Grrr - I was unfairly muted/banned!

Forum_User

To me, all mutes (with the exception of spambotting/advertising) are considered unfair. Ever since the profanity filter update there literally is NO reason one should be reported for offensive language anymore.

What happened to freedom of speech? Or are the wannabe player moderators too stubborn to realize that?

(Just to clarify, I have never been muted before, as I spend the majority of my time chatting in clan chats or dung.)

DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT PULLING THE "FREEDOM OF SPEECH" CARD.

Freedom of speech prevents the government from stopping you from saying whatever you want.

It has no affect on what Jagex can do in THEIR game. If you want to voice your opinion, start your own website, go out on the street carrying a sign, buy ad-space, do whatever. But in Jagex's game, they can prevent you from saying whatever they don't want you to say. And there's not a single thing you can do about it, because it's not your game.

Calm down there, little buddy.

PM me for fitocracy invite

I just got muted for two days, I'm fully aware that I deserved it, because I did use pretty strong language... But all the same, I was venting my frustration at this idiot who had no idea how to key. I spent 20 Mins of a 45 min dung begging him to drop keys to various doors I had gated, and in every single instance he just ran to the door, it could gave been a sub 30 min large if he wasn't so damn idiotic... I said some bad words and told him to go back to 117 and never key again... Stupid tho really, any player who's done dung (including most jagex employees and pmods) know exactly how frustrating a bad keyer can be.. I had half a mind to report him for griefing the rest of the group :/

/endrage

Edit: I might also add that I've had the account since like '00 and have never been muted or temp banned or so much as warned before, people have gotten way too sensitive on this game

2ujkxgp.jpg

Yes, Mandos is my screen name, this sig isnt stolen, i just use this nick for everything else.

I just got muted for two days, I'm fully aware that I deserved it, because I did use pretty strong language... But all the same, I was venting my frustration at this idiot who had no idea how to key. I spent 20 Mins of a 45 min dung begging him to drop keys to various doors I had gated, and in every single instance he just ran to the door, it could gave been a sub 30 min large if he wasn't so damn idiotic... I said some bad words and told him to go back to 117 and never key again... Stupid tho really, any player who's done dung (including most jagex employees and pmods) know exactly how frustrating a bad keyer can be.. I had half a mind to report him for griefing the rest of the group :/

/endrage

Edit: I might also add that I've had the account since like '00 and have never been muted or temp banned or so much as warned before, people have gotten way too sensitive on this game

No, they haven't. Cursing someone out is never justified. And "report him for griefing the rest of the group"? You gotta be kidding me :rolleyes:

/endrage

No, they haven't. Cursing someone out is never justified. And "report him for griefing the rest of the group"? You gotta be kidding me :rolleyes:

Let me put it this way, i work 70-80 hours a week, i have very little time to play and enjoy this game, and when doing DG is required to have access to the best weapons in the game it gets VERY frustrating having to deal with such incompetent people, and theres very little you can do to get away from it. and I already said I deserved the mute for what i said. Not to bring levels into anything, but your dung level is quite low, chances are you havent seen how smoothly a good group can wreck a large sized dungeon, 20-30 min larges are quite nice to get when you have limited time, and to have such a good group that you can do a 45 min large even with a keyer who is so stupid is very very annoying, I think you would find alot of people who would get upset over that.

and yes, report him for griefing the group, IE: Griefing - the act of intentionally acting in a manner to disrupt other's play <--- my general definition of it or see

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Griefer

I would say yes... he was in fact greifing, people of all levels of skill have the right to play the game however they want, but to intentionally ignore other players while doing a team based skill/event and refuse to co-operate in a manner that is fitting for such a skill/event would be considered greifing, and if you read into that article at all, ALOT of game companies are very against it.

2ujkxgp.jpg

Yes, Mandos is my screen name, this sig isnt stolen, i just use this nick for everything else.

First, dungeoneering level and your workload/stress level has absolutely no bearing on it. I don't care if you work 100 hours a week, that doesn't give you a reason to swear at anyone.

Second, being dumb does not count as griefing.

Third, prove he was griefing.

Fourth, under what would you even report him for griefing? And what would the punishment be?

And please don't belittle me, I know what griefing is, seeing as I do it regularly in various FPS games.

So you ask to not be bellitled when you very clearly go out of your way to troll a rant post? Don't play the moral high ground code on me either dude, you admit that you grief yet you say swearing at people is wrong... WTF are you smoking, I worry to think about how misguided the rest of your judgement processes must be

2ujkxgp.jpg

So you ask to not be bellitled when you very clearly go out of your way to troll a rant post? Don't play the moral high ground code on me either dude, you admit that you grief yet you say swearing at people is wrong... WTF are you smoking, I worry to think about how misguided the rest of your judgement processes must be

I'm not trolling, I'm replying. Not every person who disagrees with you is trolling.

I'm not playing the moral high ground. Swearing at people in RS isn't justified or right. Griefing is not either.

Please stay away from the ad hominem attacks as well.

• Like 1

"When you can't answer a question, attack the one who questions."

