Ah! The maps are alive! (Live Maps) ~ 182+ Supporters!

None2None

Warring stuff: eh, too much stuff like it...sounds a lot like cw except with npcs

Fluxuating Prices: Sure, more realistic, but of course...it'd do nothing, so whats the point? lol

Roaming Monsters: sure, why not

Moving Mining Rocks: This wouldn't deter autoers in the slightest, because they move by color, not by places usually.

Rockslides: Great idea, i think its a good one!

Criticism is a good thing, and thanks for giving me some :)

Wars, well, your somewhat right...it would be something like a *changing* minigame that's actually on the map, not in a separate location.

Fluxuating prices, again, your right, but then again, feathers sell for 2gp ea, macroers try to buy 2gp ea only...if this is implimented, by the end of the night the price might be 20 ea :roll:

:)

Moving mining rocks, yea, your right, if they went off colors, it would work, and if they went off of UIDs they would still work...it's just be something new to spice up the game :P

Offtopic...Ah! I totally forgot about posting this...!

Contributing bump! :lol:

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

KINGDOMS AND KNIGHTHOODS AT WAR-A great idea, possibly the white knights moving down the road towards Varrock, or a war over a new territory.

FLUXUATING PRICES-The only negitive about this is that only a few stores (Mostly the dragon weapon carring ones) have items of value. Therefore, the falling in prices would happen often in the least popular stores. The players could alch items for more than they buy. I would like reduced weapon prices, however...

ROAMING ANIMALS/MONSTERS-Good idea, but an add on could be an attack on cities by this roaming monsters. A band of theives would attack varrock from the south, and players could attack the bandits or run, with the threat of being killed. They would ransack the town, taking items from stores and such. If you would die, you would wake up in a prison of the bandits, and have to escape, while rescuing fellow players and NPCs! Another Mass random event.

But, for the idea you gave, it's great. As long as a green dragon doesn't find it's way to lumbridge...

MOVING MINING ROCKS AND TREES-Not much to say but good idea, really.

ROCKSLIDES-A good event, could be done with falling trees and high tide while fishing as well.

OhioState.jpg

The GES, the only clan ruled by a Goat.

"How did it start? I mean, did one kid just yell out lets have sex!""

KINGDOMS AND KNIGHTHOODS AT WAR-A great idea, possibly the white knights moving down the road towards Varrock, or a war over a new territory.

FLUXUATING PRICES-The only negitive about this is that only a few stores (Mostly the dragon weapon carring ones) have items of value. Therefore, the falling in prices would happen often in the least popular stores. The players could alch items for more than they buy. I would like reduced weapon prices, however...

ROAMING ANIMALS/MONSTERS-Good idea, but an add on could be an attack on cities by this roaming monsters. A band of theives would attack varrock from the south, and players could attack the bandits or run, with the threat of being killed. They would ransack the town, taking items from stores and such. If you would die, you would wake up in a prison of the bandits, and have to escape, while rescuing fellow players and NPCs! Another Mass random event.

But, for the idea you gave, it's great. As long as a green dragon doesn't find it's way to lumbridge...

MOVING MINING ROCKS AND TREES-Not much to say but good idea, really.

ROCKSLIDES-A good event, could be done with falling trees and high tide while fishing as well.

ooooooo, simple suggestions, but great ones, I'll add em in a bit :shock: :wink:

I'm gonna make this simple and short because I am very tired right now... -.-

These ideas would not work out because this game is aimed at an extremely young demographic. Instead of attracting a lot of people, you would end up with very few older people being attracted and too many young people being scared off. This would utterly destroy RuneScape and bring Jagex to their knees and wipe the game off the web forever. :(

Just think about it a while. :-k You'll get what I mean. :|

~Mr. D. V. Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

I'm gonna make this simple and short because I am very tired right now... -.-

These ideas would not work out because this game is aimed at an extremely young demographic. Instead of attracting a lot of people, you would end up with very few older people being attracted and too many young people being scared off. This would utterly destroy RuneScape and bring Jagex to their knees and wipe the game off the web forever. :(

Just think about it a while. :-k You'll get what I mean. :|

~Mr. D. V. Devnull

Well, yea, I see what your saying, and as that may be true, put this into perspective:

WoW (Online MMORPG I'm sure you all know about) is able to charge $15 a month and have MORE users than Runescape. WoW has huge updates regularly, some people like, others people don't, but most stay to see what the new-ness is, and end up getting used to it.

