Grrr - I was unfairly muted/banned!

Forum_User

Uhh.. this may not count, but I has a post hidden unfairly by a stuck up forum mod -.- . Actually two, one I was coming back to edit because it was mean, but in the second post I just apologized and said something on topic to the thread that was a good argument. The stupid mod hid my post and said "It's ok I decide what posts to hide by myself." The comment didn't even make sense, grr, stupid forum mod.

--The Night

Nighteyes604.gif

Ok, I have seen your posts, and if I read them I too would have hidden them.

They where just 3 big posts of flaming, and I dont feel it would ahev been fair to have kept them there.

Us moderators dont know if you are coming back to edit somthing, we can only judge somthing on how it appears. I suggest before you post you should think more carefully about what it is you want to say,and how you come acorss.

If you have a problem with Skates (the mod in question) actions you need to contact Jagex with the following information:

The full name of your thread (where the issue occurred).

The name of the forum your thread was posted on.

The name of the Moderator in question.

So that they can look into it. But I suggest you think about how your posts looked to readers before doing this.

sig2webzx7.jpg

This is why I don't talk while I play, except for language that could only be interpreted in one way: the way I want it to be interpreted. No jokes, no sarcasm, and no language with double entendre, as it's just so common for a person to report you. Jagex then takes the quote out of context and bans you. When I am in free worlds, I say NOTHING, except "no, I'm not giving you free stuff" and "Ty" when someone complements me (I'm not even that good!). Just too many noobs who want the silver crown. Jagex can't say I say offensive language because I don't say anything.

Unfortunately, I got a really nice permenant ban for password scamming. I sent in a ban appeal, and it worked because the IP was different. The problem: My browser didn't support the account recovery box! I had to wait a month for my dad to bring me to work so I could use his work computer. :wall:

Astaroth51.png

signc6.png

Luckily I've never gotten any blackmarks but my friend got like a month's banning because he said 'telephone'...

O and I didn't get banned or anything but 1 guy said he was going to report me because I said "sellin 500 laws, 800gp ea." so a noob puts up 800gp for all and I take all of them off except one and he said he was reporting me because I said I was selling them all for 800gp and I was a scammer...

EDIT: (this was in f2p btw)

EDIT2: I also think I might have gotten in trouble today though because I heard 2 noobs cursing at each other and stuff so I reported one and then the other and it said "You already sent a screenshot in the last 60 seconds. Don't abuse the system".

Kaisershami.png

Kaisershami.png

meorkunderscore-1.jpg

Their system is unfair, you can get banned every minute for saying nothing for example : my friends friend got banned for saying " Hey " How wierd is that? Later he appealed and it was denied!

jagex doesnt ban just because you say "hey". either your friend was lying or his friend did something else before he was banned

newscape300x50qz7.gif

grammar2gr8dxhn9.png

"If you have nothing constructive to say, don't say anything at all."

My only offence is a temp mute for "auto typing / spamming the chat box" What happened was I was in world two merchanting half keys / crystal keys and there was a p mod there doing it too. Well I was buying for more than him and typing faster than him so what does he do? Temp mutes me. When Jagex sees it they think I was auto typing so the mute is upheld. I appealed it and explained the situation, but I just got some stupid form response. Lame. At least I know that they really don't look at their reports closely.

I have an account that was unfairly banned about a year ago. I never did anything about it because it really angered me. I just made another account and played free servers. I have about five new accounts since then that I play regularly and refuse to pay for membership. The bad thing is, I was in the top 3,000 in hi scores overall. And the account has a lot of rare holiday drop items.

Anywho, here it goes. Before I had always paid by phone for membership. In fact, there were months I had membership I did not play. I didn't mind to much, since if I felt like playing I knew i would have membership.

Well, one day I moved and decided against a home phone, and I went from dial up to broadband cable connection. I had a cell phone, but could not use it to pay.

Now down to the real guts of it all. I went through the pay provider, they offered pay by phone of course. They also offered alternative payment methods. Well the only way I was able to find out that I could pay by money order was to provide a bunch of my personal information, which I did do. I was simply trying to find out my other options. I did not realise I had sealed the deal.

In my opinion, this pay provider should be more up front with the alternative methods.

I just wanted to find out so in the future when I had the spare cash I would know my options.

I really feel like I got jerked around.

Edit: Okay, I went to try and appeal it finally. I checked my message center as it said when I tried to log on. Well, since it has been over three months there were no messages. And when I went to use the appeal a ban link it would not let me appeal.

Here is what it said when I went to appeal.

There are currently 0 blackmarks out of 10 on this account

Your account is currently in negative credit as a result of billing problems, and will not be allowed to access the game - please see your message centre for details

I believe that more or less shows that I was a good player having no blackmarks. And is a credit to the story I told previously. How can I go about resolving this.

