Grrr - I was unfairly muted/banned!

Forum_User

I belive it's only the 'illegal' bans that they don't allow it for such as autoing, RWTing and paying with stolen credit.

It is not an appeal of the offense, it is basically "Yes, I have done it.... sorry... I wont ever do it again and feel i can be a constructive member of the community if you let me back"

Type thing

sig2webzx7.jpg

I just got muted after reaching 99 attack... For asking somebodys name. I had been training next to this person, engaging in conversation an for a good couple hours, they asked me questions I asked them questions. I guess in between there somewhere, he or somebody reported me. I ask myself, why do I still play this game? 117 combat, respected member for 5 years and I get muted for asking someones name? Whatever I guess.

VR6 puts out more than your mom.

I just got muted after reaching 99 attack... For asking somebodys name. I had been training next to this person, engaging in conversation an for a good couple hours, they asked me questions I asked them questions. I guess in between there somewhere, he or somebody reported me. I ask myself, why do I still play this game? 117 combat, respected member for 5 years and I get muted for asking someones name? Whatever I guess.

Honestly, you deserve that mute.

Thats Asking for Personal Details fool.

Honestly, you've know that guys what? 2-3 hours? You barely know him. Only a few RuneScape friends know my real name, and thats because I've known them 1 Year+, and they also have my msn.

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Denizen of Darkness| PSN= sworddude198

Yeah I was muted the other day for calling a guy a poor noob cos I had been training my str pure and took my main to shut him up and called him a poor noob and I got muted for it, really stupid system, they even say themselves calling someone a noob isn't an offence and yet they mute and possibly even ban people for it.

If a girl tells you she's 20, and looks 16, she's 12.

If she tells you she's 26, and looks 26, she's damn near 40.

I was happily hunting Then somebody logs in trying to steal my world... So I say

"Excuse me could you hop please"

He replied with.

"No Thanks I like trying to out rule other people".

So I go.

"You're telling me I looked for 30 minutes of my hunting time to find an "EMPTY" world now somebody is trying to overtake and worst of all A Player mod"

him:"Yes I can do what I like if you swear you're muted so either way I win"

me:"Stupid asstrout"

him:"Reported,look out for your mute"

Kinda unfair that a player mod abusing his powers to try and get me to swear to him..

Thievingcapesigcopy.png

Jeffery.png

180th to 99 Divination + 1st W36er

Rambo, cannot pk call your friends bro :). Wait nevermind none of SAPK/PKS can. Kappa.

i got banned cause some loser stole our credit card number and jagex thought was me

mouseyman76.png

Goal: To get a f2p skill cape for woodcutting and firemaking!!!

98% Of teenagers surround their minds with rap music, if you're part of the 2% that stayed with rock, put this in your signature, ROCK IS BETTER!

I was happily hunting Then somebody logs in trying to steal my world... So I say

"Excuse me could you hop please"

He replied with.

"No Thanks I like trying to out rule other people".

So I go.

"You're telling me I looked for 30 minutes of my hunting time to find an "EMPTY" world now somebody is trying to overtake and worst of all A Player mod"

him:"Yes I can do what I like if you swear you're muted so either way I win"

me:"Stupid asstrout"

him:"Reported,look out for your mute"

Kinda unfair that a player mod abusing his powers to try and get me to swear to him..

I think "asstrout" was a bi of a stupid thing to say when there is an apparent bad mod looking for reasons to mute..... I think you could have done with a bit more sense there :uhh:

But at the same time I do agree there is a problem when a moderator is acting like that. The best course of action is when there is evidence of bad moderating report them under rule 1 (unless another rule is more appropriate) and then send a Message to Jagex stating the issue, the moderators name and the fact it was reported under rule one.

If Jagex manage to get to the message they will investigate, and take any appropriate action against the moderator.

In this case I think the mute would not have been appealable, but that does not mean that their was not an abuse of power....

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:10 pm Post subject:

i got banned cause some loser stole our credit card number and jagex thought was me]

I have heard of that happening before, it's an understandable precaution/mistake but should be appealable. Good luck.

sig2webzx7.jpg

seeing as there is a staff of people that read reports, RS should update the report system, instead of having to try and write somebodies name (to many long strange spelled things) you should ony have to click the report button and boom a snapshot of the last 60 seconds is sent to the people that look over these things. or another things that could help would be to add a (right-click) to report people then a box pops up that you type a few lines describing why your reporting them, and still a 60 second snapshot would be good for that also.

227251.png

im sick of players getting muted for so called autotyping while they werent. so i send this in a complaint to jagex:

THIS IS NOT ABOUT ANY UPDATE, READ WITH CARE

you always said auto typing is wrong, well i've discussed on some other site's forum about: every person that gets banned, appeal their offence and all get the same message back, i guess jagex is using an autotyper? so by this i report the whole RuneScape customer service for macroing, have fun with your perm bans

2egffxf.png

[hide]

Felix, je moeder.

Je moeder felix

Je vader, felix.

Felix, je oma.

Felix, je ongelofelijk gave pwnaze avatar B)

Felix, je moeder.

[/hide]

i have heard people talking about (black marks) pretty much since i started playing and still have no idea where you are looking at how many you have.

i probably dont have any, but where would i look to find out?