"An Amateur practices until he can get it right. A Professional practices until he can't get it wrong."

nimetnbb.jpg

Quests just keep bringing me back to this game.

/endrage

Your behavior was hardly constructive. Next time, instead of yelling, try politely explaining to him the error of his ways. Yelling accomplishes nothing, if anything, it only makes the person want to annoy you even more. If you try to help them, the floor may not go any faster, but at least they'll be better the next time they dunge.

/endrage

Your behavior was hardly constructive. Next time, instead of yelling, try politely explaining to him the error of his ways. Yelling accomplishes nothing, if anything, it only makes the person want to annoy you even more. If you try to help them, the floor may not go any faster, but at least they'll be better the next time they dunge.

I'm well aware that my behavior was unproductive, it wasn't meant to solve the problem and in a sense it accomplished what I wanted it to, which was vent. As far as try to explain to him what he was doing wrong, I did, the ENTIRE dungeon.... He didn't listen once, he didn't even acknowledge that somebody was trying to communicate with him and help him... I wasn't yelling at him or being beligerent the entire time, I only decided to use some choice wording at the very end after the boss.

2ujkxgp.jpg

I only decided to use some choice wording at the very end after the boss.

And you were rightfully muted.

I am still surprised that you actually wanted to report him for griefing...

I got a 14 day ban for sarcasm and the appeal has not been processed in 6 weeks. This is bloody ridiculous.

I'm expecting something similar for my current mute.

I know who reported me, however, and know that he's a griefer. I was essentially muted for calling myself an [wagon] (This is my typical humor) and saying "[bleep] yes" (A justifiable statement after having found 3 magic seeds withinin 18 nests and as a result making ~1m in a few seconds).

I got a 14 day ban for sarcasm and the appeal has not been processed in 6 weeks. This is bloody ridiculous.

I'm expecting something similar for my current mute.

I know who reported me, however, and know that he's a griefer. I was essentially muted for calling myself an [wagon] (This is my typical humor) and saying "[bleep] yes" (A justifiable statement after having found 3 magic seeds withinin 18 nests and as a result making ~1m in a few seconds).

Neither of those things is mutable EVER according to Jamflex's own rules :roll:

Neither of those things is mutable EVER according to Jamflex's own rules :roll:

Guess what happened one week later? Muted for either telling a guy to find an artist's website so he could legally download songs, or by sarcastically referencing Jonathan Swift's A Modest Proposal when someone tried to bring up abortion in the chat (After the chat mods warned people to stay off politics and religion). On the positive side, I can probably start advertising that Jmods are too stupid to get 19th century literary references. English majors of the world, watch out. :razz:

I think I'll just stop going to HYT if somebody is going to report me every week. My primary goal now is to actually deserve a mute :cool:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I've been playing for 6 years and kinda quit 2 years ago but still came once in a while especially for holiday events. Recently (about 2 months ago) I noticed for the first time rares have dramatically gone up since I played regularly so I thought it would be a good idea to buy red h'ween mask and let it sit on my account. Anyway I've been accumulating the extra millions I needed to upgrade my blue h'ween mask by mining runite in f2p. While doing so I've noticed a massive amount of bots in the mining guild and was made aware they've gained 45 dungeoneering just to auto mine the 3 runite ores there. So I wasn't surprised when every other person that saw me accused me of botting which I simply replied that "I'm not." Obviously I'm not going to tell every single person that doesn't even talk that I'm not a bot when so I guess it's one of those I didn't talk to that reported me (I mean, why would you even think a lvl 126 running around in a blue h'ween mask would risk his account by botting?)

Anyway I log on today to find out to my surprise that I've been permanently banned for major macroing. I appealed, explaining my situation and why people may have suspected me of botting. I don't have much hope of getting my account back because I've heard people suspected of botting never get their appeal approved, but I appealed anyway. Now I guess that people here will just assume I botted and that I'm lying. I've even tried to talk to pmods just to ask how long it takes to process an appeal but they just ignored me and assumed the worst saying that I'm a botter. Yes, I realize it was pointless to ask but I was upset at the time and just wanted some info. And yes I talked to them in a civil and calm manner about it yet I was ignored. I wish one of them would just think to themselves that out of the thousands and thousands of people being banned for botting that it's possible for Jagex to make a mistake and unfairly ban someone.

It's just been a very frustrating experience when I know for a fact that I didn't cheat yet I've been cast out as one. I've never had so much as a black mark or a mute on my account. I guess at this point all I can do is wait for the appeal reply and hope even though I'm not expecting much.

EDIT: So how long does it take for them to reply to my appeal?

