Grrr - I was unfairly muted/banned!

Forum_User

My Friend got unjustly perm muted cause of a corrupt mod... Jagex really need to sort out the trustworthy mods from the corrupt...

One of my friends was muted by a pmod without a good cause, that pmod later received black marks and lost pmod status. Pmods can't permanently mute people, you are muted until Jagex deals with you. A person can't be perm muted by anyone except Jagex.

and with that in mind, people need more beleivable stories...

p-mods are watched so closely that any step out of the boundaries leads to seruios consequences...

Heres one for ya. I was fletching and some guy who said they were quitting gave me a glory ammy. A day or so later my account is perm banned and their reasoning?!

"We regret to inform you that this account has been banned due to password sca

mming & gaining items via account hijacking.

Our detection systems show this account trading with at least one other accou

nt that was hijacked at the time of the trade."

"We have reviewed your account, and have decided to not grant your appeal. You have continued to break our rules, time and time again, and due to the severity of these offences as well as your attitude within RuneScape, we have decided that your account will remain permanently banned.

Any messages sent regarding this account will be ignored, and we ask that you re-read all of the rules if you wish to create another account.

RuneScape Customer Support"

I have never broken any rules...in the 5 years that the account has been in existence.

Duke_Kaleb, surely now me and Mc have clarified it, you have to admit that there is something seriously wrong with this system! Plus don't get sucked into thinking we're just menaces to this game. If Jagex offered me Player Mod-ship, I would happily take it, because I would feel I would be doing my bit in contributing to a better community. But as it is, I personally am reluctant to report someone, out of fear I'll put that person (who may be innocent for all I know) through the same hell all of us have been through!
Ok first off, if your reporting someone who you think might be innocent, then don't report them :D

Second off, I can't reveal too much here, but honestly it takes Jagex about 2 minutes to look at your appeal/query and respond. Do you realize how many people play this game and are banned? I can't reveal everything about how the system works, but believe me your one out of thousands. Actually they just hired a few more CS people so just be patient. Other than that, I can't really help you more. I am not customer support, so I can't really answer for them. However, if you have a problem with their service, you can send a query in using the customer support link on the home page.

Hi Duke,

I understand that you cannot speak about what goes on behind the scenes. I also work as a mod, (Community Support Team Member) for another major online corporation. Our staff consists of only 6, and there is approximately 10 of us on the team. Our corporation deals with millions of customers also. We deal with our customers on the forums, and via private email.

Yes, we do have CANNED ANSWERS, but that is for specific questions that are answered over and over again. Never, would we use canned answers for an appeal, a problem, or anything that involves CUSTOMER service with our corporation. We treat our customers as individual people, that have real problems, and need real answers. These are our Paying customers, they deserve respect.

However, you cannot say that RS has a real customer service. They reply with canned answers, where canned answers should never be used. They ONLY have in-house email with a ridiculous limit of 400 characters. That in itself says they don't want to hear what their customers have to say, because if they did, there would be no limit.

In-house email? The most insecure way to run a website. It sets us all up to have our accounts hacked. They know this, they know this... Why they do not allow us to use our own email is beyond anything I can understand. Our private email is where they should send our new passwords, and anything to do with our accounts, not to an insecure in-house email.

They use the excuse that they have way to many inquiries to deal with them all. WRONG!! Either you deal with all your customers, or you get out of the customer business.

I am quite sure that RS staff has been online for a very long time. This is why I am so confused as to why they still have the same mindset that many online corporations had back in 99/2000, but have long since changed - for the better. And even back then, most sites were not as *paranoid*, or horrible as the RS staff is in the way they treat their PAYING customers.

I love the game. It is the only game I play online, but to think that I have invested my money and my time to a corporation that could care less about their customers, does not make me feel very good about my decision to be a part of that site.

They need to rethink their banning and muting policies. I have talked with many innocent PAYING customers that they banned or muted, that DID NOT deserve to be banned or muted. They have some rules that they REALLY need to rethink also.

I have a question about these so called black marks. How long do they stay on a customer's account? If a customer is a model customer, say for a year, is the black marks removed?

Dee

Desertdee.png

6 months ago I tryed using surfpin and my phone wuldn't dial it so i gave up and used certapay through payby cash and PAID for 6 months of membership and yesterday i recieve messages saying that surfpin could not collect a opayment fro 5months ago..[what the heck]? So I sent a billing query and contacted paybycash to help me reslove my wrongly banned account.

That doesn't seem legit to me....5months ago I had problems with paybyphone and I get banned 5months later for paying for my membership a different way?

I'm so mad that Jagex has wrongly banned me when I paid for my subscription.

I have records and everything from paybycash and never once over that 5month period did I have surfpin show up on the phone bill...

Atleast I can get me accoutn back but for a price..........

I'm confused? Why would RS 'ban' you if you couldn't pay the bill, regardless of the reason? Ban???

The corporation I work for, if a member's paid account isn't up-to-date, we just remove their membership as a paying member, but they can still continue as a Free member. RS has free membership, so why do they ban if you choose to go free?

