Grrr - I was unfairly muted/banned!

Forum_User

So let me get this right:

You are dyslexic, your spelling is poor as is your grammar (I would guess as a result of your dyslexia - though I know nothing about the condition), and Jagex made you a FORUM MOD????!!!!!

Either you are lying, or Jagex's forum system needs a major overhaul.

That seems a little biased. Jagex will judge you on your behavior and your strive to make the community a better place, not your grammar or spelling. That, and did you notice one spelling mistake in his post? Dyslexic or not, he does a pretty good job of hiding it.

f475e02ecc.png

don't worry, you are going to "hell" anyway. wanna race to see who gets there first?

Officially reached 100 Combat at 1:33PM EST, June 14, 2007

First Dragon Drop: Dragon Chain (Dust Devils) @ 10:48PM EST, July 14, 2008, lv113 combat

Offence Type: Permanent Ban Offence Date: 14-Jun-2007

Offence Type: Permanent Ban?

shouldnt this be one of the rules?

This account has been banned as it has received items gained from macroing on

another account.

Transferring items between accounts you own is in itself breaking Rule 8, reg

ardless of how they were obtained.

We have confirmed beyond doubt that this occurred, via our detailed records o

f in-game activity.

You have been deemed to have been in complete control at the time of the inci

dent.

I dont auto, and none of my chars have been banned for autoing, so if they detected it why isnt my other accounts banned?

Besides, i have been smithing on my main for the last 2 weeks, never used this account yet it says i committed it yesterday. Cant wait to see what Jagex says.

will keep you posted.

They wont have banned the accounts they have not found evidance on. Only they accounts they belived to have benifited from autoing will be banned.

It is a possibility for human error in all cases and that is what the appeal is for, use the appeal and it will be looked into if a mistake has been made it will be rectified. As I have no evidance either way I cannot and will not make a judgment if I think you are innosent or not, but I will say that jagex are correct the vast vast majority of the time.

sig2webzx7.jpg

Ah yes, because appealing works so well....

Yeah, it does. The one time Jagex mistakenly gave me a black mark, I appealed, and the black mark was almost instantly removed. Jagex will only give you black marks or ban you if they have obvious evidence of what you've done.

newscape300x50qz7.gif

grammar2gr8dxhn9.png

"If you have nothing constructive to say, don't say anything at all."

Jagex have stated many times that they do review every appeal made, if the evidance use to ban/mute/black mark you is not correct of presence the offence will be removed.

However if the offence was correct the ban will be upheld.

sig2webzx7.jpg

I have come accorss only one incident where a RWT ban was perhaps incorrect. Howvere hearing the evidance the the player (differnt account) I feel everybody would have baned the player.

The account did recive money through RWT'ing directly for free froma through away account, but was unawre of it. the account banning was in all fairness correct, but the account owner was moraly innocent.

Not sure if this makes any sence? but I would prefer not to go into too much detail about the case.....

But I can accept some people banned for RWT where innocent, but often the evidance is so concluive against them the banning will always been considered correct. It's a shame but I dont think it's a rule where a benifit of doubt should be given, there can indeed be mistakes but imposible to spot mistakes.

sig2webzx7.jpg

No matter what the situation, RWT is never acceptable. Some people think they can get away with it and do not realize that Jagex knows exactly what you know when it comes to RWT. You'd think that people would realize that if they can find a RWT website...that Jagex can too.

Also an addition to Bobbinton's earlier comment, occasionly when an offense is pretty severe but the account owner appeals it, they may not remove all the blackmarks. So to those rulebreakers out there, depending on your history, you may only end up lossing half the blackmarks you attained even though you had successfully appealed.(I hope that makes sense).

ohmygosh3gk9.jpg

i found out a mod was quiting, a walked to his party and there was likw 100 peopel following him, turns out he muted every 1 including me! <.< jagex removes our muted next day though.

Sorry but this is absolutely a lie. Without going into any detail or breaking my confidentiality, there is no way that he muted all those people sorry.

ohmygosh3gk9.jpg

So let me get this right:

You are dyslexic, your spelling is poor as is your grammar (I would guess as a result of your dyslexia - though I know nothing about the condition), and Jagex made you a FORUM MOD????!!!!!