Runescape charges a minimal $5 a month and doesn't have as many players, Runescape, yes, would have to risk making large updates and possibly scaring away old users, but that could also ignite a new crowd to the game...We have very few large updates, one being the wilderness 3-round combat getting destroyed. At first, people may not have liked that, but they got used to it and not there is a whole new system to PKing.

And about the game being young? That shouldn't matter. WoW is much younger than Runescape and has many more features including better graphics, different races, defigned clans, more items, etc...it has a more combat focused view than Runescape. And as you can see from the ammount of people playing each game and the ammount that each game charges, you can see that people are willing to pay more for that combat-based side as opposed to doing the same thing over again like you do in Runescape.

Runescape (or Jagex) needs to be more liberal and look twords the future of MMORPGs and try to compete with WoW on levels other than the price, I admit, if I had $15 a month, I (and I'm sure many others) would play WoW over Runescape in a heartbeat because of their better features in combat, graphics and items. Their conservative aiming at getting new skills and new ways to get thoes skills up in a 'fun' way can't last forever. The customers decide the game, not the programmers.

That's my view on large updates ;)

EDIT: Minishcap92 is a prefect example. Read his siggy :)

Something like "Used to play RS. Not anymore. WoW pwns!"

I absolutely love the idea of a war being waged between cities. You could pick a group to join with, and maybe you could submit a number of another groups people you killed, thus effecting how next "update" would be. It could be almost a minigame, but one you could play without having to go to a designated island or gamespot, with a chance of dying and such.

They could put all the groups soldiers in like level 1-5 wilderness and that's where you had to fight them. If a person of another group saw you, and were in the wilderness level restrictions, they could attack you and try to get you to not kill their mates.

Also the smaller towns, like Port Sarim (sp) and Draynor could be neutral, but if you were aligned to a group, they would talk differently to you, based on their "hidden" alliance.

no

nadsiggeh2cw3.png

I applaud to your interesting and unique ideas. The roaming ncp's and monsters, with the occasional interaction, would make the game so much more interesting. The moving mining rocks is a very unique idea. I support that one because of its further prevention of macroers.

The warring kingdoms would be quite fun to watch. Perhaps the black knights could raid Falador every once in a while? They could simply start walking from their castle, then charge the White Knights Castle and engage in combat. That would be extremely entertaining to watch, and RS players could even assist in the battles to whicher side they chose. The knights would continue to yell at one another during the battle, until the black knights are defeated.

That same general idea could go for when Varrock Guards assault the Bandit Camp in the wilderness. :)

You have my support. Keep up the good ideas.

bannerbancocopiadj3.jpg

userbarunorbv1.png

[bleep], my parrot has better grammar than you.

{Author of Tip.It Times article}{Founder of the F2P Bankspace Campaign}{Interviewed for the Gielinor Tribune}{F2P Bankspace was ACHIEVED!}

I'm liking all of these ideas! They're great! I'd add on some more ideas, comments, and questions.. but I don't have the time nor the patience at the moment (my fingers are frozen!)

But one little thing that's bothering me throughout this thread.. It's "fluctuate", not "fluxuate".

Other than that... I love it!

demonslayer2.png

Retired Tip.It Mod || Admin and Founder of Caesar 3 Mod Squad! All are welcome!

I'm liking all of these ideas! They're great! I'd add on some more ideas, comments, and questions.. but I don't have the time nor the patience at the moment (my fingers are frozen!)

But one little thing that's bothering me throughout this thread.. It's "fluctuate", not "fluxuate".

Other than that... I love it!

Post them :P

and I'll edit that :)

Roaming Animals/Monsters:

Great Idea! That would make the game Much More fun! =D>

(Okay, before I reply, I should note I stripped a 'line feed' out of that large white space...)

Now, to crack down on this idea... this is to anyone that agrees with the idea, for that matter:

What is on your minds with wanting this? :x ... This would make no region of the RuneScape map safe for anyone who was just starting the game! A "Level 3 New Player" would try to go exploring after tutorial island in an attempt to learn their game map areas, and end up bringing a "Black Knight (Level 33)" back to lumbridge with them when they were just trying to run away from it, and a whole keg of people would end up dead, right along with them!

Think before you have ideas like these!

~Mr. D. V. Devnull

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

Dont flame the ideas even though theyre still a little rough.

