~Runescape Grand Arena~ NOW INCLUDES PIX!

fakeitormakeit

Um... Just no. Do you know how hard that would be to program? I mean with the cooking challenge you would have to make a different item for every single possible combination of ingrediants in all of Runescape. Jagex is WAY to lazy to even think about programing that.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Um... Just no. Do you know how hard that would be to program? I mean with the cooking challenge you would have to make a different item for every single possible combination of ingrediants in all of Runescape. Jagex is WAY to lazy to even think about programing that.

I disagree, they may be lazy I don't know, but if they thought it was a good idea they would do it, I think.

Anyway goood thinkin this place would be awsome.

.sigs these of many too read have you backwards this read you If

CapeAnimation.gif

Finding cool stuff = advertising.

One not-so-tiny hole.

How are you supposed to make sure no one logs out. Or what if someone has a bad connection and they keeps geting kicked and coming back. And you can't trust that everyone who's interested in the grand award is gonna have enough time to play the whole thing, maybe a real-world event sneaks up on them and they have to split.

You say "Oh, people know their schedules and they shouldn't play." But they will. It'll be those kids who can't even fathom the idea of getting some great reward that no one else will have, and they can't help themselves from entering, even if they know they dont hqave but like 20 minutes still left online before they have to split.

The reason other multi-player minigames work is because they don't require the same people to play each game, so people can come and go as they please from their favorite runescape world. This on the other hand does require the same people to play, to continue into the finals or whatnot. The infrastructure of this event is too weak, Jagex would never make this.

Sorry

Not to mention the server issues.

When it comes out that there will be one, it has to be at a certain time. EVERYONE will be online, people will stay up late and other get up early just to do this.

And getting all the contestants to the same world for the finals would be ballsville because that world would already be full with other people who wanted to watch.

"Oh, jagex can close the world off, or make a new one."

They won't close the world, and I'd bet it would be difficult to make their server restrict all but the finalists. Unless they made one world a "Champions' World" like they have members and nonmembers. But even that means they'd have to use an entire (expensive) server to play just a few people, and only have it operate 7 times a year.

Sorry, but they'll never do this.

I love how everyone is posting good and bad things about what is IN your game, but I'm the only one who focused on the impossibility of the game even being run, let alone how good/bad it would be.

What difference do any of the posts on the last couple pages make when you cant run the game because of the reasons on my last 2 posts?

I disagree, they may be lazy I don't know, but if they thought it was a good idea they would do it, I think.

Anyway goood thinkin this place would be awsome.

They won't makes possibly millions of items just so there can be a yearly tournament

i Like the sound of it should hopefully keep some higher level players quiet for a while.

About the highscore things (Names on a board outside the minigame entrance), will this be specific for each world, or just the highest scorer in runescape. I personally think there should be an add on to highscores for ALL peoples scores and for each there should be a seperate score

capesn.png

My capes in the order they were achieved

READ ALL OF THE IDEAS

make it like barb assault waves.

1.theres an event each month or so perhaps 12 in the year, and each event, the winner (and perhaps runner ups?) gets to move on.

2. when you get to the final stage (10th wave), you can participate with the other people that won for the prize.

3. once you lose an event, you cant try again till the next one. lowering your chance into getting a better prize each time you lose, you get put into a lower bracket, to make undefeated players very rare.

4.the lower brackets get lower prizes because they lost. . to make it even more difficult you could put it in tournament format.

5. perhaps make it like warrior guild tokens. if you win an event, you accumulate points, then you lose those points convert into a barb assault type prize choice or a fixed prize, but it is reduced. the harder opponents you faced, (level wise) the bigger prize in the end.

6. theres an ultimate winner perhaps one that goes undefeated in all events. with the biggest prize.

7. the events last for the month so even if you missed an event, you can still participate, but as i mentioned earlier, only once.

