@ Construction Guild @ (includes lots of graphics)

Harrington

2) I wasn't talking about the experience, but the levels at which you said players can make them.

Oh ok.... but those are the same levels that's required for the Sawmill. It doesn't really matter anyway, as the minimum entry level is 60, so if you can get in, you can use the tablesaw regardless.

I really just included the levels for formalities sake. :)

Wait...I thought that the tablesaw was used with the Woodcutting skill. If it's for Construction, it still needs to go up.

pouserbarkp4.png

Project Onyx Staff Writer. Stories, articles, and opinions, oh my!

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It can be either woodcutting or construction or even both... you guys decide. I don't want to unbalance things too much.

Construction doesn't make that much sense, so Woodcutting is probably the way to go. However, the first level should be around 45 for planks, 50 for oak, 60 for teak, and 75 for mahogany.

pouserbarkp4.png

It can be either woodcutting or construction or even both... you guys decide. I don't want to unbalance things too much.

Construction doesn't make that much sense, so Woodcutting is probably the way to go. However, the first level should be around 45 for planks, 50 for oak, 60 for teak, and 75 for mahogany.

Yeah, I'd prefer woodcutting experience too.

I see what you mean about bumping up the minimum requirements for using the tablesaw. It's something I may add if others agree with your point. Thanks again.

Harrington.gif

um, i'm wondering why we need a con guild when the whole apparatus is at our house, the only skill really where everything you will ever need is plopped right in front of you.

um, i'm wondering why we need a con guild when the whole apparatus is at our house, the only skill really where everything you will ever need is plopped right in front of you.

So you're saying you can aqcuire logs, turn them into planks, moving your houses location, change its appearance, and hiring a servant, all in your house?

pouserbarkp4.png

Though I will love to see a construction guild, I think you suggestion is (a bit) misunderstanding some of the points of construction. Con was meant to be a money sink, and that is the reason why players cant make their own planks, cloth bolts, gold leafs and marble (and yes, I know it can be seem absurd: high level crafters can make fury amulets but not a simple cloth bolt for a table-map, and the stonemason must get his materials somewhere). High-level and a full facility show-off house = awful waste of millions. That is one the main targets of that skill, and you offer is doing the opposite.

On the other hand, maybe some of the harsh, repeating train ways of the skill can be ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¦Ã¢â¬ÅsoftenedÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬ÃâÃ

L.Bellatrix.png

Slayer: 85/85, Herblore: 82/82, Farming 81/82, def 99/99.

new goals: full sardomain costum from t.trails (2/6), slayer 87/90, attack 98/99

Dragon drops: 4 half shields, 2 dragon spears | whip drops: 5.

barrow drops: Ahrim's hood

stupid guild... why do you want new dragons?? why in a skill guild...

and there is no room for a guild south of ardy...

runeminermb1.gif

^^ click my sig for my lesser ranging guide ^^

jwrm22: 4816th > 99 cooking 100% f2p !1172 total! + 140mil in items.

i dont play anymore... i think rs is ruined

w00t, i really like that purple, maybe a bit darker, but it looks pretty cool!

Ok, I've darkened it a little :)

ok cool 8-)

dibujillole3.png

^click to visit my blog! And if u got some spare hammers for my collection, i will always take them just pm me :)

5743th with cooking 99!--8 november 2006--

16361st with str 99! --15 april 2007--

35000th with Attack 99! --20 June 2008--

29524th with Hitpoints 99! --3 August 2008--

Yeah sounds good. I woud think that there is a shop to buy nails/logs etc. Possibly seeweed spawn, to make your own molten glass.

1800+ TOTAL LVL --- 1170+ F2P TOTAL --- 266+ QuestPoints, Proud Owner Of A Quest Cape

=========================

||Check out my blog||

=========================

Chezy_Boi.png

white dragon leather please :D

Thats what third age is made out of, I doubt they are going to release any other kind of white leather.(besides cow hides)

"A time comes when silence is betrayal" MLKJ

Speak your mind, but be civil.

Get mad, but do not rage.

Do unto others as you would want done to yourself.

"]doughnutt.jpg

Follow the doughnut to my blog! :D

1. remove all methods to self-create planks. Non-rational as it may be, jagex will never ever change it.

2. The main facility of the guild should be not a way to stock planks or so, but *a different, less repeating and less expensive way to train and get exp*. I would suggest a con minigame in which you get planks and use them for constructing and repairing different items, but you cant take neither planks or those items out, but only replace them with game points. Game points could be used later to buy some real con products, but in a much slower and balanced way.

3. Instead of giving the new dragons marble and gold-leaf drops, do something else: make some different kinds of creatures that will drop clues (from easy monsters droping lv1, to dragons dropping lv3). Those clues will be like any other clue scroll, except a decoration con symbol. The dangers and rewards should be like regular clues, but with a single difference: There is a semi-rare chance to get some con materials:

lv1 clues: 2-20 limestones, regular planks or 1-6 cloth bolts.