Desertdee.png

Our detection systems show this account trading with at least one other account that was hijacked at the time of the trade."

That makes no sense at all? When I trade/sell, how would I know if that person is the real account holder, or a creep that hacked the account? There is no way for anyone to know. So why would RS hold you accountable for this?

Desertdee.png

Thats what I would like to know. I keep asking them this and all they say is 'We cannot tell you our detection methods' do they even read the messages?

(I can't appeal the ban anymore, this is through the messages area)

I just found out that i had 2 messages with in my inbox, so i immediatly logged out again and read the messages (double posted in my inbox :shame: ) There i read that i made an offence. I was not familiar with it,so i searched a bit around and logged into the appeal a ban section of the website.

I appearanty made said some racist things (wich is not the case) and am muted for 1 day!

I viewed the evidence and saw something way back in january where i was saying "niks aan"(dutch) - "boring" (english) and the world "niks" was replaced by stars. ("****") i first didn't understand this, and discussed it with my friend. I then suddenly though to know what might be wrong at saying "niks" might mean "[racist term]" or something, i discussed it a bit with my friend, when i tryed out the words "[racist term]", "ni-ks", etc.

I do understand that the jagex might see this as racist, but it is not.

I tryed to explain it to them, but the "400 word reply" wasn't long enough to explain. Now i've been muted for one day, wich isn't terrible but not fair either. I got he "evidence" :( :notalk: :x down here. Every one that is dutch is able to see that i didn't say anything wrong.

zellaz: jap

zellaz: allemaal, **** aan ("allemaal niks aan")

zellaz: ****..

zellaz: niets...

zellaz: hmmm

zellaz: misschien denken ze dat niets (ni-ks) negers betekend

zellaz: ****

zellaz: lol

zellaz: best goed.. (antwoord op de vraag hoe ik mijn toets frans ging)

zellaz: ik heb een 4,3 op frans2

zellaz: ****.. ("niks")

zellaz: ni-ks..

zellaz: raar..

zellaz: lijkt denk ik op "*******" ("[racist term]s")

zellaz: ****-*** ( waarschijnlijk "nigg-ers")

zellaz: lol..

zellaz: negers

zellaz: *** ( waarschijnlijk "nig")

zellaz: gers

zellaz: ni

zellaz: g

zellaz: gers

zellaz: nik-s

EDIT: by the way, what does 2.5 out of 10 blackmarked mean? and what happends at "10". Can i lose the 2.5, e.g. after a year?

Member.png

Why don't ya'll go Read the rules and FOLLOW THEM instead of making bogus Claims about how unfair Jagex is. Out of the thousands of claims of unfair action I'd estimate only a handful are legit ... it's no wonder Jagex doesn't listen.

Sure, if you happen to be dutch read my post and think agian. The worst about it are the accusation to me, not the muting or something, just the idea that jagex made a mistake, but doesn't really care about it.

Member.png

my last black mark was in oct 2006 , i thought it was unfair, jagex claimed i was black marked for advertising? all i said was runescape gets too boring , how theres nothing entertaining about clicking the same spot on the screen over and over again like with fishing , wood cutting, and i said i was quitting runescape to start playing W.o.W , i changed my mind about that.

i think its stupid that you have to walk on eggshells while playing this game in fear of being reported by wannabmods ,

the worst part is.. when i was banned for a week last time my membership days were still counted even if i couldnt play!

addyfcookcape,babiangel89.gif

When my main (cb 90) was f2p again, my bank was full in no time. So i decided to make a new account, named 'b4nk b00th'.

Then i started pking with my 90. All the stuff i pked (like 3 rune sets, 10 scimis, few b-axes and ammys and that stuff) i putted it on b4nk b00th.

But when i wanted to sell all my stuff yesterday, i saw bank booth was perm banned!!! I was banned due offencive language ..

When i tried to see the evidence, it said 'no evidence available' .

But i just can't beleave this! I almost never spoke on that account, just to my friends, and then jagex does this! I tried to explain, but they say i kept breaking the rule over and over again.

When i applied it 2 times, the answer was still the same, so they prob don't even looked at my appeal ..

Its just so unfair, and even more becouse i putted almost all my money in that pking, and now i'll never get it back ..

And still I can't beleave what makes jagex so unfair.

lorre_la.png

But then again, you admitted to breaking rule 8...

You may create more than one RuneScape account, but if you do, you may not log in more than one account at any time, and they must not interact with each other in any way. This includes 'drop trading' or any other method of item transfer.

I was expecting that response;

Can I give items to another player from one of my accounts, so that they can then give the items to another character that I play?

No, this goes against the rule. You may not transfer items between your accounts in any way

I have been banned more times than I can count.

My first account got permanently muted, because I told a mod to go hang himself. I think this is unfair, because he should have hung himself, he was bugging me.

My second account was permanently banned because some girl asked me for my password, and I got banned for it. I dont have a clue how that worked.