Either you are lying, or Jagex's forum system needs a major overhaul.

Bobb is a good friend of mine, and if you do not believe he is a forum moderator then log into the Official Runescape Forums and check the forum moderator list.

ohmygosh3gk9.jpg

I got banned because of some 8 years old reporting me... Jagex NEVER read the reports anymore... Then when I appealed the locked my account for no reason and now I can't even recover it.

The only time they every lock the account is if you claim you were'nt in control of it... Well, to my knowledge...

Ok, let me clear this up. I got banned because a kid reported me for account sharing.

There was this scammer saying that jagex blocks your password. I wanted to make him shutup so I just said "My pass: 12345rune" and he logged out and tried it.... Now I even told jagex that I just said some random word that he would believe was my password, That's why they locked it. They NEVER read the stuff that they get.

The same thing happened to me...

''a scammer says that u cant say pass blablabla

i say a fake pass

a guy who i pissed off b4 reports me

jagex doesnt accept appeal''

10 blackmarks out of 10 on my highest cb acc atm, I had a ban for a while cuz some n00b reported me...

''noob was going to buy my rune long in lumby 20k

we trade and everythings fine

me; hahaha lol i just scammed u i gave u iron long

noob reports

me; just kidding.. :)

jagex accepts report so I am banned for a while but Im glad they accepted my appeal...''

also my ranger had a guy ``gimme 1m or ill report you`` and they didnt accept my appeal!!!

My goals:
[b]5M coins:[/b] 4350K+ coins 200k+ items - 2 dec 
5M coins - 16 dec
I [b]have gotten[/b] my 5M by christmas.

-bah this is only here for historical purposes now, I got 20m+ already

"fail,well atleast the title,i wont read it with that colours"

"If you hadn't posted in rainbow I would actually give this a proper read"

"Colours suck."

*I remove colours*

"Where did all the colors go!? This is now 40% more likely to be tl;dr'd due to the lack of colors."

OK, I was banned on my pure for scamming. But it's not what you think. I was buying 10 lobsters for 2.5k. I put up all my money and he offered 200 lobsters. I only wanted ten so I took away everything except for the 2.5k. He never switched it for some reason. We were on the trade screen for about 10 seconds and he still accepted. <.<

Chain letters make me sick to my stomach... :-X

My F2P Moneymaking Guide!

Always gargle before a takeoff. Wakka Wakka!

My first account got permanently muted, because I told a mod to go hang himself. I think this is unfair, because he should have hung himself, he was bugging me.

that IS mutable, and it was perfectly fair.

I disagree. Online, you need to have thick skin, or don't play online. I think name-callers are low life people, but, to ban or mute a paying member for stupid name-calling, is unprofessional and lacks customer service in the worst way.

Desertdee.png

Jagex do read your appeal, they read every single one. And they look into every single one (allowing for mistakes).

Sure you got a premade message but this is not because it was answered by a computer.

On the offical forums I am a forum mod, I have to respond to the same tone over and over again. This happens alot (for example) in the future updates forum, where people decide not to read what the forum is for, and post a suggestion...... When I go about claring this forum, I can ususall get 20 lcoked threads just on the first two pages (I tend not to go past there). It would be stupid for me to make a new responce every time, instead I have two which I wrote my self, and carfully worded to get all the infomation that is needed acorss.. But I will taylor the messages if it needs it.

Now If I was to make a responce for every thread not only would my work be slower (and more boring), but I would probaly miss out some important infomation. And as I am dyslexic would sprobaly make quite a few spelling errors :oops: .

The same things happen at jagex, like your message ou recived above it would be a stupuid waste of time for jagex to make the same message over and over again so they are premade where sutible.

The majority of things jagex deal with are mundane and repetative. SO whilst it looks like your appeal was not read, it was read, but to improve the service jagex offer they use a premade responce.

Its a good thing!

