Ah! The maps are alive! (Live Maps) ~ 182+ Supporters!

None2None

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really like the rockslide idea

supporthisox7.gif

GUESS WHAT? The RED SOX and PATRIOTS are awesome, and there is nothing you con do about it.

CURRENT GOALS: Smithing 42/50...Fishing 47/50...Magic 35/33 Completed!! ...Attack 40/40 Completed!!!

I bought bgs 29.1m 3 days ago, sold yesterday at 30m (for those who are mathematically challenged: 800k profit).

Insane epic fail....

I like the idea of the wars (you can add me as a supporter of that idea), but i think it should be more like a minigame. Maybe have it so that each person can sign up on a certain team (maybe have one for Fally, one for Varrok, one for Ardy, and maybe one for the Grand Tree...) and then they must go to a "squad leader" type person and get an assignment like getting certain info. or killing a certain number of enemies.

There would still be battles. However, maybe instead of having them start randomly and in the actual "game" (where everyone can see them), have a "prep room" for each team and have a time period between each battle. In order to make this not seem like a new version of CW, it could be set up to have a different battlefield (maybe randomly choose an area between the two cities that are fighting) and a different number of npc's (maybe let their lvl's vary a little too) for each battle.

The above idea is just one that i thought might make the update a little simpler and take away the fears of getting attacked randomly during one of the battles (like if ur merching and have a lot of cash and expensive items on you (although it could also be that if anyone that's part of the battle kiled you, you'd keep all ur stuff)).

As for everything else, I think they're great ideas and you can add me as a supporter.

> SELECT * FROM users WHERE clue > 0;

0 rows returned

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

There are only 10 types of people

in this world: those who understand

binary and those who don't.

This statement is false.

$DO || ! $DO ; try

try: command not found

I like the idea of the wars (you can add me as a supporter of that idea), but i think it should be more like a minigame. Maybe have it so that each person can sign up on a certain team (maybe have one for Fally, one for Varrok, one for Ardy, and maybe one for the Grand Tree...) and then they must go to a "squad leader" type person and get an assignment like getting certain info. or killing a certain number of enemies.

There would still be battles. However, maybe instead of having them start randomly and in the actual "game" (where everyone can see them), have a "prep room" for each team and have a time period between each battle. In order to make this not seem like a new version of CW, it could be set up to have a different battlefield (maybe randomly choose an area between the two cities that are fighting) and a different number of npc's (maybe let their lvl's vary a little too) for each battle.

The above idea is just one that i thought might make the update a little simpler and take away the fears of getting attacked randomly during one of the battles (like if ur merching and have a lot of cash and expensive items on you (although it could also be that if anyone that's part of the battle kiled you, you'd keep all ur stuff)).

As for everything else, I think they're great ideas and you can add me as a supporter.

Well it seems many people would rather it be a mini-game, but in reality, that would just be too much like CW for me, tried to make it out of the box and make it seem as if Runescape had a present...right now there is only past. :roll:

EDIT: Ace? :-s

Good ideas. But the Rockslide would end up like tangle vine

Dead players

I support

~Velo (hi n2n)

made0f12une.png

^^ClicK^^

"I backed my car into a cop car the other day

Well he just drove off sometimes life's ok

Alright already we'll all float on

Alright don't worry we'll all float on" - Isaac Brock

Days Hunting:4 - Kingly Imps Caught:2

Money Earned: 4.5-5m

Well it seems many people would rather it be a mini-game, but in reality, that would just be too much like CW for me, tried to make it out of the box and make it seem as if Runescape had a present...right now there is only past. :roll:

I see what your saying. It would be cool to see wars going on every day between the different cities, but the only problem I see with it is that there wouldn't be a way for players to know in advance when something was going to happen so that they could get ready (I'm talking like a day or two in advance for those on the side that will attack while the side that's gonna defend wouldn't have very much warning).

Maybe we could combine the two... Make it so that once one side got so many people ready to attack, then they could march on the other city and attack it, but I don't see how this could be done in a way so that people who didn't want to join the fight couldn't be attacked. Maybe make it so that there was an option that let players decide whether or no they would join in a fight if it came or so that it was my idea above only the fights would be visible to everyone. :-k

As for a reward, the only thing I can think of would be discounts from stores in the city you fight for or some special armor declaring your allegiance. The plundering thing wouldn't really make sense because of how nobody lost anything (if people lost their stuff during these fights, they might as well be pking and they probably wouldn't be that popular) (although the npc's could drop things), but I guess you could set it up so that, during the fight, people coud steal from crates in stores or something. :-k

I don't know... I just think that this is gonna get way too complicated if it's not a minigame. With all the little details to work out (if it wasn't a minigame), and the fact that so many people will have so many different problems with it... I do, however, agree with the fact that, if it were a minigame, it would be a lot like castle wars, but with npc's and a different battlefield(s).

0 rows returned

This statement is false.

$DO || ! $DO ; try

I see what your saying. It would be cool to see wars going on every day between the different cities, but the only problem I see with it is that there wouldn't be a way for players to know in advance when something was going to happen so that they could get ready (I'm talking like a day or two in advance for those on the side that will attack while the side that's gonna defend wouldn't have very much warning).

