Odd's Daily Blog! 99 construction on page 31!

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sweet. Look forward to seeing you blowing raspberries in the fishing guild :P

:oops: I was hopeing you wouldn't find out. :lol:

I'm only gettng 63 then using pie to get in. i dunno if that still counts or not... <.<

Ah well :mrgreen: Keep it up! Your doing awesome!

Picture2-10.png

So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

I was too tired once I *finally* got it last night to get the picture uploaded... It was seriously *way* too late and I walked straight to the bathroom, brushed my teeth, and went to bed lol. Then I proceeded to hit my snooze button several times this morning :P

But here it is!

[hide=RUNECRAFTING LEVEL PIC]picture315sn1.png[/hide]

tipitcrewex8.jpg

Proud to have gotten 1800 skill total before access to fishing guild

Why make a house when you can rob one?

I do fires for my levels. Here's why:

I bought regular essence around level 75 to start doing fire runes for leveling (after the Pure Essence disaster). I bought 600k normal essence for 15gp each.

I got a lot of "oh you should do laws!" when i talked with friends about it, and I tried a little bit of abyss, fires, and laws when I decides to look at all the numbers and see which would be the best profit over time, since I don't like any of the methods any more than the others (like any of it really).

Doing the abyss I top out about 15k xp/hr, making an estimated average of 1,666 natures per hour.

Doing the fire runes I make about 24k xp/hr, making about 9,000 fire runes and 306 death runes per hour (repairing pouches)

Doing the free law runes, I never topped 25k xp/hr, which would consume 2631 pure ess/hour and that was only during peak times, since the runner:crafter ratio was ALWAYS a factor.

So at the time of my calculations (4.2m xp till 91) I kept all this in thought and ran the numbers for everything while I smithed.

Natures via abyss:

280 hours: 4.2m xp at 15k xp/hr

116.7M profit: 466,666 nature runes for that much xp, factoring essence at 50 each when I estimated.

Free Laws:

168 hours: 4.2m xp at 25k/hr at *minimum*

22.1M *LOSS*: 442k ess given away at 50 gp each

Fire Runes:

175 hours: 4.2m xp at 24k xp/hr always

22.6M Profit: 175 hours to make 1,575K fire runes and 53,550 death runes = 34.9m price, using 7.8m worth of normal ess and 2.7m worth of normal ess, as well as 1.8m worth of dueling rings

-----

So clearly laws are a no go, and at this points I just had to decide if I wanted to make natures or fires.

At double natures I assume I can make 3332 natures an hour, for 916k profit per hr (people who use pots tell me it's 4k nats/hr but I don't know if they round up or not).

So assuming I want to, you know, make some money after 91 RC (duh!), and that using fires will get me to 91 a whopping ONE HUNDRED FIVE hours faster (this is a TON), I decided to see how much money I'd make doing fires and THEN doing 100 hours of runecrafting, which would get me PAST level 91 in the same time doing JUST the abyss would make me reach that level (hope I didn't lose you!).

Doing the fire runes I'm already at 22.6m profit. Doing 105 hours of level 91 runecrafting, I'm at 96.2m gp more, and 1.5m xp more, for a total of 118M profit AND over level 93 runecrafting.

So in the same amount of time I weighed the two factors:

118M profit with level 93+ runecrafting vs

116M profit with level 91 runecrafting

so for 2m more and 2 more levels, I'm doing fires :D

Rune ess prices have of course changed since then, and I didn't ever re-run the numbers, but it wouldn't be hard for somebody to do.

Old prices:

normal ess: 15 each

pure ess: 50 each

New:

normal ess: 30 each?

pure ess: 110 each

I calculated the dueling rings at 1.5k each because that's what I sold them for when I was raising crafting... I acquired them at no cost if you count the profits i made crafting them :D

Also assumed following sale prices:

Deaths/natures: 300 each

Fire Runes: 12 gp each

tipitcrewex8.jpg

not sure which one i'm going for next. right now i just want 91 RC :P

and I use dueling ring to Al Kharid then glory to Edge. Waste of rings to use castle wars instead

tipitcrewex8.jpg

Peeshaw, Fires are lame.

Refuses to craft fires instead of natures

Good luck Odd <3:

siggiebw2.png

Noted raw mackerel drop... Wtfh?

Always buying: Watermelon seeds, 2K each. Strawberry seeds, 800 each. Contact Via PM on forums.