I find it funny how on another thread people are quick to point out when you do something wrong, but when you are in the right and get a bad wrap, and you are trying to go about resolving it, they could care less

in4F.gif

ok im lvl 3 member so of course everyone thinks i auto thats why i have to talk this guy lvl 43 said i auto and id had enough of it that day so i went mental at him then a mod comes bam im muted ye not to bad only 3 days then i went fishing and about 5 people say i auto and i cant talk back so yep i got muted agtain after having a massive go at enough i think iv had aroung 2k reports on me now..

First of all you can check your blackmarks by going to the Runescape homepage and scrolling down until you see the link "appeal a ban/mute".

Second

ok im lvl 3 member so of course everyone thinks i auto thats why i have to talk this guy lvl 43 said i auto and id had enough of it that day so i went mental at him then a mod comes bam im muted ye not to bad only 3 days then i went fishing and about 5 people say i auto and i cant talk back so yep i got muted agtain after having a massive go at enough i think iv had aroung 2k reports on me now..

I don't understand how you were muted again once you already were muted, as you realize that in order to report someone for something verbal, then you must talk within the last 60 seconds. And also, I'm level 3 on this account too, and I don't normally like to talk all that much...but don't worry because Jagex fully investigates behavior of an account before actioning someone for macroing.

ohmygosh3gk9.jpg

I have a clean record 8-) but it seems to me that JaGEx can be very unfair in some circumstances. It really seems that they should review their policies on banning and maybe get more staff to sort through reports. Until recently I have never been particularly worried about being hacked as a lot of the money that i make is invested into skills but it is much more worrying now I have seen how unfair JaGEx can be. Some players are unfairly banned while others get modships the don't deserve. Personally, I've never had bad experiences with P-Mods but as the person that was muted for typing faster than a mod shows, not all mods deserve the crown...

crunchbag.png

Proud owner of Legends Cape since 10.03.07

Completed Desert Treasure on 21.03.07

First achieved Quest Cape on 14.08.07 at 89 combat

[lmao] I got 7.5 blackmarks on my strength/mage/range hybrid because I was "using third party software". This is bull crap because the only thing I've ever used while playing rs is Limewire, aim, or hypercam. Lol i guess this is a good thing, gives me time to work on my main and what not. But 7.5 black marks for nothing!! What the [bleep]!

Taping RuneScape by any means is a violation of copyright laws. You're lucky they just banned you. There's worse that coulda been done. :shame:

50m.png

^ Going for full 3rd age Ranged, no coif, with about 10m to spare. Merching ftw.^

TIF vs KWD=Tif scared

i think if you say soemthign and it gets through the filter you shouldnt get muted or blk marks

i recieved another .3 blk marks last night for saying the simple r word on a german friend since in english servers its blocked but i use it i didnt realize you could so i cant wait for my reply of "we have reason to..."

My only offence is a temp mute for "auto typing / spamming the chat box" What happened was I was in world two merchanting half keys / crystal keys and there was a p mod there doing it too. Well I was buying for more than him and typing faster than him so what does he do? Temp mutes me. When Jagex sees it they think I was auto typing so the mute is upheld. I appealed it and explained the situation, but I just got some stupid form response. Lame. At least I know that they really don't look at their reports closely.

Ouch... From what I've read most of you people are either lying or it's true- Jagex has become deeply corrupted.

As for that one, just one more instance of abuse of power/being consumed by greed.

One of these days I'll find my account muted for saying that. :-#

50m.png

^ Going for full 3rd age Ranged, no coif, with about 10m to spare. Merching ftw.^

TIF vs KWD=Tif scared

After 3 or 4 years of honest gameplay, following all the rules and playing my part in making the RS community better, I get a permanent ban along with a good friend :(

I was accused of RL trading and encouraging others to break rules.

What really happened was:

Last week I turned F2p, and didn't get my membership back immediately as I planned to high-alch 10K Green Bodies while I was F2p.

So the day after I turned F2p, I browse through the forums and purchase a Red Partyhat. As I had a P2p banksize, I couldn't bank my Partyhat. I've been hacked a few times in the past, and so I didn't want to risk losing my Partyhat. So I ask a good friend to hold onto it for a few days until I get my membership back. On Sunday (Yesterday) I got my membership back and my friend returned the Partyhat.

So there it is. Me, and my friend were accused and perm banned for that ^

We have appealed but the chances of Jagex actually believing us is probably slim.

We recieved our reply about 30minutes later.

An automated response saying "we have conclusive evidence that you were in control of the account at the time of the offence and for this reason this offence will remain on your account."

