Grrr - I was unfairly muted/banned!

Forum_User

I guess this is goodbye. 10/10 blackmarks and no more appeals. It was fun while it lasted. I'll post my appeals. Don't use the appeals I made. They don't have the keywords JAGeX automatic appeal responders are looking for.

Evidence:

This account has been banned as it has received items gained from macroing on

another account.

Transferring items between accounts you own is in itself breaking Rule 8, reg

ardless of how they were obtained.

We have confirmed beyond doubt that this occurred, via our detailed records o

f in-game activity.

You have been deemed to have been in complete control at the time of the inci

dent.

I had traded 2k cowhides, 10 anti dragon shields, a rune pick, 10 str ammies and a bunch of leather armour and some other newb stuff for 10k reg ess.

Appeal: I chose the option "I think the customer support has made a mistake."

Dear Sir/Madam

I recently introduced my brother to RS. To help him get started I traded him

some beginner equipment to the rune ess he mined. Sadly my brother had used a

macro to mine this ess. I didn't know this and therefore I don't think I can

be punished for something my brother did. There was no way for me to know th

is ess was macroed. Please give me my account back.

Sincerely yours Anon70

Responce to initial appeal:

Thank you for your appeal.

We are sorry to inform you that this appeal has been denied.

We have conclusive evidence that you were in control of the account at the time of the offence and for this reason this offence will remain on your account.

We suggest you take some time to remind yourself of the Rules of RuneScape before you start playing again!

RuneScape Customer Support

Last chance appeal:

Dear Sir/Madam

To help my brother get started I traded him

some beginner stuff to the rune ess he mined. Sadly my brother had used a mac

ro to mine this ess. I already told you this. I would appreciate it if you di

dn't send me another generic answer. Give me some real proof on how you can p

rove I was in control of my brother's account. Many people trade between comp

s @ same IP.

Sincerely Anon70

Yeah. I made a mistake demanding proof like that. Maybe I should have told them to check IPs. I think they would have been able to see that there were two computers at the same house.

Their responce:

We have reviewed your account, and have decided to not grant your appeal. You have continued to break our rules, time and time again, and due to the severity of these offences as well as your attitude within RuneScape, we have decided that your account will remain permanently banned.

Any messages sent regarding this account will be ignored, and we ask that you re-read all of the rules if you wish to create another account.

RuneScape Customer Support

I bolded the area where you can clearly see this was an automated responce. I only had one offence. Five years of playing, >200M worth of things stored in my bank, all done f2p. I guess I should make another account just to tell my friends what happened, but I resent(Is this the right word to be used here?) the idea of looking at an empty bank again after I worked so hard to achieve my riches.

Lesson: You should never trade with somebody living in the same house as you. They can never be trusted.

Rao.png

As you where playing from the same IP, I asume you where playing from the same computer..... and so had to drop trade between the two accounts?

If so can you imagin how that looks? An autoing account drops 3k essence, logs out, then you log in form the same IP and pick them up.

Would look more than a bit dodgy to me.

sig2webzx7.jpg

As you where playing from the same IP, I asume you where playing from the same computer..... and so had to drop trade between the two accounts?

Yeah. I made a mistake demanding proof like that. Maybe I should have told them to check IPs. I think they would have been able to see that there were two computers at the same house.

This doesn't sound like he was drop trading with his brother.

It depends on your setup if it looks like you have the same IP to the outside world. In many installations a router is connected to the modem (it's also called modem if you use cable or DSL), and this router is assigned the dynamic IP from your ISP at connection time. It forwards the data to it's "users" on the home network using an internal IP adress , but to the outside world all computers connecting via this router seem to have the same IP adress.

You can read more about this for example on wikipedia:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Residential_gateway

Or as well here on about.com:

compnetworking.about.com/library/weekly/aa061101a.htm

So if this kind of installation is used it would appear that the trade was made between accounts logged in from the same IP. I expect Jagex knows about this kind of setup, but they do have no way of seeing if it is really one computer running two clients or two different computers involved in the trade.

PS: Please excuse any mistakes in spelling, grammar, and word usage in this post. English is not my first language.

does anyone know the wine of zamorak scam? if so then this will make perfect sense.

it all started with me coming from goblin village after doing a quest. i was about lvl 14 at the time. all of a sudden a guy comes running from the north and says "hey aidriod"

I say "what?"

he then goes on to say that if i take a wine. i will be rewarded handsomely with items. I was excited at getting some items to sell so i quickly asked him to show me where the wine was.

i took it and he closed the door i tryed to open it he closed it. until finnaly i escaped.

he sed "woah what happened there the door kept closing". :^o

i believed him. i didnt think he was doing it for a second.

he gave the trade and i accepted. i waited in anticipation for the items. first up was tinder box. i thought i hope it wont be a load of nooby stuff.