Steven_Gerrard_sig_by_Gerrardinho.png

I've been playing for 6 years and kinda quit 2 years ago but still came once in a while especially for holiday events. Recently (about 2 months ago) I noticed for the first time rares have dramatically gone up since I played regularly so I thought it would be a good idea to buy red h'ween mask and let it sit on my account. Anyway I've been accumulating the extra millions I needed to upgrade my blue h'ween mask by mining runite in f2p. While doing so I've noticed a massive amount of bots in the mining guild and was made aware they've gained 45 dungeoneering just to auto mine the 3 runite ores there. So I wasn't surprised when every other person that saw me accused me of botting which I simply replied that "I'm not." Obviously I'm not going to tell every single person that doesn't even talk that I'm not a bot when so I guess it's one of those I didn't talk to that reported me (I mean, why would you even think a lvl 126 running around in a blue h'ween mask would risk his account by botting?)

Anyway I log on today to find out to my surprise that I've been permanently banned for major macroing. I appealed, explaining my situation and why people may have suspected me of botting. I don't have much hope of getting my account back because I've heard people suspected of botting never get their appeal approved, but I appealed anyway. Now I guess that people here will just assume I botted and that I'm lying. I've even tried to talk to pmods just to ask how long it takes to process an appeal but they just ignored me and assumed the worst saying that I'm a botter. Yes, I realize it was pointless to ask but I was upset at the time and just wanted some info. And yes I talked to them in a civil and calm manner about it yet I was ignored. I wish one of them would just think to themselves that out of the thousands and thousands of people being banned for botting that it's possible for Jagex to make a mistake and unfairly ban someone.

It's just been a very frustrating experience when I know for a fact that I didn't cheat yet I've been cast out as one. I've never had so much as a black mark or a mute on my account. I guess at this point all I can do is wait for the appeal reply and hope even though I'm not expecting much.

EDIT: So how long does it take for them to reply to my appeal?

I am sorry to say, but they don't ban you because players think so, they ban you because they have the evidence that you have botted, may it be now or a year ago, if you really didn't bot then you did get hacked and someone else did bot on you account. All the people who get banned are screaming that jagex made a mistake.

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

No one has had access to my account except me. I know this because I check how long it has been since my account logged in when I get on. Not to mention I was carrying around valuables in my inventory because I had become f2p for a while and didn't have room to bank them, yet none of it has ever been stolen.

All the people who get banned are screaming that jagex made a mistake.

And this is ultimately why next to no one would believe someone that was actually been hard done by Jagex. I understand why you may be skeptical, but what I don't understand is the 100% blind trust some people have Jagex. It's not exactly like they have a track record of never ever making a mistake. I know for a fact Jagex doesn't have evidence of me botting. All they are doing is suspecting I am one. However no matter what they decide I can't prove my innocence (unless I recorded every single second I was on Runescape) because it is them that holds this "evidence" and withholds it. I know the reasons they withhold it and I'm not holding that against them. All I want at this point is Jagex reviewing my case and seeing whatever error it is they made.

Steven_Gerrard_sig_by_Gerrardinho.png

• 8 months later...

A long time ago, I got muted for buying spottier capes for 5k.. >.> I guess I said it to much or something. I have to L2Type Slower I guess. :( that was pretty lame though.

• 3 months later...

I've had three accounts banned. I didn't do anything wrong, each time I got banned and ran a virus check, problem was key loggers. I couldn't prove it though. Now I'm working on my 6th or 7th account (lost track) and hopefully won't get banned again.

4000.png

ultramus.png

Well I used to be kinda famous.

I am a skiller who does not really like trading to get crafting, smithing and so on...

I like to keep what I mine, I like to keep or burn what I cut from a tree and so on...

I have really bad connection because I mainly play from China...my job brought me to China in 2004 and I started playing in 2005.

I played runescape mainly because it was the only online game that I could find that could be played with a lag around 1 second or more...

So when I did combat I feared all monsters...try waiting 40 seconds in disconnect with a fire giant hitting you...So I mainly did safespot with ranged.

I gathered 41m slayer exp with ranged or mage (giving me also 173m ranged exp and over 60m in constitution).

1 sunday morning a little over 5 weeks ago (must have been September 23) I got a disconnect, it happens a lot...

I tried to log back in (11:00 am China time on the dot, I think 3am GMT) but got a message saying I had to go to message center...

From China this is very hard to do, so I used a token from my company to set up a VPN line and got connected...

I found out I was permanently banned for macroing/gold farming, no evidence available, no black marks ever...

I appealed, but found out on forums that you have to be lucky to get a review, and that Jagex does not plan to review any appeals regarding the banning of macroers/bots.

Needless to say I have never botted, my computer is very well protected against hackers and virusses, so I am certain I am banned with no cause/reason.

Are you scared to be banned after many years of hard work and membership? You should be, Jagex will ban you and not review your appeal...

Had 5.5 months of membership left on my account.

Not sure what I will do next...àç!é"è('§('§è('!è§('ù^:,,^'"é('é"( add you favorite words for ranting here...

2100+ total 3rd best skiller ever at 99 combat (maybe the best, highest total below 100 cb)

99 Cook 99 Fletch 99 Woodcut 99 Firemaking 99 Range 99 Mage 99 Thief 99 Fish 99 Agility 99 Mining 99 Runecrafting 99 Hp 99 Slayer 99 Smith 99 Hunt 99 Construction 99 Craft 99 Farming