Grrr - I was unfairly muted/banned!

Forum_User

theres too much fine details in remembering all the rules clearly.. ie: if you ask someone in the game how tall they are or how much they weigh is that considered breaking rule 13? several of my friends have been pernamently muted i feel sorry for them, i think i would quit if that ever happened to me. i suggested this appeal to a friend, he was black marked several times the same day/muted . "you were unaware/warned of the first blackmark received if i had been warned on the first offense i woudlve corrected my behavior"

Personnaly i find the game rules quite simple, unlike the forum rules they are set under the main headlines, and are mainly based on common scence.

The personaly infomation one is however probaloy the hardest to grasp rule.

Just to give you the jist: you should not ask or give out any infomation that compromises the safty of your account, or could help to find you in real life.

To protect your account the following should not be talked about:

* Where were you born?

* What is your pet's name?

* What is your mother's maiden name?

* What is your mother's middle name?

* What is your father's middle name?

* What is the name of your school?

* Who is your best friend?

* Who is your favourite cartoon character?

* Who is your favourite actor/actress?

* Who is your favourite band/musician?

* What is your favourite book?

* What is your favourite vacation spot

* What is your favourite food?

* Who was your first boyfriend/girlfriend?

These are basically the answers to the recovery questions. It is also strongly recomended not to give out the date on which an account was started, although a ball park figure is fine, if you rememebr theexact date this is infomation that can be used to take your account.

For real life saftey it is important to protect the community from internet preditors, sadly they do exist in the game and we should be aware of this! There are also cases of bullying or harasment that could be opened from being able to contact outside of the game. Rememebr the adverage gamer on runescape is between 13-17 and needs a certain level of protection.

You should not give out:

* Your date of brith (birth day is fine, age is fine.... not fine together)

* Address - basica areas are fine EG, "I live in Greater manchester" is fine... but "I live in 23 abby street, salford, Greater Manchster" (made up address) would pose a real danger for you.

* E-mail - again this could lead to alot of real world harasment, let alone open you upto viruses.

* My-space/ face book etc - these give huge amounts of personal details and are dangerous

* Phone number - again this is dangerous

* User names on other games /sites: it is important to keep players in an environment where they can be moderated due to the type of peopel who play the game, if they are directed to anotehr site you leave the safty net which Jagex provides.... Jagex cares deaply about it's players.

*full name - first name is ok, but a full name + the are you liv in make it easy to find you in real life.

* physical apperance - again this can be used to find you is some other infomation is given.

Alot of these bits of infmation are usless on their own but internet preditors will often build up data on differnt player and can use small bits you put to gether over time.

I fully understand that people break this rule, especially with instant mesaging addresses, but you must rememebr that it puts you at risk. As I know peopel will do it.... if you do only every give infomation only ever do it through private chat with peopel that you know very well! (very well)

sig2webzx7.jpg

Personnaly i find the game rules quite simple, unlike the forum rules they are set under the main headlines, and are mainly based on common scence.

The personaly infomation one is however probaloy the hardest to grasp rule.

You still don't understand... They DO NOT have the right to play big brother. They should advise members not to give out personal information, but THEY DO NOT HAVE THE RIGHT TO STOP ME FROM GIVING OUT *MY* Personal Information! It BELONGS to me, not RS.

Sorry, it is BAD customer service to ban folks for giving out information that does not BELONG to RS Staff.

It is up to the parents to teach their children, NOT RS to ban good members over anything of this kind. Actually, it is NONE of their business if I CHOOSE to give out my personal info. I should be able to do with my personal information as I see fit.

They are banning and muting good members because of bad ones. This is extremely unfair, unprofessional, and UN-customer service.

You are young, and you just don't understand what is going on. If they were in the United States...they would be in a lot of trouble for the things they do to PAYING members. You do not BAN a PAYING member, then tell them to start another account. In a Court of Law, RS would lose.

You do not ban PAYING members for having a conversation about their private lives. I am a Katrina surviver... If I choose to have a conversation about what happened to me, what I experienced, they do not have the right to ban me over this...

They need to focus on their game, their TOS, and stop playing big brother. With stupid silly rules that they have NO RIGHT to make, much less enforce.

RS does NOT need to protect us... They need to STOP using IN-House email. They need to use our private email to send all information, including a new password when it is needed. This alone would end 99% of all hacking...

It is ok for you to stand up for RS, for most things, but by your own words, you do not understand what you are talking about. Sorry, but it is true.