Ofcourse, NPC's of all levels shouldnt be able to attack a very low level.

Everybody can think of measures, such as the roaming monsters only being able to attack enemies above 50% or 66% their level, and under 200% (for example) but what matters are the ideas, and theyre hugely game-improving.

So stop attack all these relatively young, but good ideas, and think of something yourself what should improve the game!

And yes, there should be some safe places, some cities and sanctuaries are guarded by NPC's that attack the roaming monsters (ofcourse there should be a mix of higher and lower level guards), but the wild should be dangerous and you shouldnt be totally safe there, especially the wilderness should have alot of these monsters and maybe they should be able to attack any level in wilderness.

ANy thoughts?

conplaatje3vl9.png

Dont flame the ideas even though theyre still a little rough.

Ofcourse, NPC's of all levels shouldnt be able to attack a very low level.

Everybody can think of measures, such as the roaming monsters only being able to attack enemies above 50% or 66% their level, and under 200% (for example) but what matters are the ideas, and theyre hugely game-improving.

So stop attack all these relatively young, but good ideas, and think of something yourself what should improve the game!

And yes, there should be some safe places, some cities and sanctuaries are guarded by NPC's that attack the roaming monsters (ofcourse there should be a mix of higher and lower level guards), but the wild should be dangerous and you shouldnt be totally safe there, especially the wilderness should have alot of these monsters and maybe they should be able to attack any level in wilderness.

ANy thoughts?

Exactly, who's to say that these soldiers would attack neutral people, as I stated, you could join your favorite side, meaning that your are origionally neutral, but then can join a side and become deneutralized after taking a side, then you would be at risk.

Think of ways to solve your own skepticisms before posting them, to tell the truth, that doubt wasn't that hard to bypass :|

I think that idea was brought up before...but idk...if you have anything else, just tell me and I'll see if there's a way around it ;)

..., but the wild should be dangerous and you shouldnt be totally safe there, especially the wilderness should have alot of these monsters and maybe they should be able to attack any level in wilderness.

ANy thoughts?

Yes, just one: The Wildi's monsters already do that to any level. We don't need that coming and happening in non-wildi zones like Lumbridge.

~Mr. Devnull

ok, how about this?(changes some things around a little/alot) npcs and players have the thing showing their combat replaced by a percentage ratio showing how strong the opponent is compared to you.this would determine the comparative difficulty of the monster.if, however, you don't like this, it is possible to get a small wristband (2 new armor slots ftw) that shows along with the opponents combat level their max hp & in some cases weaknesses/strengths.this armband would need the recipient to be roughly equal in power to a level 50 player.ill leave the actual levels to jagex.if a npc, with some exeptions, were to encounter a player thats under a certain level they would ignore them, due to them being too weak to be of any worth fighting to the npc.if the player does attack, however, they are most likely toast.on the wristband idea, there would also be a matching wristband that prevents the other one from working on you.npcs' normal attacking boundaries (red spiders not atackin a 69+ for example) would still be in effect through this.

You never know which rabbit hole you jump into will lead to Wonderland. - Ember3579

Aku Soku Zan. - Shinsengumi

You wanna mess with me or my friends? Pick your poison.

If you have any complaints about me, please refer to this link. Your problems are important to me.

Don't talk smack if you're not willing to say it to the person's face. On the same line, if you're not willing to back up your opinions no matter what, your opinion may as well be nonexistent.

..., but the wild should be dangerous and you shouldnt be totally safe there, especially the wilderness should have alot of these monsters and maybe they should be able to attack any level in wilderness.

ANy thoughts?

Yes, just one: The Wildi's monsters already do that to any level. We don't need that coming and happening in non-wildi zones like Lumbridge.

~Mr. Devnull

Did you read my post? the fact that you would be neutral unless you chose a side?

ok, how about this?(changes some things around a little/alot) npcs and players have the thing showing their combat replaced by a percentage ratio showing how strong the opponent is compared to you.this would determine the comparative difficulty of the monster.if, however, you don't like this, it is possible to get a small wristband (2 new armor slots ftw) that shows along with the opponents combat level their max hp & in some cases weaknesses/strengths.this armband would need the recipient to be roughly equal in power to a level 50 player.ill leave the actual levels to jagex.if a npc, with some exeptions, were to encounter a player thats under a certain level they would ignore them, due to them being too weak to be of any worth fighting to the npc.if the player does attack, however, they are most likely toast.on the wristband idea, there would also be a matching wristband that prevents the other one from working on you.npcs' normal attacking boundaries (red spiders not atackin a 69+ for example) would still be in effect through this.

