Stupidity, can it be helped?

Buckeyemange

I've been told by many different things (test scores, teachers, parents, other kids, ext...) that I am an "above average" student. I'm in honors math and english, and (as an eight grader) i'm taking a freshman French class.

I have noticed in my middle school that there are four kinds of people in the intelligence area...

1. The Smart kids who pass everything pretty easily

2. The average kids who get by on B's and C's

3. Those kids who have trouble in school, and they really try, but cannot pass.

4. The kids who could be smart, but don't try.

It's that fourth group that I cannot stand. Those who have an I.Q. lower than room temperature, but could be so much more. They get D's or F's because they don't try, but blame it on something or someone else. Those people who don't seem to even care where they end up, and those who I resist the temptation to say "See you in 10 years, don't spit in my Big Mac."

I ask, can it be helped? Can a person who doesn't work be molded into a good student? Or is it a real problem that they have no work ethic?

Furthermore, another question I have is where does this problem start? Is it parents that A.) Don't care or B.) Set a bad example?

I may seem mean, and this may sound bad to some, but I want answers. If I have to suffer with these people, so I believe I at least have the right to know.

OhioState.jpg

The GES, the only clan ruled by a Goat.

"How did it start? I mean, did one kid just yell out lets have sex!""

I think that kids not trying in school is started by a lack of interest by both the parent and the student. It's the student's fault for not trying, and the parent's fault for not making sure that the kids don't do their work, try at all, or study for tests and quizzes.

It's that fourth group that I cannot stand. Those who have an I.Q. lower than room temperature, but could be so much more.

Fahrenheit, Celsius, or Kelvin?

Way to totally miss the point. :roll:

x9whitey9x.jpg

The code in my sig should say 1032 not 0132.

Kids are who they are. Some kids and most kids cant help that the yhave a low I.Q. score and kids who have add cant help it either. It can be helped but you dont need to worry about them. Atleast not there grades. You can care about people but you dont have to care That much about them where you need to know there grades. Let them be who they are and let there parents help them out. I'm sure you'll do fine in your french class and i'm sure that others wont do as well as you. You see, there are kids who are smart. Kids who are pretty smart. Kids that are doing fine in school. Kids who arent doing as well as they can. And then kids who cant do anything they see on a piece of paper. Most kids would be around the "kids that are doing fine in school". And then there are some people who are doing exelent. People are people and no body else can do anything about who is who and how they act. Well exept for maybe there parents.

d3m0nxer1ho3.jpg

Hate is a strong word<3:

clickme1jp0.gif

need 130k willows for 99 fm, or 3 mil to buy them "sniff"

Sure, grades are only one factor, but in general, kids who are just plain dumb anger me. Those who, when I bring up the I.Q. statement above in a conversation with friends, they but in and say "Well you have the IQ of a monkey!

And about letting there parents help. They don't. At my school, there are parent teacher meetings every now and then where all parents are invited to talk to teachers about grades. I notice that it is only the parents of the "good" kids who come to these things, with maybe one true concerned parent. My parents would ask why I was getting a B, but most of these parents wouldn't raise an eyebrow at a D.

OhioState.jpg

It is not a problem when people have no work ethic. They obviously don't want to succeed so who are you to trample on their dreams of mediocrity?

It's that fourth group that I cannot stand. Those who have an I.Q. lower than room temperature, but could be so much more.

Way to totally miss the point. :roll:

<--- Joke ----

(Head)

Some people are changed by being a moderator. I wouldn't be.

There are enough idiots who are doing very well in my high school (and plenty of smart people). Anyone can do extremely well given they study for enough time - but the time frame changes from person to person. Even if you're extremely smart and talented you can't ace a test unless you study beforehand (or have prior knowledge of the subject).

No offence but that was a little off. Atleast respind with a normal answer. That was a little spammish.

d3m0nxer1ho3.jpg

Hate is a strong word<3:

clickme1jp0.gif

need 130k willows for 99 fm, or 3 mil to buy them "sniff"

LACK OF MOTIVATION.

Kids in my school..that's their one problem. That, and lack of focus.

Those are the 2 reasons why kids aren't up to what they could be, although, I'm an honors student, and I'm proud that that I don't think that's enough. :P

In the wise words of Ron White: You can't fix stupid. :lol: :lol: :lol:

99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Jagex'd out of my untrimmed hp cape on 6/14/2011.

Those who have an I.Q. lower than room temperature, but could be so much more. They get D's or F's because they don't try, but blame it on something or someone else. Those people who don't seem to even care where they end up

a waste of potential, i know, but the best thing for these kind of people is to learn a lesson in life -

you have to work hard if you want the results IN ANYTHING.

No offence but that was a little off. Atleast respind with a normal answer. That was a little spammish.

It's funny laugh. If you don't understand it because you are one of the aforementioned people, I'll explain.

You see, average room temperature is around 76ish degrees Fahrenheit. Now, there are other countries in the world who probably use Celsius, so that would be 24 degrees Celsius, making the comment even more harsh against those people he mentioned. Of course, some scientists need to use the Kelvin scale and room temperature is roughly 298 degrees Kelvin, making them possibly absurdly smart.

Get it?

I assume anyone with an IQ higher than average room temperature in Fahrenheit would understand this and chuckle :)

EDIT: We will have to assume Disciplinary Action E on you too.

smithie3.jpg

I just posted something! ^_^ to the terrorist...er... kirbybeam.

THAT is funny. Great joke!

I live in America, so Fahrenheit I guess.

OhioState.jpg

It's funny laugh. If you don't understand it because you are one of the aforementioned people, I'll explain.

You see, average room temperature is around 76ish degrees Fahrenheit. Now, there are other countries in the world who probably use Celsius, so that would be 24 degrees Celsius, making the comment even more harsh against those people he mentioned. Of course, some scientists need to use the Kelvin scale and room temperature is roughly 298 degrees Kelvin, making them possibly absurdly smart.

Get it?

I assume anyone with an IQ higher than average room temperature in Fahrenheit would understand this and chuckle :)

not necessarily, if you are below Kelvin, you could be 297.9999999 or 1. :P

Anyway, I'll stop ::'

You can go back to topic.

Get it?

not necessarily, if you are below Kelvin, you could be 297.9999999 or 1. :P

Anyway, I'll stop ::'

You can go back to topic.

Which is why I went back and edited 'possibly' in there :P (seems the be the one you quoted too)

smithie3.jpg

I just posted something! ^_^ to the terrorist...er... kirbybeam.

Disciplinary Action E is what?

We are making it up at the moment, it is soon to be publically released.

Well that doesn't help...

Can we get back on topic?

OhioState.jpg

Back to the topic: You're in middle school. Shut up.

Haw haw... anyway, I would agree with you that those last group of kids are annoying, but I'm one of them. I am lazy, yet I can pass my tests with atleast C. I usually don't remember what homework I was assigned in most of my classes. My grades aren't terrible but could be higher. And I don't think I have a low IQ either, it's obvious to tell which kids that do though. I don't know which group I belong on in your list actually.

Why do we bother you so much, I know I don't do anything offensive to the smart kids like you.

Yeah.

983036.jpg