Fix the crappy minimap

shaf_9110

Erm okay. :? Why not just get on with your own life and live the torment of having a mini-map that faces slightly more north-west then its supposed to :o . No seriously man theres nothing wrong with that, Jagex's Game is brilliant the system works fine but the only problem with Jagex is its graphics ingame so thats the only complaints i have against RS to be honest with you. :roll:

world2isntthathardby4.pngI think merchanting is extinct....

lordofthehauntedminestextcb6.png Completed haunted mine at level 75.

Barrows Drops: Dh platelegs, Guth helm, Karils cb, Torags legs

-------------RETIRED------------------

Erm okay. :? Why not just get on with your own life and live the torment of having a mini-map that faces slightly more north-west then its supposed to :o . No seriously man theres nothing wrong with that, Jagex's Game is brilliant the system works fine but the only problem with Jagex is its graphics ingame so thats the only complaints i have against RS to be honest with you. :roll:

Yes there is something wrong with it... If you look north, Your map should be north too.

well that does it, i thought durials pking in fally bug was bad but this just takes the cake, i mean what nerve jagex has to have the mini map offcenter!!!have you ever hear of such a thing?

sarcasm aside, dont you think your overreacting just a tiny bit?is it really destroying your gaming experience? :roll: :roll:

clansig7.gif

no it isnt ruining my gaming experience, well actually it is a bit cuz it makes it awkward to run where i want to. But my main point is that it is ub3r r3tart3d to have a minimap point nw when the regular map points north.

Well, that does it. The game is officially ruined. Let's see you do better, mate.

lol....did i say i could do better? I mean not saying i can't, it seems like a pretty easy thing to fix with a bit more java experience, but it just goes to show that in the whole headquarters of jagex where they have a bunch of pro java coders, not one of them will take two seconds to improve the basic structure of the game. Instead they are dreaming up new ways to keep members attracted like the new minigame comin out.

Erm okay. Why not just get on with your own life and live the torment of having a mini-map that faces slightly more north-west then its supposed to . No seriously man theres nothing wrong with that, Jagex's Game is brilliant the system works fine but the only problem with Jagex is its graphics ingame so thats the only complaints i have against RS to be honest with you.

thats a big paradox that ur completely oblivious to....ur saying its no big deal about the crappy graphics, then u say ur only complaint about rs is the graphics....

untitled6kv7.gif

1 Dragon drop: D med

6 Barrows Drops: Brassy, T hams(2), Karils top, Dharoks legs, Ahrims top

Money lost due to bans, deaths, hacks: 78 mil

Actually I believe the minimap is purposefully warped, as after all making it straight and square by all rights would be easier. Jagex makes sure the minimap doesn't match up perfectly to the real world, to mess up with autoers, or at least make their lives more difficult as I've heard.

lord_khallos.png

proudguildmasterng2.png

It is rather annoying yes, but only to the point of perfection. It is a decent game regardless, and though I do support the compass pointing directly north at all times (as opposed to the random cardinal directions it seems to fall into) I'll not call it the end of the world if Jagex works on something else rather than this issue. I do like the idea of a properly rendered map and compass, but I am content to play as-is.

17 degrees. Give or take two more.

So you're saying that while you're in the thick of battle, or pounding on metal bars to make armor, or mercilessly harpooning sharks, it's a problem that you can't differentiate between North and North-Northwest?

If you've no actual suggestion aside from "fix it", perhaps try the rants forum. Personally, I think that having a slightly offset minimap gives the UI some (much needed) character.

I dont see why it matters so much.........

My god!!! the pure/regular ess update was bad but how could jagex make the mini map off center. This is an outrage. Rs is gonna be the worst game now that the mini map is off.

Actuly I never realy noticed it until now. If I can play 3 years without noticing is it realy worth fixing?

You don't like it? Quit.

I see your a member, why pay for a game you don't like?

Anyways, good luck IRL.

cgknightofroundsorigina.jpg

99 Hits, Attack, Strength, Defence, Mage, Summoning, Slayer, Ranged, 96/99 Prayer

he is just showing a bug in the game

thats what this forum is all about

i believe that Jagex will want to fix this!

hween,norisknofun1.gif

norisknofun1.gif

There are 3 types of people in the world. Those who can count and those who cannot.

• 10 months later...

Seriously I care.

Since the first day I played MMORPG games.

This is the only game that have a spoiled map.

The graphics is already bad, map makes it worse.

Not only that, in game positions will also move bit by bit.

Everything is moving every second.

If the position of the game and map would help jagex stop botters' from proceeding.

It would have happened long time ago.

Since it never helps a single bit.

Why not fix this small problem that only takes 5 - 10 minutes?

FTP player.

Goal:

85/90 smithing. 12,000,000/100,000,000 coins.

Total hacked and scammed losses:

1 billion coins +/- (Not in today's currency).

~Maybe send Jagex a Customer Support message? Either way, it's not going to ruin the game, and it's certainly not the end of the world...~

+1. I see nothing serious about this fault. Fine, it's a little tilted then it should be, but what's the big deal?

The map seems to be a little problem.

Yet it looks like unfixable by jagex.

Anyway too many little faults that makes this game ruined.

FTP player.

Goal:

85/90 smithing. 12,000,000/100,000,000 coins.

Total hacked and scammed losses:

1 billion coins +/- (Not in today's currency).