2nd up rope. my heart sunk. i knew i had been on the end of a scam.

the rest of the items were of that sort of quality. :wall:

he then said go and do it again and ill give you more items. i had low hp (about 2/12 hp). i declined and said im reporting you for item scamming.

he then said im reporting you. then his friend came down and said he was reporting me too. :shock:

i carryed on playing for 2 days after. then i tryed to log on. your account has been banned. i went to see why. it said that i was item scamming.

i appealed with a very detailed report of what happened. more detailed than this by far. :thumbsup:

i can imagine them seeing the ammount then saying "hahaha he thinks im reading more than 3 words? he must be joking". <.<

basicly the account got black marks and i decided it wasnt worth playing on it anymore.

thats when i started my new account, aidan stokes.

this account has got blackmarks but i feel these were fair. i did alo of things at the start of my account.

You know how people always say "you always find it in the last place you look."

well isnt that kinda obvious? I mean who carrys on looking for something they've already found?

i found some noob named tehscmm3r or sumthin

tryin to pass scam and everything

i tricked him into pming me his pass

omg it was too easy

im not posting it as his acc isnt worth it

hes got 13 blackmarks

the evidence on his acc... he reported zezima for soemthing he could acuatly get banned/muted for!

hes sent in the lat chance apeal adn i hope it fails

allcp5.gif

bannerbancocopiadj3.jpg

newbankofrsyq0.gif

Last edited by minirouge13 on an unknown date, edited 9,999 time in total

http://img.world-of-dungeons.net/wod/design/playthisgame/en/wod_1.jpg

Here's my offence, commited on tipitchat.

Now, If you'll look at the 12th line(the rest is me talking about my gameboy and a a naruto marathon =P), you will see the "offence". Someone made a statement stating that (not word-for-word, but this is basically it) "all auto's were chinese". I was shocked at the statement and (wrongfully, I will admit) tried to mock the person by being sarcastic towards the statement. Here's how it looked(remember, starting on the 12th line). The "..." is in reference to my disgust at the statement. And if it wasn't clear enough that it was sarcasm, I typed in a "-.-" smiley, and then even stated that my sentences were nothing but pure sarcasm.

--I *do* realize it was wrong of me to even joke in such a manner, but please realize, that I was **Joking**

Here's a pic, straight from JaGeX

PFJsoffence.jpg

The-Road-2.gif

Siggy By...me! ^^

If you've got any tips on sig making, photoshop in general, or a recommendation on a good DSLR to get me started, pm me =]

Quite alot of people would find that offencive even as a joke...... jokes can be offensive even if they where sarcism. Personally I stoped finding anything offensive a few years back (personal promise) but can see hope people would be offended by it.

It's always important to be carfull what you say in an online environment, the player are all of differnt ages, races, nationalities, religions, social backgrounds.... etc. You just have to realise that humour aimed at a certain group of people can and will be taken in the wrong way.

as for the "-.-" emoticon if misinterprated after a joke of that kind could also be taken as rasist, mocking chinesee facial features, now don't get me wrong here I am not acusing you of rasism, but it is always important to think how thing sare viewed by others.

I would not say it was an unfair banning/blackmark/mute etc.... But I would say it was unfortunate.

sig2webzx7.jpg

Quite alot of people would find that offencive even as a joke...... jokes can be offensive even if they where sarcism. Personally I stoped finding anything offensive a few years back (personal promise) but can see hope people would be offended by it.

It's always important to be carfull what you say in an online environment, the player are all of differnt ages, races, nationalities, religions, social backgrounds.... etc. You just have to realise that humour aimed at a certain group of people can and will be taken in the wrong way.

as for the "-.-" emoticon if misinterprated after a joke of that kind could also be taken as rasist, mocking chinesee facial features, now don't get me wrong here I am not acusing you of rasism, but it is always important to think how thing sare viewed by others.

I would not say it was an unfair banning/blackmark/mute etc.... But I would say it was unfortunate.

Yeah. I understand.

Hmmkay then

The-Road-2.gif

Siggy By...me! ^^

If you've got any tips on sig making, photoshop in general, or a recommendation on a good DSLR to get me started, pm me =]

RUNESCAPE COSTUMER SUPPORT SUCKS BIGTIME!!

ive lost 2 accs due to their incompetence..