In my appeal, I did not say I wasn't in control of my account. And I did not cause an offence. Their response is pathetic.

Tugrul88 ---> Perm Banned because Jagex can't distinguish the difference between Trust-trading and RW trading.

l_3_v_3_l_3.gif

I've loyally played this game for over 5 years; however, me and my brother had never really bothered to check our black marks until the other day, and he discovers that he has been given one, under "Rule 6."

************: do u have a main though?

bro: no

************: so that's ur main?

bro: yea

bro: but my bro helps me out

************: oh ok cool

bro: um?

bro: that wouldnt even fit under anythjing

************: reported for what?

bro: by help me i mean he gives me stuff from his char

bro: ur wierd

************: reported for joking

************: hehe

bro: did u fail 2 notice my bro here?

bro: lj13...

bro: he came here u noob..

bro: i let him on my comp a sec

************: wow this the 2nd time i reported u

bro: for what?

************: u might get muted

bro: ive done nothing out of the rules

************: yes u did

bro: what?

************: u said the n word

bro: ive played for 5 years and have 0 black marks

bro: i know the rules noob noob noob

************: cool, u'll get one soon

bro: noob isnt bad

bro: noob means noob

Now the actual evidence was two full pages, so he sent a reply explaining what REALLY happened and asking Jagex to re-read the evidence. (He had got off the computer, I had logged in, waved, then allowed him back on the computer) Exactly 7 seconds later:

Thank you for your appeal.

We are sorry to inform you that this appeal has been denied.

We have conclusive evidence that you were in control of the account at the time of the offence and for this reason this offence will remain on your account.

We suggest you take some time to remind yourself of the Rules of RuneScape before you start playing again!

RuneScape Customer Support

No where in his reply did he say he was not in control of his account...nor could the evidence been sent, re-read, and replied to in 7 seconds

I guess Jagex really does care about its loyal players :uhh:

You make it sound like running through a few level 87 monsters is hard which it really shouldn't be at your level.

riptide_mage.png

riptide_mage.png

I've loyally played this game for over 5 years; however, me and my brother had never really bothered to check our black marks until the other day, and he discovers that he has been given one, under "Rule 6."

************: do u have a main though?

bro: no

************: so that's ur main?

bro: yea

bro: but my bro helps me out

************: oh ok cool

bro: um?

bro: that wouldnt even fit under anythjing

************: reported for what?

bro: by help me i mean he gives me stuff from his char

bro: ur wierd

************: reported for joking

************: hehe

bro: did u fail 2 notice my bro here?

bro: lj13...

bro: he came here u noob..

bro: i let him on my comp a sec

************: wow this the 2nd time i reported u

bro: for what?

************: u might get muted

bro: ive done nothing out of the rules

************: yes u did

bro: what?

************: u said the n word

bro: ive played for 5 years and have 0 black marks

bro: i know the rules noob noob noob

************: cool, u'll get one soon

bro: noob isnt bad

bro: noob means noob

Now the actual evidence was two full pages, so he sent a reply explaining what REALLY happened and asking Jagex to re-read the evidence. (He had got off the computer, I had logged in, waved, then allowed him back on the computer) Exactly 7 seconds later:

Thank you for your appeal.

We are sorry to inform you that this appeal has been denied.

We have conclusive evidence that you were in control of the account at the time of the offence and for this reason this offence will remain on your account.

We suggest you take some time to remind yourself of the Rules of RuneScape before you start playing again!

RuneScape Customer Support

No where in his reply did he say he was not in control of his account...nor could the evidence been sent, re-read, and replied to in 7 seconds

I guess Jagex really does care about its loyal players :uhh:

So I'm not the only one this has happened to :/

I haven't sent my final appeal off yet, since they probably wont even bother reading it.

Sad how many loyal players are banned and there are still thousands of macroers about.

Tugrul88 ---> Perm Banned because Jagex can't distinguish the difference between Trust-trading and RW trading.

l_3_v_3_l_3.gif

Luckily my brother only received one black mark..but its ridiculous how they don't even read appeals. Why offer something that is never done? Its like a company advertising a new product, but not actually manufacturing the product. It gets everyones hopes up and then they think to them selves "Rofl...noobs"

You make it sound like running through a few level 87 monsters is hard which it really shouldn't be at your level.

riptide_mage.png

riptide_mage.png

This happened on my old account, Supersam20. Just because I had Chat off and stuff, people thought I used an autoer.

I was once cutting trees near the mudskipper point and near the ice dungeons at Port Sarim. And I kept going to the bank and back, bank, back and so on. Then someone thought I was autoing, then I logged off and the week, I log on and I found out I was banned.

1337feathers.jpg