Wilderness...ruined?

Justin8913

people can keep full rune with 71+ hunting and 25+ prayer.

Imp to take a part of full rune when you get attacked to the bank, protech item to save the pl8 1 item then the 3 items from not having a skull

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The largest thing is that most "skillers" in the wilderness wear no armor. Esentialy the only "protection" they want to wear is their prayer, which costs them absolutly nothing to use.

Errr...rofl dude. People that go into the wild don't go just for PvP you know. Lol at the other stuff said above...Food is there for healing there for when people lose health they'll eat, it's stupid to make an idea of "make it so you can only it every 30 seconds or so" if i am fighting this guy with 99 strength i will surely be in need of eating every 5 seconds or so, why not ban food in the wilderness if that's the case? Look if you want to kill people without a chance of them running from you go to the Duel Arena. In the Duel Arena you can actually make your own rules of combat instead of ruining the Wilderness where everybody can go to suit your personal likings.

Oh and btw wilderness means just that...anything goes. No rules.

Geez you people are stubborn <.<

I don't know why I try sometime.

What I was getting at is having a system akin to what RSC was where you could only eat every 3 "rounds". It made it so that fights did not go on forever and it also relyed heavily on the opponents skill to "catch" their opponent mid eating.

I don't want food banned in the wilderness, that would be idiotic. Perhaps if people actualy think about the idea I present they wouldn't blow them so far out of context.

Everything goes, yup. The reason I love(d) the wilderness. However the fact that no one actualy dies in the wilderness kind of just turned it into that tame little place, somewhere where someone doing a non-combat skill can just waltz in without second thought. It should be a dangerous area for anyone entering it, not somewhere where you have your easy buttons by your side (teleportation, prayer).

I'll put it this way, we dealed with it in RSC. The skillers (I trained in the wilderness a *lot* in RSC, more than I PvP'ed) put up with not having their prayer to protect them. Hell, PvP was simply better.

Yes, it had its problems. Teleportation could still cause a problem. But with the 3 hit system it made the game more of a challange, both in PvP and PvE mind you. Actual hard encounters were just that, hard.

The point i'm trying to get across is that the wilderness is about as scary as a tamed bunny rabbit in a field of flowers.

I don't know why I try sometime.

What I was getting at is having a system akin to what RSC was where you could only eat every 3 "rounds". It made it so that fights did not go on forever and it also relyed heavily on the opponents skill to "catch" their opponent mid eating.

I don't want food banned in the wilderness, that would be idiotic. Perhaps if people actualy think about the idea I present they wouldn't blow them so far out of context.

Everything goes, yup. The reason I love(d) the wilderness. However the fact that no one actualy dies in the wilderness kind of just turned it into that tame little place, somewhere where someone doing a non-combat skill can just waltz in without second thought. It should be a dangerous area for anyone entering it, not somewhere where you have your easy buttons by your side (teleportation, prayer).

I'll put it this way, we dealed with it in RSC. The skillers (I trained in the wilderness a *lot* in RSC, more than I PvP'ed) put up with not having their prayer to protect them. Hell, PvP was simply better.

Yes, it had its problems. Teleportation could still cause a problem. But with the 3 hit system it made the game more of a challange, both in PvP and PvE mind you. Actual hard encounters were just that, hard.

The point i'm trying to get across is that the wilderness is about as scary as a tamed bunny rabbit in a field of flowers.

3 hit system was what defined rs for me, if i had started rsc and it didnt have it woulda been just like half the other rpgs of that era and i wouldnt have played it, but that random chance of 3 hit and the thrill of a 2 square lefty catch legit just made the game so enjoyable, From my first fight with a goblin i realised the game had challenge, something jagex is slowly stripping away to keep the kiddies happy.

Rs2 is nothing compared to rsc, i dont give a [cabbage] about graphics, sheer physics and gameplay wise rsc was superior.

No pathetic "click me and be invincible" buttons.

No starting a fight and running like a girl when you lose.

No teleporting unless you wanted to ruin your char with extra combat lvls.

No eating every time you got hit.

No newbs at rune rocks or mage bank.

Fierce competition for wilderness training spots (which were the best)

No rediculously easy way to get 99 combat stats like pc.

No cooking everything in your invent with a click of a mouse button.

How has any of this helped us? all it has done is contribute to the newbs begging forthings to be easier, they see that if they complain jagex gives in.

NExt update will be 100% damage prayers and buyable xp probably.

Oh dear, I'm afraid that I'm probably one of those people who 'ruin' the wild. So I'm breaching myself for expulsion from the community and flames, but here you go.

Killing other players holds no interest for me at all. And vice versa even less... I only go into the wild for one thing: clues. And I behave like a complete wuss. I log out when I see someone approaching, I run, I pray, I eat, I teleport, I drink energy pots/anti poison pots. I wear no armour (don't wish to lose it, thank you very much), just boots of lightness and a whip to kill the Zamorak guy. When I get my casket, I sprint out of the wilderness again (ok, with an occasional stop at black unicorns, I admit).

I can see that this would be very annoying for PK'ers. The thing is, their motivation is very different from mine. I'm an easy kill. Now, easy kills don't have many options. They know they're on the lowest level of the food chain, and they just have to use every cowardly method to save their hides. You know, if RS had a 'roll over and play dead' option, I'd even gladly use that. For me, the wild isn't about honourable duels or making money from other players. It's survival.

What I also don't really get (but as you can read, I'm wilderness-inadept), is why you feel that the duel arena doesn't really solve the problem... You can set all the rules there and play the duel exactly as you see fit. What is that is missing there? The thrill?

if you go to edgeville wild

you either see all pures or safers aka def noobs

no fun in the thing and if you're a ranger you waste your food and arrows on someone at the finish he runs away

for magers same as rangers but waste of runes

for meleers waste of food

no fun in the whole thing

Cybermullet.png

Maybe i'm a little biased because i never played RSC (well maybe a little when it was still available for f2pers) but that 3 "rounds" of eating as you call it seems a little you know dumb. I am not saying that fights wouldn't be interesting but i am saying i would not go into the wild if that existed in RS2, i like to eat when i want, i want to be in control of my own health...

Well my suggestion is put that 3 "rounds" of eating in the Duel Arena as a option for rules. Simple as that. Seeing as there are too many of us that never actually saw that system and are used to the way the Wilderness is now.

People actually contest my idea of instead of going into the Wilderness go the Duel Arena.

Basicly the only way to get kills now days is to use smite till you think they are around 30 prayer then use your biggest baddest damage type quickly and hope they fall. :wall:

"A time comes when silence is betrayal" MLKJ

Speak your mind, but be civil.

Get mad, but do not rage.

Do unto others as you would want done to yourself.

"]doughnutt.jpg

Follow the doughnut to my blog! :D

Maybe i'm a little biased because i never played RSC (well maybe a little when it was still available for f2pers) but that 3 "rounds" of eating as you call it seems a little you know dumb. I am not saying that fights wouldn't be interesting but i am saying i would not go into the wild if that existed in RS2, i like to eat when i want, i want to be in control of my own health...

Well my suggestion is put that 3 "rounds" of eating in the Duel Arena as a option for rules. Simple as that. Seeing as there are too many of us that never actually saw that system and are used to the way the Wilderness is now.

People actually contest my idea of instead of going into the Wilderness go the Duel Arena.

Thats kind of the point. Right now you can simply spam your food and hardly die. Back then there was actualy a *chance* of you dying (*audible gasp!*) in the wilderness and even in PvP.

Anyways, after they got rid of that system the wilderness just fell down into what it was today.

*wishes that it was like when runescape first came out and was open PvP anywhere if you consented to do so*.

I agree with Nadril, even though I've never ever played Classic. Right now no one is really "afraid" of the wilderness. Sure, if its your first couple of times running through then your going to be a little bit gittery, but otherwise, whats there to fear? The fear really needs to be brought back into the wilderness. The wilderness right now is basicly like Duel Arena, except that over half the time you know you will get away.

"A time comes when silence is betrayal" MLKJ

Speak your mind, but be civil.

Get mad, but do not rage.

Do unto others as you would want done to yourself.

"]doughnutt.jpg

Follow the doughnut to my blog! :D

The wilderness right now is basicly like Duel Arena, except that over half the time you know you will get away.

Well can you make rules in the Wilderness? Can you control the ones you fight against in the Wilderness (not having to fight 2 lvl 100's when you're level 65 just because you went deep wild)?

Now don't say that the Wilderness is just like the Duel Arena and yes you can only stake (both in the Arena and the Wild) what you lose.

On a simple note to you nadril i was just in a pking trip and i got killed even though i had the inventory full of lobbies and was eating like madman. Of course i got pked by 20 lvls 120 but so what...i got scared rofl.

wow, skatedog, very original avatar, it looks EXACTLY like bubsa's...

on topic : the wildy isnt ruined, its fine the way it is, pures are easy to kill, they have no more than 20 def. and teams, if you dont want to be teamed, dont go into multi combat wild, thats pretty much all i have to say...

Manatea3O5, the guy who posts replies without reading others

mr+manatea.png

The wilderness right now is basicly like Duel Arena, except that over half the time you know you will get away.

Well can you make rules in the Wilderness? Can you control the ones you fight against in the Wilderness (not having to fight 2 lvl 100's when you're level 65 just because you went deep wild)?

Now don't say that the Wilderness is just like the Duel Arena and yes you can only stake (both in the Arena and the Wild) what you lose.

On a simple note to you nadril i was just in a pking trip and i got killed even though i had the inventory full of lobbies and was eating like madman. Of course i got pked by 20 lvls 120 but so what...i got scared rofl.

Yeah obviously you're right Loko, you just got killed by 20 level 120's, that obviously means the wilderness is ballanced!

:roll:

• 2 weeks later...

