Finally a Herblore Guide!

Tonytigerz

NOTE: Please do not flame this post, comments appreciated. Also IÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢m currently only level 49, but IÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢m gonna work on only herblore until 72. Why level 72, with level 70 range or above u will hit an additional hit harder once you have consumed a range potion. Also you can make full super sets, super stat restore potions, and anti-fire breath potions.

I always kill chaos druids in level 3 edgeville wilderness.

I'm gonna go try killing chaos warriors in taverly dungeon as lots of people have recommended this location for higher level herbs.

Remember ALWAYS pickup vials and put herbs in them.

Always keep herbs you can't identify.

Alot of people have mentioned chocolate and white berries as easy to get, once you finish Recipe for Disaster and Regicide respectivelly. I'm a quest noob and have done neither quest :wall:

Toads legs are really easy to get. At the gnome stronghold. Between the grand tree and the gnomeball field there is a swamp with 20+ spawns. Also in the tree gnome stronghold there are like 35 spawns of chocolate in the Grand Tree food shop, and the bank is very close to it.

Easiest 2nd ingredients to get in order of difficulty: eye of newt, goatÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s horn, snape grass, red spidersÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ eggs.

Any 2nd ingredients not listed I donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t ever try and get as they either spawn very slowly(Chocolate), you have to kill an annoying monster to get it(unicorn horn, limpwurt root, white berries, mort myre fungi, toadÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s leg), or requires a quest(ashes, snake weed).

I also usually pickup the law rune drops of 2 per time and have on average 24 by a full load.

What Herbs to keep:

Levels 3-22, keep only guams and harralanders at 20. I know attack potion gives a little less experience, but eye of newt is the easiest 2nd ingredient to get.

Levels 22-36, keep only harralanders and ranarrs at 25. I always get red spider eggs from karamja dungeon and then depositing in the lower dungeon bank. In between picking up eggs I demolish the spider population, I've been able to kill 5 of the 6 spiders, before the egg respawns again. This is quite fun cause I 2hit about 1/4 of the time.(Level 98 CB helps) =D>

At level 26 you can combine harralander with chocolate dust, which I haven't checked but is said to have many respawns at the food shop in Grand Tree Village, plus there is a very close bank here.

Levels 36-45, keep only harralanders, ranarrs and irit at 40. Get goat horn for harralanders from the Kharadirn desert, which is south of the shantay pass. As soon as you go through the pass go straight west, until the sea, just southwest of the kalphite dungeon entrance. 6 goats respawn next to a cactus(don't forget to bring one waterbag and a knife). Bring a mortar and pestle also because if u have auto retaliate on, u can start attacking and then in between hits grind the horn up.

At level 38 u can finally make prayer pots, \' get snape grass from the 2 respawns on the far north tip of the hobgoblin penisula, just west of the crafting guild. Bring teleports to Falador and run laps between the two.

Levels 45-50, keep only harralanders, ranarrs, irit, and avantoe at 48. Yeah your first chance to make a super potion. Again buy lots of eye of newt from port sarim magic shop, bring teleports to Falador and run laps between the two

Levels 50-60, keep only harralanders, ranarrs, irit, avantoe, kwuarm at 54 and snapdragon at 59. Start making fishing potions. Snape grass spawns west of the crafing guild.

Levels 60-63, keep only harralanders, ranarrs, irit, avantoe, kwuarm and snapdragon. Pick up blue dragon scales for weapon poison potions from the taverly dungeon. Having 70 agility means you can quickly get scales and then teleport to falador.

Levels 63-72, Guide ends here as I donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t know what type of unidÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ed herbs chaos druids drop past snapdragon. I think itÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s cadantine, then lantadyme, and finally dwarf weed. Can someone confirm or disprove this?

Why not always keeping the herbs you can't ID anyway? Because mostly they're (quite) rare and good to save for later. I had over 100 irits when I got 45 herb, quite good exp IMO.

When everything's been said and done, more has been said than done.

All skills 80+

angel2w.gif

Toads legs are really easy to get. At the gnome stronghold. Between the grand tree and the gnomeball field there is a swamp with 20+ spawns.

Whiteberries are easy to get if you finished regicide. There is one very fast spawn pretty close to the bank there.

Skill N' Chill - The Hawt Fun Sexy and Cool Skilling Clan!

Skill n' chill website: http://skillandchill.freeforums.org/index.php - Clanchat: Skill N C - IRC Chat: #skillnchill

nieuwesiglg4.gif

errrok.jpg

chaos druids don't drop snapdragons. They also don't drop toadflax and torstol. The only way to get those herbs is from random events, farming, and some minigames (like herb packs in pest control).

shoelacesareuntiedti8.jpg

Proud owner of a Quest cape!

not a very good guide IMO :|

btw, the choas druids don't usually drop much better than harra. Once you get some agility, go to the yanille dungeon and kill the level 40some chaos druid warriors, they are much better herb droppers. Also, I've found slayer and farming are wonderful skills to combotrain and profit from.

Here's the math:

200 rannar seeds (buy 23k each, grow them all, average 5 herbs per seed), yeilds 1000 rannarrs and costs 4.6m

buy 1000 snape grass (I think they go for 600k nowadays)

buy 1000 water-filled vials (300 each should get you plenty of sellers)

4.6m+.6m+.3m=5.5m

So making 1k p pots puts you back 5.5m. Here you can decide whether or not to merchant. Personally, I would sell all of them somewhere between 5.5k and 6k each to a merchant, as I would rather go skill some more than stand in world 2 forever.

So, you could make profit/break even and get 87500 herblore xp (enough to go from 38 to about 50) and also manage 50-100k farming xp depending on what else you farm

i wish i had read this guide before i had got 50 herblore im sure would of saved me some time, o and chaos druids in taverly dungeon pose less risk and usually there is only another 1 or 2 people there meaning 2 druids per person.

and yes the laws are gd there, most i ever got in one trip was 64! =p yes it was rather boring 3 hour trip.

oooooooooooooooo fishing pots ftw, you can make em down at the chaos druids along with p pots ( p pots gd if you want vash, fishing pots for exp. ) little hint for ya! =]

Tbhyespl0x.jpg

Thanks for the great tips everyone, I've been editing the main post as I see fit, I'm sorry but I don't have the ability to upload pictures. If someone can tell me how I can that would be super because it would make this guide that much better. =D>

Not a bad guide, but a suggestion for the goat horns, there are some that spawn right next to the bank in Nardah, so once you get a full load, just bank and repeat.

Dagganoth Kings Drops: Berserker Ring (x1) D Axe (x2) Seercull (x1) Archer Ring (x1) Seers Ring (x1) Mud staff (x1)

Excellent guide, I've been looking for a way to get just to lvl 38, and now I have it. A couple of pics (maybe maps?) will complete this guide. 9/10 -- you certainly know what you're talking about.

perfect grammar is one thing, typing like a drugged monkey and enjoying it is another

AMEN!

not a very good guide IMO :|

Sorry, harsh, but fair.

I am 66 herblore. I have used absolutely none of your tactics getting there.

Whiteberries are easy - Farming.

Chocolate is easy - RFD.

Snape Grass is extremely easy - Lunar Diplomacy, teleport right to spawn.

Snapdragons and Toadflax are NEVER dropped by chaos druids.

You could have done a lot more research before you started this guide.

EDIT: Rereading it, it seems a bit harsh. But with the advent of Farming, almost every single part of your guide can be improved by that skill.

Not to mention there are much better places to kill Chaos Druids now.

sigbad0xt.jpg

Jack of all trades, master of thieving. 259th to 99 thieving. All stats 75+