Desertdee.png

You changed the topic...however, yes I agree with you. Many wannabemods, kids, report for everything, and most is silly reporting.

However, when RS bans a member because a tattletale takes that conversation out of context, and so does RS Staff for that matter, then they are wrong for this. There is many times, when a response to another member is outside the 60 seconds screen shot, so the response may be, and is, many times, taken out of context. This is when RS really needs to rethink its policies.

I have no ill feeling towards the RS Staff, they do a good job with the 'game'. However, that does not mean they do a good job with customer service... That alone, can make, and most definitely, break a corporation.

As the net continues to grow, and games especially, there is and will be games that are similar to RS. The competition will not be over which game is the best to play, but who has the best customer service...

In-house email is the most *insecure* form of security for our accounts, that there is or ever will be. Give this some thought... If our accounts were secure, there would be NO REASON for a bank pin number. Our new passwords should be sent to our PRIVATE email accounts, not to an insecure in-house email, that is easily hacked... If I go on vacation and my account is hacked, then all they need do is have my pin removed in the 7 days. As far as the security questions, that is a given...

There has been way too many customers that have had their accounts hacked for RS Staff to not know their system does not work, and that it needs to be changed. Unless these children hack my private email, which these kids are NOT true hackers or crackers, they will never get my new pw... now will they? ;-)

Also, as far as giving out your private email address or IM in a public venue such as the game, or public forum, our corp does advise against doing this... However, it SHOULD NEVER, and I mean NEVER, be something that a site bans or mutes its members over. That is none of their business in how we as members choose to handle our own personal information. Personal is the keyword... So, if I choose to tell my friend my IM name on the game, so he can contact me, RS DOES NOT have the right to mute, or ban me for this. This policy is horrible customer service, horrible...

Another lack of customer service... Back in 2000, (the corp. I am still with) we got it through our Staff's thick, paranoid, heads, that mentioning other sites on their site, is something they need to GET OVER... For example... If I mention Burger King while eating at McDonalds, and McD's throws me out for this... We have horrible customer service here, don't we? If you as a business, is so paranoid that you think mentioning other sites is going to cause you to loose your customers, then it is time to look at yourself, not the mentioning of other sites. Advertising is different, but we aren't talking about that... If a corporation is secure in itself then mentioning other competition is a healthy thing, and will not bother said corporation...

Please DO NOT use the excuse that RS Staff is protecting us from bad sites... that's a crock, and they know it... Folks need to learn to secure their computers and be safe on the net, we however, DO NOT need any site to play big brother... That is an insult and extremely bad customer service...

These black marks that they give out without a known scale, which is also extremely bad customer service. How long do these marks stay on an account before they are removed? One year, two, twenty?

The impression that is given is, they will take your money allowing you to work hard and level up, only to ban or mute you somewhere along the line. They bank on the addiction to the game, hoping you will start all over, thus, they make that much more money from you as a customer.

I was a legal and corporate secretary (SAHM now), and I do understand the profit part of any business... But, if a corporation does not put their customer service ABOVE everything else, said corp, will eventually fade away, when a corp, with the same commodity comes along with excellent customer service.

I love the game, so don't take me wrong in what I am saying. And I have nothing against the Staff, personally, but criticism can be a good thing, if taken seriously without taking it as an insult. It is unfair that I like this game and that I am in fear that all my hard work, fun and the money I spend, can be lost in a wink, and for no reason other then RS Staff is not professional in their customer service department. If they are that busy and cannot handle the customers on a personal level, then they need to hire more Staff.

It is unfair that a corporation that I spend my hard earned money for their membership, will not communicate with me on a personal level. As an adult customer especially, this is wrong.

Please DO NOT use the excuse that RS Staff is protecting us from bad sites... that's a crock, and they know it... Folks need to learn to secure their computers and be safe on the net, we however, DO NOT need any site to play big brother... That is an insult and extremely bad customer service...

Maybe you havn't spent enough time in varrock(any world) as I have. Every single day I see an auto-talker spamming away some site advertising RS cheats or rs gold. Well I'd say it's unfair to have some unsuspecting player go to that site either wanting the cheats or something, and then get hacked because the site contained a keylogger.

