Grrr - I was unfairly muted/banned!

Forum_User

That sucks. The same thing happened to Sonic, and, like you, it seems the only thing he did wrong was live in China (but I think he's having better luck in recovering his account). Jagex better pull their heads out of their asses on this one and realize that not everyone who lives in China is a gold farmer. <_<

• Like 1

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Got muted extremely early this morning (EST time). This guy and his friend who did not speak nor understand English crashed me at Bandos. I asked nicely for them to hop as there are many free worlds. One of the two people simply responded "que?" over and over when I said something and the other person never spoke. After about 5 minutes, I get fed up and basically told the guy to "SMD" but the full version and not the chat speak abbreviation. Fifteen minutes later, I try to type and I am muted. The other person had to have been a player moderator.

I appealed the mute of course. Basically, I said something along the lines of the following, only more condensed:

"Whilst I know you will not unmute me or even get to this appeal before the mute runs out, I would still like to make a point even if you automate this appeal. This is 2012, not every person plays a game for recreational purposes anymore. You should be able to determine that alone by the amount of hours any given player has on his or her account. Video games, especially MMORPGs, are more competitive and not family-friendly like they were designed for back in 2002. Look at gaming in Korea and again, the hours the top-page players have logged. When it comes to high level PvM in RuneScape, your staff who play and are able to even access it should know it gets competitive. When things get competitive, people get more aggressive, things tend to heat up, and players have less patience when it comes to other people or groups interfering. People tend to use harsher language to indicate and to vent their frustrations.

You have a chat filter to block any offensive content anyone might say. If someone could still get muted for saying something which could easily get picked up by the filter, what is the point of the filter in the first place? Also, instead of being muted across all chat channels, players should be muted in the channel in which they committed the violation. I should still be able to communicate with my clan or friends if I committed an offence towards a player via public chat, if I am temporarily muted of course. You are killing any social chance for how ever many days that player is muted. Your player mod team should also be focusing resources on the gambling and website spam rather than someone dropping a bad word towards another player. I hope you actually read this and not just use your appeal bot to deny it"

• Like 1

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

[Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

I was at my friends house years ago and and saw my account log on, so we sent messages to whoever was on my account about telling them to get off and that they had hacked me.

I checked my blackmarks the other day and noticed that I was actually muted for this, for apparently account sharing...

Even though the chatlog that they send you as evidence just said things like 'get off my friends account you hacker'

dirty_needle.png

• 3 weeks later...

I was at my friends house years ago and and saw my account log on, so we sent messages to whoever was on my account about telling them to get off and that they had hacked me.

I checked my blackmarks the other day and noticed that I was actually muted for this, for apparently account sharing...

Even though the chatlog that they send you as evidence just said things like 'get off my friends account you hacker'

I'm sorry to hear that :S I do hope you get your account back in safe

rsn changed for a short period of time to: GM Dutch

Got muted extremely early this morning (EST time). This guy and his friend who did not speak nor understand English crashed me at Bandos. I asked nicely for them to hop as there are many free worlds. One of the two people simply responded "que?" over and over when I said something and the other person never spoke. After about 5 minutes, I get fed up and basically told the guy to "SMD" but the full version and not the chat speak abbreviation. Fifteen minutes later, I try to type and I am muted. The other person had to have been a player moderator.

That doesn't sound like I should be muted for - given it's censored. I have the chat filter on purely to see what's filtered out.

Based on the info you're giving here - that shouldn't have been a mute. Then again, I can only go by what your version of the story is.

As for the rest of your rant: It's pretty much all pmods can actually do these days. And we do alot of it. Heck - I've had my muting powers locked due to muting too many in too little time - Jagex decided it'd be required to check my account safety.

Vmser.png

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yesterday i was solo dungeoneering for the lulz didnt chat much at all (and never been rude whatsoever). Went for some snacks (logged off) came back to be muted like WTF oh well bad things happen i guess it was a 24h mute well now its 32 hours ago and still i can't talk :@

Jagex needs to learn how to count

Calm_Koala.png

• 3 months later...

I was unfairly banned fro macroing 2 days ago. So yes it does happen.

They said, "The Ban was made as our systems had detected use of an illegal bit of software active on your account. This can be in the form of botting or using automatedscripts that play the game for you, without requiring you to be at the keyboard to play" Problem is I have no idea what they're talking about ! i've never cheated or used any type of program to cheat on RS! I'm a 41 year old woman whose kids got her into playing many years ago, and I enjoy playing it to pass my time. Why would I cheat? This makes no sense to me at all. Meanwhile i'm banned for 14 days for something I didn't do, have no idea how to prevent it from happening again, and am out for all the new events! I am so mad that I paid until Feb. 2014! I want my money back! :oops:

Hate seeing that offense on my account from 2009 when I left my computer for a minute, came back and my brother was sitting on my computer cussing at people. Would have 8 years clean if not for that...

• 2 weeks later...

