoon increase your chances of catching sharks or it's just for decoration purposes like strung rabbitt foot :ohnoes:

No, the only advantage the barbed harpoon has is that it is wield-able, freeing 1 more inventory space for fish.

perfect grammar is one thing, typing like a drugged monkey and enjoying it is another

AMEN!

Good organization on this guide. While you've given good tips on trading safety and Edge world 18, there is really no new info in this guide.

You covered your topic well but need something meatier (wider scope) to make a real guide. I look forward to your next guide. Thanks!

This will be locked in a few days.

gallery_28257_123_2330.jpggallery_28257_123_196.gif

it's a lot easier to get over yourself when you look at intelligence the same way you look at beauty, or height, or eye color: being smart is easy, but being good is hard ... being smart is handed to you, being good is handed to *nobody*.

Barb-tail harpoons are useful because you can wield them, meaning a full 28 sharks per load instead of 27. Might want to add that you can wield them....

Also, fix the gammer issues please...

:-s :XD: :lol:

wierdimage.jpg

Apparently I am 24 yrs old, live in Cali have a fertility problem with a guy name Ken. :shock:

boy, i havent been here in a while, well to a few questions, yes sharks get WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY faster with your level, and so does your patience. and no to if you can detect the sandwich lady, and niles either (may they be killed by a mutant chicken)

Beware of the Sara Trio

saratriosignaturerl8.png

is there a way to detect sandwich lady when doing afk fishing?

it is the only random that make no sound at all...

To make sure you don't get killed by a random, only click once. Click on the spot, and wait for about 5-10 seconds, making 100% sure that you aren't being attacked. When it's safe, you can afk all you want. That's how I do all my afk work (Fishing, Cooking, Fletching, etc).

~~Let The Dragon ride again, on the winds of time~~

dragonrebornkr1.jpg

I've always felt as if I'm the only person who can understand the concept of sarcasm on the internet.