Ah! The maps are alive! (Live Maps) ~ 182+ Supporters!

None2None

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well...if you think about it in that since...I never said anywhere

"unlimited roaming, and attacking of low-level players, by strong NPCs"
Infact what I said was the highway men right under Falador moving 30 spaces north...which is much less than unlimited, I also stated that players with experience would still have the advantage of knowing the general location of these monsters, but they may move in an area of maybe 50-100 or so spaces, no green dragons wouldn't be found in lumbridge...

The agressiveness of monsters has been discussed many times before, not everything is agressive, and there's no reason that a player in the game would ever be attacked by an incredibly strong NPC as long as they stay away from their roaming spot, and to tell the truth, I dont think I would see a level 3 up even near the green dragons...

Keep in mind, I am level 3...I'm a skiller and suggesting these ideas, monster levels and agression is the least of my worries, I'll add that part in later :)

Glad to hear that powerful monsters wouldn't get to roam that far. :)

Very true on the fact of monsters and aggressiveness as things stand now. :)

Now, as a tip (not as something to flame with):

I try to show players the wilderness area while they are still so new, as well as some of the super-dangerous areas. It makes it easy to have those newbies bank all their stuff so they lose nothing, and then I take them with me, head out to all those spots, and I show them around a little so they have an idea of what they can look forward to trying for someday. Thankfully, I haven't run into any that "messed their pants" yet, but then again, who knows, they may not have admitted to it. :lol:

With how things are currently, this is an easy task for me. :) ... So, is there any way you can think of to fit this new idea that wouldn't mess up an experienced player in some way such that they would be forced to take more than about 30 minutes max to show a new player around? (Trust me, highwaymen are more than bad enough. :-s ...)

~Mr. Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

Imagine your pking and then a green dragon wanders down to edgeville. :twisted:

"A time comes when silence is betrayal" MLKJ

Speak your mind, but be civil.

Get mad, but do not rage.

Do unto others as you would want done to yourself.

"]doughnutt.jpg

Follow the doughnut to my blog! :D

I think the thread's starter already suggested something regarding "city shield lines"... :?

~Mr. Devnull

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

I think the thread's starter already suggested something regarding "city shield lines"... :?

~Mr. Devnull

I meant in the wildy, It wouldn't enter edgville per sai.

"]doughnutt.jpg

Ah, I get what you mean. :D Would be funny, though. :lol:

(On the side: The only thing I hate about understanding P2P stuff so well is the fact that I have never been one. I'm beginning to think I'd make a great P2P'er, IF I had the $5/month to pay. At least I could escape the Newbies and Noobs then.)

~Mr. Devnull

Ah, I get what you mean. :D Would be funny, though. :lol:

(On the side: The only thing I hate about understanding P2P stuff so well is the fact that I have never been one. I'm beginning to think I'd make a great P2P'er, IF I had the $5/month to pay. At least I could escape the Newbies and Noobs then.)

~Mr. Devnull

If you can become P2P take it up immediately.

"]doughnutt.jpg

Lol, wow, I havent checked this in a while, and I'ma add something to the 1st post to make everything clear, lol...

And I've come up with a new idea for new players - Warning messages when they are about to enter a high (designated level by the player) level monster zone...somewhat like the wildy...I g2g right now...someone remind me to add it when I get back, rofl :roll: :lol:

I would suggest that the world map would maybe be red in enemy territory (not blinding but you know) and green in yours. If you were in enemy territory you wouldn't be allowed in their home city or buy from their stores. And you would get ambushed sometimes.

the rocks slides are a good idea!

maybe the first person to search it gets the item? I dunno.

The rest I didn't really care for though...

Well...for rock slides I was thinking along the lines of everybody being able to search the pile (as long as it's there) and everybody would be able to get one gem, key, stack of gp, etc...as opposed to just one person being rewarded...idk if you'd think that better or worse, but that's what I had in mind :)

Well...for rock slides I was thinking along the lines of everybody being able to search the pile (as long as it's there) and everybody would be able to get one gem, key, stack of gp, etc...as opposed to just one person being rewarded...idk if you'd think that better or worse, but that's what I had in mind :)

That reminds me... about those rockslides... people should not die automatically from them or lose insane hp amounts... maybe a couple hp off at max and being slid many spaces away... :-k

~Mr. Devnull

That reminds me... about those rockslides... people should not die automatically from them or lose insane hp amounts... maybe a couple hp off at max and being slid many spaces away... :-k

~Mr. Devnull

I think I said they would only loose 10% of their total health... :)

I like your ideas. Could have a problem with the moving rocks, as has already been noted, and of course roaming monsters can pose a threat to low lvl players (you just got pk'ed on your lvl 16 mage pure and are leaving lumbridge when you see Jad walk through the castle :shock: :uhh: ).

I support.

perfect grammar is one thing, typing like a drugged monkey and enjoying it is another

AMEN!