I'll say another thing here that Jagex really does put player safety first. The first priority report is the Personal Detail one. That's the first to be looked at, and it's probably looked over very thouroughly. Your argument losses it's ground here because you can share personal info all you want over private chat. It's only between you and that other person. I don't recommend it, but it's not like other players will spy on you there. But if anything, I hate it when people do it in public. It's a private matter, so that's why it's not allowed.

Hope this made sense...I just woke up

ohmygosh3gk9.jpg

Dlainedee

I, however, think, anyone under the age of 17, SHOULD NOT BE A MOD. They don't have life's experiences in dealing with people that have different opinions then they have. Just because you disagree with folks doesn't mean you take action against them. Just because you don't understand what was being said, taking it out of context and reporting is wrong. Youngin's tend to be prideful and will take action against customers just because of that pride. They don't have enough experience in the working world that deals with customers to be mods.

Ok, I'll tell you right now that I'm sick of comments like these. Moderators are not paid staff. It's actually volunteer. You do not need real life experience, you need game experience. And stop refering to players as customers. There are more f2p players then there are members. The majority of the people being banned are f2p on their throw away accounts. Mistakes will be made, and if anything I hate when a report is made wrong. But maybe what you don't understand, is that almost 99% of the time the Mods are following guidlines on how to report. The way that I look at it myself, is that I'm a player first, and a moderator second. I'll admit that when I first got modded I went and looked for rule breakers, now I'd be surprised if I got in 10 reports in a week. I play the game to have fun, not to go looking for rulebreakers. Modding isn't a skill and it doesn't make me any money.

Is it jealousy or something else that drives people to hate mods so much? Or at least it seems that way, because they sure do get a bad rap most of the time..

ohmygosh3gk9.jpg

You are young, and you just don't understand what is going on. If they were in the United States...they would be in a lot of trouble for the things they do to PAYING members. You do not BAN a PAYING member, then tell them to start another account. In a Court of Law, RS would lose.

Seems to me that I know alot more about things that this than you...... you seem to be spouting out a load of random words hoping that peopel will think that you know what you are talking about.

Players do NOT own thier account, jagex do and they will do for a very long time (till after your account no longer exists). You are using your account under licence, like any other kind of licence, paid of free, if the terms and conditions off operating under this licence are broken the licence can legally and freely be taken away.

At the base of every page jagex proides a link to the terms and conditions of the site, this is the licence agreement that eveybody agreed to follow apon starting an account. If a person decideds to not follow this they no longer have any entitlement to operate on the site.

If sombody took jagex to Court over a banned account, that person would lose their money. It is Jagexes rite to remove you from the game.

Jagex also state under the terms and conditions that players with credit left on account at the time of banning are not entitled to a refund, again apon creating the account you agreed to this condition of use.

I know alot about copywrite law, and of retail legal entitlments, at on point I could quote off whole sections of consumer law including dates and act numbers.

You seem to be under the impression that you own your account and you can do anything you want with it? well I think you will also find in the terms and conditions that you may not share personal infomation on the site, and so no you dont have a right to tell peoepl your infomation...... it's not your desission to make.

Now I am beeing very hard with how I am explaining this as you seem to refuse to accept thinsg liek this.

Personally I dont have a problm with sharing your own personal infoamtion through private messaging, I feel it would become their probelm if anything goes wrong, I feel in alot of cases warnings are needed, as they really are.

However, I DO have a problem with peopel asking for others personal details, this IS a a danger, and should be stoped. It is the responsibility of Jagex to make sure the people playing on this site are safe, this is not a legal requirement, as stated ont he site, but they are caring humans and do care.

sig2webzx7.jpg

Maybe you havn't spent enough time in varrock(any world) as I have. Every single day I see an auto-talker spamming away some site advertising RS cheats or rs gold. Well I'd say it's unfair to have some unsuspecting player go to that site either wanting the cheats or something, and then get hacked because the site contained a keylogger.

I'll say another thing here that Jagex really does put player safety first. The first priority report is the Personal Detail one. That's the first to be looked at, and it's probably looked over very thouroughly. Your argument losses it's ground here because you can share personal info all you want over private chat. It's only between you and that other person. I don't recommend it, but it's not like other players will spy on you there. But if anything, I hate it when people do it in public. It's a private matter, so that's why it's not allowed.

Hope this made sense...I just woke up

Of course safety is a priority, but you have *totally* missed my point.

They should ADVISE, STRESS, and even TEACH safety, but a corporation, in all reality, should NEVER enforce personal safety on any of their members. It is NOT their place to do so. To ban a member for this is unprofessional.