I have to disagree with you. I work for 2 different corporations online as a moderator. I've done this since 1999. If we are asked a specific question, like how to use the controls of a forum, or how to make a link appear, why the site is running poorly, or a tutorial type question, yes, we used canned answers.

However, when it has to do with a problem, or taking action against a member, especially a paying member, then it should be on a PERSONAL level, not a canned answered one.

If they are going to ban or mute, they need to explain exactly what the member did. They need to have proof, beyond a doubt. They also need to listen to the member's explanation. They need to be lenient, and extremely slow to ban or mute.

If they use the excuse that they get too many emails and cannot take the time for them all, then that is no excuse. Or an extremely poor excuse. They should either hire more staff, or do as the site I work for is doing, we are called the 'Community Support Team'. If they cannot handle the work load that comes with a business that deals with customers, then they need to get out of the customer business.

Desertdee.png

They wont have banned the accounts they have not found evidance on. Only they accounts they belived to have benifited from autoing will be banned.

It is a possibility for human error in all cases and that is what the appeal is for, use the appeal and it will be looked into if a mistake has been made it will be rectified. As I have no evidance either way I cannot and will not make a judgment if I think you are innosent or not, but I will say that jagex are correct the vast vast majority of the time.

How can you say that?!? The one thing Staff never does, is confide with their mods about what actions they take against members. No way do they tell you who, what, when, where... so on... So you have no right to say they are right, have proof, or anything, because you really do not know.

I know for a fact, without any doubts WHAT SO EVER, that they are quick to punish, without any proof.

I'm not saying everyone is innocent, many are not. But, before I would condemn one innocent member, I'd give 1000 another chance...

RS is going to end up on the wrong side of the BBB. It's just a matter of time. I hate to see that happen, it is a nice game. However, there is a lot of adults playing, and this is where RS needs to take time with their CUSTOMERS, and slow down with the banning and muting.

Desertdee.png

Jagex do read your appeal, they read every single one. And they look into every single one (allowing for mistakes).

Sure you got a premade message but this is not because it was answered by a computer.

On the offical forums I am a forum mod, I have to respond to the same tone over and over again. This happens alot (for example) in the future updates forum, where people decide not to read what the forum is for, and post a suggestion...... When I go about claring this forum, I can ususall get 20 lcoked threads just on the first two pages (I tend not to go past there). It would be stupid for me to make a new responce every time, instead I have two which I wrote my self, and carfully worded to get all the infomation that is needed acorss.. But I will taylor the messages if it needs it.

Now If I was to make a responce for every thread not only would my work be slower (and more boring), but I would probaly miss out some important infomation. And as I am dyslexic would sprobaly make quite a few spelling errors :oops: .

The same things happen at jagex, like your message ou recived above it would be a stupuid waste of time for jagex to make the same message over and over again so they are premade where sutible.

The majority of things jagex deal with are mundane and repetative. SO whilst it looks like your appeal was not read, it was read, but to improve the service jagex offer they use a premade responce.

Its a good thing!

I have to disagree with you. I work for 2 different corporations online as a moderator. I've done this since 1999. If we are asked a specific question, like how to use the controls of a forum, or how to make a link appear, why the site is running poorly, or a tutorial type question, yes, we used canned answers.

However, when it has to do with a problem, or taking action against a member, especially a paying member, then it should be on a PERSONAL level, not a canned answered one.

If they are going to ban or mute, they need to explain exactly what the member did. They need to have proof, beyond a doubt. They also need to listen to the member's explanation. They need to be lenient, and extremely slow to ban or mute.

If they use the excuse that they get too many emails and cannot take the time for them all, then that is no excuse. Or an extremely poor excuse. They should either hire more staff, or do as the site I work for is doing, we are called the 'Community Support Team'. If they cannot handle the work load that comes with a business that deals with customers, then they need to get out of the customer business.

I just have one thing to say to this, does your corporation deal with millions of people?Hmm well personally I don't think there are 1million people that post on your forums or whatever kind of corporation you have to deal with. Personally I'm very proud of the entire Jagex staff, with as few of them that there are, they do one great job with the game and even the support.