I like your ideas. Could have a problem with the moving rocks, as has already been noted, and of course roaming monsters can pose a threat to low lvl players (you just got pk'ed on your lvl 16 mage pure and are leaving lumbridge when you see Jad walk through the castle :shock: :uhh: ).

I support.

lol, :P , I doubt you'd see that happening :)

added a support list :P

I support.

lol, :P , I doubt you'd see that happening :)

added a support list :P

"The day Jad went for a walk..."

No! You'll die if you try to kill that farmer!
nah whips should be as left as is. besides theyre the intestine of an abbysal demon (i think) have fun crafting that.

I support.

Jad breaks away from its gaurds, takes a boat(after using his ring of charos because tokkul doesn't work) walks through draynor and ends up in Lumbridge. :wink:

"]doughnutt.jpg

I hate to have to "crucify" you on your words... here's a direct quote of the "rockslides" section of your thread start. You MAY wish to change your thread start post afterwards...

ROCKSLIDES

Rockslides could be a new kind of random event, involving more than just one player! Beginning with a rock just shaking. After about 5 seconds, the player(s) within 5 spaces would be in for a surprise and the rock could crumble onto them, pushing them back one space and taking 1/10 of their precious health or possibly killing them. After the rockslide had happened, and the person(s) had moved or been pushed, there would be ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¹ÃâRubbleÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ there that you could search, which would, of course, give you a general random event item. (i.e. a gem, coins, *for members a half key)

This would be RunescapeÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s FIRST multiplayer random event!

(Correction pointed out by will_holmes, it would be the second behind the poisonous vine)

could be done with falling trees and high tide while fishing as well.

Look at the text I made bold, italic, and underline in the direct quote of you... it says "or possibly killing them"... Point made?

18.) D_V_Devnull (I can add you right?)

Yes, you can add me. :) ... Just PLEASE fix up your ideas so they don't result in any easy player deaths. :)

~Mr. D. V. Devnull

I hate to have to "crucify" you on your words... here's a direct quote of the "rockslides" section of your thread start. You MAY wish to change your thread start post afterwards...

ROCKSLIDES

Rockslides could be a new kind of random event, involving more than just one player! Beginning with a rock just shaking. After about 5 seconds, the player(s) within 5 spaces would be in for a surprise and the rock could crumble onto them, pushing them back one space and taking 1/10 of their precious health or possibly killing them. After the rockslide had happened, and the person(s) had moved or been pushed, there would be ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¹ÃâRubbleÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ there that you could search, which would, of course, give you a general random event item. (i.e. a gem, coins, *for members a half key)

This would be RunescapeÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s FIRST multiplayer random event!

(Correction pointed out by will_holmes, it would be the second behind the poisonous vine)

could be done with falling trees and high tide while fishing as well.

Look at the text I made bold, italic, and underline in the direct quote of you... it says "or possibly killing them"... Point made?

18.) D_V_Devnull (I can add you right?)

Yes, you can add me. :) ... Just PLEASE fix up your ideas so they don't result in any easy player deaths. :)

~Mr. D. V. Devnull

Lol, sorry, I wrote these like 3 years ago for the Runescape forums and I'm just now re-posting them :roll:

Fixed :P

everything was well thought, and the ideas were really good, but the thing i didn't like was the prices part, but i really liked the part about monsters, it could be like rl hunting, like you find a creature you weren't expecting there, and hunt it, or your walking though town, and all of a sudden to theives jump a guard or something else.

99 Fletching 99 Attack 99 Constitution 99 Cooking 99 Strength

Gamertag: H8tebringer

h8tebringer-siggy-bloodskull-1.jpg

everything was well thought, and the ideas were really good, but the thing i didn't like was the prices part, but i really liked the part about monsters, it could be like rl hunting, like you find a creature you weren't expecting there, and hunt it, or your walking though town, and all of a sudden to theives jump a guard or something else.

I'd forgotten a little about the prices part of this idea... Yeah, that section might need minor work. If prices could go insanely wild, that would not be good. Possibly add a thought of limiting price changes to a "-5% to +5% of original" allowed maximum change? :-s

~Mr. Devnull

I'd forgotten a little about the prices part of this idea... Yeah, that section might need minor work. If prices could go insanely wild, that would not be good. Possibly add a thought of limiting price changes to a "-5% to +5% of original" allowed maximum change? :-s

~Mr. Devnull

Well, of course store prices couldn't go insane, but for instance feathers...there are macroers buying feathers all the time...and what I imagined was the prices...for the first while, would move fairly quickly, but then after time, if they keep being bought, they would keep going up, it would just happen more and more slowly...somewhat like how skills are set up, you level easily at first, but it gets harder and harder as you go along. :)

How does that sound...I might add that to my origional post aswell...I had it in mind the whole time, but your right, nothing was clear :P