(i found it *no marks for me*) :thumbsup:

227251.png

i have heard people talking about (black marks) pretty much since i started playing and still have no idea where you are looking at how many you have.

i probably dont have any, but where would i look to find out?

go to the main page and somewhere to the left stands: appeal an offence/ban

2egffxf.png

[hide]

Felix, je moeder.

Je moeder felix

Je vader, felix.

Felix, je oma.

Felix, je ongelofelijk gave pwnaze avatar B)

Felix, je moeder.

[/hide]

ok i checked the appeal thing today and one of the offenses i already appealed (and failed) is appealable again and im not banned anymore.

i wasn't banned 3 days ago but was banned day summoning came out.

so its a glitch, if u look under general discussion on rs forums a mod has a post about offense changes

blackmmage,k0rn56.gif

• 4 months later...

OMFG i got muted for a day and i have to use slowchat! Its really friken annoying! i cant tell anyone i'm muted and only one of the hundred people or so i talked to today figured it out! I only said 2 or 3 things to the guy who figured it out lol. The OTHER annoying thing was that i committed the offence a month ago and i'm muted now. One of my f2p acc's was banned for an offensive name. This was a month after i made him, and i had made about 1m merchanting in that month. the name was "Reportauto[e]rs." JAGEX HAS PROBLEMS. Thank you for reading.

Doom, chaos, and destruction are all around us, GET USED TO IT!

OMFG i got muted for a day and i have to use slowchat! Its really friken annoying! i cant tell anyone i'm muted and only one of the hundred people or so i talked to today figured it out! I only said 2 or 3 things to the guy who figured it out lol. The OTHER annoying thing was that i committed the offence a month ago and i'm muted now. One of my f2p acc's was banned for an offensive name. This was a month after i made him, and i had made about 1m merchanting in that month. the name was "Reportauto[e]rs." JAGEX HAS PROBLEMS. Thank you for reading.

You having committed the offense a month ago and being punished for it now is a sure sign that Jagex DOES IN FACT READ the reports. It takes time to read through all those reports, eh? The thing about the name though stinks. If the name is offensive, it shouldn't be allowed to be created. I think someone should be able to change the name if that happens.

ffs. my past 2 mains have been perm banned for no reason.

This acc was muted for 3 months (was supposed to be perm) for saying that my friend had given my a lvl 5 account and that it was a noob and i would never use it lol.

Although pretty much every weekend i get muted by a mod in lightning chat for no reason... someone really hates me lol, only 2 day mutes so i dont really care.. being muted can be fun sometimes lol

i got kicked out of lightning without a warning or explanation today. ARRGH

Hiya re4p3r1

and to all others that seem to want to rant here when in fact Lightning chat has nothing what so ever to do with tip.it since I left tip.it/runescape months back

Please do not use these forums to rant at others here about my chat guys. The staff here have no powers to interfer with my chat, though I do still have a few tip.it staff as chat ops there. But the actual running of the chat is for me to do though I have not been around in ages due to real life problems and I will say one thing. I am surprised the chat even still going! Thank you all that help to run it and those that drop by for a chat. I hope to be around more soon.

If you have a problem , then please come to me via private message here. This is so it doesn't bog these boards up with rants but also helps me to look into the problems there.

Thanks

Lightning

P.s Btw re4p3r1 this was the wrong thread to post in, its actually to do with muting in runescape not clan chat :D

[hide=]

i got kicked out of lightning without a warning or explanation today. ARRGH

Hiya re4p3r1

and to all others that seem to want to rant here when in fact Lightning chat has nothing what so ever to do with tip.it since I left tip.it/runescape months back

Please do not use these forums to rant at others here about my chat guys. The staff here have no powers to interfer with my chat, though I do still have a few tip.it staff as chat ops there. But the actual running of the chat is for me to do though I have not been around in ages due to real life problems and I will say one thing. I am surprised the chat even still going! Thank you all that help to run it and those that drop by for a chat. I hope to be around more soon.

If you have a problem , then please come to me via private message here. This is so it doesn't bog these boards up with rants but also helps me to look into the problems there.

Thanks

Lightning

P.s Btw re4p3r1 this was the wrong thread to post in, its actually to do with muting in runescape not clan chat :D

[/hide]

Oh ok sorry i didnt know that, thanks for telling me, it wasnt really a big deal anyways. :D

monoclesmilecopy.jpg

It's ridiculous!

I've been playing RuneScape for nearly two years now, and i was banned for something i did not do.

I was supposedly "Real World Trading," according to JaGex.

I most definitely was not! It's almost an insult to be accused of this, considering i received my very first offence, even though i have done nothing wrong, and i was banned for 10 days! on my very first offence!

So i have 4 days left before i can begin to play again. I think it's not very fair now that i have 0.5 blackmarks (which doesn't concern me haha) it's that i was banned for 10 days, or better yet banned at all, when no evidence was shown for my so called "offence."

Ok, im done venting, and im sure that it's happened to many others, so mine's probably not special :P

Thanks for the venting space tipit! :D

Mrnick12.png

mrnick12.png

Wah wah, you got muted for a day and had to use quickchat. I was muted for a year, and that was before quickchat was around, so stop complaining.

BR BR BR? HUEHUEHEUEHUE

Argh.. muted in a friend's clan chat with only clan members and a few of the guy's friends. Some idiot reported me and I gota 24 hour mute. There goes my stainless record (even 0 marks -> 0.1 lol). After using normal chat for all those years using quickchat is kinda hard <.<

The_Maddest.png