My one biggest rant in all of Runescape is that people seem to think that Reporting is a skill. Why is it that the second someone says something jokingly to a friend, people report them? It's not a skill, and honestly I hate it when people report players who are joking around with friends. I don't think it's even the fact that they are bothering you, they just report. Is it because they want to be a moderator so bad? That's not a bad thing, but you have a better chance of becoming a moderator if you act nice and helpful, rather then reporting every little thing you see.

So if I could give anyone advice on Runescape, it would be to think before you report. Was the player joking with their friend? or were they purposely trying to harrass another player? I'm not saying to discontinue the use of the report menu, but I'm saying use discretion.

ohmygosh3gk9.jpg

How can you say that?!? The one thing Staff never does, is confide with their mods about what actions they take against members. No way do they tell you who, what, when, where... so on... So you have no right to say they are right, have proof, or anything, because you really do not know.

I know for a fact, without any doubts WHAT SO EVER, that they are quick to punish, without any proof.

I'm not saying everyone is innocent, many are not. But, before I would condemn one innocent member, I'd give 1000 another chance...

RS is going to end up on the wrong side of the BBB. It's just a matter of time. I hate to see that happen, it is a nice game. However, there is a lot of adults playing, and this is where RS needs to take time with their CUSTOMERS, and slow down with the banning and muting.

It's one thing beeing a moderator, its anotehr being a normal player, you are correct Jagex will not tell us any customer details, and that is why I said I could not make a judement..... however I do spend alot of time on the forums, and so i see an above adverage level of jagex staff posts on the subjects.

Some mods i dont know well enought to know their level of truth, but there are soem i see alot and respect I KNOW that dont lie (just too nice). Even the grand Mage Gower has stated many many times that they look into every case very carfully.

Customer support means alot to the company, and they want to get it right! they dont ban without reasons.... sure occasionally the reason is human error, but this is rare.

As a forum mod, I cannot ban without proof, if I did I would not be in the job very long........ everything we do must be justified and inline with our conduct...... we dont make it up as we go along as many people say.

If you where working for jagex, and you had a report on the same issue 100's of times a day, where each inbox message you had to send needed to say the same thing and give the same infomaion, whilst remaining spelling and grammer perfect...... would you really want to give personal replies? in my opinion it would be a total and utter waste of their time.

Jagex have much better things to do than mail 8k players a week with personalised replies explaining theya re perm banned for macroing!

sig2webzx7.jpg

Its a good thing!

I just have one thing to say to this, does your corporation deal with millions of people?Hmm well personally I don't think there are 1million people that post on your forums or whatever kind of corporation you have to deal with. Personally I'm very proud of the entire Jagex staff, with as few of them that there are, they do one great job with the game and even the support.

My one biggest rant in all of Runescape is that people seem to think that Reporting is a skill. Why is it that the second someone says something jokingly to a friend, people report them? It's not a skill, and honestly I hate it when people report players who are joking around with friends. I don't think it's even the fact that they are bothering you, they just report. Is it because they want to be a moderator so bad? That's not a bad thing, but you have a better chance of becoming a moderator if you act nice and helpful, rather then reporting every little thing you see.

So if I could give anyone advice on Runescape, it would be to think before you report. Was the player joking with their friend? or were they purposely trying to harrass another player? I'm not saying to discontinue the use of the report menu, but I'm saying use discretion.

Yes, it is a large corporation. I am one of the few Community Support Members that has Controls in most all the Official forums. I tutor xhtml in their xhtml forum, and 'run' their css forum, along with many other duties in all the other official forums. I work very closely with Staff, and it is nothing for the Hosts forum and Members forum to get over a thousand messages a day, that does not count the responses. I also run my own forum...

Up until a couple months ago, after the new owners :-| took over Classmates, .com, I ran my own school's forum, and almost all schools in Southeastern California, and Southern Louisiana. My high school, I took that forum from less then 100 messages (with no responses) to over 16,000 messages in less then a year.

Enough of my resume. ;)

You changed the topic...however, yes I agree with you. Many wannabemods, kids, report for everything, and most is silly reporting.

