Grrr - I was unfairly muted/banned!

Forum_User

I got perm muted for telling some kid to call me, my "number" was 911. Also i have 11.5 out of 10 blackmarks. Does that make sense?

I think from an ethical point of view it is Jagex's responsiblity to ensure that users are not encoraging fake emergancy calls, although a perm mute would have sounded like an over reaction (if not for the other black marks which is probaly the main reason) I personaly belive that kind of comment needs to have some action taken against it to make it totaly clear that the company enforses ethics.

sig2webzx7.jpg

One week mute. And I was muted for calling a dude his USERNAME. It was Jew[numbers] so I said Hi Jew[numbers]. HArdly fair I got 2.5 Black Marks for that.

Other two offences, same amount of marks, for minor offenses.

Also in that offfence I said that Jagex does block your pass, as some guy tried to pull that scam AFTER the update that blocks your pass, so if they added that in their IQ dropped into the negatives.

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Denizen of Darkness| PSN= sworddude198

I got perm muted for telling some kid to call me, my "number" was 911. Also i have 11.5 out of 10 blackmarks. Does that make sense?

1. giving out personal detials isnt allowed

2. jagex could get held responsible if someone made a fake emergency call and they said "Oh this person on runescape told me his number was that"

I got banned for irl trading in tutorial island! you cant trade there...

*Smacks Jagex with a trout* Wow thats just dump....

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

About a month ago an account I played for 2 1/2 years had been banned for real world trading.I was a 126 with 2025 total and never broke a single rule until this had occurred.I've always earned gp in the game through skilling and monster drops, not once have I ever cared to buy gold.I was shown no evidence so I had no idea what I could have done wrong.My appeals were denied almost instantly.And everything sent through customer support gets sent back with some auto message that doesn't even answer the questions.Does Jagex actually unban people for this rule at all?Everytime I ask something, they refuse to show evidence. Quite of few of my good friends was banned for this rule a few weeks after I was.Any feedback on this is greatly appreciated.

Again to refuse to ever comment on if I agree with a RWT ban or not, we just simpaly do not know why Jagex did it, and even if you did RWT they you would probaly not admit it..... so it's more sensible to stay out of it.

HOWEVER I will make one small comment, I hear quite alot how peopel think "no evidance" means they had no evidance. This is a miss conseption; it is not that the evidance does not exist, more that the evidance that they have cannot be shared incase of loosing anniminity of the reporter, or the methods Jagex use to detect it.

From what I hear (on a personal level drirectly from Jagex) is that the methods they use are amasingly accurate, and it would be an encredibly rare occurance for them to get it wrong..... Although like all things I am sure getting it wrong is possible.

sig2webzx7.jpg

Let's see...

You are logged in as 4364768l3454

General gist - you're banned for breaking one... they even quoted rule 1 for me!

Rule1.

You must not use any language which may be considered by others to be offensive, racist or obscene.

another message... yay I got an offence added to my acount!

a third message :ohnoes: there's a change in my account status!

so... yea, I better log into "appeal offence/ban" right away!

I appeal the offence... apologizing for offending the [developmentally delayed] that make up the RS playerbase who cannot count...

apology accepted - you're still banned...

last chance -

I ask why I still get people with 5+ spaces in their names trying to scam me, but my name of NUMBERS is now banned(3 days after it was made)...

I HAVE CONTINUED TO BREAK THEIR RULES, TIME AND TIME AGAIN!

THE SEVERITY OF MY OFFENCES AND MY ATTITUDE IN RUNESCAPE?

seriously, this is the part that pissed me off... time and time again? screw you, jagex, screw you... I'll be getting back on my other character soon... maybe I'll try my hand at luring... (yea, I suppose I'm a bit spiteful)

^ Page 5..

I think i received that exact message! :thumbsup: My old account's name was also a bunch of numbers, 9874782356, and had no offenses whatsoever before this. Also, no evidence was given, stating that it could be misused...even though, according to them, I was the one who supplied the evidence in the first place. :-k

We have reviewed your account, and have decided to not grant your appeal. You have continued to break our rules, time and time again, and due to the severity of these offences as well as your attitude within RuneScape, we have decided that your account will remain permanently banned.

Any messages sent regarding this account will be ignored, and we ask that you re-read all of the rules if you wish to create another account.

RuneScape Customer Support

I log in to access the runescape forums, BAM i'm banned.

I look to appeal and there are offenses I never even did!!!!!!!!!(I was logged in at the time of it)

Please pray that I'm unbanned.

I have been playing for 5 years, just got full arhims, torags, and dharoks. -.-

Ps: If I'm not unbanned I will kill myself, I am dead serious.

