Making PSP/GB Game.

pomar1

My starting point was: take programs, make team, and do it.

My programs are good to make 2D/3D game on GB or PSP, so??

Are you aware that they have teams of 100's making those games? And even that will take them a year? They even have a small team of 10 for the smallest things such as lighting...

cgknightofroundsorigina.jpg

99 Hits, Attack, Strength, Defence, Mage, Summoning, Slayer, Ranged, 96/99 Prayer

Story and name aside... do you even know where to begin on making a game? Do you realise how expensive development on games is these days and what equipment you need?

uhhh dude your stupid....you dont need any kinda equipment to make a game..well besides a computer

anyways good luck

sigjicu0.gif

Story and name aside... do you even know where to begin on making a game? Do you realise how expensive development on games is these days and what equipment you need?

uhhh dude your stupid....you dont need any kinda equipment to make a game..well besides a computer

anyways good luck

Also programs to make it. Flash(something) or other stuff.

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Denizen of Darkness| PSN= sworddude198

Also programs to make it. Flash(something) or other stuff.

I recieved massive lulz from you thinking they make GB/PSP games with Flash.

Well he said you only need a computer to make a game, so i pointed out what is need to make the simplest of games.

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Denizen of Darkness| PSN= sworddude198

You stupid [bathe], he won't get sued if he sells it to Disney/Squeenix in the first place

Not to crush his dreams or anything, but what professional company would actually buy a game from a 13 year old kid?

I've heard of it happening once before. But the kid was a genius.

Pomar, you need to realize that you're not even likely to finish the game. It's easy to have huge momentum before you start working, but your head's still in the stars. I highly doubt you'll finish this, let alone try to sell it to any company. I'd start smaller getting your name out by starting your own site with your own games. Keep building on that and you might get some decent ad revenue. If you do well enough, you might get noticed by a company. But I really think you're taking the wrong approach right now. I mean I can't tell you otherwise because you're naive and have a ton of spirit about it, but nothing's going to come of this. You'll learn a lot that could help later, but you're not going to sell this to Disney or Square Enix. Start with smaller goals and gradually move up. If you aim too high and immediately fail, you're just facing unnecessary disappointment.

anyways good luck

Yay for people who don't know anything. :roll:

anyways good luck

Merc wasn't saying he couldn't make a game. He was saying he couldn't make a decent game that a corporation would be interested in investing in. The same goes with videos. Anyone can make a movie now, especially with youtube to promote it. But the ability to is only the first step. If you're really serious about it, you need real equipment.

The expense of game development depends on the platform the game is being made for. The production cost for a game on something like the GBA, or cellphones would be fraction compared with the fancy class leading computer and console games.

It would probably be possible to make a good game, for next to nothing while working at home. It would not be a graphics feast, but it could have great game play which is fun and highly addicting. All that is required would be to find a niche and develop a power base. A good example, although quite old now would be Stars!

I'd understand if you were trying to make a simple game, like these java internet games you see, but im getting the impression that this is a full storyline game with a cast of characters, large range of levels and well.. much more complex than what I'd expect.. I would personally advice to start small with making games, concentrate on getting the graphics right, make a simple yet addictive game.. Otherwise this is just gonna be a disaster.. :|

If you've got the programs ready to program a design a game It doesn't cost anything to make and design it, I think it's the whole producing it ready for sale. I've got all the programs I'd ever need to make an RPG so all I can think of that'd cost would be maybe making a website and producing copies ready for selling.

oh and probably offtopic but, it's to do with this. Someone has actually sucessfully made a game recently on his own because he couldn't get a team together, I think it's pretty inpirational..

http://www.qwak.co.uk/

Well he's an inspiration to me, id love to see him make back the money he invested into making this.

You see this sort of game would be much funner and its really original, all it takes is designing the character, a range of monsters, items and a set of level tiles + background and you can make whatever level you want and however many levels you want.

vistame09copyhr8.png

Like some people have said, start small, go slow, and work your way up. Make a few small games to see if this is even something you WANT to do. If it is, get your name out there, learn how the business works and be smart about it. Don't set yourself up for disappointment.

Good luck to you. :D

3898000bYVcx.png

I just want to ask you a few questions. I've looked over your comic.

Did you make those sprites? And the backgrounds? Did you make them yourself, or did someone who is helping you with this project help you?

And, is English your first language?

3898000bYVcx.png

Alright. This is just my advice. Take it or leave it.

If you are going to recruit people to help you with this game, you are going to be in constant communication with them. You need a better grasp of the English language. I, as well as a few others find your posts confusing because of your poor grammar and spelling.

You also need this as you are making this game in English. If you are to pitch this to Square Enix or whoever, you need to appear intelligent and professional and as of right now, with your poor English skills, you don't look that way. I'm only trying to help you so that your friends, co-workers, and even people you don't know will respect you and take you seriously.

I am by no means a grammar Nazi. I'll usually let people slide with poor spelling or grammar if I can understand what it is they're trying to say, but you should really take a little while to improve your English skills.

That's just my two cents worth.

3898000bYVcx.png

My big brother is teaching me programming, C++ at the moment :)

hes been doing it for around 5 years

JfvHV.png

798M9.png

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen." - Samuel Adams

My new site. [bETA]