is switching options in dueling considered scamming? well..

ganon95

yeah thats not the only one, ive been confused to lol. i had melee armor with me, but the idiot switched it to 'No Melee' and turned magic on, I coulda swore that melee was allowed before though. So he ran outta air blasts (LOL) and i sat there for about 2 hours then he finally forfeit. then i get a pm 'im sorry i scammed you can i plz have my stuff back plz'. so he admitted it was a scam, Reported, sucks to be him i guess.....

:lol: thats funny

i always watch the first screen armor options and hit accept to make sure they cant change anything, if they change anything about the armor ill know about it, if they changwe anything with the no food/no pots, etc options ill know about it on the second screen

emote.gif

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=615955

click link to go to ganon95 productions

runescape requires a lot of skills, napoleon dynamyte would love this game

i am the proud owner of the quest point cape; all quests done 12/04/06

I've never been one for dueling, so I wouldn't know first hand, but IMO you could consider it a scam but I would say it's still your fault. Compare it to the common item scam where the 1000k is replaced with 100k. If you miss the change and don't look at the second trade screen, that doesn't mean that Jagex should reimburse your money.

deciever2.gif

Dragon Drops: D spear x 2, D skirt, D half-shield, D axe, D 2h

Barrows Rewards: Ahrims hood, Karil's Coif, half key x 6, D med, torags legs, veracs flail

What are some examples of item scams?

Some examples of item scams are:

* Offering an item and then removing the item within the first or second trade screen.

* Offering an item and changing the agreed price within the first or second trade screen.

* Misleading players by providing false or inaccurate information, for your own personal gain

------

And there you have it, straight from the KB.

mzvest,Shadorik.gif

Shadorik.gif

Yes. It is absolutely scamming if you switch options so that you have an unfair advantage. There have even been cases of people being banned for switching armor before the match starts (like wearing full ranger gear, then switching to mage gear to throw a warrior off).

I doubt that players can get blackmarks or get banned for switching armors like that... That's a strategy, like using all 4 specs of a dds and then switching to whip...

Losers...

Are you blind or ignoring me on purpose?

Even though I sometimes side with religious people in some debates, I no longer consider myself religious.

In my opinion the second screen should be the same as the first, but the accept & decline somewhere else, so you can't (accidentally or meaningly) double click.

I mean, if you can't see anything else than some of the armors can't be used, then it is definetly not your fault and he is scamming you.

Retired

Ex-E174

Ex-Venqeance

[Ex-Tha Familia3]

In my opinion the second screen should be the same as the first, but the accept & decline somewhere else, so you can't (accidentally or meaningly) double click.

I mean, if you can't see anything else than some of the armors can't be used, then it is definetly not your fault and he is scamming you.

i agreeee with that

emote.gif

lol i have this great story about duel scaming. so im looking for a range fight and the noob wants to fight me.. so he puts up some items and i put up some money and its a range only fight. well he switches it to a range and mage fight thinking that i wont notice so i go with it. well hes in mystic robes trying to ice burst on me.

would have worked if we had mele fought but i was using c bow with karils.

guess someone told him mage will alway own.. well it owns when the person is using a mage short with steel arrows.. but not when theyre using a full cbow..

Americans love to fight. All real Americans love the sting of battle.

George S. Patton

1242631666.png

Dueling has a confirmation screen just like trading does, that recaps all dueling options.

Just like if you get the bait and switch scam, you are at fault here.

ALWAYS READ THE SECOND TRADE/DUEL SCREEN!

He can't be reported, because you were so blinded about winning 5 million that you were careless!

Don't be caught! Be Cautious!

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

Dueling has a confirmation screen just like trading does, that recaps all dueling options.

He can't be reported, because you were so blinded about winning 5 million that you were careless!

If there is armour not allowed, it will only say "Some worn items will be taken off", it doesn't specify what will be removed.

Sam10187.gif

There are 10 types of people in the world - those that know binary and those that have a social life

If there is armour not allowed, it will only say "Some worn items will be taken off", it doesn't specify what will be removed.

Still the first duel screen. If they change something, you have to re-accept it. Don't hit accept until everything is satisfactory.

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

• 2 weeks later...

Still the first duel screen. If they change something, you have to re-accept it. Don't hit accept until everything is satisfactory.

jagex really needs to show what armor is worn in the second screen

emote.gif

• 2 weeks later...

from the many replies i have seen in these thread, it seemed many people dont really duel much...

the second screen dont say what amour options is on or off!

but just merely "some amour will be taken off"

it is definitely a scam, but like what people had said, bring amour when you due! or even runes and msb!

• 2 months later...
from the many replies i have seen in these thread, it seemed many people dont really duel much...

lol yea

emote.gif

lol yea

Please do not pointlessly bump old topics. This thread is about one month old. If you're posting a positive contribution to the topic, that's fine, but simply saying "yea" doesn't cut it.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog