Grrr - I was unfairly muted/banned!

Forum_User

I got muted for 24 hours for explaining to a guy what he did wrong and why i reported him, it came under encouraging others to break rules???. Only got 0.5 black marks or so, wasn't too bad. Im not like a "wanna be mod" or anything but i do report people like i should and then i randomly got muted for nothing. Oh well back at 0/10 black marks now.
Lol, the irony of Jagex...

Massbleeding.png

^dds'er in progress =D

There seems to be a lot of accidental mutes now adays... I honestly think that they automatically give you a 24 hour mute no matter how little black marks you aquired from a report against you. It may be there way of warning. In the past, it just notified you that you had a black mark and it would give you the option to appeal. They didn't always mute for EVERYTHING.

Not too long ago my main account got reported for something little, and I was muted for 24 hours XD. And it was something that you shouldn't even be reported for in the first place lol. I believe I got out of that though..

ohmygosh3gk9.jpg

JUST muted for two days. It was idiotic. I was in my friends clan chat, and one kid starts saying how he ants to give away his account. Huh. Against the rules. After a couple of jokes, another kid comes on and starts being a wise guy, and it reached to a point where he said: "I'm gonna kill myself!" I was a bit offended, because that barely constitutes as a joke, and I responded "No suicide!" THEN, my friend asks the other kid to not talk about suicide, and of course, he blames me, 'cuz I said the word...Just then, a player mod convieniently comes along, mutes me, and totally ignores the other kids idiocy! What angers me the most is the other kid didn't get a mute! He said he was gonna kill himself, and I merely reworded it with "Suicide" and asking him not to commit it...He was the one threatening suicide!

*Sigh*. So anyway. The mod had no idea, and now I'm stuck with a two day mute. Oh well, I guess. I'm not really frustrated, just a little pissed. I mean, after I was muted the mod left the clan chat, so it's almost like the kid framed me and got me muted. :( Gotta be more careful...

Suicide is not something that should EVER be joked around with.. You should have been comforting this person and encouraging him to go get help. To be honest talk of that in-game can attract a lot of attention from Jagex...especially their ICU department. It's not something you should mess with. It can get you in A LOT of trouble.

ohmygosh3gk9.jpg

wow i got temp muted for 24 hours for calling some1 a doosh because it was a lvl 60 at the al kharid guards who was taking all my kills on my pure

but only after i attacked the guard so i got the damage and he got the bones

1100 total achieved 03/02/09 880thousandth to reach it :P

1200 total achieved 29/09/11 1.23millionth to reach it :P

awesome_600.png

i ws using ma main acc bullsie666 and den i was banned for fighting minotaurs for 3 days straight den i went to luk at ma offences and it said i was locked so i quited den i restarted wid new axxx which i gt 54 mge on dwen da ova day i was luking at ma old acc and maged to recover it from being unlocked and dis was after 8 months of the acc being banned and i appealed and gt i bk yey me sorry to others who weer less fortuante :)

Wow. -.-

d30K5.png

I JUST got muted for 24 hours because I was trying to make things funny at the GE.. I said : Buying Weed!! ..

then some guy came to me and said.. reported! I was like wtf?, everyone was laughing at me and everyone enjoyed it while its even legal here.., and then some loser come around to report you.., was just tryin to make the GE live up.. Being funny won't be accepted by Jagex.. ugh... or should I call them [bleep]ex...

Random Events picture updater!

2e9fe66cf4.png

I JUST got muted for 24 hours because I was trying to make things funny at the GE.. I said : Buying Weed!! ..

then some guy came to me and said.. reported! I was like wtf?, everyone was laughing at me and everyone enjoyed it while its even legal here.., and then some loser come around to report you.., was just tryin to make the GE live up.. Being funny won't be accepted by Jagex.. ugh... or should I call them [bleep]ex...

You just got muted for 24 hours? As in today...because that's insane...if Jagex is really that up-to-date on their reports that they can process them within 24 hours...my jaw would drop.

Seems like something that is just MAYBE worth .01 blackmarks for. You should just tell them that you meant Buying weeds. (I believe those are tradable???) But in my opinion, drug references are probably better left unsaid..

ohmygosh3gk9.jpg

No no, hold on, I JUST got muted, but the "offence" has been made like a week or 2 ago..., and I immediatly made a topic on the official RS forums to explain what happened, and I told em I just was making things funny and such..

Then a forum mod closed my thread because I was flaming another player.. I didn't even named his name.. They always lock offence threads #-o. I was just happy I only received one single offence for like 3 years.. and now this happens ugh..

EDIT: oh I see ur a player mod.. so.. what's ur opinion on this "offence"?

Random Events picture updater!