Many times I edit messages of members that post personal information on one of our customer support public forums. I always leave an edit message, so anyone reading the post after this edit understands why I did it. And, in the next 'new' post I will explain to the member why I edited their personal information out, and why it isn't safe to post such information... We also have a filter in place.

However, I WOULD NEVER ban this member, or place 'black marks' against this member for doing so. Same applies to public chats. How CRUEL it would be to do so. How UNPROFESSIONAL it would be to do so.

A corporation should NEVER take severe action against a client when it concerns the client's PERSONAL information. *Personal* is the keyword here. Advise, teach, stress, the importance, yes, but ban/mute, NO.

When it concerns real...SPAM, saying another website once during a conversation, does not make it spam. Giving the link over and over and over again, is spam, and this is usually obvious. Staff knows this, or they should... They also have a filter in place.

Macro/bots... fact of the internet and have been for as long as I can remember. It's obvious to staff when there is a bot, and if it isn't obvious to staff, then banning all members that MIGHT be, is WRONG.

As far as getting a trojan on your computer, that is not RS fault, AS LONG AS, there are NO links on their site that leads to another site that has these illegal programs. Take my word, I would be more concerned about my bank account pw being stolen then a game that is supposed to be fun.

You can advise, stress and even teach your members the importance of updating their anti-virus and anti-spyware programs, but you cannot force them to do so.

In-house email makes hacking extremely simple, with no degree in puters needed... That right there is a no-brainer... The most secure place to send a new pw is the members PERSONAL/PRIVATE email. That right there is a no-brainer...

Securing my computer is my responsibility and not a websites. If I get a virus or trojan then it is my fault, not the trusted website. A website cannot run around trying to protect all their members (from themselves), if they do, they won't have the time to spend on the commodity that they are selling.

RS has a Filter in place, and they stress, like all [good] websites do, internet safety. BUT, playing big brother by banning good members, just so you don't miss banning the bad members, IS WRONG. Then, worse, saying - sign up again with a new member name, IS WRONG...

And despite all that, I do understand rules, but the worst thing of it all is, the lack of communication. Having only 400 characters to explain and defend oneself is the same as saying, you are guilty, and we the said corporation -- do not care what you have to say in your defense, or, how much proof, if any, there is of your innocence. A corporation, that has memberships - customers/clients, should allow their members to fully explain what happened, in their own words (we do have children playing and members from other countries). We the customer/client expects, rightfully so, a reply from a REAL person reading and responding when a canned answer CANNOT and SHOULD NOT be given.

They err too many times against the good members. Because, what appears to be -- it is easier to ban everyone, then deal with and take the time, to prove the members' innocence or guilt.

To me, it is better customer service to err for the bad, then make a mistake for even one good member.

Desertdee.png

Seems to me that I know alot more about things that this than you...... you seem to be spouting out a load of random words hoping that peopel will think that you know what you are talking about.

You attack the poster, instead of the post. This is what a forum troll would do. Not a mod of any company.

Once you act the part of a troll, the rest of message is not worth reading.

You might try to proof read a little also. :-)

Desertdee.png

Ok, I'll tell you right now that I'm sick of comments like these. Moderators are not paid staff. It's actually volunteer. You do not need real life experience, you need game experience. And stop refering to players as customers. There are more f2p players then there are members. The majority of the people being banned are f2p on their throw away accounts. Mistakes will be made, and if anything I hate when a report is made wrong. But maybe what you don't understand, is that almost 99% of the time the Mods are following guidlines on how to report. The way that I look at it myself, is that I'm a player first, and a moderator second. I'll admit that when I first got modded I went and looked for rule breakers, now I'd be surprised if I got in 10 reports in a week. I play the game to have fun, not to go looking for rulebreakers. Modding isn't a skill and it doesn't make me any money.

Is it jealousy or something else that drives people to hate mods so much? Or at least it seems that way, because they sure do get a bad rap most of the time..

You are taking this personally, instead of having a conversation. That is what 'forums' are about -- conversation.

However, you are incorrect... I may play, but I pay. Since I pay, that does indeed make me a customer and/or client.

I know that mods aren't paid, but you are taking this as an offense to mods. This has nothing to do with mods.

The way staff treats it's members, the way things are handled is what I disagree with.

I know many mods on the game, and have become very close friends to them. There is bad everywhere, so I NEVER judge all because of the few. This is what I have been saying, and, communication.