However, when RS bans a member because a tattletale takes that conversation out of context, and so does RS Staff for that matter, then they are wrong for this. There is many times, when a response to another member is outside the 60 seconds screen shot, so the response may be, and is, many times, taken out of context. This is when RS really needs to rethink its policies.

I have no ill feeling towards the RS Staff, they do a good job with the 'game'. However, that does not mean they do a good job with customer service... That alone, can make, and most definitely, break a corporation.

As the net continues to grow, and games especially, there is and will be games that are similar to RS. The competition will not be over which game is the best to play, but who has the best customer service...

In-house email is the most *insecure* form of security for our accounts, that there is or ever will be. Give this some thought... If our accounts were secure, there would be NO REASON for a bank pin number. Our new passwords should be sent to our PRIVATE email accounts, not to an insecure in-house email, that is easily hacked... If I go on vacation and my account is hacked, then all they need do is have my pin removed in the 7 days. As far as the security questions, that is a given...

There has been way too many customers that have had their accounts hacked for RS Staff to not know their system does not work, and that it needs to be changed. Unless these children hack my private email, which these kids are NOT true hackers or crackers, they will never get my new pw... now will they? ;-)

Also, as far as giving out your private email address or IM in a public venue such as the game, or public forum, our corp does advise against doing this... However, it SHOULD NEVER, and I mean NEVER, be something that a site bans or mutes its members over. That is none of their business in how we as members choose to handle our own personal information. Personal is the keyword... So, if I choose to tell my friend my IM name on the game, so he can contact me, RS DOES NOT have the right to mute, or ban me for this. This policy is horrible customer service, horrible...

Another lack of customer service... Back in 2000, (the corp. I am still with) we got it through our Staff's thick, paranoid, heads, that mentioning other sites on their site, is something they need to GET OVER... For example... If I mention Burger King while eating at McDonalds, and McD's throws me out for this... We have horrible customer service here, don't we? If you as a business, is so paranoid that you think mentioning other sites is going to cause you to loose your customers, then it is time to look at yourself, not the mentioning of other sites. Advertising is different, but we aren't talking about that... If a corporation is secure in itself then mentioning other competition is a healthy thing, and will not bother said corporation...

Please DO NOT use the excuse that RS Staff is protecting us from bad sites... that's a crock, and they know it... Folks need to learn to secure their computers and be safe on the net, we however, DO NOT need any site to play big brother... That is an insult and extremely bad customer service...

These black marks that they give out without a known scale, which is also extremely bad customer service. How long do these marks stay on an account before they are removed? One year, two, twenty?

The impression that is given is, they will take your money allowing you to work hard and level up, only to ban or mute you somewhere along the line. They bank on the addiction to the game, hoping you will start all over, thus, they make that much more money from you as a customer.

I was a legal and corporate secretary (SAHM now), and I do understand the profit part of any business... But, if a corporation does not put their customer service ABOVE everything else, said corp, will eventually fade away, when a corp, with the same commodity comes along with excellent customer service.

I love the game, so don't take me wrong in what I am saying. And I have nothing against the Staff, personally, but criticism can be a good thing, if taken seriously without taking it as an insult. It is unfair that I like this game and that I am in fear that all my hard work, fun and the money I spend, can be lost in a wink, and for no reason other then RS Staff is not professional in their customer service department. If they are that busy and cannot handle the customers on a personal level, then they need to hire more Staff.

It is unfair that a corporation that I spend my hard earned money for their membership, will not communicate with me on a personal level. As an adult customer especially, this is wrong.

Desertdee.png

It's one thing beeing a moderator, its anotehr being a normal player, you are correct Jagex will not tell us any customer details, and that is why I said I could not make a judement..... however I do spend alot of time on the forums, and so i see an above adverage level of jagex staff posts on the subjects.

Some mods i dont know well enought to know their level of truth, but there are soem i see alot and respect I KNOW that dont lie (just too nice). Even the grand Mage Gower has stated many many times that they look into every case very carfully.