GL with 91--but if used most effectively the abyss is ~22.5k xp/hour (same XP as I calced fires at.)

you already told me when you did fires it was slow because it bored you :P

I'm guessing getting xp that fast in abyss would have to use super energies. My numbers in any of the methods don't reflect using super energies, but I'm sure they would increase fire xp similarly to how much they would increase abyss xp

tipitcrewex8.jpg

GL with 91--but if used most effectively the abyss is ~22.5k xp/hour (same XP as I calced fires at.)

you already told me when you did fires it was slow because it bored you :P

I'm guessing getting xp that fast in abyss would have to use super energies. My numbers in any of the methods don't reflect using super energies, but I'm sure they would increase fire xp similarly to how much they would increase abyss xp

Hey Odd, nice blog.

I'd guess that although using super energies would speed up xp for fires as well it probably wouldn't have *as* much impact as when going through the abyss, simply because you don't have to run as far.

GL with 91 I'm only a few 'k' xp ahead and going for the same goal through the abyss so should be a challenge to stay ahead!!

Mordendravid.png

Hey Odd (and fellow runecrafters :thumbsup: )

Just wanan say, really nice blog odd! :XD:

And Runecrafters ftw! :XD:

I personally make my rcing life not too boring by rotating on different ways of rcing.

Example:

Day 1: Nat rcing throu abyss

Day 2: Law company

Day 3: Fire Rcing

Day 4: Wolrd 16 airs

I used to do loads of nat rcing , and quite a lot of law company. But fire rcing is indeed the way to go. Quite cheap + Fast :thumbsup:

You can drop a hyt at my 91 rc blog, Currently 87 rc, 4 lvls to go :XD:

91/91 RC!

Which is faster?

Duel ring to fire altar and craft.

Then duel ring to cw or glory to edge?

Anyways, very nice! Keep up with the runecrafting :)

Retired

Ex-E174

Ex-Venqeance

[Ex-Tha Familia3]

Good luck with your goals and nice calculations you have there :o

Have you ever thought of making lava runes at the fire altar?

Don't know how well this could work, but it sounds ok in theory:

With the lunar spell magic imbue you can make combination runes easily without needing the extra talisman. This spell takes 2 astral, 7 fire and 7 water runes to cast and gives 51 magic xp. After you've cast the spell you can use earth runes on the fire altar and make lava runes. Making lava runes gives you 10.5xp/rune, fire runes only give 7xp/rune made.

With a water staff, fire, earth and astral runes, binding necklaces, dueling rings and pure essence and pouches, you could get some very fast runecrafting xp! The only extra costs would come from pure ess + earth runes vs normal ess and what using binding necklaces and duel rings would cost. Using a glory would waste an inv spot because without the necklace the binding rate is only 50%. And you can't make combination runes from normal ess #-o

You'd lose 3 inv spots (7xp each) and pay a little more but get extra 3.5xp/ rune crafted and some magic xp.

Would be cool to try it out sometime :-k

Good luck with your goals and nice calculations you have there :o

Have you ever thought of making lava runes at the fire altar?

Don't know how well this could work, but it sounds ok in theory:

With the lunar spell magic imbue you can make combination runes easily without needing the extra talisman. This spell takes 2 astral, 7 fire and 7 water runes to cast and gives 51 magic xp. After you've cast the spell you can use earth runes on the fire altar and make lava runes. Making lava runes gives you 10.5xp/rune, fire runes only give 7xp/rune made.

With a water staff, fire, earth and astral runes, binding necklaces, dueling rings and pure essence and pouches, you could get some very fast runecrafting xp! The only extra costs would come from pure ess + earth runes vs normal ess and what using binding necklaces and duel rings would cost. Using a glory would waste an inv spot because without the necklace the binding rate is only 50%. And you can't make combination runes from normal ess #-o

You'd lose 3 inv spots (7xp each) and pay a little more but get extra 3.5xp/ rune crafted and some magic xp.

Would be cool to try it out sometime :-k

That's another way I suppose, but it would require quite a bit of astral runes.

Gyr_Falcon5.png

Gyr_Falcon5.png

as well as earths! lol

No, i can't say I've tried it, but can't really say I want to either... lava runes would be much harder to get rid of and i'd lose a ton of gp on it.

Sorry this hasn't been very "daily" again. Was busy all week then went out to a friend's house tonight.

I did decide to have some fun on photoshop after I had somebody look at something i did on the computer to make sure it looked ok. For all those who wonder why i don't respond to chat sometimes it's because I don't squint to read it.... no really it's often not easy... here's an example from IRC

mymessedupeyes3or8.png

I'm sure it's not perfect.. but you can imagine it's hard to tell the glare i'm seeing from the glare i edited on the pic :P

tipitcrewex8.jpg

Good work, you blind ol' bat. :D

I might join you in some RCing after my Barrows madness I am planning this week. But then again, I might watch grass grow - more fun.

Hugs,

Laila

You're accusing me of bigotry, how ironic. It's a nice attempt at argument, but your responses are facile and asinine, if not diatribe. Who's arrogant now?