Please, remove 'take this personally' from your thoughts, and then reread my posts... :) Also, remember that along with my personal opinions, I was also responding to what others were saying... ;)

Desertdee.png

I'd like to respond to this, because I am a mod - Volunteer *Community Support Team* member/mod.

Absolutely!! I'm not really positive what the reasons are, but yes, we are treated horribly by many members because we are mods and have direct contact with staff. Many of these members were friends before, but not after. Jealousy was, and is, our first thoughts also, but I think there is more to it then just that...possibly anyway...

Desertdee.png

I like the way you seem to find excuses not to read every comment that will prove your wrong, I recomend you read my message it will point out how wrong you where on so many points.

I may be a bit of a troll, that what the steryotypical offical rants forum users do to me, but atleast I make a fully thought out desission, I will real all evidance provided to me and judge after that, I would asume if you act as you seem to be doing on your site, you will do a worse job than Jagex or me....

Always review all evidance given before you make a judgment, first impressions are no way to judge a situation.

sig2webzx7.jpg

I like the way you seem to find excuses not to read every comment that will prove your wrong, I recomend you read my message it will point out how wrong you where on so many points.

I may be a bit of a troll, that what the steryotypical offical rants forum users do to me, but atleast I make a fully thought out desission, I will real all evidance provided to me and judge after that, I would asume if you act as you seem to be doing on your site, you will do a worse job than Jagex or me....

Always review all evidance given before you make a judgment, first impressions are no way to judge a situation.

That made little to no sense... but... ;)

Desertdee.png

I don't mean to sound as though I am against RS's TOS, because I am not. And, even though I don't agree with some of the rules, that doesn't mean I don't abide by them. Of course I do.

It is the way they handle banning and muting, that I disagree with. The use of canned responses (which I personally tested), and the use of them when it concerns being banned, muted, or just reprimanded. I disagree with.

To invite a member back to the fold that was banned, stating that the member may use a new member name, does not look good.

Black Marks... After (insert scale) a certain amount of time, these should go away, if there are no other infractions.

Desertdee.png

I understand that I am being very negative when it comes to your posts so i will sumarise what I agree with that you said:

Band members should not be able to return on a differnt account! basically they should not be in the community any longer, however the problem comes with the set of up the game, your are allowed to play from any computer, more than one person may use a computer, it is possible to change computer identifications such as IP adresses.

With this I dont think it's possible without a confession from a player..... they could track credit card payments and decline payments from banned accounts..... however then they are starting to mess with credit ratinging..... that is not a good place for Jagex to head, especially as the card holder is often differnt than the account owner given the main audience of the game.

400 charicter is not enough, plain and simple I have always objected to this, and have explained my resonings several times..... it's probaly a waste of time explaining my reasons to non jagex people though.... as most players know it.

The use of premade replys I will be carfull how I word this one, in most cases I support the use of premade answers full for a number of very important reasosn, as I said I use my own set that i have saved in a word document for easy reference..... it improves the level I can work to and allows me to get the correct infomation across, But there are some cases where a little more time should be spent. I must stress though these are problems with individual Jagex staff, and not Jagex as a whole. Jmods I communicate with are very good.

My main problem though is you seem to guess an awfull lot and try to state it as a fact, im not daft and know alot about customer service and law (in many areas) and am not the best person to try and blag off with comments about them.

sig2webzx7.jpg

Well 2 weeks ago I got bannned for real world item trading

I was like: What the hell?

As I've never done that

So I appealed, telling they made a mistake...Denied

Last chance, I begged i've done nothing wrong...Denied in 3 seconds(refreshed the screen as soon as I posted)

Every message I sent to CS after that they automated messaged me

And in every message they stated that if I didn't buy money I wouldn't be banned

This made me so furious that I send a big fat [bleep] YOU to them and spammed their inbox

Now i'm banned for messagging but I really don't care

A game with such CS isn't even worth playing...

I Love Kebab

Barrow item rewards: all minimum twice except for zero Torag helms...

D drops: 1D Med and 1 D chain

Well 2 weeks ago I got bannned for real world item trading

I was like: What the hell?