There is more to life then a crapy graphic video game... <.<

I log in to access the runescape forums, BAM i'm banned.

I look to appeal and there are offenses I never even did!!!!!!!!!(I was logged in at the time of it)

Please pray that I'm unbanned.

I have been playing for 5 years, just got full arhims, torags, and dharoks. -.-

Ps: If I'm not unbanned I will kill myself, I am dead serious.

There is more to life then a crapy graphic video game... <.<

I said that same thing to jagex and they unbanned my account, removed the permanent ban AND most of my black marks! HAH!(ps: I wasn't serious, I would just be bored to death.) :XD:

Cube_by_Abfc.gif

untihf5.jpg

69827172ou0.jpg

When you mentioned the Dragon Plates I had a sudden vision of a load of gangsters running around in fancy dress yealling "Grim Reaper in da hood!"

Unfortunate...... To be honest with you though it is really not sensible to joke about breaking rules, there are pleanty of better things to joke about :P

If you really want to do it make it clear it is a joke in the same message line...... don't tempt fate. Out of intrest..... what rule did they report you under? Rule 1?

sig2webzx7.jpg

Jagex do read your appeal, they read every single one. And they look into every single one (allowing for mistakes).

Sure you got a premade message but this is not because it was answered by a computer.

On the offical forums I am a forum mod, I have to respond to the same tone over and over again. This happens alot (for example) in the future updates forum, where people decide not to read what the forum is for, and post a suggestion...... When I go about claring this forum, I can ususall get 20 lcoked threads just on the first two pages (I tend not to go past there). It would be stupid for me to make a new responce every time, instead I have two which I wrote my self, and carfully worded to get all the infomation that is needed acorss.. But I will taylor the messages if it needs it.

Now If I was to make a responce for every thread not only would my work be slower (and more boring), but I would probaly miss out some important infomation. And as I am dyslexic would sprobaly make quite a few spelling errors :oops: .

The same things happen at jagex, like your message ou recived above it would be a stupuid waste of time for jagex to make the same message over and over again so they are premade where sutible.

The majority of things jagex deal with are mundane and repetative. SO whilst it looks like your appeal was not read, it was read, but to improve the service jagex offer they use a premade responce.

Its a good thing!

No, they do not read every appeal. It's automated. My friend did something terrible on his account, him as the sole owner, Jagex banned hi, he appealed, and he got appealed.

"Sure you got a premade message but it's not done by computer" I don't understand...premade in terms of RuneScape CS is automated...automated is done by a computer system...

Being a Forum mod and Jagex Customer support work in two completely different ways. Don't expect that you are correct in what you say just because you are a forum moderator and nothing more.

Specific queries, no matter how many times repeated, should not be given a premade/automated response, since they are not all caused under the same circumstances and factors.

Jagex is corrupt in their work. The paying members themselves that give Jagex their time and money get no more support in exchange than that of F2P.

RIP RU_Insane. August 3rd, 2005 - November 11th, 2012.
RU_Insane.png

My Stats on Old School RuneScape: 

RU_Insane.png
O4zgH.png
Reform Customer Support
Check Out My Threads UNRoA.gif

I am little bored at rs and yesterday I maked new acc with what I wanted to be range tank or something..

Today:

There are currently 10.0 blackmarks out of 10 on this account

You are permanently banned

Reason - offensive name, "Lagg Abuser" :/

I wonder who got offended by this nick..

Palas1.png

Oh my %@#$ing god. My main (ixfd64) just got banned for accessing "hijacked accounts." What the heck?

Whay would a RuneScape veteran of six-and-a-half years and a moderator for over three years risk his account for some "hacking" program?

This is absurd.

I'm going to try to make an appeal tonight.

----

I've heard that people have been banned for accepting unbalanced trades, but I thought it was just an urban legend. I guess it's not. :\

ixfd64.png

ARENAscape:

Baratus [AS] max hit: 166 with Moon Battle Hammer

ixfd64 [AS] max hit: 116 with (untitled spell #2)

i got unfairly muted because of this conversation:

noob: i have a level 150 main! eat that!

me: ok, give me the pass and i'll eat it

i mean, jeez! i would of thought jagex would of realised i was joking!

the sad thing now about getting your account bad/muted is that, jagex is such a big rich company, the just don't give a flying monkey!

prisoner-1.jpg

Noob: Can I have your sausages plz

I guess he was referring to my whip.

i hope so :shock:

Master agility-er (=/) in the making, only 29 levels to go =]

Well time to tell my story....