Runescape employees are incompetent, rude and condescending. Don't ever pay ahead for a membership EVER. They will rip you off and give you the run around even if you've been playing peacefully for years. They lie and insist they are right and you have no repercussions with them at all. Worst customer service EVER! Buyer beware.

• 5 months later...

• 5 months later...

Hey Tipit,

I was banned  about 4 months ago and I took immediate action, appealing and E-mailing Runescape but then I found out that they wouldn't go over any bans anymore. I panicked for about a month but then I tried to forget about it.
My account had about my whole childhood, consisting of 380 days playtime. I always had fun playing runescape, wasn't out for money, wasn't out for big skills. Have never achieved something like a 99 or a 100m cash stack. But I tried to get all collectibles from events and all that good stuff.

I must say that I had tried some bots 3-4 years ago, and I'm really sorry I did that. Didn't made my game any better though, and now I'm paying a price, it seems :(
But I think that I can at least get a second chance, right? I'm older now... I really don't wanna start a new account, This one has all my hard worked for noob stuff, and some fun event items.

People told me to get on Twitter and tweet any of the staff members to see if they would at least read the appeals I've made and consider giving me a second chance, but I'm not sure how to do that.

Does anybody have tips for me? I'd like to hear your stories too :)

No offense, but it sounds like you botted, you got caught, and you were banned.

I would certainly consider starting over, but play by the rules this time!  You're not going to get banned as long as you can resist the temptation to go cheat.

If you want to try tweeting staff members they may well decide to unban you and give you a second chance depending on the severity of the offense and the time it has been.  There is a thread on the Forums where you can find out the Twitter usernames of various JMods who use the social media site and attempt to tweet them, but you are better off finding/asking a friend who has contact with a JMod and asking them to message on your behalf.

Edit: Here's that thread - [qfc]254-255-350-65440273[/qfc].

• Like 2

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Unfortunately, you don't have a chance of getting your account back. From Jagex's permanent ban FAQ:

The duration of a ban is dependent on the severity of the offence. If an account has been permanently banned, it is because we feel that this is the correct punishment. We appreciate the account owner may not agree, but our decision is final.

All players who have been banned for macro use receive a second chance as we allow them to create a new account and start afresh. As long as they resist the temptation to use a macro program, they have no reason to fear their account being banned for macro use.

Basically, they permanently banned you because they thought that you deserved to be banned forever. All you can do is make a new account.

• Like 2

Thanks for your replies!

I'm certainly going to try Tweeting one of the mods, regardless of their thoughts of permanently banned accounts.

The injustice, in my eyes, is where I get permanently banned for the maybe 100k-ish xp I had botted of 3-4 years ago, while I know others that get away with a second chance, even though they botted themselves some 99's. NO ROLLBACKS!

So you openly admit you botted?

Yeah they aren't going to give you that account back.

They are very black and white on botting, plus I highly doubt it was 3-4 years ago it'd be something they detected recently with their bot detection systems.

• Like 1

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Unfortunately, you don't have a chance of getting your account back. From Jagex's permanent ban FAQ:

The duration of a ban is dependent on the severity of the offence. If an account has been permanently banned, it is because we feel that this is the correct punishment. We appreciate the account owner may not agree, but our decision is final.

All players who have been banned for macro use receive a second chance as we allow them to create a new account and start afresh. As long as they resist the temptation to use a macro program, they have no reason to fear their account being banned for macro use.

Basically, they permanently banned you because they thought that you deserved to be banned forever. All you can do is make a new account.

Are you sure that's the hard and fast truth and not just the PR response...?

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

If you truly only botted 100k xp over 3 years ago then there has to be a way to get it back, since many worse offenders have just gotten bank wipes and rollbacks. Though if you did more and are lying, dont expect anyone at JaGeX to help you out. I dont quite see how you can get banned 3 times for something that small still..

• Like 1

mck.pngMck.png

Noobs: We pay we say

JaGeX: How much will you pay?

Are you sure that's the hard and fast truth and not just the PR response...?

It's the PR response, but the support team seems to stick to it.

Also it's worth mentioning that the OP wouldn't have been banned if he only actually botted 100k-ish xp. It sucks to accuse someone of lying, but Jagex just doesn't ban people for running a bot for less than an hour.

• Like 1

Well I've just created a new account.

Maybe JaGeX is changing their way of reviewing appeals in the future. I'm quite powerless if they won't let me contact them in any way, anyways. 

Thanks for your opinions and tips!
I've learned from this experience, but it still sucks to lose an account I've spent 380 days of my life on. (minus the few hours I had botted back then)

Also

Also it's worth mentioning that the OP wouldn't have been banned if he only actually botted 100k-ish xp. It sucks to accuse someone of lying, but Jagex just doesn't ban people for running a bot for less than an hour.

If you truly only botted 100k xp over 3 years ago then there has to be a way to get it back, since many worse offenders have just gotten bank wipes and rollbacks. Though if you did more and are lying, dont expect anyone at JaGeX to help you out. I dont quite see how you can get banned 3 times for something that small still..

^^ thanks for thesek, cheered me up :)
And I don't quite see how I got banned 3 times in a row either :/