8. maybe a "custom game" option. you can invite your friends to your "custom game" with options on what skill to use, and have fun and see who is the best out of your friends. you can set the rules and everything. it can be like the party game, where everyone donates a prize, or money, and that money can either be distributed entirely to the winner, or 1st gets biggest prize 2nd gets a little smaller so on.

9. maybe a class organizer? 1 to 20 compete 21 to 40 and so on

10. dueling option. a game where you can challege people who has better skills. bets too. you can also change the options to fit both players needs.

11. sorry if i stated anyone elses ideas. i wrote this on the fly.

Change it so only lvl 70+ people can enter the island its on (it will keep the population down). The island is way to close on the map to the Pest Control Island, maybe you could move it north to the lunar sea or west so it is in that blank spot below the poison waste. The special 3rd floor should be restricted to certain times of the year, maybe once you can access it you will have a time limit of say a week? After the week is up you have to go prove yourself a champion again. Change the combat thing so it has waves, not just an all out death match, like Barbarian Assult. Just don't make it as strange/hard to understand as it.

As for the rewards, the plaque thing is cool, 1 mil is a bit much and 200k exp in the skill you used..... I'd love if JaGex would do that but I doubt it. It would make things to easy and the 1mil would put all the money back in the game that they just tried to pull out with the introdution of Construction (Hey that rhymes! :o ). Try lowering it to 2x your combat lvl times 1000. The xp you get should be based on what you hit with that skill during the minigame thing. The xp you got while fighing will still be there along with the xp you got in the game on the combat skill you used the most times 3 + 50k xp in that skill. That was complicated... :?

Other then that... I like it, I would put the support banner but my comp is messed up. :oops:

Pasty.png

how bout these:

theres a certain amount of activities on at once

perhaps a maximum of 20 people per activity. that is less than the maximum pest control

NO GRAND TOURNY! how bout just a bunch of rewards, that are completely random, or even just collect points to exchange for skills. you could also stake points for random prizes

add a admission fee. or even stake points to enter.

quest requirements?

no world hopping within. this means that if you world hop, you are dumped into the ship that takes you there

those are the only worries and fixs i have. carry on

nadsiggeh2cw3.png

i like the idea, good concept (especially farming shop if there are good seeds :pray: )

the only main concern would be all the uproar over that only 7 people could win a year, meaning mostly high level players, also i mean, the rewards are too great i must offer and unfair to the 7 winners. I like the concept of clothes, perhaps you may have only 7 winners once a month and have the competition once a month?

<the49ronin> O_o methinks ard is acting mighty high and pretty -.-

<Ard_Choille> I am pretty

<Ard_Choille> fo shizzle

I like the overall theme of contests to be the best of the best, but it would be an extreme update.

Just think of all th possibilities that could go wrong, there would need to be bug checks, but if it could happen, i'd want it 2

99 Fletching 99 Attack 99 Constitution 99 Cooking 99 Strength

Gamertag: H8tebringer

h8tebringer-siggy-bloodskull-1.jpg

I like the idea but..can you imagine how long it would take to make?

A very long time.

A very, very long time.

The prizes aren't bad, if there are only 7 people a year. I don't think it should be once a year though. Who knows how many years RuneScape has left in it. If JaGex decided right this second to make this, it would take about a year to organize the whole thing and make all of the prizes/objects and the Arena itself. Then JaGex opens it and people pack into it. I still don't understand how you are going to fit 100,000 people on one server for this. Anyway, everyone goes in and watches/competes. Then they wait a year and do it again. What about people who don't get a good connection to that one server? They can't watch or compete? As a punishment for a slow computer they aren't allowed to participate? That's fair.

It's all a bit unclear to me. -.-

7,436th to 99 fishing on July 13, 2008

[hide=Quotes that I lol'd at]

the day the fantastic four come into runescape, i will eat my socks.

what kind of topic is this. ihaven't read it yet

but i now it must be stupid.

[/hide]