A Good Airplane Flying Game?

im1knight

im looking for a GOOD detail Airplane flying game, mostly like flying a boeing or airbus or something. i have tried Flightgear and YSflight. Flightgear dont even work i can't get my plane into the air and YSflight's 3D is 2 low...so im looking for a game that's useable, free and actually got good 3D. and please post the file size, system requirements etc here plz. ty for ur help

Quit runescape on Jan 6th of 2008, at level of 115 with around 150M worth of item in bank...however stats still remains

Baoding.png

World 59, the world i loved~

59.png

Now 95% dedicated to playing Microsoft flight simulator

image_mini

http://www.youtube.com/user/im1knight

my youtube channel with many FSX videos i made. please leave a comment if you will

is it free?

Quit runescape on Jan 6th of 2008, at level of 115 with around 150M worth of item in bank...however stats still remains

Baoding.png

World 59, the world i loved~

59.png

Now 95% dedicated to playing Microsoft flight simulator

image_mini

http://www.youtube.com/user/im1knight

my youtube channel with many FSX videos i made. please leave a comment if you will

is it free?

Flight Simulator 2004 is only about 20 USD in any local game store. There's really nothing that can hold a candle to the Flight Simulator series, especially FSX. If you want a good flight simulator you're going to have to pay.

the russians are the best! Hands down!
Womzoomed-1.gif

FSX will destroy almost any computer unless you can run Vista flawlessly.

FS9 (aka FS2004) is 20 bucks and with a few tweaks and addon packs (try a site like avsim.com), it looks amazing. I play every few days while I read for class.

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

Barihawk, when you say destroy you mean that it would be really slow?

~MAK

It's optimized for 2 gigs RAM, a modern processor, and a DX10 card.

It will run on my 1 Gig, 2.8 Ghz DX9 system, but not at full potential. You'd be better off playing FS9 because it would look and play better.

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

Absaloutly nothing can compare to the Microsoft Flight Simulator series for that.

You can also download more aircraft for the game (anything from sopwith tri's to f-20's) on trustable websites like fsfield.

You can also download more aircraft for the game (anything from sopwith tri's to f-20's) on trustable websites like fsfield.

nothing quite like flying an x-wing over new york

Yeah... I have a few UFOs that are VOTL.

And the space shuttle Discovery. It's not realistic to take off with with unlimited fuel on, or you'll be going mach 5 in a few seconds. It goes extremely fast with very little fuel to simulate launching. It's extremely hard to land because it is basically a very heavy glider.

• 3 months later...

Be prepared to *learn a ton* unless you want to get bored of it in a few days :P

And if you want to get on the multiplayer circuit (VATSIM), you'll need to have your stuff down pat or look like a fool. The tutorial courses are definitely worth it and even then they don't cover everything you'd need to go about flying in a live ATC environment :\

smithie3.jpg

I just posted something! ^_^ to the terrorist...er... kirbybeam.

If you own an N64 (Or an-online Wii), Star Fox 64 (NOT Command or Adventures, those suck).

He want's a flight sim, not a game that just happens to include flying in bits

smithie3.jpg

I just posted something! ^_^ to the terrorist...er... kirbybeam.

If you own an N64 (Or an-online Wii), Star Fox 64 (NOT Command or Adventures, those suck).

He want's a flight sim, not a game that just happens to include flying in bits

Star Fox 64 is a full-blown flying game, with the exception of 2 levels, it's not flying "bits"...

The title said airplane-flying game, and Star Fox centers around futuristic airplanes, that's all I thought. If he wants a sim, then I wouldn't know a good one. Sorry. :(

For an airplane Game..I'd recommend the Ace Combat series. very fun and easy to learn.

For a SIM..try Microsoft Flght Simulator. I'd say FSX is the best because it's the newest.but hearing from these guys, I'd say go for 2004. I've got FS98 on the other computer..it's not great graphically, but it's almost as authentic as it gets without actually flying one of them.

You can't really beat MS Flight Smulator. It's almost the best out there.

The+Adaminator.png

69827172ou0.jpg

So the other week I had a lot of spare cash, and went and bought FSX: Deluxe. Shelled out 70 bucks and cleared 15 gigs on my hard drive and it barely runs :|.

Oh well, X-Plane is better anyway.

phx.jpg

Gamertag: King Arizona