First High School Job

Lobby4

how old do you have to be to get a job? IN ENGLAND!?

13 I think (and there are 3 other countries in the UK, not just England ::' )

Yep, God save the queen! ::'

Don't even get me started on the sodding queen.......

suzironniesigwx2.jpg

The Poison Fairy

Guest AshKaYu

Mmkay, well, find a local catering group. Ask them if they need help. Generally it's really simple stuff like washing dishes, setting tables, putting out food. It's quite simple and fun. I love it and the pay's awesome. You also get free food, as the cook generally makes way, way more then enough.

I'll probably work with kids (they do a job-opportunity thing at my primary school where you can help in the classes for six weeks) or work in a shop or somethng. Still, I'm only 12 so I've got a while to go yet.

Also for the record you can get a paperround at 13. However most shops, restaurants etc won't accept people under 16. My brother tried in two bookshops, Nando's, Starbucks, and Gap when he was 15. Heehee.

In America at least, your options are kind of narrow at your age. I'd go for a paper route, bagging/carts at a grocery store, or something like babysitting at your age. Maybe just wait for better paying jobs like working at a movie theater or being a waiter or retail in a few years, if there is a higher age requirement for them where you live. I wouldn't rush into getting a job just because you're in highschool so early. I'd wait until I was 16 or 17 to get one. Enjoy having little to no responsibilities and just have fun for now.

Restaurants and take-aways always higher young people, indian ones especially. I went to a couple and most of them accepted me. I get ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã30 per night.

Paper round is the only option you have left then.. or babysitting for your parent's friends. (<- Did I do the apostraphy right anyone??) And stuff like washing neighbourhood cars? Mowing laws? In this weather .. Shovelling snow.

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

I'm going to start applying at grocery stores and other places were I can do something simple like stocking shelves. I've vowed not to become a waiter or work in fast food :notalk:

But those jobs are so mundane, Deloria. You're obviously good with people, so make use of it. Don't deprive the public of your sparkling personality!!! ::'

suzironniesigwx2.jpg

The Poison Fairy