With the introduction of the torso fighting platebody, pkers are now saying the wilderness is ruined. The torso platebody, an untradable item, is even better than rune, and you can get it back for free. This means that pking is now "ruined" because pkers don't get that lovely rune platebody they would usually get if they happened to kill someone, instead they don't recieve anything. Why? because the person who got killed was wearing a fighting torso platebody, which he didn't keep but could easily obtain for free at the barbarian assault lobby. But is pking really ruined? Is it ruined now because pkers don't recieve as much money as they use to? Some people think jagex will keep introducing updates such as the fighting torso and the defenders, and pking will eventually become extinct. I think otherwise. There are some pkers out there actually pk just for the fun, not for pure profit. They have fun, and don't care if they die, because they know they'll always pull themselves back up. I believe eventually all pkers will evolve into this form.

dangsig.png

By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .

Honestly, if you fail at killing someone before they run doesn't that indicate that you did something wrong? Time for a change in tactics?

And about teleporting, fight in above level 20 wilderness. When ever i go in i seem to die easy so it isn't a case of "Wilderness is too easy to survive". I think the PKers are at fault here.

If you guys were better maybe we wouldn't survive?

Poochu.png

Honestly, if you fail at killing someone before they run doesn't that indicate that you did something wrong? Time for a change in tactics?

And about teleporting, fight in above level 20 wilderness. When ever i go in i seem to die easy so it isn't a case of "Wilderness is too easy to survive". I think the PKers are at fault here.

If you guys were better maybe we wouldn't survive?

So tell me, how do you beat someone that puts on prayer and runs south? There are very little "stratagys" involved in the game and it is incredibly easy to get away.

As far as the above level 20 wilderness deal I'd rather see people be able to fight those of their own level instead have to face against guys over 20 levels higher than them so they can get a little insurance that no one will teleport. Than again, what stops someone from running down a few levels and teleporting?

personally - i hate the wilderness. i've spent a long time getting most of the items i have and i don't want to risk losing anything by going in there and getting pk'd.

firstly, one change i would make isn't really that relevant to the wilderness, but i'd move some green dragons to another place, currently the only place you can kill them is in the wildy, yet you can kill blue, red and black all through the members world - it means you need to train crafting to a high enough level to start crafting blue dragon hide range armour.

secondly, as much i don't like it, you would be devaluing the wilderness to make "skillers" immune to attacks. i don't agree with pk'ing but that is irrelevant as you know if you go into the wildy that you have a chance of dying, more so than in the normal world as you have players and monsters to contend with. once we start going into the realms of making skillers immune we then open ourselves up to the opportunity for rune miners and clue hunters to get items much easier and therefore lvl3 clue reward values would drop as more people would be trying to get them. the only way that immunity would work is that you enter the wilderness as a skiller and there are skiller-specific monsters that attack rather than players, these being relatively high level monsters as opposed to the lvl 40 skeletons and such that are currently there. but then we're effectively splitting the world into skiller/pker and you may as well have seperate worlds, just as F2P/P2P are split.

RSN: d35h1_5k4t3r

dalai_farmer.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

its been ruined by pc.. some 13 year old kid that attacks any one...

basicly if you see some one running in wildy no items or just black hide.. they are usaly doing something in wildy like agil or a clue.. and but immature people messed it up, i once got pked for a spade walked by mb and this 123 barages me i came by said i had clue, the 2 webbs were closed.. they just ran after me.. for a freaking spade.. that ruined it

no im a pure and i find it offencive if people say that pures are stuck up scum who ruin everything, if you dont like our combat style bite me or make a pure, end of story. :wall: :boohoo: as for people who pk people on clues, they may not know you have a clue alot of times i pk people with no items or agility people just because i need their food, i know its frustrating, its happened to me many times, gettin pked for nothing, i hate it too, but its life

Well, i wouldin't say it's completely ruined! its definetly gone downhill... espescially f2p wildy from around 1-15 (they just safe the entire time, unless your pure its hard to pk anyone).

Members wildy is where its at for now... (other than rc pkers, etc. I hate them with a passion.) Most people are honest pkers and will fight you to the death without safing/tele. 15+ wildy is where its at. =]

blackmfmcape,Issac%20Amisov.gif

Issac%20amisov.gif

CHECK OUT MY TOPIC TO 99 FIREMAKING

Proud Runescaper Since 2003

"Skiller Fo' Lyfe"

• 2 weeks later...

The wilderness really needs to be made more dangerous. For example, I made about 30 trips to green dragons, and died once, because I was tbed, entangled, and dds specced by a level 90 pure.

One solution to the prayer problem: You know how the d scimmy spec? It has a chance to knock out a protection prayer for 5 seconds.... so just extend that to 1 minute +

jjroxlu7.jpg

I have to agree that F2P wildy lvl 1- 20 is almost usless (you can still have some good fights) but the rest of the wilderness is all good, if not great...

(I think getting rid of teleports in the wildy would improve PK-ing

dramatically)

legofan%20321.gif

kakawcopyfg2.pngTHE GREAT RACE TO 99 FM!

"Do or do not, there is no try"

-Yoda