As I've never done that

So I appealed, telling they made a mistake...Denied

Last chance, I begged i've done nothing wrong...Denied in 3 seconds(refreshed the screen as soon as I posted)

Every message I sent to CS after that they automated messaged me

And in every message they stated that if I didn't buy money I wouldn't be banned

This made me so furious that I send a big fat [bleep] YOU to them and spammed their inbox

Now i'm banned for messagging but I really don't care

A game with such CS isn't even worth playing...

omg, same here...

banned1zt6.png

banned2nz4.png

I have had enough of jagex, I have never even tried to buy rs money, yet for some reason they think I have, I hit appeal, waiting a coupel days, DENIED. so I clicked on the "last chance appeal" wrote out a huge 400 word essay thing, and what do you know, DENIed in under 3 secs, not even enough time to read it, and they gave me the message "you have broken too many rules" umm, as you can see, I have never broken any rule and was banned on the one they think I broke... [/img]

sigcopymg4.jpg

Ooooo I know that name 007, sorry to lose you! world 79 and good ex forum combo.

I think the real world trrading thing is the only rule I know there to be definate mistakes in the banning prosess, however in the cases I have had explained to be by upset players when I trusly belived they where inosent.....

The evidance they had aggainst the account was so daming, anybody in their right mind would have banned them..... however, due to a certain set of events the "guilty" party had no clue.

It's as I feel, a victim of the system..... the evidance was there and did heavily incriminate, however it was just a very complicated event.

As for the last chace appeal thing, remember what that is there for, that system was made for people who had broken a rule, and have come to terms but would like a second chance, it's not for appealing an offence. As such they have stated that they will not give a second chance to a real world trader so appeals are automatically denied.

Sorry to lose some people though, it is usually through a very complicated set of events.

sig2webzx7.jpg

I think the real world trrading thing is the only rule I know there to be definate mistakes in the banning prosess, however in the cases I have had explained to be by upset players when I trusly belived they where inosent.....

Then why aren't you discussing this with staff? As a mod you should be able to stand up for those members that you believe to be telling the truth. As a mod you should be able to discuss with staff when you think they are wrong in their decisions... As a mod you should be able to discuss anything with staff. You should also have a way to email staff privately and discuss anything, with unlimited characters... ?

Desertdee.png

To be honest with you, while I would love to in some cases, it is not my role, I am there to look after the forums and deal with forum issues. Aspects of the game is not an area I have duristrction it.

You must also remeber that Jagex cannot speak with any other person then the account holder about their account, I would not be able to do this.

all discussions of account status are between Jagex and the player. I did not say that I belive a mistake has been made, I merely stared I understand that with this rule some rare mistakes are possible.... If you wish for a judgemnet though I would probaly say 007 and the other guy where inocent, the rule was probaly broken and they became involved in some way, but they where probaly not aware of it.

It is very rare.

sig2webzx7.jpg

Just a reminder here, it is not the roles of Moderators(whether forum or player) to become involved with another person's account status. It's up to the player to try to deal with customer support as best they can, even if customer support doesn't seem to be any help.

It's sad when these sort of things happen, but Jagex does not ban lightly and without reason.

ohmygosh3gk9.jpg

I think the main point is if we had the power to help in that way we as moderators would no longer be able to enjoy the game, although I love to help people and the community it is a huge amount of pressure for a volonteer to have the ability to deal with.

sig2webzx7.jpg

And imagine it if volunteers had that power-- people who shouldn't be allowed back into the game would be because Jagex looks into the player and knows what its doing better than volunteers.

I really don't think anyone expects mods, especially untrained ones to have that kind of power. Though I do have some power where I am a mod, and I can ban (lock out) and mute, I can't do this site wide. That should be left to the paid staff, the employees.

However, if I found out that, for example, Member-A got into trouble for something that I thought was unjust, or unfair, or untrue, then absolutely, I would go to staff with my thoughts... Why wouldn't I?

Btw... No one can really answer... Black Marks, are they removed after a 'certain' amount of good behavior? If not, as a Mod, that would definitely be a 'new thread' I would start in the staff forum, to be discussed...

Desertdee.png

It's sad when these sort of things happen, but Jagex does not ban lightly and without reason.

I am not so sure I agree with you. If a corporation knows without any doubts that a member disobeyed the rules, and feels that the punishment of banning is the just and correct punishment, they WOULD NOT invite the member to sign up with their corporation again, and to sign up using a different member name. An upstanding corporation would never say those words to a banned member.

It is always better to err in favor of the member, then not to. It is better for a few bad members to slip through the cracks, then for even one good member to slip through those cracks.

A good corporation, with a good customer (member) service department, will stop what they are doing and deal with the member on a personal level.

Desertdee.png