Could you possibly put that in paragraphs? :?

ANy thoughts?

Did you read my post? the fact that you would be neutral unless you chose a side?

Yes, I did read it, and here's the point I am trying to make:

A number of the in-game monsters are set to auto-attack anything weaker than the following formula regarding the monster's level...

"monster level" x 2 + 1 = "level at which monster no longer auto-attacks"

...and without regard to "neutrality". Jagex purposely intended to have some monsters that didn't give a 'hangnail' about whether you were not attacking them or not. If you're weaker, you get attacked ANYWAY... This is noticed, though, to be primarily such with any "Zamorak-loving monsters" and less so with "Saradomin-loving monsters"...

IS MY POINT NOW MADE???

~Mr. Devnull

ANy thoughts?

Yes, I did read it, and here's the point I am trying to make:

A number of the in-game monsters are set to auto-attack anything weaker than the following formula regarding the monster's level...

"monster level" x 2 + 1 = "level at which monster no longer auto-attacks"

...and without regard to "neutrality". Jagex purposely intended to have some monsters that didn't give a 'hangnail' about whether you were not attacking them or not. If you're weaker, you get attacked ANYWAY... This is noticed, though, to be primarily such with any "Zamorak-loving monsters" and less so with "Saradomin-loving monsters"...

IS MY POINT NOW MADE???

~Mr. Devnull

No, it's not ... I could argue the exact same, look the beastary, you'll find that some monsters are agressive, and some arn't. Jagex could easily make these battles civilized and make no monsters agressive, or even warn you before entering a battleground. Are Hobgoblins agressive? Yes. Are goblins agressive? No. Reguardless the level difference, that doesn't mean that these grounds can't be neutral. Look at the gnome battlefield for example, two sides, neither agressive.

It is completely possible to alter your views of the game...Zamorak could be just as civilized in war as they are in Runecrafting.

Your trying to put down a perfectly rational suggestion with small details and flukes that could easily be changed/altered...With nothing to gain on your side...I just don't get it... :|

Your origional title was Living Maps

This immediately suggests to me the idea of seasons, time, and sunlight.

These would most likely be related to which server you chose to log onto.

e.g. if you were thieving from a chest, you may want to log onto a server where it is night... even if its day where you are. Thieving tends to be an activity of either the night or crowded spaces (pickpocketing)

Snow would be harder (more tiring or perhaps slower) to run in.

Not sure what other effects Seasons and Time of Day would have. There is bound to be some other suggestion threads around that relate to seasons.

ANy thoughts?

~Mr. Devnull

What monster would you be able to drag to Lumby that would have any way of one hitting them or something. Jail guards are the closest thing to Lumby that would be able to do any damage. Secondly the guard wouldn't be able to get over there because it would have a roaming area of like 30-45 spaces, which is nowhere near lumby.

Edit - To the above poster.

I would LOVE to see Runescape implementing there own clock or even a separate clock for each timezone/server.

"A time comes when silence is betrayal" MLKJ

Speak your mind, but be civil.

Get mad, but do not rage.

Do unto others as you would want done to yourself.

"]doughnutt.jpg

Follow the doughnut to my blog! :D

Your origional title was Living Maps

This immediately suggests to me the idea of seasons, time, and sunlight.

These would most likely be related to which server you chose to log onto.

e.g. if you were thieving from a chest, you may want to log onto a server where it is night... even if its day where you are. Thieving tends to be an activity of either the night or crowded spaces (pickpocketing)

Snow would be harder (more tiring or perhaps slower) to run in.

Not sure what other effects Seasons and Time of Day would have. There is bound to be some other suggestion threads around that relate to seasons.