I got a keylogger on my pc...really don't how it happened coz i didn't vizited any sites and a "hacker" hacked into my account and made it member...i was unable to recover it fast coz i had some tests at school and my birthday was near...and became member with my account...but when i recover it he was perma muted...now i became member again but the costumer service suck...i mean can't they check the ip history? i am from romania and the chances that the hacker is from my country are ...0,01 at 100 and i can't do anything about it...

ps:banned from forum 2...

If any1 knows any player mods(the hacker deleted all my friends)can post theyre name here...

Jagex do read your appeal, they read every single one. And they look into every single one (allowing for mistakes).

Sure you got a premade message but this is not because it was answered by a computer.

On the offical forums I am a forum mod, I have to respond to the same tone over and over again. This happens alot (for example) in the future updates forum, where people decide not to read what the forum is for, and post a suggestion...... When I go about claring this forum, I can ususall get 20 lcoked threads just on the first two pages (I tend not to go past there). It would be stupid for me to make a new responce every time, instead I have two which I wrote my self, and carfully worded to get all the infomation that is needed acorss.. But I will taylor the messages if it needs it.

Now If I was to make a responce for every thread not only would my work be slower (and more boring), but I would probaly miss out some important infomation. And as I am dyslexic would sprobaly make quite a few spelling errors :oops: .

The same things happen at jagex, like your message ou recived above it would be a stupuid waste of time for jagex to make the same message over and over again so they are premade where sutible.

The majority of things jagex deal with are mundane and repetative. SO whilst it looks like your appeal was not read, it was read, but to improve the service jagex offer they use a premade responce.

Its a good thing!

No, they do not read every appeal. It's automated. My friend did something terrible on his account, him as the sole owner, Jagex banned hi, he appealed, and he got appealed.

"Sure you got a premade message but it's not done by computer" I don't understand...premade in terms of RuneScape CS is automated...automated is done by a computer system...

Being a Forum mod and Jagex Customer support work in two completely different ways. Don't expect that you are correct in what you say just because you are a forum moderator and nothing more.

Specific queries, no matter how many times repeated, should not be given a premade/automated response, since they are not all caused under the same circumstances and factors.

Jagex is corrupt in their work. The paying members themselves that give Jagex their time and money get no more support in exchange than that of F2P.

If you were Jagex, would you accept this appeal?

--Deleted--

I think it's probably automated... <.<

Also:

[hide=Quote Wall]
Out of intrest, as a player moderator.... even though you have disagreed with the punishment, do you feel that the system should have removed your title after breaking the rules?

It's my personaly view that rule breaking by a moderator should result in the stripping of a title, I am just intrested if you think the same....

I know as a forum moderator if I broke a rule in the forums I would have my status removed, and I am quite supprosed it's not the same with you guys (justified or not)

Yeah, I'm a player mod also, and when I read this I was surprised as well that you weren't stripped of your title. I think that if a moderator breaks a rule, no matter how minor it is, their mod status should be taken away. No offense Bac_Talan...

So you're saying I should be demodded because my immature 9-year-old brother grabbed the keyboard and typed something?

[/hide]

yes, you are responsible for what goes on your account. also my pmod friend was telling me you arent meant to brag about muting, nice "i have muted under that for many times before" at the top. TBH i think you should be demoted from pmod and either temp banned or muted simply because of them 2 offenses, and also saying "jagex blocks your pass" on your noob acc, because a pmod should know better than that. also bragging about muting.

I said he grabbed the keyboard. Not that I gave him the keyboard. Big difference.

And why does a brother grabbing the keyboard and saying cyan:@ to help get rid of bots deserve a ban? I already got a 1 day mute for the second part..

And the noob account ban was (I think, this was really long ago) because some guy was saying "Jagex doesn't block your pass, try it!" and I didn't think and contradicted him..

And that was a couple years ago. I wasn't a mod then.

Judging by your attitude, I'm kinda glad you got banned from TIF.

I once shot a man in Reno, just to watch him die.
Pics or it didn't happen.
I hate my generation.

Its a good thing!

Image%20removed

Also:

[hide=Quote Wall]
Out of intrest, as a player moderator.... even though you have disagreed with the punishment, do you feel that the system should have removed your title after breaking the rules?

It's my personaly view that rule breaking by a moderator should result in the stripping of a title, I am just intrested if you think the same....

I know as a forum moderator if I broke a rule in the forums I would have my status removed, and I am quite supprosed it's not the same with you guys (justified or not)

Yeah, I'm a player mod also, and when I read this I was surprised as well that you weren't stripped of your title. I think that if a moderator breaks a rule, no matter how minor it is, their mod status should be taken away. No offense Bac_Talan...

So you're saying I should be demodded because my immature 9-year-old brother grabbed the keyboard and typed something?