Customer support means alot to the company, and they want to get it right! they dont ban without reasons.... sure occasionally the reason is human error, but this is rare.

As a forum mod, I cannot ban without proof, if I did I would not be in the job very long........ everything we do must be justified and inline with our conduct...... we dont make it up as we go along as many people say.

If you where working for jagex, and you had a report on the same issue 100's of times a day, where each inbox message you had to send needed to say the same thing and give the same infomaion, whilst remaining spelling and grammer perfect...... would you really want to give personal replies? in my opinion it would be a total and utter waste of their time.

Jagex have much better things to do than mail 8k players a week with personalised replies explaining theya re perm banned for macroing!

If they can't handle 8,000 messages a week, when it deals with banning or muting a PAYING customer, then they need to hire more staff, or get out of a business that deals with customers... BOTTOM LINE!

I understand certain canned answers, I use them... But, once the appeal is sent in, then it needs to be read and answered on a personal level. BOTTOM LINE!

Macroing is a fact of life on games, on the net. It has been for as long as I can remember. That can be dealt with in a private way... We are not taking about bot players...

They may be correct the 'vast' majority of the time, but if they are wrong even ONE time, to a paying customer, then they might as well be wrong every time... It is better to err in favor of the bad customer, then to err against a good customer. BOTTOM LINE!

From what I know, the owners went from computer geniuses playing around in their garage, to multi-millionaires... It has a tendency to promote spoiled children that lack training in the corporate world as far as customer service is concerned. You might step on toes of other corporations or those advancing within said corporation, but you don't step on your customers' toes.

As far as the moderators go, Staff cannot know if they will work out until they allow them to be one. I am not talking about the mods anyway. Besides, most I have met are wonderful people.

I, however, think, anyone under the age of 17, SHOULD NOT BE A MOD. They don't have life's experiences in dealing with people that have different opinions then they have. Just because you disagree with folks doesn't mean you take action against them. Just because you don't understand what was being said, taking it out of context and reporting is wrong. Youngin's tend to be prideful and will take action against customers just because of that pride. They don't have enough experience in the working world that deals with customers to be mods.

If you are going to be a mod, you MUST have thick skin. That should be the main qualification... BOTTOM LINE!

For example... Reporting a paying customer just because they told you to go hang yourself, is as dumb as dumb gets. That mod should have been temporarily suspended from his duties for reporting such a stupid, immature thing, as name-calling... That should have rolled off the mod's shoulders, and he either should have made a joke to the customer, or ignored him... However, worse...is Staff banning a member because of name-calling. That is just plain wrong and extremely unprofessional.

They need to communicate on a personal level when dealing with paying customers. BOTTOM LINE!

And, in a TIMELY manner!!

Desertdee.png

Ah yes, because appealing works so well....

Yeah, it does. The one time Jagex mistakenly gave me a black mark, I appealed, and the black mark was almost instantly removed. Jagex will only give you black marks or ban you if they have obvious evidence of what you've done.

I have to disagree with you. That is just not true. Many don't have the appeal button, because it says something like - it was before a time...whatever...

If there is no proof, and no appeal button, then they should lean towards their paying customer. They need to give paying customers a chance to prove that they will not do whatever it was they were accused of doing, again. There should always be, three strikes, before even one black mark is given. IMMHO, of course.

Desertdee.png

You seem to belive that paying $5 per month makes you all mighty and powerfull....... frankly this is not true! Members and non member should (and are) treated the same.

Are you really trying to say that a member encoroging suiside should not be banned because they are paying a tiny bit of money? well what would happen if the person the insult was aimed at did actually hang them selves?

This game has only last count 10million players, these people are of different ages, religions, soucal backgrounds, entelagent levels. Siome people are manic depersives (a high percentage than in real life which means over 1:100) somd are mental imature..... etc etc etc......

You cannot just assume people will take it as a joke! People MUST think about what they say before that say it! you dont know how things are taken.... aside from that joking about suicide is never funny, and shoudl be treated seriousally.

I would not think a perm ban would be too far out for an offence like this.

sig2webzx7.jpg