Tip.It Times Presents: Presenting���¢�¢â�š�¬���¦The Items Database!

Kiara_Kat

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The DB looks really well done and I am thoroughly impressed with each and everyone who put in the effort and time for this project. The diligence you lot have is tremendous.

Thank you, each of you.

And Merry CHRISTmas

:lol:

Fisherofmen1.png

Not Quitting til 99 agility.

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f268/ ... fJesus.png

Not quitting til 99.

nice database! now how about putting the street price next to the item?

that would be really helpful

And how would you think we could keep 5000 items up-to-date on the street price at all times? LOL. Why do you think it's not in there :)

-=[ Once, a researcher of the weird and wonderfull items in runescape ]=-

sigtipit.jpg

You cannot do all you want. You have to make choises. I made the right one, hopefully, so will you!

ummm.... guys.. don't mean to bust ur bubbles, but I don't see a market value on these items - so much for being one-up on other sites :roll:

perhaps YOU would like to volunteer to keep thousands of items updated on their street prices?

great job Tip.it!

All the people saying about street price are bugging me

Theres a reason nowhere has that

Street prices for all items change virtually hourly, even if by only a small amount - sometimes even more

And they vary depending on which world ur in and where in world ur buying

and forums are a whole other ball game again

If you think you could succesfully give an accurate price to the 5000 items and keep it up-to-date atleast day by day you must be some sort of super human

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

All I have to say is great job to the people who dedicated their time to making this. =D> If we only had more people like that in RS. The detail provided and the organization for the items is amazing... a few flaws, but that happens with most big updates. Well done!

To those who want street prices; just quickly scan forums for the average price. There is only so much time you can have the silver spoon in your mouth.

for you people saying it is too hard to put in street price:

Runehq does it and you don't see them saying it's too hard.

And they have an up to date map, city guides, classic maps, and a bunch of other useful stuff to deal with

I would put a cool link here but I don't know how.

And they have an up to date map, city guides, classic maps, and a bunch of other useful stuff to deal with

I've already adressed this on a previous page. We will not be adding current market or "street" value to our database. Another site may have that information, but it's not much good when it's sorely out of date. If you like the other site better, then be my guest. Use them.

Remember, the SEARCH button is your friend. Use it!

I've already adressed this on a previous page. We will not be adding current market or "street" value to our database. Another site may have that information, but it's not much good when it's sorely out of date. If you like the other site better, then be my guest. Use them.

Yeah Rune Hq is so out-of-date

People who use thoose prices are so annoying when you want to trade

They are always charging waaaay over current value or trying to buy for waaaay under current value

Tried to buy ess (pre pure essy) from someone for the norm 30ea as it was then, they were like I want 1.2k ea and they were like thats the price rune hq says!

1.2k hadn't been price for months even years lol

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

*jumps for joy at what has to be the best xmas gift i have recieved this year(i only got clothes irl <.< )*

hooray! the item database is out! im using it now and i will dutifully report that ive found a small bug with the shark entry(it could be in other entries as well, i havent checked yet). the "back to item database" button doesnt function properly. i click it, but nothing happens. a minor inconvenience at most, but still PR worthy.

EDIT: the button is nonfunctional for all(or at least the 5 ones i tried) items in the database

I couldn't care less if he was Andrew Gower himself, I just don't like arrogant smegheads.
*in the voice of the comic book guy from the simpsons* best. quote. EVER! :thumbsup:

the "back to item database" button doesnt function properly. i click it, but nothing happens. a minor inconvenience at most, but still PR worthy.

EDIT: the button is nonfunctional for all(or at least the 5 ones i tried) items in the database

I've had this problem too. I'm soooooooo glad I use FireFox. <3:

~Mr. Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

Ok, I know Kira_Kat, you've said it twice, no street prices.

But please, please stop coping out on it and just say you guys don't want to have street prices.

A team of 2-5 people could easily keep street prices up to date. Yes, there are 5,000 items in the database, but how often do prices change on stuff like buckets, pots (clay), bones (regular), knife, etc. I feel confident saying that more than half of those items would be covered by giving a price range of 10% - 15% either side of the current price or the price simply is to low to justify a street price listing.

Example: Big Bones sell for 300 - 400 each on the forums. So put the "street price" at 300 - 400.

If you don't want to do it, don't do it, but be honest about it instead of crying that it would be to hard to do when it really won't be. And yes, I'll volunteer to help if you decide to stop coping out on street prices.

gildogg.png

In a world without fences, who needs GATES?

But please, please stop coping out on it and just say you guys don't want to have street prices.

A team of 2-5 people could easily keep street prices up to date. Yes, there are 5,000 items in the database, but how often do prices change on stuff like buckets, pots (clay), bones (regular), knife, etc. I feel confident saying that more than half of those items would be covered by giving a price range of 10% - 15% either side of the current price or the price simply is to low to justify a street price listing.

Example: Big Bones sell for 300 - 400 each on the forums. So put the "street price" at 300 - 400.

If you don't want to do it, don't do it, but be honest about it instead of crying that it would be to hard to do when it really won't be. And yes, I'll volunteer to help if you decide to stop coping out on street prices.

Have you ever thought about the policy on how and when street prices would be updated? I think Kiara_Kat took this into consideration when she said it would be too hard to keep something like that updated. Leave her and the entirety of Tip.It's Crew alone, gildogg, and shame on you. Their hands are full enough as it is. :shame:

~Mr. Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

Have you ever thought about the policy on how and when street prices would be updated? I think Kiara_Kat took this into consideration when she said it would be too hard to keep something like that updated. Leave her and the entirety of Tip.It's Crew alone, gildogg, and shame on you. Their hands are full enough as it is. :shame:

~Mr. Devnull

LOL, shame on me for trying to spur them forward? Shame on me for volunteering to help make their items database at least half as useful as every other fan site's items database? Shame on me for actually looking at the items database and realizing that they released an incomplete feature, with inaccurate data, inaccurate naming schemes and a broken search feature? Shame on me indeed.

gildogg.png

In a world without fences, who needs GATES?

• 3 weeks later...

~Mr. Devnull

LOL, shame on me for trying to spur them forward? Shame on me for volunteering to help make their items database at least half as useful as every other fan site's items database? Shame on me for actually looking at the items database and realizing that they released an incomplete feature, with inaccurate data, inaccurate naming schemes and a broken search feature? Shame on me indeed.

shame on me for trying to spur them forward?

- no help here, just anoying comments. :shame:

Shame on me for volunteering to help make their items database at least half as useful as every other fan site's items database?

- the others are half as usefull as tipits. :-w

Shame on me for actually looking at the items database and realizing that they released an incomplete feature, with inaccurate data, inaccurate naming schemes and a broken search feature?

- it aint broken anymore, the data is , and i think im safe to say this, the most acurate on the web.

If you think you know how to keep the prices up? DO IT! Noone will stop you. Make it, and if it works, present it to tip.it. Then we owe you an excuse. At the moment, it's the other way around.

Dj

-=[ Once, a researcher of the weird and wonderfull items in runescape ]=-

sigtipit.jpg

You cannot do all you want. You have to make choises. I made the right one, hopefully, so will you!