2e9fe66cf4.png

No no, hold on, I JUST got muted, but the "offence" has been made like a week or 2 ago..., and I immediatly made a topic on the official RS forums to explain what happened, and I told em I just was making things funny and such..

Then a forum mod closed my thread because I was flaming another player.. I didn't even named his name.. They always lock offence threads #-o. I was just happy I only received one single offence for like 3 years.. and now this happens ugh..

EDIT: oh I see ur a player mod.. so.. what's ur opinion on this "offence"?

Well firstly, it's stated in the forum rules that you cannot use the forums to complain about an offence against your account, being muted, banned, etc. That is why the locked it. And even though you did not mention the reporters name, perhaps because you didn't know it, it's still flaming the player who was just reporting what he interpreted as offensive.

As for my opinion...I don't really have one. I don't normally report people who are joking with their friends, or just trying to liven a situation up.. as long as it is blatantly obvious that they are joking.

My advice to you: just watch what you say from now on, read up on the rules, and just be aware that there are children who play this game, and even if they're legal, drugs are still harmful to your body.

ohmygosh3gk9.jpg

i got muted for life just cus my m8 and i were messing around in his clan chat and then a noob went into the clan and we didnt know and saw us messin abowt and reported ME AND NOT MY FREIND!!!!!!! he reported for offensive language and asking for personal details... he obviously didnt know i was askin ma m8 were he lived to go out to play wid him!!! and i hav 13.8 blackmarks! runescape doesnt listen to me anymore and they keep threatening me! its sooo unfair! my m8 was swearing way more than me! and it was just me and him in that clan (ment to be just me and him) so we cu say wat we wanted to!

signature removed. no alchololic references allowed unless they involve giving me a beer.

Once I got banned for 1 day for breaking rule 6, but I did not break it! Some guy was trying to sell an account, and I wanted to buy it, but I knew it was against the rules. I reported him against rule 6, but then he reported me against it! Why?!??!

jessepinkman.png

Jessepinkman.png

#653 to 120 Divination

k i think 2 weeks ago or lil over i was muted for 24 hrs for something that happened over 6 months ago i know this because i was talking to a friend in public who had been perm muted over 6 months ago and quit because of it but jagex wouldnt let me appeal

then on the 18th i got up early to watch the u.s. men basketball game and logged on while waiting and it said i had 4 new messages so i typed random nonsense thinking it was another 24 hr mute and it said i was permanently muted!!! im like wtf how did this happen so i go to the appeal place and it says i have 11.2 black marks! i was in the green zone the night before! so i look at the offences and the same one they had used to 24 hr mute me 2 weeks before was being used against me again! as well as 2 other rule 1 offences and a rule 9 offence only this time they allowed me to appeal all 4 but it didnt work cause they hate me (lol) one of the rule 1's was understandable because a friend had gotten hacked and i was cussin the hacker out usin *'s and i got caught up and let 1 slip through the censor :shame: the other rule 1 was me talkin to a friend in our clans cc about the friend that had been hacked (and also perm muted) about y he hadnt been unmuted because he had said he was getting umuted soon the friend in cc said she didnt know and i said i was gonna kill jagex (oops) and some1 in the cc reported me :( and then for the rule 9 offence...i was talkin to a dif friend in the same cc later that night about "grand theft auto: vice city" and he wanted to know how to get alot of money so i told him to do health weapon and armor cheats steal a cheetah (fast car) kill everyone take their money and run and someone in the cc who had been there for the entire conversation so they knew we were talkin bout a completely dif game reported me and bada boom bada bang im perm muted :oops:

i honestly didnt think i did nething wrong except for cussin at the hacker and didnt think that should be enough for a perm mute but w/e :wall:

null20defsig.jpg

Dk drops: 37 Barrows: 11 Dragon: 33 Visage: 2 Whip: 5 Dark Bow: 1

hhank_hilll.png

mmh3.jpg

my rl friend and i was mucking about via pm and cc, then he boots me from the cc so i send him a jokingly offensive comment

refferring to him as an active homosexual, not that i have anything against them or anything.(he has tho =]) so he gets so wound up about that 1 comment that he blocks me for about a week, then 3 weeks later (today) i find that i'm 24hr muted. It's not really an unfair mute on jagex's behalf (for once hehe) but more on my friends behalf for taking a joke one step to far -.-

This was long ago(whenever I was 55combat). I was talking to someone while farming in Catherby. I asked them their age because alot of people do. Then, I log off for the night to return the next day to find me permmuted. Alot of people ask ages and I get punished -.- Hopefully, I can find a way to talk to a j mod to see if I can get one chance to be unmuted.