My third account was permanently banned for saying, "I could be a jagex mod," later on, there was a glitch with the "Last Chance Appeal" System, where they just gave your account back no matter what u appealed on it with. So i got it back, I bought another months membership on it, about 10 minutes later, it was permanently banned again, for an offence called "Permanent ban" with no evidence, just "this account has been banned due to past offences"

I was disgusted by this.

Another account I have had locked for taking Anger Weapons out from "A Souls Bane" quest. I deserved it, it was worth it.

U win Some You Lose Some, Im not complaining, just telling u what ive been banned for.

Im not the best player in the world I know that, its probably all for the best if i get permanently banned again.

Edzed. \'

formatjj9.th.gif

Mt very first account was banned as I didn't know how to use the Report Abuse button. I clicked one of the options without typing in a name, thinking it would give me a detailed desciption of what I could and could not report some-one for, as my friend IRL had told me... :wall:

I quit RS for about a week, thenh created a new account (which got hacked :()

this doenst make sense what so ever i report macro users and i got banned for macroring. theres no evidence? so why did i get banned for a week? just because when iam fishing or whatever and iam looking at another website why do they think iam cheating?

barrowsmranger,tupac404.gif

tupac404.gif

tupac404.gif

i found out a mod was quiting, a walked to his party and there was likw 100 peopel following him, turns out he muted every 1 including me! <.< jagex removes our muted next day though.

Sleds12siggy.jpg

Heres one for ya. I was fletching and some guy who said they were quitting gave me a glory ammy. A day or so later my account is perm banned and their reasoning?!

"We regret to inform you that this account has been banned due to password sca

mming & gaining items via account hijacking.

Our detection systems show this account trading with at least one other accou

nt that was hijacked at the time of the trade."

"We have reviewed your account, and have decided to not grant your appeal. You have continued to break our rules, time and time again, and due to the severity of these offences as well as your attitude within RuneScape, we have decided that your account will remain permanently banned.

Any messages sent regarding this account will be ignored, and we ask that you re-read all of the rules if you wish to create another account.

RuneScape Customer Support"

I have never broken any rules...in the 5 years that the account has been in existence.

I just tried doing a ban appeal on warlordsagan and I got the same message from Jagex:

"We have reviewed your account, and have decided to not grant your appeal. You have continued to break our rules, time and time again, and due to the severity of these offences as well as your attitude within RuneScape, we have decided that your account will remain permanently banned."

Just some crummy auto response, Thank You Jagex for spending quality time reading people's appeals :shame:

6he242p.jpg

"Be Excellent To Each Other"

Jagex do read your appeal, they read every single one. And they look into every single one (allowing for mistakes).

Sure you got a premade message but this is not because it was answered by a computer.

On the offical forums I am a forum mod, I have to respond to the same tone over and over again. This happens alot (for example) in the future updates forum, where people decide not to read what the forum is for, and post a suggestion...... When I go about claring this forum, I can ususall get 20 lcoked threads just on the first two pages (I tend not to go past there). It would be stupid for me to make a new responce every time, instead I have two which I wrote my self, and carfully worded to get all the infomation that is needed acorss.. But I will taylor the messages if it needs it.

Now If I was to make a responce for every thread not only would my work be slower (and more boring), but I would probaly miss out some important infomation. And as I am dyslexic would sprobaly make quite a few spelling errors :oops: .

The same things happen at jagex, like your message ou recived above it would be a stupuid waste of time for jagex to make the same message over and over again so they are premade where sutible.

The majority of things jagex deal with are mundane and repetative. SO whilst it looks like your appeal was not read, it was read, but to improve the service jagex offer they use a premade responce.

Its a good thing!

sig2webzx7.jpg

Jagex do read your appeal, they read every single one. And they look into every single one (allowing for mistakes).

Sure you got a premade message but this is not because it was answered by a computer.

On the offical forums I am a forum mod, I have to respond to the same tone over and over again. This happens alot (for example) in the future updates forum, where people decide not to read what the forum is for, and post a suggestion...... When I go about claring this forum, I can ususall get 20 lcoked threads just on the first two pages (I tend not to go past there). It would be stupid for me to make a new responce every time, instead I have two which I wrote my self, and carfully worded to get all the infomation that is needed acorss.. But I will taylor the messages if it needs it.

Now If I was to make a responce for every thread not only would my work be slower (and more boring), but I would probaly miss out some important infomation. And as I am dyslexic would sprobaly make quite a few spelling errors :oops: .

The same things happen at jagex, like your message ou recived above it would be a stupuid waste of time for jagex to make the same message over and over again so they are premade where sutible.

The majority of things jagex deal with are mundane and repetative. SO whilst it looks like your appeal was not read, it was read, but to improve the service jagex offer they use a premade responce.

Its a good thing!

So let me get this right:

You are dyslexic, your spelling is poor as is your grammar (I would guess as a result of your dyslexia - though I know nothing about the condition), and Jagex made you a FORUM MOD????!!!!!

Either you are lying, or Jagex's forum system needs a major overhaul.

Why is 'common sense' so named, when there is so little of it about?

Welcome to puberty, we've been expecting you.

newsighq9.jpg