Stories from the Abyss

I was runecrafting through the abyss last night while private messaging a friend, when I looked up, and realized that I was snared and teleblocked, as a pker was running up to me with a dds. Suddenly, he was struck with the infamous Runescape disease of uncontrollable legs (He was running back and forth, not where he wanted to go). Thinking the snare would wear off before he finished being addled, I decided not to drop my items, and waited to make a run for it. When he reached me, he proceeded to unleash devastating dds specials on me. By the time the teleblock wore off, I had 15 hitpoints on me. I approach the zamorak mage and....

BOOM! 10. I teleport into the abyss.

As the screen loads, I think to myself, "5 hp, most likely poisoned, teleblocked, surrounded by those pesky abyssal monsters. Great."

When I arrived, I immediately clicked the nearest obstacle. Three 0's appeared on my character, when I reached the "Small Gap". As my character was doing his little animation or whatever, I thought, "What does it matter, the poison will kill me in one hit anyway...". At the same time, I searched my chat box for the "You have been poisoned" message. There wasn't one. If I made it through the gap, I would survive. If I didn't, I would receive 4-5 attacks from the monsters, and most likely die (Avid runecrafters will know what I'm talking about). It was an extremely tense moment, until my character appeared on the other side! Again, I searched the chat for the poison message, but it was nowhere to be found. Still in shock, I crafted my runes with 5 Hitpoints left, logged in and out, and teleported back to edgeville to nurse myself back to health.

That was probably my closest call in a long time at the abyss. If things like this happened all the time, I'd probably never get bored of the skill!

So, I thought it would be interesting to hear anybody else's Abyss stories. They can be dramatic, silly, strange or anything, as long as they're true.

As a side note: I thought you were automatically poisoned if you were dealt damage during a dds special attack.

Anyway, post away!

blackmageid8.png

I've never even been in the abyss but that sounds pretty cool... still 'Tense' and 'shock' are words i would hardly ever use when talking about RS :lol:

world2isntthathardby4.pngI think merchanting is extinct....

lordofthehauntedminestextcb6.png Completed haunted mine at level 75.

Barrows Drops: Dh platelegs, Guth helm, Karils cb, Torags legs

-------------RETIRED------------------

This should be in blogscape... I think ( Your journal for posting commentaries and stories about your day-to-day RuneScape adventures. )

But it's a good story :)

It rarely happens to me, I always have plenty of hp even if I get attacked :-$

And that's one bad pker if the TB wore off when you still had 15 hp :-s

(FYI, you can tele with the Zamorak mage teleblocked too )

Uula.png

This should be in blogscape... I think ( Your journal for posting commentaries and stories about your day-to-day RuneScape adventures. )

Are you sure? This seems more of a topic for everyone to tell abyss stories to me. EDIT - I guess it is better in blogscape then ...

Back on topic, I have a few good ones. It was all on my last day of my "Runecraft 100k natures" plan. I was down to about 3k left to make and I should have died 3 times making those 3k.

1 - I got hit with an entangle while I wasn't paying much attention, I only noticed just as another spell was coming at me. I teled away, then tried to glory to edgeville to carry on. I couldn't, I was teleblocked. So ... I guess the tb hit me after I teleported away?? Fine with me :P

2 - I made it to another world and there was this one guy trying and failing to pk me for the longest time. Finally he hit me with teleblock in about level 2 wilderness, then missed 2 or 3 entangles in a row, and I got away safely.

3 - Nearly done, just a few hundred natures left to go, I saw this one guy near my level wandering around the abyss area with a dds. I looked him up in between runs and found out he had 96 strength. But I was too close to finishing to switch worlds yet again. I carried on, and he vanished for a while, until I had about 100 left to go. He ran at me when I was nearing the zammy mage, hit me with a dds spec for 4 and 0. I laughed to myself, and clicked to teleport to the abyss. He hit again, this time for 20 and 21. I was already injured from the abyss creatures, and I went to a red bar, my arms flying out. I thought "that was impressive ..." - but I wasn't dead. I was at 1 health and my ring of life had taken me to falador. I dropped my pouches just before the poison hit, spawned right next to where I had been, and picked everything up. :o

I think I might be invincible when rcing :P

I also recall being very jittery as I did my last few runs on a different world ...

Holacolas.png

Holacolas.png

The time I came closest to dieing while runecrafting through the abyss was quite a funny story. I was teleblocked first, which isn't very common but when it does happen, you know you're dealing with a Pker who knows what he's doing. Then I was entangled (they both hit on the first cast? :? ) AND he was only wearing mystic bottoms with a ghostly top and the usual extras. :shock:

So I began dropping some ess so that I could take off my glory etc and drop it. But before I had taken off my glory, another Rcer had attacked the Pker! The Pker who was most probably still clicking on me, was confused and so I got away and escaped through the abyss. And then, when I got to the Nat Altar, I crafted my runes and went to teleport back to Edgeville, when...I realised I had forgotten to wear a Glory amulet! It was hilarious! I began telling the story to a few friends and they all thought it was funny aswell. Really quite lucky, but extremely funny also. :o

I now carry a Sara Brew when I know that there are Pkers there, just incase they get lucky and hit me on first cast again. :x

Well i wasnt so lucky, this happen to me twice...

Well one day i was crafting my nats and i see these lv 126 fightin i was like wow both in full Dh it was quite a site.... i wasnt paying attention and this noobs dds spec me in a mighty 0-12 :XD: well i tryed to run but i he finished me off.... then i go back and i picked up my ess, legends,land boots og lightness and i ask him why did he att me and he goes: because it was hard to get 85 slay i was like wtf? i almost quit thanks to this noob but i got back my pouches from 3 leeches in a row :thumbsup:

But then a few months later i was craftin nats for my friend and this dude teleblocks me and snares... i didnt know what to do because i never been telleblocked before.... it was very annoying losing pouches,glory, ess, ect.

RC PKERS ARE NUBCAKES!!!!

gorillabones.png

Barrow Items: 45 (3 Guthan Spears)(12/25/06)(1/1/07)(04/07/07)

Proud Owner Of Quest Cape SINCE the day it came out

Got Visage July 31, 2007

Visage #2 August 4th, 2008

AFTER ONE HOUR of googeling i'v came to the conclusion that there is no game called real life :evil:

I was runecrafting to and someone attacked my with dds. I noticed that he poisoned me, but i teleported to Abyss with 20 HP left. So i thought that i will be fast and went to craft my runes. When i teleported to Edgeville i noticed that there is only 7 HP left, and when i drunk antipoison it was left only 1. Man this is one lucky moment

I want to say first that i am a guy, becouse when people see my username they think i am a girl.