League of Legends Referal link: http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4e55a571778d2633364408

"Life is short, and shortly it will end, Death comes quickly which respects no one, Death destroys everything and takes pity on no one"

Drops: 8whips, 28dboots, 1hand cannon, 2 dmeds 3dskirts 2 dbows

99s(in order): Attack Constitution Defence

This was long ago(whenever I was 55combat). I was talking to someone while farming in Catherby. I asked them their age because alot of people do. Then, I log off for the night to return the next day to find me permmuted. Alot of people ask ages and I get punished Hopefully, I can find a way to talk to a j mod to see if I can get one chance to be unmuted.

If you are permanently banned or permanently muted and have appealed all open offences, you may be given the option to make one final appeal in order to regain your account.

Please be aware that if your appeal is denied, then you will be permanently banned or permanently muted and have no further chances to appeal your offences. Also be aware that any punishment for breaking rules in RuneScape will apply to FunOrb, and vice versa.

http://www.runescape.com/c=100c9798/kbase/viewarticle.ws?article_id=728

i dont know how to get to do a last chance appeal but i would like to do it if ne1 knows im thinkin that they have to allow u to do it but i havent gotten 1 yet for my perm mute so i dont know

null20defsig.jpg

Dk drops: 37 Barrows: 11 Dragon: 33 Visage: 2 Whip: 5 Dark Bow: 1

hhank_hilll.png

mmh3.jpg

I am currrently muteed for 24hrs for apparently offensive language.

every time my r/l friend comes on, and he mistypes something, and it coems as ***s then i pretend that i have reported him, and this winds him up. then he logs out to come to my world, and i see if certain words are blocked. there is no one nearby. I say 'drugs' which isnt blocked, but i find that the word for a female hero is. so when he comes to me i say whats a female hero called again?? and then he says a ***ed out word.

So i say reported again, and this really starts to annoy him. but then then we start talking about different stuff, and we forget the thing.

now about a week later im muted for 24hrs with no appeal chance. in the past i have had 0.2 blackmarks for talkin about sellin my account.

am i bad or what :evil: ???

any comments if ur a mod?

gerbilisers.png

Somehow saying you spam-clicked the troll boss in Troll Romance so he doesn't attack your little brother while he is killing him is account sharing.

Stupid people who come onto Clan Chats and have no idea what the conversations about #-o

Doomy edit: I like sheep

lmfao. im muted cuz i said spam is good, WHEN I MEANT THE FOOD. And my appeal was denied, whats up with that?

Dont mess with spam, weed, suicide, or mindless spam.

Yes I said spam twice, dont use thoes words in contex at all if possible.

image.pl?URL=171577-4798

hatzyv.png

Pureprayer, you're awesome.

• 2 weeks later...

Umm guys, I'm pretty confused how this is worth a 1 day mute (my first ever)...what does "deferred" mean under appeal status? I need some help here because I abide by the rules and have never been reprimanded for anything.

This interaction occurred the day I was making a briefing video for MSSW and someone continually was hitting me when I hadn't any armor on and was telling them repeatedly I'm "busy." Granted I shouldn't have gotten so steamed but I hardly see how this is worth a mute...

lady_shahdie: busy

lady_shahdie: let me be

lady_shahdie: I'm busy

lady_shahdie: busy idiot

lady_shahdie: not fighintg

************: report

lady_shahdie: off

lady_shahdie: off

lady_shahdie: now

lady_shahdie: i'm busy

lady_shahdie: sheesh

lady_shahdie: you don't get it

lady_shahdie: idiot

lady_shahdie: btw "idiot" is not a profanity...-.- so you are misusing customer

lady_shahdie: service

lady_shahdie: goodbye

Ah I see the Knowledge Base offers some explanation *sigh*:

There is no need to appeal offences when your account is in the green zone, as this will not have a noticeable impact on your game play experience. If you do happen to commit enough offences to leave the green zone (and be punished more harshly), then you will have the opportunity to appeal all of the previously unappealable offences that had been applied to your account.

99miningnewsig.gif

~Retired 13-July-2010~

Thanks for the great memories folks :).

That's just Jagex listening to Minors. It's one of reason i hate the game...

Sorry to hear about that Lady (And cute chat) lol.

"Busy, SHEESH" Kinda made me smile

Thanks for the sympathy. If "noob" isn't reportable, how is "idiot"?! *sigh*

I just don't get it...I'm not a rule breaker. Ah well, its only 1 offense to painfully regret.

99miningnewsig.gif

~Retired 13-July-2010~

Thanks for the great memories folks :).

As i said: that's Jagex listening to younger audience. They just don't care much to be honest.

Or they would have a list of what's offensive and what's not. Instead they let kids take judgment of reporting: and it leads to several innocent players get banned.

I have said get lost, idiot, loser to alot people: if that helps.

I am gonna try send a message to Jagex: about words that's offensive and not. If they can't give me a list, i will ask if they will make one soon for everyone to view. ;)