1. the reports are often dated wrong.( very irritating when you get an offence on a day when you never logged in)

2.The automated messages are very inappropriate.( " we have proof that you were in control of the account at the time" even when in my appeal i said i was in control but i was accused of offensive language when i was just having an off day and was misspelling words)

3. The password recovery system sucks.( my original answer to a question was super man but when im recovering my account i put superman. what is the difference? That was just an example by the way.)

so yea i hate runescape costumer support..

Three cheers and a hats off to Jagex and the fine customer support team.

Now let's lose the sarcasm and get to the point. Guess what I got! Go on guess, a ban and a slap in the face.

I debated with an evidentally 12 year old mod who was borderlining illiterate about Jagex's customer support and how pathetic it was. And how an ape could do better, and in all honesty, I don't know about better, but it could do the same job.

And what do I get? A ban for, ready yourselves: Misuse of customer support. Which the evidence clearly, and I emphasize clearly as much as possible, shows no rules being broken.

So congratulations Jagex, even though it was only a temporary ban, I've officially lost ALL respect for you. And I figured the updates would be the thing to do it.

Better go play some World of Warcraft.

Well I got a perma ban for an "inappropriate" name. It was Fu Man Chu, as in the facial hair style... I told them that in the appeal, but they repied basically saying we dont care because were jagex. I do understand why they thought it wasnt appropriate because anone who wanted my attention you say "fu!" and it was censored. Kinda funny though.

Nerdiest member of UG's Bass Militia

RS Names:

Katanaman666, Nohappiness, Iamthatnerd, Tehtrooper

someone that was supposed to be my friend, hacked me and took EVERYTHING except a blue ele top, a skele top, and a skills necklace.

He even droped stuff that was untradeable!!!! As if that and his bragging about it wasn't bad enough, I soon found out that he had spammed all my friends, and gotten me reported on the rs forums 9 time!!! causing my account to be perm muted!!!!!!!!!!!! :wall: and then the next day he hacked me again and took the remainder of my stuff!!!!!!

I have worked so hard on my account, and it is sooooo unfair that ppl that follow the rules (don't even give out their passwords) and PAY to play

can be ruined in one night!

OMG I CAN'T EVEN BEGIN TO DESCRIBE HOW MAD I AM :evil: :evil: :wall:

I CAN'T EVEN GET AHOLD OF ANYONE TO TRY AND FIX THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

offencescm8.png

Kinda pathetic, huh?

Here's the evidence for the first one (account sharing/trading):

offence1vj2.png

My brother grabbed the keyboard and said "(rap", and then some noob in Lumbridge reported me.. :x Apparently, Jagex thinks that if your brother grabs the keyboard, you're sharing your account with him.

And the second one (Offensive language?!):

offence2fk2.png

Flax macro hunting in Seers. I guess I said cyan:@ too many times..kinda deserved it, but I was muted for a day. A muted player mod? That's about as pathetic as you can get. :roll:

And yes, I'm still a mod..

And then my other account:

offence1di6.png

Perm ban for..get this...PASS SCAMMING.

The evidence:

"Username: Yes Jagex blocks ur pass!"

Anyone wanna help me with that last chance appeal? :roll:

That ban was just plain pathetic.

I once shot a man in Reno, just to watch him die.
Pics or it didn't happen.
I hate my generation.

Password scamming has always been an instant perm ban, and it is a polocy that i personally support. Some people turn around and ask:

"what it I said it as a joke? I was not really scamming"

Well how do player know that? it has the same chance of parting sombody with an account and should be untollorated.

As for the first one, I find it unfortunate and it is probaly a miss understanding however if you read the terms and conditions of the site you will find the paragraph:

"You agree to keep your password safe at all times and not to disclose it to any other person. You are responsible for the activities of all persons who use your password to gain access to your account. To help ensure the safety of your password, you must keep your computer free of viruses and other malicious code including Trojans. You must use your password in accordance with the password requirements specified on our site and our Rules of Conduct. Real Jagex staff will never ask you for your password. If you believe that someone has stolen your password or otherwise gained access to your account - submit an Account Recovery request via the Account Recovery link on the front page of our website. To see our guidance about password security and safety practices in our Knowledge Base, please click here."

All though not directly applicable, it is the same case, you where responsible for your account not to use offensive language ingame..... no matter who typed it. Now I would come off the fence if I agree with it or not, although I will remind you that it is a rule that we have all agreed to follow in the game, and so it can be considered not to be "incorrect" to punish for.

sig2webzx7.jpg