OK, Good idea, suggest it yourself though, lol, this is a bit different :wink:

ok, on the issue of autoattacking monsters, this may fix it (or at least help it).each monster and npc (with some exeptions) has a sort of "siding" with one or more types of groups/cities/etc.if you are on the same side, then the npc won't attack you (with exeptions, such as trails, quests, etc.).if you're not, but your side isnt fighting theirs, the aggressiveness (which id prefer to refer to aggro) is normal.if they're in opposition, then the normal aggro rate is doubled(as in monster lv*4-1=or

as regard to seasons, they could tie into my first suggestion.depending on the season or time (is about 6-8* faster than real time in regard to the time zone the world is in) certain monsters may appear/strengthen/weaken/etc.with certain equipment, characters can take advantage of the seasons (by giving them an elemental charge) with the disadvantage of being reduced in abilities if they are traveling in an area that is elementally charged to be over your element (like water

if there are any holes in this, please let me know!

You never know which rabbit hole you jump into will lead to Wonderland. - Ember3579

Aku Soku Zan. - Shinsengumi

You wanna mess with me or my friends? Pick your poison.

If you have any complaints about me, please refer to this link. Your problems are important to me.

Don't talk smack if you're not willing to say it to the person's face. On the same line, if you're not willing to back up your opinions no matter what, your opinion may as well be nonexistent.

What monster would you be able to drag to Lumby that would have any way of one hitting them or something. Jail guards are the closest thing to Lumby that would be able to do any damage. Secondly the guard wouldn't be able to get over there because it would have a roaming area of like 30-45 spaces, which is nowhere near lumby.

ok, on the issue of autoattacking monsters, this may fix it (or at least help it).each monster and npc (with some exeptions) has a sort of "siding" with one or more types of groups/cities/etc.if you are on the same side, then the npc won't attack you (with exeptions, such as trails, quests, etc.).if you're not, but your side isnt fighting theirs, the aggressiveness (which id prefer to refer to aggro) is normal.if they're in opposition, then the normal aggro rate is doubled(as in monster lv*4-1=or

No, it's not ... I could argue the exact same, look the beastary, you'll find that some monsters are agressive, and some arn't. Jagex could easily make these battles civilized and make no monsters agressive, or even warn you before entering a battleground. Are Hobgoblins agressive? Yes. Are goblins agressive? No. Reguardless the level difference, that doesn't mean that these grounds can't be neutral. Look at the gnome battlefield for example, two sides, neither agressive.

It is completely possible to alter your views of the game...Zamorak could be just as civilized in war as they are in Runecrafting.

Your trying to put down a perfectly rational suggestion with small details and flukes that could easily be changed/altered...With nothing to gain on your side...I just don't get it... :|

I'd say you need to get your idea patched then. Use the quotes I am referencing here, which were rather much in response to my concerns, to patch it and you just might have a supporter in me. :wink:

In short, my biggest concern has been "unlimited roaming, and attacking of low-level players, by strong NPCs" and this is something I am certain Jagex won't allow to happen, but this idea thread so far has had trouble addressing while expanding the manners of gameplay. :(

On the side, I am one of those who likes to take every one time in a while and walk down to Lumbridge and help some truly new player who can't make heads or tails of the game's map or other features. Very probably, people like me are what makes RuneScape grow so well, even if a lot of those new people remain F2P. :)

~Mr. D. V. Devnull

I'd say you need to get your idea patched then. Use the quotes I am referencing here, which were rather much in response to my concerns, to patch it and you just might have a supporter in me. :wink:

In short, my biggest concern has been "unlimited roaming, and attacking of low-level players, by strong NPCs" and this is something I am certain Jagex won't allow to happen, but this idea thread so far has had trouble addressing while expanding the manners of gameplay. :(

On the side, I am one of those who likes to take every one time in a while and walk down to Lumbridge and help some truly new player who can't make heads or tails of the game's map or other features. Very probably, people like me are what makes RuneScape grow so well, even if a lot of those new people remain F2P. :)

~Mr. D. V. Devnull

Well...if you think about it in that since...I never said anywhere
"unlimited roaming, and attacking of low-level players, by strong NPCs"
Infact what I said was the highway men right under Falador moving 30 spaces north...which is much less than unlimited, I also stated that players with experience would still have the advantage of knowing the general location of these monsters, but they may move in an area of maybe 50-100 or so spaces, no green dragons wouldn't be found in lumbridge...

The agressiveness of monsters has been discussed many times before, not everything is agressive, and there's no reason that a player in the game would ever be attacked by an incredibly strong NPC as long as they stay away from their roaming spot, and to tell the truth, I dont think I would see a level 3 up even near the green dragons...

Keep in mind, I am level 3...I'm a skiller and suggesting these ideas, monster levels and agression is the least of my worries, I'll add that part in later :)