The jagex message system...

Buckeyemange

(Move if needed)

I've seen it many times, but I had this happen, and wanted to get thoughts...

We are contacting you now on the matter of more F2P Bank Space. We are in dire need of more bank space. We already have no room for our essential items, and to add to that bulk, you have given us the new Sceptre pieces, and many holiday items that have collected over several years. Considering this, we ask for 12 new bank slots. http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic......89#3470189

-RS Community

I received this in return...

Dear Buckeyemange,

Thank you for your question.

Greetings adventurer!

Thank you for your message regarding Ban Issues.

We have read your message and selected this Frequently Asked Questions information guide which includes the answer to your question.

Why have I been banned/muted?

If you have been banned or muted either permanently or temporarily then you will be able to see this when you log in to Account Management from the main page. There you will see a list of your offences, and links providing the evidence.

How can I unban my Account?

You can appeal your ban by logging on using the 'Appeal an Offense/Ban' link, which can be found under the 'Account Recovery' section (left) on the main page of our RuneScape website (http://www.runescape.com). If your offense appeal has not been answered yet, please be patient as this will be done as soon as possible.

My Ban Appeal has been denied, what can I do?

This means that we consider the evidence and material we have on the issue to be strong enough to support our decision. As such, the ban stands, and you will NOT be able to appeal the ban any further.

How do I unlock my account if it's been locked?

If you have submitted a offence appeal and your account was hacked, you will need to submit a password request to regain control of your account. To do this, click the link 'Recover a lost password' at the bottom left of the homepage.

My Friends Account is Banned, can you Un-ban it?

If your friend's account has been banned and they have evidence with which to appeal the ban, then they will have to send it in themselves as a Ban Appeal, described above. We do not accept ban appeals from 3rd parties.

Can you Ban a player for me?

We are unable to ban other players on request. Please report a player if you feel they are breaking the rules. This can be done by clicking the 'Report Abuse' button at the bottom of the game window, and then following the on-screen instructions.

A Player said they would Ban me?

Some player's may claim that they can ban your account, this is not true. Only Jagex has the ability to ban an account, if this happens to you, report them under Impersonating Jagex.

Can I still be a Player Mod if I have a bad history?

Previous punishments do not necessarily cancel out the ability to become a player moderator. We do take into account the time at which offenses took place and if we feel that a player has redeemed themselves and has made themselves worthy of the role, then any previous issues could be overlooked.

I am scared my account will be Banned, how can I stop this?

Action will only be taken against an account if the player is breaking one of the RuneScape rules. The RuneScape Rules are located in the "Read our Rules" section which can be found under the "Information and Advice" menu. Please do not think that we block accounts without good reason, nor that we take the decision to ban accounts lightly. We only Ban accounts based on evidence and give all players the ability to appeal against their ban.

Is this player Banned?

As we cannot discuss other player's accounts, we are unable to comment on individual ban's or give out details on player's who are banned. However, rest assured that Jagex take action against all rule breakers to make RuneScape a safer place.

I have wrongly reported another player, will I get Banned?

This is not a problem, no action will be taken on your account.

Can I get a Refund because my account was Banned?

As per the Terms & Conditions of membership any outstanding credit on an account will not be refunded should that account be banned for breach of the Rules of Conduct. This policy is clearly mentioned upon becoming a member and during the subscription process, our position on this will not change. No transactions will take place on an account that is banned, automatically canceling membership payments.

We hope this has helps answer your query.

Thank you for your time,

Sincerely,

RuneScape Customer Support

Happy Gaming. :)

Don't forget to use the RuneScape Knowledge Base to find the answer to your queries quicker.

You can also find help on all free player and all new member quests through the QuestHelp system.

Yours Sincerely

Mod Heaton

Uh, what happened?

OhioState.jpg

The GES, the only clan ruled by a Goat.

"How did it start? I mean, did one kid just yell out lets have sex!""

Jagex sold out, thats what happened =P

This doesn't have to do with it though i think... :-k

Saying that they sold out has nothing to do with it. What did they sell out to? They grew and are having trouble like lots of games, keeping up with the players...that's obviously their fault for making a game lots of people like :-#

Already suggested & topics not to suggest

All topics on this list are not allowed to be suggested in this forum. If any of these topics are discussed, they will be removed.

- More bank space *

I don't think they want to discuss that issue with players right now, since they've heard it so much.

From the Jagex corporate website. Under "Credits", they have about 70 people assigned to customer support (not counting another 50 for just ban/appeal support).

Since those people only work 5 days a week, average about 14 (also if you have 24/7 support, then you have 3 shifts making about 4 people per shift) CS people per day. With the game having around 100-150K players at any given time, the amount of queries/questions/suggestions/etc. is probably outrageous. If even 10% of the population at any given time send in queries throughout the day. You're looking at 10-15k queries. Again, even if you split those (fairly) equal through the shifts, that's about 3-5k queries per shift of 4 people.

Auto-responders are almost mandatory, if you expect any kind of timely answer (granted if they answer). Like Umega said, with the volume of queries they have to go through, a lot of things won't be answered personally. And when they are auto-responded to, there are bound to be times when the wrong choice is picked.

If Jagex ever made a perfect update, there would be players complaining about nothing to complain about.

[hide=My Stats]Jake_Corsair.png[/hide]

it's not like they can say "now hiring customer support" and have 500 people instantly. Not everyone is cut out for CS work. So they can't just hire everybody off the street. I'll bet they get quite a few "angry" queries (especially in ban/appeal), and they have to have the temperment to let it slide and not respond the way they want to. Having worked CS before, I personally never will again.

If Jagex ever made a perfect update, there would be players complaining about nothing to complain about.

[hide=My Stats]Jake_Corsair.png[/hide]

Jagex sold out, thats what happened =P

I am not sure about that..

They have got bigger and they dont have time to anwser most questions they get.. But when they do give you a responce most of the time it's nothing to do with the question you asked..

O well

homerhc6.jpg

Respect- Oy_the_Great, Lode, Bubsa, Weezcake, Thrash111, Gloric, Vmser, Pianofrieak2, Runemetsa

Sigs Made By - Pink

The thing is, they say they have 70 or so people working for them in the customer support department. What they mean by that is, they have 70 people at computers pressing the "Auto-Respond" button. Nobody actually gets personal messages any more, because they don't send ANY.

It's like when the video camera dudes in the store see you take stuff, but they don't stop you. It's sort of in that spirit of dishonesty.

~

These posts are really getting on my nerves. They have 6 million registered users, 200,000 people logged on at peak times, receives thousands of queries a day - they cannot all be personalized messages. Wow, Jagex made a mistake with the reply, big deal - send another query. And to the guy that said "Few years back, all messages were personal blah blah blah", yeah I think that has something to do with the community being MUCH SMALLER. Also, I believe it was the same Clown that said "Jagex sold out." man, do you know what you're talking about? Jagex has not sold out. If you want this game to expand and grow you're going to have to endure these terrible, life-ending automated responses.

jfacsig01ti4.jpg

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I-

I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.