Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Grrr - I was unfairly muted/banned!

Advice Account Security RuneScape Classic

• Please log in to reply
809 replies to this topic

derekreader
[ Display Name History ]

derekreader

Rat Meat

• Members
  • 31 posts
I was at my friends house years ago and and saw my account log on, so we sent messages to whoever was on my account about telling them to get off and that they had hacked me.

I checked my blackmarks the other day and noticed that I was actually muted for this, for apparently account sharing...

Even though the chatlog that they send you as evidence just said things like 'get off my friends account you hacker'
Posted Image

GM Dutch
[ Display Name History ]

GM Dutch

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 98 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:GM Dutch
  • RSN '07:Dutch Killer
  • Clan:Council of Elders

I was at my friends house years ago and and saw my account log on, so we sent messages to whoever was on my account about telling them to get off and that they had hacked me.

I checked my blackmarks the other day and noticed that I was actually muted for this, for apparently account sharing...

Even though the chatlog that they send you as evidence just said things like 'get off my friends account you hacker'

I'm sorry to hear that :S I do hope you get your account back in safe

rsn changed for a short period of time to: GM Dutch

vmser
[ Display Name History ]

vmser

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 7,852 posts
  • RSN:vmser

Got muted extremely early this morning (EST time). This guy and his friend who did not speak nor understand English crashed me at Bandos. I asked nicely for them to hop as there are many free worlds. One of the two people simply responded "que?" over and over when I said something and the other person never spoke. After about 5 minutes, I get fed up and basically told the guy to "SMD" but the full version and not the chat speak abbreviation. Fifteen minutes later, I try to type and I am muted. The other person had to have been a player moderator.

That doesn't sound like I should be muted for - given it's censored. I have the chat filter on purely to see what's filtered out.
Based on the info you're giving here - that shouldn't have been a mute. Then again, I can only go by what your version of the story is.

As for the rest of your rant: It's pretty much all pmods can actually do these days. And we do alot of it. Heck - I've had my muting powers locked due to muting too many in too little time - Jagex decided it'd be required to check my account safety.
Posted Image

NoodlePubes
[ Display Name History ]

NoodlePubes

Rat Meat

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • RSN:Oasis
  • Clan:The Valentine
Too many corrupt pmods imo

Hardwood.png

Olafsoldier1
[ Display Name History ]

Olafsoldier1

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • RSN:olafsoldier1
I

I got 10.3 blackmarks and on a last chance

8 of those were offensive laguages cuz those stupid mutha [bleep]ing noobs in the way following me to try to get some muny

Calm Koala
[ Display Name History ]

Calm Koala

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 290 posts
  • RSN:Calm Koala
Yesterday i was solo dungeoneering for the lulz didnt chat much at all (and never been rude whatsoever). Went for some snacks (logged off) came back to be muted like WTF oh well bad things happen i guess it was a 24h mute well now its 32 hours ago and still i can't talk :@

Jagex needs to learn how to count

Posted Image

katiesmom
[ Display Name History ]

katiesmom

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • RSN:katiesmom
I was unfairly banned fro macroing 2 days ago. So yes it does happen.

They said, "The Ban was made as our systems had detected use of an illegal bit of software active on your account. This can be in the form of botting or using automatedscripts that play the game for you, without requiring you to be at the keyboard to play" Problem is I have no idea what they're talking about ! i've never cheated or used any type of program to cheat on RS! I'm a 41 year old woman whose kids got her into playing many years ago, and I enjoy playing it to pass my time. Why would I cheat? This makes no sense to me at all. Meanwhile i'm banned for 14 days for something I didn't do, have no idea how to prevent it from happening again, and am out for all the new events! I am so mad that I paid until Feb. 2014! I want my money back! :oops:

katiesmom
[ Display Name History ]

katiesmom

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 4 posts
lol Runescape is such a joke! They unbanned me today. No apologies, no explanations, nothing :eek:

Lizi
[ Display Name History ]

Lizi

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • RSN:Lizi
  • Clan:Triumvirate
Hate seeing that offense on my account from 2009 when I left my computer for a minute, came back and my brother was sitting on my computer cussing at people. Would have 8 years clean if not for that...

katiesmom
[ Display Name History ]

katiesmom

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 4 posts
Got banned again for macroing! I don't think their "sophisticated program " is working

katiesmom
[ Display Name History ]

katiesmom

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 4 posts
Runescape employees are incompetent, rude and condescending. Don't ever pay ahead for a membership EVER. They will rip you off and give you the run around even if you've been playing peacefully for years. They lie and insist they are right and you have no repercussions with them at all. Worst customer service EVER! Buyer beware.

gspbeetle
[ Display Name History ]

gspbeetle

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,363 posts
  • RSN:ChenGMT
  • RSN2:son of 911
  • Clan:RuneHK
I guess I may need some help for bumping in rsof.