Maybe we could combine the two... Make it so that once one side got so many people ready to attack, then they could march on the other city and attack it, but I don't see how this could be done in a way so that people who didn't want to join the fight couldn't be attacked. Maybe make it so that there was an option that let players decide whether or no they would join in a fight if it came or so that it was my idea above only the fights would be visible to everyone. :-k

As for a reward, the only thing I can think of would be discounts from stores in the city you fight for or some special armor declaring your allegiance. The plundering thing wouldn't really make sense because of how nobody lost anything (if people lost their stuff during these fights, they might as well be pking and they probably wouldn't be that popular) (although the npc's could drop things), but I guess you could set it up so that, during the fight, people coud steal from crates in stores or something. :-k

I don't know... I just think that this is gonna get way too complicated if it's not a minigame. With all the little details to work out (if it wasn't a minigame), and the fact that so many people will have so many different problems with it... I do, however, agree with the fact that, if it were a minigame, it would be a lot like castle wars, but with npc's and a different battlefield(s).

Well, I wasn't even thinking of giving a reward for the fight, it would be more of a "I want to fight for varrock" and I guess there could be possible drops of the other sides armor, but as I said in the post (I think...didn't I?) people who did not formally join a side would not be attacked by a side. :)

Mini-games are just to regular, adding another with the same goals of CW would be near-pointless... :?

Well, I wasn't even thinking of giving a reward for the fight, it would be more of a "I want to fight for varrock" and I guess there could be possible drops of the other sides armor, but as I said in the post (I think...didn't I?) people who did not formally join a side would not be attacked by a side. :)

Mini-games are just to regular, adding another with the same goals of CW would be near-pointless... :?

I agree, but the objective would differ from cw (in that it wouldn't be capture-the-flag, but rather a deathmatch type scenario) and so would the "content" of the game (npc's as well as players and new battlefields (randomly choose from 10 battlefields perhaps :-k )).

I think that this one could go either way(minigame or not a minigame), but either way there will be those who support it and like it and those who will complain about it. That's just how theses things work, but, whatever happens (if this is actually added), I will try to make the best of it and have a good time.

0 rows returned

This statement is false.

$DO || ! $DO ; try

Actually what I was thinking of this idea is that just some NPC group exits one city and is heading for the other city to engage in a NPC battle, of course players could attack the NPC's, the NPC's ofcxourse are powerful and work as a team, the NPC team should also include some higher level NPCs who dont attack lower players so low players still have a chance when engaging the group (ofcourse, no single player should be able to take the NPC group out singlehandedly), but anyway this is not some sort of minigame in which you can participate and take sides, you just see some NPCs of different cities battling each other and you can attack them freely.

I hope this was what you were thinking author?

conplaatje3vl9.png

Very good suggestions it would add a bit more life to runescape than the never ending cycle of 'Swing pick at rock', 'Swing pick at rock'...etc.etc.

ancientwv8.png

untitled6kv7.gif98% Of teenagers surround their minds with rap music, if you're part of the 2% that stayed with rock, put this in your signature, ROCK IS BETTER!

Actually what I was thinking of this idea is that just some NPC group exits one city and is heading for the other city to engage in a NPC battle, of course players could attack the NPC's, the NPC's ofcxourse are powerful and work as a team, the NPC team should also include some higher level NPCs who dont attack lower players so low players still have a chance when engaging the group (ofcourse, no single player should be able to take the NPC group out singlehandedly), but anyway this is not some sort of minigame in which you can participate and take sides, you just see some NPCs of different cities battling each other and you can attack them freely.

I hope this was what you were thinking author?

Well...Yes and no.

I was thinking along the lines of an event that changes based on current events in Runescape (which don't exist as of now) and battles would arise from that, once the battle is in place, sure, you can blaintly attack the NPCs, but you could also enlist in a side's army...from that you would be fighting for a common goal with other NPCs and players...No, it would not be PvP, it would still be PvN...I never got as far as to say what enlisting and winning would get you, but no, it wouldn't be your normal mini-game where you choose a side and there is a clear ending, there may not be kill counts, etc...it would be mostly for the sake of fighting with a common goal with others and against others...

So it would be PvP, but not literally, they would be trying to kill more NPCs than the others or make more progress than the others...I guess I have to make a lot of things more clear...

If that just turned you 100% off, I can remove ya, but hopefully that was somewhat what you had in mind, it would be on the actual map, and players would be able to walk past you or watch the battle etc, it would not be on some unrelated location like PC or CW.

Gah! It's hard making your topic have a cool tone and getting everything in! :XD:

I'll fine tune some more later today :)

Not at all, but I thought you wanted it like that firsthand.

WOuld be awesome if Jagex implement this too bad they propably wont, this is not in their style.

Yea...I know...I just suggest and pray, lol.

People acused me of that before, which is why I added that disclaimer in my first post :P

Okay, I hate to see an idea die from lack of posts and support... Come on, someone quit making me have to BUMP, and get in here and support this thing!

~Mr. Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)