How the heck do you train herblore?

aj926

This IS a discussion, not an ask for help.

I've been confused on this for many years and was wondering how on earth you TRAIN it?

Like, powertraining. Is there a solution?

Post yours here.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

buy ingredients

mix them

We've got a smart-one on our hands.

Unless you have lots of money to burn it's slow going.

jfacsig01ti4.jpg

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I-

I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

I rather hate herblore aswell. You can either dump money into it, or spend ages buying ranarrs and collecting your own 2nds/vials, etc to break even. But then again, I shouldn't be talking, I know nothing really either of how to effiently train herblore.

Combat FTL

Combat_FTL.png

I prefer the slow, boring no-way-in-Gielinor-am-I-going -to spend-that-much-money-for-a-skill approach: kill enemies that drop all of the required supplies (Main ingredient, secondary ingredient, water-filled vial) and fight there for a while. Slow, but saves money :thumbsup:

everfreefire.png

everfreefire.png

buy ingredients

mix them

thanks i love it when i can answer an entire post in less than 10 words

You should use all that time you saved to actually read the post.

jfacsig01ti4.jpg

I grow all herbs myself, training farming at the same time. Super sets and prayer pots are probably the best potions to make because you can sell them in bulk without too much effort. Keep an eye out for people selling seeds, plant them when you can, make them into potions, and when you have a hundred or so of whatever you are making (prayer pots or super sets, a hundred super sets is obviously 300 potions), go to world 18 edgeville bank. Don't bother making potions into 4-doses- you can get a better profit selling at 3. Even at 3-doses, super sets can be sold for 10k each in edgeville bank and, if you're lucky, on forums. You won't raise the skill very quickly (though you will get levels over time), but there's much less pointless and repetitive clicking involved than other skills.

EDIT: Get eyes of newt and vials from Entrana using the castle wars bank and air balloon system, buy limpwurt roots from other players, and farm your own whiteberries.

buy ingredients

mix them

thanks i love it when i can answer an entire post in less than 10 words

Not a matter of saving time.

I read the post and thats the way to powertrain herblore,

buying and mixing, tell me a faster way and ill bequiet until then

dont tell me what to do.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayl4.png

Quit. PM me if you play The Conduit to exchange friend codes.

I've gone from 70 to 77 herblore (I have enough herbs for lvl 80 in my bank) all from manage thy kingdom. Granted, I've been doing this for several months, but it's the cheapest way to do it, hands down. Oh, and I've also grown my own herbs quite often.

Manage thy kingdom...just do it while you train other skills. I've barely put any effort into the skill at all other than getting seconds. Takes a while...but it's easy. :)

Runescape Name: "unbug07"

sunsig6yg.png

Expand your mind.

When I want to train I usually kill druids until I get a couple of hundred herbs and then make them into potions. If you really want to power train then you can buy all of the ingredients and stuff to make the pots, but I do not like the idea of spending all of that money when I am usually going to come out of it at a loss.

Meridithila.png

Meridithila.png

The Internet: where men are men, women are men, and children are the FBI.

First Dragon Drop 5/6/2006 -Dragon Med from Bronze Dragon :D

First Barrows Item From Chest 2/20/2007 - Verac's Brassard :D

dont tell me what to do.

He wants a discussion on what you find to be the best way to get fast Herblore levels. You - trying to be witty - said the simplicity of Herblore, not how to powertrain it. That's like saying to powertrain Mining all you do is: Mine rock, and not saying which rock, where, how or any of the details the author desires.

jfacsig01ti4.jpg

dont tell me what to do.

He wants a discussion on what you find to be the best way to get fast Herblore levels. You - trying to be witty - said the simplicity of Herblore, not how to powertrain it. That's like saying to powertrain Mining all you do is: Mine rock, and not saying which rock, where, how or any of the details the author desires.

You didnt tell me a faster way and its obvious the fastest way is the highest level potion, i mean whos gonna mix the lower level potions when there powertraining.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayl4.png

Quit. PM me if you play The Conduit to exchange friend codes.

You didnt tell me a faster way and its obvious the fastest way is the highest level potion, i mean whos gonna mix the lower level potions when there powertraining.

Yeah, those people that build Oak Larders must be crazy.

jfacsig01ti4.jpg

My solution is to divide your time between Pest Control (when you're high enough to have very fast games i.e. Affliction) and the Chaos Druids underneath Yanille. Don't skip the guam leaves, every herb counts. Then again I've mostly stuck with Chaos druids and have had less luck with Pest Control.

What I'm planning to do is invest in several Greenman's Ales (+? Herblore) and make Magic Essense potions (once I can in Fairy Tale II). I'll just power-train on Goraks to get the horns (ideally I'll be able to find some safe spot), and then collect a lot of the sun flowers and go from there, emptying vials rather than storing them. Once I'm down to my last load, I'll save the potions so I can use higher level magic spells...

f475e02ecc.png

don't worry, you are going to "hell" anyway. wanna race to see who gets there first?

Officially reached 100 Combat at 1:33PM EST, June 14, 2007

First Dragon Drop: Dragon Chain (Dust Devils) @ 10:48PM EST, July 14, 2008, lv113 combat

I have always found that the flesh crawlers in the security stronghold have nice herb drops and are aggressive to boot and if you find the right room (east and south of the entrance) there are enough there to keep me on my toes just collecting the drops. I rarely keep herbs below Ranaar.

Another tip is that while killing unicorns i generally bring a knife and an axe (hachet) with me to just east of seers and make arrow shafts while waiting for the unicorns to respawn...keeps the boredom down just that little bit.

In runescape, there still remain a few skills that have NO ALTERNATIVE to the normal way of training, besides combat.

These are (may be more)

Mining

Wcing

Herblore

Agility

Slayer

Construction (somewhat, but the entire concept is the same)

all the rest have 2+ ways of lvling up.

Herblore is tricky...i like farming irits and using them for super antis for pyramid plunder.