http://postimg.org/i...kbhqz7hb7/full/

UPDATE:

http://postimg.org/i...vakkrue77/full/
http://postimg.org/i...ap5szxwmb/full/

Queuebee
[ Display Name History ]

Queuebee

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Queuebee
  • RSN '07:4moneyplz

Hey Tipit,

I was banned  about 4 months ago and I took immediate action, appealing and E-mailing Runescape but then I found out that they wouldn't go over any bans anymore. I panicked for about a month but then I tried to forget about it.
My account had about my whole childhood, consisting of 380 days playtime. I always had fun playing runescape, wasn't out for money, wasn't out for big skills. Have never achieved something like a 99 or a 100m cash stack. But I tried to get all collectibles from events and all that good stuff.

I must say that I had tried some bots 3-4 years ago, and I'm really sorry I did that. Didn't made my game any better though, and now I'm paying a price, it seems :(
But I think that I can at least get a second chance, right? I'm older now... I really don't wanna start a new account, This one has all my hard worked for noob stuff, and some fun event items.

People told me to get on Twitter and tweet any of the staff members to see if they would at least read the appeals I've made and consider giving me a second chance, but I'm not sure how to do that.

Does anybody have tips for me? I'd like to hear your stories too :)

Arceus
[ Display Name History ]

Arceus

Araxyte Authority

• Administrators
  • 7,092 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P

No offense, but it sounds like you botted, you got caught, and you were banned.

I would certainly consider starting over, but play by the rules this time!  You're not going to get banned as long as you can resist the temptation to go cheat.

If you want to try tweeting staff members they may well decide to unban you and give you a second chance depending on the severity of the offense and the time it has been.  There is a thread on the Forums where you can find out the Twitter usernames of various JMods who use the social media site and attempt to tweet them, but you are better off finding/asking a friend who has contact with a JMod and asking them to message on your behalf.

Edit: Here's that thread - QFC: 254-255-350-65440273.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?
---

cWCZMZO.png
l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Hedgehog
[ Display Name History ]

Hedgehog

???

• Monster Hunting Team Leader
  • 7,789 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired

Unfortunately, you don't have a chance of getting your account back. From Jagex's permanent ban FAQ:

The duration of a ban is dependent on the severity of the offence. If an account has been permanently banned, it is because we feel that this is the correct punishment. We appreciate the account owner may not agree, but our decision is final.

All players who have been banned for macro use receive a second chance as we allow them to create a new account and start afresh. As long as they resist the temptation to use a macro program, they have no reason to fear their account being banned for macro use.

Basically, they permanently banned you because they thought that you deserved to be banned forever. All you can do is make a new account.

Queuebee
[ Display Name History ]

Queuebee

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 4 posts

Thanks for your replies!

I'm certainly going to try Tweeting one of the mods, regardless of their thoughts of permanently banned accounts.

The injustice, in my eyes, is where I get permanently banned for the maybe 100k-ish xp I had botted of 3-4 years ago, while I know others that get away with a second chance, even though they botted themselves some 99's. NO ROLLBACKS!

Sy_Accursed
[ Display Name History ]

Sy_Accursed

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 16,851 posts
  • RSN:Sy Accursed

So you openly admit you botted?

Yeah they aren't going to give you that account back.

They are very black and white on botting, plus I highly doubt it was 3-4 years ago it'd be something they detected recently with their bot detection systems.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Queuebee
[ Display Name History ]

Queuebee

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 4 posts

Yeah, right, this sounds ridiculous.

Arceus
[ Display Name History ]

Arceus

Araxyte Authority

• Administrators
  • 7,092 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P

Unfortunately, you don't have a chance of getting your account back. From Jagex's permanent ban FAQ:

The duration of a ban is dependent on the severity of the offence. If an account has been permanently banned, it is because we feel that this is the correct punishment. We appreciate the account owner may not agree, but our decision is final.

All players who have been banned for macro use receive a second chance as we allow them to create a new account and start afresh. As long as they resist the temptation to use a macro program, they have no reason to fear their account being banned for macro use.

Basically, they permanently banned you because they thought that you deserved to be banned forever. All you can do is make a new account.

Are you sure that's the hard and fast truth and not just the PR response...?

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?
---

cWCZMZO.png
l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Maxingmck
[ Display Name History ]

Maxingmck

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,114 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:Mck
  • Clan:EE

If you truly only botted 100k xp over 3 years ago then there has to be a way to get it back, since many worse offenders have just gotten bank wipes and rollbacks. Though if you did more and are lying, dont expect anyone at JaGeX to help you out. I dont quite see how you can get banned 3 times for something that small still..

mck.pngMck.png

Noobs: We pay we say

JaGeX: How much will you pay?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Advice, Account Security, RuneScape Classic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users