Grrr - I was unfairly muted/banned!

Forum_User

But they didn't punish me for offensive language, they punished me because I was, apparently, sharing my account with my brother when he grabbed the keyboard.

Also, I was not saying "Jagex blocks ur pass look ******* try!"

I was simply stating, though incorrectly, that they blocked your pass, and was not at all encouraging anyone to say it.

I once shot a man in Reno, just to watch him die.
Pics or it didn't happen.
I hate my generation.

Out of intrest, as a player moderator.... even though you have disagreed with the punishment, do you feel that the system should have removed your title after breaking the rules?

It's my personaly view that rule breaking by a moderator should result in the stripping of a title, I am just intrested if you think the same....

I know as a forum moderator if I broke a rule in the forums I would have my status removed, and I am quite supprosed it's not the same with you guys (justified or not)

sig2webzx7.jpg

Out of intrest, as a player moderator.... even though you have disagreed with the punishment, do you feel that the system should have removed your title after breaking the rules?

It's my personaly view that rule breaking by a moderator should result in the stripping of a title, I am just intrested if you think the same....

I know as a forum moderator if I broke a rule in the forums I would have my status removed, and I am quite supprosed it's not the same with you guys (justified or not)

Yeah, I'm a player mod also, and when I read this I was surprised as well that you weren't stripped of your title. I think that if a moderator breaks a rule, no matter how minor it is, their mod status should be taken away. No offense Bac_Talan...

sig2-1.png

Last.Fm

My Bloggy

Proud to have served on Tip.it Crew

I was unlucky enough to get permanent muted on August 21st... They seemed to have built up 7 offences on me over the last year and a half, then dated all of them with August 21st and gave them to me lol.

I now have 10.7 out of 10 blackmarks. lol

This is how the customer support works...

option 1: an automated message is sent to you saying you were in control of the account, even though you admitted to that and apologized.

option 2: the staff member working on your offence reads it over, then shakes up a magic 8 ball to decide what to do.

[developmentally delayed]ed Jagex Ape/Staff member:"ohh mighty mysterious magic 8 ball! should i remove this guys offences?"

Magic 8 Ball:"signs point to no..."

Pro Muter For Life

altizzle.png

Why didn' t you wrote "I WILL KILL MYSELF IF I AM NOT UNBANNED!!!"

That has worked.

what the hell, you serious?!?

That has to be one of the most offensive ideas I've ever seen! Your trying to get your account unbanned by guilt tripping some poor sod into thinking you might kill yourself! how do you think the person on the other end of your appeal might feel? You want to unban your account soooo bad that your gonna make Jagex think they have a possible corpse on their hands, how about a nice tall glass of 'real life perspective' for ya?

that is totally, totally, not cool in any way.

jagexvote.png :thumbsup:

[url=http://www.computerandvideogames.com/joystick/vote.php][img=http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q265/mr_moocky/jagexvote.png][/url]

Why didn' t you wrote "I WILL KILL MYSELF IF I AM NOT UNBANNED!!!"

That has worked.

what the hell, you serious?!?

That has to be one of the most offensive ideas I've ever seen! Your trying to get your account unbanned by guilt tripping some poor sod into thinking you might kill yourself! how do you think the person on the other end of your appeal might feel? You want to unban your account soooo bad that your gonna make Jagex think they have a possible corpse on their hands, how about a nice tall glass of 'real life perspective' for ya?

that is totally, totally, not cool in any way.

It was sarcasm -.- besides, it' s a computer, looks for keywords.

RSN:Mico1311 Combat: 82 Highest skill: Fishing 75 Playing time: From around August 2003

The guy in my avatar is Veso, a comedian mastermind.

Figured I'd quote this post since it was more relevent to the point I plan on making. That point being that the respect meter for Jagex just dropped an epic amount.

I've personally ran into my fair share of abusive, ignorant to the rules, generally unpleasant (not an offense, but eh, figured I'd throw it in there.) player moderators. And to realize that they get to keep their title even after an offense? That's just plain ridiculous, and I can't fathom how someone could see otherwise.

Yeah, I'm a player mod also, and when I read this I was surprised as well that you weren't stripped of your title. I think that if a moderator breaks a rule, no matter how minor it is, their mod status should be taken away. No offense Bac_Talan...

So you're saying I should be demodded because my immature 9-year-old brother grabbed the keyboard and typed something?

I once shot a man in Reno, just to watch him die.
Pics or it didn't happen.
I hate my generation.