Lv2 clues: 2-20 oak, teak planks or 2-12 cloth bolts.

lv3 clues: 1 gold leaf or marble blocks, 2-12 mahogany planks.

So: very nice offer, but I cant support it in its current form :-)

Hi Bellatrix.... thanks for your post

On the first point of Construction being a money sink, I completely agree, but I think you'll find that the enormous majority of money was blown on the planks as opposed to the high level materials such as marble and gold leaves.

Both the COSTS and TIMESCALES for converting logs to planks would be identical to those of the Sawmill. The only advantage would be some minor EXPERINCE.

It's a nice alternative to all that running and money spending. At least at the Guild, it'll be a little more worthwhile.

While I like the idea of a minigame related to construction, it's a little outwith the scope of my suggestion :)

On the third and final point. I quite like the idea of clue scroll construction rewards and if enough other people support that, then I'll add it. For now I'll leave it alone (mainly coz I can't be bothered designing another monster atm).

Thanks for your feedback anyway, it's constructive and appreciated :)

Harrington.gif

stupid guild... why do you want new dragons?? why in a skill guild...

and there is no room for a guild south of ardy...

Why do we want new dragons?... read the entire suggestion dude and you'll see.

Why in a guild?... because it's related.

No room for a guild south of Ardy?... eh, the graphic clearly illustrates that there is.

Harrington.gif

1. remove all methods to self-create planks. Non-rational as it may be, jagex will never ever change it.

2. The main facility of the guild should be not a way to stock planks or so, but *a different, less repeating and less expensive way to train and get exp*. I would suggest a con minigame in which you get planks and use them for constructing and repairing different items, but you cant take neither planks or those items out, but only replace them with game points. Game points could be used later to buy some real con products, but in a much slower and balanced way.

3. Instead of giving the new dragons marble and gold-leaf drops, do something else: make some different kinds of creatures that will drop clues (from easy monsters droping lv1, to dragons dropping lv3). Those clues will be like any other clue scroll, except a decoration con symbol. The dangers and rewards should be like regular clues, but with a single difference: There is a semi-rare chance to get some con materials:

lv1 clues: 2-20 limestones, regular planks or 1-6 cloth bolts.

Lv2 clues: 2-20 oak, teak planks or 2-12 cloth bolts.

lv3 clues: 1 gold leaf or marble blocks, 2-12 mahogany planks.

So: very nice offer, but I cant support it in its current form :-)

Hi Bellatrix.... thanks for your post

On the first point of Construction being a money sink, I completely agree, but I think you'll find that the enormous majority of money was blown on the planks as opposed to the high level materials such as marble and gold leaves.

Both the COSTS and TIMESCALES for converting logs to planks would be identical to those of the Sawmill. The only advantage would be some minor EXPERINCE.

It's a nice alternative to all that running and money spending. At least at the Guild, it'll be a little more worthwhile.

While I like the idea of a minigame related to construction, it's a little outwith the scope of my suggestion :)

On the third and final point. I quite like the idea of clue scroll construction rewards and if enough other people support that, then I'll add it. For now I'll leave it alone (mainly coz I can't be bothered designing another monster atm).

Thanks for your feedback anyway, it's constructive and appreciated :)

I like the construction clue scroll rewards. They give a nice little reprieve on your money.

pouserbarkp4.png

I like you idea, but since you worked so hard to get to 60+ con maybe they could put all the things in there that normally cost money.(stone guy, saw mill guy) only at like half or even a third of the price... Just because your in the guild so its about time you deserve a break. Don't you think? (I realize that you have the saw mill table there but sub it with a plank man maybe :-k )

Apparently, my signature was to big.

I like you idea, but since you worked so hard to get to 60+ con maybe they could put all the things in there that normally cost money.(stone guy, saw mill guy) only at like half or even a third of the price... Just because your in the guild so its about time you deserve a break. Don't you think? (I realize that you have the saw mill table there but sub it with a plank man maybe :-k )

I will consider adding a Stone selling guy at some point if others ask for it too :)

Thanks

Harrington.gif

Like the idea. :D

Maybe it could have some normal and oak (and teak?) trees so that you could chop them down then turn them into planks. Like at the crafting guild you have clay rocks, a wheel, and a kiln - everything you need. Thinking along the lines of that, where you could have the trees, way to turn into planks, so it'll get you through the entire process.

Like the dragons, too. Purple ftw! :thumbsup:

yan+the+wise.png

Like the idea. :D

Maybe it could have some normal and oak (and teak?) trees so that you could chop them down then turn them into planks. Like at the crafting guild you have clay rocks, a wheel, and a kiln - everything you need. Thinking along the lines of that, where you could have the trees, way to turn into planks, so it'll get you through the entire process.

Like the dragons, too. Purple ftw! :thumbsup:

Thanks Yan, trees are definately something I'll add. Going to wait for some more feedback regarding how many and which type would be popular with the majority. I'll update the graphic when I know mroe :)

Harrington.gif