[/hide]

yes, you are responsible for what goes on your account. also my pmod friend was telling me you arent meant to brag about muting, nice "i have muted under that for many times before" at the top. TBH i think you should be demoted from pmod and either temp banned or muted simply because of them 2 offenses, and also saying "jagex blocks your pass" on your noob acc, because a pmod should know better than that. also bragging about muting.

I said he grabbed the keyboard. Not that I gave him the keyboard. Big difference.

And why does a brother grabbing the keyboard and saying cyan:@ to help get rid of bots deserve a ban? I already got a 1 day mute for the second part..

And the noob account ban was (I think, this was really long ago) because some guy was saying "Jagex doesn't block your pass, try it!" and I didn't think and contradicted him..

I saw your post of that appeal in another thread, I am EXTREAMLY worried if you are still a moderator, that type of attitude it totally unfair/ insensitive/ rude. I find any kind of abuse of the whole suicide line in very poor taste.

I really do hope that your signature is out of date and you are in fact no longer a moderator, I certainly expect a certain level of professionalism from a community representative.

sig2webzx7.jpg

Its a good thing!

--Deleted--

Also:

[hide=Quote Wall]

[/hide]

I saw your post of that appeal in another thread, I am EXTREAMLY worried if you are still a moderator, that type of attitude it totally unfair/ insensitive/ rude. I find any kind of abuse of the whole suicide line in very poor taste.

I really do hope that your signature is out of date and you are in fact no longer a moderator, I certainly expect a certain level of professionalism from a community representative.

That's not my main account... I heard that kind of appeal worked and I tested it on a different account. I don't ever seriously use that kind of attitude toward others.

I can assure you that, when I represent Jagex ingame, I try to be as professional as possible.

I once shot a man in Reno, just to watch him die.
Pics or it didn't happen.
I hate my generation.

[hide]

Its a good thing!

Image%20removed....%20matter%20resloved

Also:

[hide=Quote Wall]

[/hide]

[/hide]

That's not my main account... I heard that kind of appeal worked and I tested it on a different account. I don't ever seriously use that kind of attitude toward others.

I can assure you that, when I represent Jagex ingame, I try to be as professional as possible.

To be honest with you I don't care what account you did it on, here on these forums you are advertising your self as a player moderator, in you avatar and signature, and are telling people that abusing customer support in this way can work, using of all things a line about suicide?!!? do your really think that is appropriate?

I think you doing that here in the same box as claiming to be a moderator puts the entire player moderator teams reputation under strain when it has member advertising that they did that.

And then we look at the offenses committed so that you could test this? for other readers I will post the image you posted in the screen shot sticky:

image%20removed%20matter%20resolved

These are offenses that even if it was not a player mod account decided to break just so you can see if CS abuse worked....

Rule1: offensive language.

You in public said things that you hoped offended other people in hope that they reported you so that you can appeal

Rule3: Password scamming..... you tried to get somebody's password!? I don't care if it's malicious or not.... what if somebody tried to give it to you?

Rule2: item scamming (twice) you attempted to item scam JUST so that they would report you!?

I am sorry but you are in the position where you should understand why we try and prevent this sort of thing..... there is NO excuse for just testing the system.

I would really ask you to reconsider using that avatar and signature on these forums if you feel it's fine to do this....... you are causing damage to the whole team, and for that matter Jagex.

sig2webzx7.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
[hide]

Its a good thing!

Image%20removed....%20matter%20resloved

Also:

[hide=Quote Wall]

[/hide]

[/hide]

To be honest with you I don't care what account you did it on, here on these forums you are advertising your self as a player moderator, in you avatar and signature, and are telling people that abusing customer support in this way can work, using of all things a line about suicide?!!? do your really think that is appropriate?

I think you doing that here in the same box as claiming to be a moderator puts the entire player moderator teams reputation under strain when it has member advertising that they did that.

And then we look at the offenses committed so that you could test this? for other readers I will post the image you posted in the screen shot sticky:

image%20removed%20matter%20resolved

These are offenses that even if it was not a player mod account decided to break just so you can see if CS abuse worked....

Rule1: offensive language.

You in public said things that you hoped offended other people in hope that they reported you so that you can appeal

Rule3: Password scamming..... you tried to get somebody's password!? I don't care if it's malicious or not.... what if somebody tried to give it to you?

Rule2: item scamming (twice) you attempted to item scam JUST so that they would report you!?

I am sorry but you are in the position where you should understand why we try and prevent this sort of thing..... there is NO excuse for just testing the system.

I would really ask you to reconsider using that avatar and signature on these forums if you feel it's fine to do this....... you are causing damage to the whole team, and for that matter Jagex.

+1

sig2-1.png

Last.Fm

My Bloggy

Proud to have served on Tip.it Crew