No no sorry, as a moderator myself I am asking for your opinion...... Should a moderator get demodded for commiting a crime that Jagex polocy deams as requireing a a black mark against they account for?

Ignore your mark..... if you heard of another pmod getting muted, and a black mark for ANY reason should they get demodded for it?

sig2webzx7.jpg

So you're saying I should be demodded because my immature 9-year-old brother grabbed the keyboard and typed something?

All I'm saying is that there is no way to prove that your telling the truth. You may be, and I'm pretty sure that you are, but a lot of times people make up crazy excuses for why they did the offense. Mostly lies.

sig2-1.png

Last.Fm

My Bloggy

Well, a hacker took my old main when I was away. Rune miner and 106 cmb. (just after rs2 release)

I came back after a rear to get my char back, I got it back and it was banned. I tried to get it unbanned and they sent me the same standard reply every time. Even though I was very mature and real about it. Banning is not bulletproof. They messed up a bit there. but hey they try to do their job. I have no real grudges, only that they should have looked more into my case this time because I have had a few troubles with this before. (changed computer after that, and grown a lot wiser in knowledge about these things as I grew older ).

ahh well. That was a good character xx.fig.xx

And I have actually good memories with him if truth is to be told.

I made a new though and he is getting fairly decent=)

well that is a very brief version of my story. It is kinda sad that I wasted that much time for 86 mining and 70+ smithing for nothing but that's life=)

ok i was on vacation for a few week i tyr to log in and it say your account has benn blah blah blah -.- i looked in my messages thing and it says you have been banned for offensive language i had 0 blackmarks before that(btw if you havent figured it out i got hacked-.-)i appealed and it denied the crap :-s <.< -.- dumb jagex :evil:

current goals:

[63/70 range]<<<<<

41/50 mage ^^^ i had meh d bow!@!@:)

<<1.3 blackmarks image>>

Kinda pathetic, huh?

Heh.. I got .1 less blackmarks than you and I'm a non-mod. :anxious:

Anyway, all the black marks I got I deserved. I was an immature kid who didn't understand a thing about RuneScape or it's rules. The first offense, I spammed unintentionally. The second and third times, I lost my temper and I cursed at them. I honestly regret doing those things. I wish I knew how to appeal back then. Or.. at least I wish that I apologized!

j0xPu5R.png

i got flipping muted for asking a question... i did not know that that could get me muted!!! :wall: !!!! :wall: !!!!!!! :wall: !!!!!!!!!! :wall: !!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wall:

gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah this pisses me off more the time my brother cut my leg open and laughed!!!

P.S. SachikoNami hot sig <3:

Sumondskull6.png

gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah this pisses me off more the time my brother cut my leg open and laughed!!!

I' d friggin cut his heart out...

Anyway, if JAGeX would finally get some real mods at the coustomer service and not some machines, Rune Scape would be better. They could also put some friggin mods at flac fields, yew/magic trees and so on. Don' t they realise they are loosing coustomer with their incompetence.

RSN:Mico1311 Combat: 82 Highest skill: Fishing 75 Playing time: From around August 2003

The guy in my avatar is Veso, a comedian mastermind.

i got flipping muted for asking a question... i did not know that that could get me muted!!! :wall: !!!! :wall: !!!!!!! :wall: !!!!!!!!!! :wall: !!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wall:

P.S. SachikoNami hot sig <3:

May I ask what you asked?

sig2-1.png

Last.Fm

My Bloggy

I' d friggin cut his heart out...

Anyway, if JAGeX would finally get some real mods at the coustomer service and not some machines, Rune Scape would be better. They could also put some friggin mods at flac fields, yew/magic trees and so on. Don' t they realise they are loosing coustomer with their incompetence.

Seems to me Mico that you just wanted to agree with him there just to floame Jagex..... you have no idea of the circumatances and untill I hear otherwise I will asume that it was correct. Don't just asume Jagex where wrong... they are almost always right.

As for your other point, I know more about this area that you will and can tell you that you are wrong and there are oten Jmods there, along with other methods of bot removal that i wont go into (as I am not sure how confidential it is)..... but the important point is Jagex and the mods are doing ALOT more than you think.

sig2webzx7.jpg

yes, you are responsible for what goes on your account. also my pmod friend was telling me you arent meant to brag about muting, nice "i have muted under that for many times before" at the top. TBH i think you should be demoted from pmod and either temp banned or muted simply because of them 2 offenses, and also saying "jagex blocks your pass" on your noob acc, because a pmod should know better than that. also bragging about muting.